Alternative Accessories for my BD toys

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Anonymous fragger

Alternative Accessories for my BD toys

Postby Anonymous fragger » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:40 pm

I have 2 Bad Dragon toys and there was an issue with my toy cleaner. It was in storage for a while and apparently you're not supposed to store it laying down, because it leaks. Anyway, the toy cleaner bottle leaked about 90% of its contents and now that I plan to use them more regularly, I wanted to buy more toy cleaner. Also, my boyfriend has a non-BD toy with a cum tube, and I wanted to get the cum lube, but with $11 in shipping, I just can't deal. The shipping is goddamn ridiculous :misc5:

Does anyone know a good foaming cleaner that is good on BD toys? I've heard Foam n’ Fresh from Wicked is good, but is it good specifically on BD toys? There's a shop near me that sells it. In addition, does anyone know any good cum lube that works close to as good as the BD stuff does?
KnotyDes

Re: Alternative Accessories for my BD toys

Postby KnotyDes » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:28 am

normal soap works.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Anonymous fragger

Postby Anonymous fragger » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:20 am

KnotyDes wrote:normal soap works.

I specifically wanted a foaming toy cleaner because of how easy it is to use.
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:37 am

I use soap too (I use Dr. Bronner's, and brands like that). If I've been using an oil-based lube, I'll use a dish soap (Dawn, etc) for it's grease-cutting properties. It couldn't be any easier, just make a lather in your hands and... you know...

No need to spend extra money on a dedicated toy cleaner. They're too expensive, and it's another thing you might need to hide from prying eyes.
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:22 am

Really a waste of money to buy specific toy cleaner. Always overpriced, no matter which brand.

Just take your favorite soap or shampoo, it will have exactly the same effect.
I regularly take one or two toys with me under the shower to clean them alongside. Foamy as well!
Cosmic Nebula & Infinity Star
Worshipper of shiny space horse dick
19 pegs / 6 holes / stash of merch & misc

► Show Spoiler
Luxx

Postby Luxx » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:56 pm

Any non-abrasive (AKA, not the kind that exfoliates etc) foaming hand soap should be fine with silicone. You’d want to make sure it doesn’t for some reason contain a lot of straight sulphur (not sure why it would, but hey) or more silicone (small amounts can be fine, I still wouldn’t risk it), and I’d be wary of triclosan personally, but silicone toys are durable. You don’t need anything marketed as toy cleaner. At best, it’s the same soap you’d buy for your hands at a supermarket or drug store but five times the price. At worst, it contains things like formalin (no, really) that you don’t want anywhere near your body, because it’s less regulated than hand soap is.

For example, the Foam n Fresh is $11 for 8oz. You can get 8oz of antibacterial Dial or $3 at Walgreens if you’re in the US, and the active ingredient is the same; there’s actually more of it in the Dial.

Lube depends on your sensitivities, but there are plenty of white, cum-like lubes out there. The Big Gay Review is UK based, but has a couple of reviews that may be relevant.
Sandpaper

Postby Sandpaper » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:25 pm

Like everyone said, most soaps are fine. If you wanna be super cautious, buy a sample set to test soaps and stuff on. I've done that, yet I've never found any damage.

Idk what to do about lube though. I only buy BD lube, cause somehow a 9 bottle pack is the same price as any lube for sale in Sweden, even after $35 shipping AND TAXES!!! :angry: am I bad at searching? Or is lube here overpriced?
frostcheeta

Postby frostcheeta » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:51 pm

while I agree with most of the other posts here, I think you might be saying you want this one soap cause it "foams from the bottle" which if that's the case id just say find a cheap bottle of soap that foams and even if its not a proper product for toys, clean it our and fill it with a cheap hand/dish soap and youll be good till the pump breaks.
Anonymous fragger

Postby Anonymous fragger » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:37 pm

So, thank you to everyone who took time to answer!

I went to a sex shop today and spoke with someone about it who was experienced in silicone and bad dragon toys. Foam n’ Fresh from Wicked was assured & guaranteed for silicone toys, specifically Bad Dragon tested and tried as well. All of the suggestions for soap and stuff is super concerning, honestly, because all of that stuff breaks down and leaves residue on your toys that can cause infection and deteriorate your toys. Just because it also foams doesn't mean it's the same thing; I made this thread in hopes of tried and tested TOY CLEANERS, because just regular soap isn't just "fine". I'd take the time to boil my toys before and after each use before I even entertained the idea of using generic soap on my bad dragons.

But the problem has been solved!! Thank you everyone who offered their information and took the time to answer!
Villie

Postby Villie » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:00 pm

Anonymous fragger wrote:So, thank you to everyone who took time to answer!

I went to a sex shop today and spoke with someone about it who was experienced in silicone and bad dragon toys. Foam n’ Fresh from Wicked was assured & guaranteed for silicone toys, specifically Bad Dragon tested and tried as well. All of the suggestions for soap and stuff is super concerning, honestly, because all of that stuff breaks down and leaves residue on your toys that can cause infection and deteriorate your toys. Just because it also foams doesn't mean it's the same thing; I made this thread in hopes of tried and tested TOY CLEANERS, because just regular soap isn't just "fine". I'd take the time to boil my toys before and after each use before I even entertained the idea of using generic soap on my bad dragons.

But the problem has been solved!! Thank you everyone who offered their information and took the time to answer!

I've never heard anything to suggest hand soap would leave residue that a toy cleaner wouldn't hmm
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
katze

Postby katze » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:21 pm

?? Some of us have been cleaning our toys this way for years and haven't had an infection or seen deterioration on our toys. But whatever. Toy cleaner is just glorified soap. *shrugs*

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
Splicer-Gene27

Postby Splicer-Gene27 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:10 pm

yeah I'm just going to pop in and mention that the whole thing of breaking down toys with normal soap is actually very false. I have done much research on this since I had a friend work for pure romance recently and I heard the whole shpeel of how only toy cleaner is good for sex toys. So I started on a long flow of research since I didn't want to ruin my rather expensive bad dragon toys. Yeah and all the research I did proved this saying is false. It is simply a saying that has come out in recent years as a type of cash grab that is being taught to people who work at places and in general is misinforming the public. As we have seen toy cleaner is a very hefty price compared to the cheap price of normal soap. Also in my experience with toy cleaners both foam and spray, they do not get my toys nearly as clean as my anti bacterial soap. I have actually had a yeast infection from 'cleaning' toys with a SPRAY toy cleaner that I thought was getting the job done....apparently not good enough. Switched back to antibacterial pump soap and I was fine.

Not saying you have to listen to me or change your mind on what you use. I'm not even telling you to stop using foam toy cleaner I am just stating that research has proven that this thing about it breaking down has been proven false through research and personal experience.

Edit: Also wasn't saying that toy cleaners don't do the job....Just the SPRAY toy cleaners I have tried just....didn't do the job at all. lol but i def don't recommend the spray toy cleaners at all >.>
Last edited by Splicer-Gene27 on Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Female| 25| Cosplayer | RolePlayer

Toy List
► Show Spoiler

Check my profile for Wish List

Bad Dragon Bio~Tumblr
ReggyRenegade

Postby ReggyRenegade » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:17 pm

I can second that some toy cleaners have irritated my bits. I had a foaming one that was almost oily and hard to wash off and apparently left residue on my toys. I switched back to just plain soap and the dishwasher; voila, no more UTIs. :laugh:

Again, everyone does things differently and has their own preferences. By all means, use toy cleaner if you’d like. But lots of people prefer plain old soap for lots of reasons and there’s nothing wrong with that.
:dukacola: Agender (They/them) ~ Pansexual ~ My heart says 'size queen' but my body says 'minis' :dukacola:
Teenie Weenie Hoarder

► Show Spoiler
roseypearl

Postby roseypearl » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:29 pm

Same as everyone else. I've tried toy cleaner before, and yeah it might have gotten all the stuff off of my toys...If I had used half of the bottle maybe. I honestly wouldn't trust what someone who works at a toy store says. Not saying theyre bad people, but I've never been to a physical toy store that didn't sell bad quality sex toys to people, and I'll believe a forum of people who all have BD toys vs a person who says they know about BD toys and sells low quality toys to people. I'll keep using the soap I shower with vs foamy water
Azareus

Postby Azareus » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:34 pm

roseypearl wrote:Same as everyone else. I've tried toy cleaner before, and yeah it might have gotten all the stuff off of my toys...If I had used half of the bottle maybe. I honestly wouldn't trust what someone who works at a toy store says. Not saying theyre bad people, but I've never been to a physical toy store that didn't sell bad quality sex toys to people, and I'll believe a forum of people who all have BD toys vs a person who says they know about BD toys and sells low quality toys to people. I'll keep using the soap I shower with vs foamy water

Even without assuming they sell low quality toys, the fact is that they sell.
The fact is, a sex toy employee just so happens to be recommending specialized toy cleaner that they no doubt just so happen to sell at their establishment. Meanwhile, forumgoers are universally saying that regular soap is fine, no branding attached. If everybody was saying "yep, Bad Dragon Toy Cleaner is the best, get that" there would be clear bias but as it stands...just soap.

I'd be far more inclined to listen to people who aren't actively trying to sell me something than a store employee that wouldn't mind making an extra sale.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:56 pm

Toy cleaner, at least BD's, is just foamy soap... There's very little difference between it and something you can buy in the grocery store. I've been using antibacterial hand soap to clean my toys for a few years now and I've never noticed any residue left over on the toys after a cleaning. The toys also show zero signs of deterioration or breaking down. I've never seen any evidence that hand soap will break down/destroy toys over time.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:05 pm

Just leave it be. OP apparently has made up his mind.
Let him buy the overpriced crap... it's not your money :)
Cosmic Nebula & Infinity Star
Worshipper of shiny space horse dick
19 pegs / 6 holes / stash of merch & misc

► Show Spoiler
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:26 pm

Im going to just drop this link that i just remembered about. http://dangerouslilly.com/lube-guide/

As it says its a lube guide (which is helpful), there is also a care and cleaning guide.

I will say no more. Use this info as you please.
My collection
► Show Spoiler

Return to “General Discussion”