Penetrable not holding its shape anymore.

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
tzern

Penetrable not holding its shape anymore.

Postby tzern » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:57 am

A long time ago I got a legacy Mary second hand. Since then, I've noticed a big change: The front doesn't really hold its shape anymore like it used to.
The front part of it feels a lot softer than the rest (and other penetrable toys), and when dry is also very sticky. When used, the affected part just doesn't really do much anymore.

This toy wasn't stored with other toys (of course I don't know what the previous owner did to it).

I don't think reselling a toy like this would be a good idea, but I've been thinking to cut off the entire face to still have the shaft to use.

Has anyone ever noticed a similar change to their toys?

I've attached some photos to try and show this, but I'm not sure how clear this makes it.

IMG_20180326_204151.jpg
IMG_20180326_204129.jpg
IMG_20180326_204124.jpg
IMG_20180326_204104.jpg
IMG_20180326_204032.jpg
IMG_20180326_204028.jpg
IMG_20180326_204012.jpg
IMG_20180326_204006.jpg
Raya

Re: Penetrable not holding its shape anymore.

Postby Raya » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:09 pm

Wow.... Iv... Never seen ANYTHING like that before!... :bugeyed:
WTB:Kona Teenie

Name Pronounced as Ray-uh
Former Username: Precious Wolf
Im A Therian Wolf
Lover of Knotts, Big Boobs, and Egg Laying/Birthing

DO NOT PM ME FOR SEXUAL FAVORS!!!!!
ImageImageImage
Sabbath

Postby Sabbath » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:37 pm

0.0 That is news to me, I've never seen anything like that before in silicone?
reine

Postby reine » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:38 pm

Sweet Jesus, I've never seen that happen, either! :bugeyed:

What kind of lube did you use with the toy? Silicone-based lube degrades silicone toys, and I think silicone-containing soaps/shampoos will also degrade BD toys. Has she been kept with any other plastics (not just toys)? What sort of storage space do you use for her?
:psyduck:
Nixy Neon

Postby Nixy Neon » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:41 pm

The only things I can think of that might cause this are a reaction with silicon based lube (based on it being sticky when dry), improperly boiling it (letting it touch the sides for too long and distorting it) or a combo of both.
tzern

Postby tzern » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:47 pm

Nope, I never used silicone lube or boiled them. I've got other BD penetrables, but this is the only one this happened to :surprised:
Raya

Postby Raya » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:51 pm

I know you said it was secondhand but send a ticket to BD and ask what could have possibly done that. If you didnt use silicone lube or nothing like that I'd love to find out what would do that.
WTB:Kona Teenie

Name Pronounced as Ray-uh
Former Username: Precious Wolf
Im A Therian Wolf
Lover of Knotts, Big Boobs, and Egg Laying/Birthing

DO NOT PM ME FOR SEXUAL FAVORS!!!!!
ImageImageImage
spiralcatfox

Postby spiralcatfox » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:35 pm

Oh no! Maybe the previous owner used a silicone based lube while using her? :surprised: :bugeyed:

Thats such a bad condition for a toy to be in :sniffing:
tzern

Postby tzern » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:48 pm

Small update: As a test, I tried to pull it apart to test its structural integrity. Strangely enough, the whole face part came apart from the shaft just from pulling the toy from opposite sides.

Even weirder, after some poking and prodding, it seems the inside (where it has come apart, not where people would stick their thingy) has become almost gooey in some places, as if the curing process was reversed. Even if the toy came into contact with harmful materials, it seems weird that this change wouldn't come from any surface area, but from seemingly inside the toy itself.
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:08 pm

tzern wrote:Small update: As a test, I tried to pull it apart to test its structural integrity. Strangely enough, the whole face part came apart from the shaft just from pulling the toy from opposite sides.

Even weirder, after some poking and prodding, it seems the inside (where it has come apart, not where people would stick their thingy) has become almost gooey in some places, as if the curing process was reversed. Even if the toy came into contact with harmful materials, it seems weird that this change wouldn't come from any surface area, but from seemingly inside the toy itself.

Could you give us updated pics so more experienced users can see how it split, and the gooey-ness? Also I second what Raya said, send a ticket to CS to see if they have any idea on what would cause this level of damage to a toy.
wuffyl

Postby wuffyl » Wed May 02, 2018 6:01 pm

tzern wrote:after some poking and prodding, it seems the inside is almost gooey in some places, as if the curing process was reversed. Even if the toy came into contact with harmful materials, it seems weird that this change wouldn't come from any surface area, but from seemingly inside the toy itself.

i wonder if it was properly cured all the way through in the first place?
► Show Spoiler
tzern

Postby tzern » Thu May 03, 2018 8:30 am

wuffyl wrote:i wonder if it was properly cured all the way through in the first place?

I'm pretty sure it was. When I initially got this toy, it was nothing like this. It was a very slow and gradual change.

CakeLurker wrote:Could you give us updated pics so more experienced users can see how it split, and the gooey-ness? Also I second what Raya said, send a ticket to CS to see if they have any idea on what would cause this level of damage to a toy.

I took some photos of the detached shaft here: https://imgur.com/a/bAFNjN9

What's worth mentioning is that the inside part is very shiny compared to the more matte outside (is it that way on all toys?)
I couldn't get any good photos of the gooeyness, but pinching a random section of the inside makes that section break away from the rest very easily. In some places it was bad enough that it behaves almost like uncured (or barely cured) silicone (incredibly sticky, almost more liquid than solid).

I did end up writing CS, and they have no idea what could've caused this kind of damage either beyond that it must've come into contact with some kind of incompatible material.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Thu May 03, 2018 3:05 pm

Yikes! If the texture of some of the silicone is presenting as "gooey", it has *definitely* come into contact with something it shouldn't have, not necessarily lube. I remember an incident a couple years back, someone had tossed a Fliint, (I think) into their bathroom sink after playing. The toy started going gooey and melting. There had been soap residue (or something incompatible with silicone) in the sink, which then got on the Flint and started it degrading.

For it to be happening internally, though, it immediately makes one think that lube is the cause. How long have you had her, years? How long have you noticed the change? If you've had this toy for a few years, it's unlikely the previous owner's lube is the cause. It would have degraded, or at least started to, long before now, I'd think.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Rin

Postby Rin » Sat May 05, 2018 9:40 am

Nixy Neon wrote:The only things I can think of that might cause this are a reaction with silicon based lube (based on it being sticky when dry), improperly boiling it (letting it touch the sides for too long and distorting it) or a combo of both.

Just want to pipe up that boiling shouldn't distort a toy, even if it's left touching the sides. A roiling boil will keep the toy moving in small increments, and aside from that silicone has an INCREDIBLY high melting point.

Back on topic, I agree with others that it sounds like this toy came into contact with something it shouldn't have. :crying: Which is an enormous bummer. Nobody likes to have a toy croak on them.
Female/30/Bisexual
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Sat May 05, 2018 11:29 am

Rainbow Dasher wrote:I remember an incident a couple years back, someone had tossed a Fliint, (I think) into their bathroom sink after playing. The toy started going gooey and melting. There had been soap residue (or something incompatible with silicone) in the sink, which then got on the Flint and started it degrading.

I looked up the thread and turns out that the Flint owner's toy actually hadn't been degrading from the sink. It was something that developed in their drawer during storage and they killed the gunk off with a bleach bath and some scrubbing.

EDIT: I TAKE IT BACK I found the real thread you're referring to here. Looks like multiple Flints have died in the past. :/
wuffyl

Postby wuffyl » Tue May 08, 2018 11:47 am

Rin wrote:
Nixy Neon wrote:The only things I can think of that might cause this are a reaction with silicon based lube (based on it being sticky when dry), improperly boiling it (letting it touch the sides for too long and distorting it) or a combo of both.

Just want to pipe up that boiling shouldn't distort a toy, even if it's left touching the sides. A roiling boil will keep the toy moving in small increments, and aside from that silicone has an INCREDIBLY high melting point.

Back on topic, I agree with others that it sounds like this toy came into contact with something it shouldn't have. :crying: Which is an enormous bummer. Nobody likes to have a toy croak on them.

The melting point is high enough that people use a lighter to test toys to see if theyre actually silicone (to a degree) http://dangerouslilly.com/2014/03/deciphering-results-of-flame-test/
► Show Spoiler

Return to “General Discussion”