Suction Cup or Cum tube?

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Vampyrum

Suction Cup or Cum tube?

Postby Vampyrum » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:26 pm

So, I’m 99% gonna get the tentacle (Ika) I wanted for a while, with suction cup.

I’d also been toying (ha) with the idea of a few others with a cum tube. None of mine have either at the moment (one Mary and one Spritz with custom colors that didn’t allow tubes).

My question is this; which do you prefer if you had to pick between the two?

Also, I love getting creative, so if anyone has fun thoughts or things they’ve done with the cum tube, I’d love to hear!
* Mary the Anthro Mare (country orange)
* Spritz the Seadragon (custom fade - Shiny Gardevoir themed)
Villie

Re: Suction Cup or Cum tube?

Postby Villie » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:00 pm

I feel like it could be fun having just one toy with a cum tube, but honestly... it's such a hassle to clean, and then let it dry, etc etc etc that I feel I would purposefully avoid using that toy haha.

Suction cups are awesome though and I always feel like they're a nice bonus on any toy, while a toy having a cum tube can make me completely turned off from wanting to buy it.
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:03 pm

I try and get SC's on every toy that can have one, it makes riding the toy so much easier. while cumtube add a bit of fun at the cost of being messy. I find cumtubes to also be helpful at lubing up, which helps a lot with the bigger toys.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Padre

Postby Padre » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:06 am

I vastly prefer cumtubes, most of my toys (ordered too) have 'em, but that's definitely a personal preference! I don't -always- use the tube feature, but I like having the option, and it's a nice, uh, fantasy element.

Suction cups I use surprisingly little, but that's due to preferred positions/places (bed.) not really allowing me to use em.
So, maybe consider whether you would even get the chance to use a SC?
Pseudo cleric with a preference for dragon dongs.[/align]
Vampyrum

Postby Vampyrum » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:35 am

Ohhhh, okay! Yeah, I see what you guys mean. Like I mentioned, personally I’ve always been a little more attracted by the tube, and thinking about it, the cup might have more use where I am.

Hmm.

Another question; can the tube use anything else, or is the lube the only thing that should be in it, besides cleaner?
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:35 pm

Vampyrum wrote:Ohhhh, okay! Yeah, I see what you guys mean. Like I mentioned, personally I’ve always been a little more attracted by the tube, and thinking about it, the cup might have more use where I am.

Hmm.

Another question; can the tube use anything else, or is the lube the only thing that should be in it, besides cleaner?

I hook mine up to my shower shot for a constant flow of water.

I have pumped beer thru a few of my toys.

The tube is made of silicone so you can pump whatever doesn't harm silicone thru it. As long as you clean it well, you should be fine.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
HentaiBD

Postby HentaiBD » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:42 am

I definitely like having a suction cup on my toys. They don't really take up room and especially enhance experience in the shower and other places with flat surfaces.
The cum tubes ... mhm, i don't know. I really enjoy playing with them but they use up soooo much lube that I rarely end up using them. I kinda like having one on my XL Chance but I find that the tube always get's in the way when realigning my position.
Toys owned:
-> M/3 Fenrir, L/5 Gryphon, XL/5 Nox, XL/5 Chance (new):
-> XL/8 Winston, XL/5 Flint, XL/3 Crackers, Natasha
roseypearl

Postby roseypearl » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:11 am

I havent used a cumtube, but I find suction cups not really necessary. Like someone else mentioned, my preferred positions dont really make use of a suction cup. I've tried some positions using my sc, but they were fairly awkward (I really domt understand how some people use them against walls. I have tried my damndest and cant get it right xD). I still get them if possible though, just in case. I want to try a CT myself but I'm fairly lazy and dont know if I'll be willing to clean it all the time
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:32 am

I always get a CS, I think they are a must from a certain size for anal, riding, knots... The only good thing I can say about cumtubes is that they are good for keep you lubed, but as other says its a pain to clean and dry. I tried Use them as a straw, but with XL toys is not very practical :laugh:
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
MachineDoll

Postby MachineDoll » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:59 am

Suction cups all the way. While a CT is nice once in a while for that warm fill-me-up feeling, I don't see myself purchasing another one perhaps ever. Just my preference though.

KnotyDes wrote:I have pumped beer thru a few of my toys.

Please be very, VERY careful about this. While beer does not have a high alcohol content, any that is absorbed into the body does not have the chance to get filtered to your body, instead going straight for the blood stream.
Ovipositor and egg laying enthusiast. Princess by day, knotty at night.
My toys:
► Show Spoiler
Vampyrum

Postby Vampyrum » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:42 am

Okay, makes sense from both perspectives. Seems like the most common consensus is that he suction cup is most practical.

Since I DO still want a tube toy, I’ll probably go ahead and get that Ika with suction cup first, and figure out a toy for a tube later on.

I can also see what you mean with spending too much lube, too. You’d need a good supply to use it regularly.

Also, might sound dumb, but I imagine a homemade edible cum would be okay for a tube? For random oral play. (Again assuming that ingredients are safe, and the tube/toy is well cleaned)
RainbowNanaki

Postby RainbowNanaki » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:13 pm

Vampyrum wrote:Also, might sound dumb, but I imagine a homemade edible cum would be okay for a tube? For random oral play. (Again assuming that ingredients are safe, and the tube/toy is well cleaned)

I personally don't see a huge issue with it - just make sure you give everything a good boil and/or 10% bleach bath. However, I am by no means an expert on the subject, so I'd feel more comfortable if others weighed in on the situation first.

As for suction ups vs cum tubes...I personally prefer suction cups, as it makes it easier to ride my toys or play with them in the shower. Plus there's the added bonus of being able to stick my toys to the shower wall to dry! However, I am also not a big fan of cum tubes. They are a pain to clean, and since I only can use mini and small toys, I personally have no need for adding lubrication deep inside me. For me, the only cum tube toy that I have and use is a Lil Squirt, and I use that to clean myself out. I just prefer the added reach and control over bulb-style things.
gay/23/transguy/extremely single
:misc6: :eyeroll:

My Toys

► Show Spoiler
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:42 pm

I also like suction cups and order them whenever it's possible. Good for standing (for me, in the shower) or seated. Makes it as close to "no hands" experience as possible. I don't think the suction cup is a problem, if you're using the toy without actually using the suction cup (example: lying down) - I guess it makes the base sliiiiightly thinner, probably not noticeable in use for most designs.

I also suspect a suction cup makes resale easier.

The cumtube seems like it's good for partner play and photos/videos (it looks cool) and also to deliver lube for XL toys, but neither apply to me. I don't have any toys with cumtubes, and I avoid them.
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:38 pm

MachineDoll wrote:

Please be very, VERY careful about this. While beer does not have a high alcohol content, any that is absorbed into the body does not have the chance to get filtered to your body, instead going straight for the blood stream.

I am well aware of this. I have never used more than one beer. now if you want to talk about something really stupid, i use to play around with fireball and other cinnamon whiskey's. that was interesting and talk about an almost instant buzz.

thanks for worrying though.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Noll

Postby Noll » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:58 am

KnotyDes wrote:
MachineDoll wrote:

:words:

:words:

Well it could be interesting for fun drinking times if linked with a fantasy or something of the likes.

And I really prefer SC, I only have one lil' squirt and it's a real pain to clean and dry, so no more CT for me probably.
List of toys owned in profile.
WhiteWulfe

Postby WhiteWulfe » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:26 pm

For ages, I wanted a toy with a cum tube... Got one on my Bumble Hooves, and around the same time also got a few toys from other companies with suction cups. Both have their uses, but I've found I tend to avoid using my Bumble Hooves due to all the extra cleaning that is required because of the cum tube...

Cum tubes in their stock configuration with the stupidly long hose also make it hard to get a nice, satisfying splurrrtt of cum lube under one's tail(s), but word is if you shorten it this is a lot less of an issue (I think many have said cut the length in half, something like that?).

I do have plenty of surfaces I can slap a suction cupped toy onto though, so that may also affect a personal bias, but I find them significantly more useful in comparison, and will be ordering most of my toys with suction cups if available...

Sure, I love the cum tube, but there's always that "ugh, extra cleaning" feeling to deal with. Kind of nice though when you're just a touch short on lube and you can have your toy "spurt" a small extra amount to work with though!
Starrystrawberry

Postby Starrystrawberry » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:20 pm

I just ordered a lil' squirt, so I guess I'll see how I like cum tubes, and the Nocturne I just picked up in clearance a few days ago has a suction cup attached. I don't ever really feel like adding anything on to my custom toys, though? I have a feeling that unless I get a toy in clearance with a cum tube, I'll probably just use my lil' squirt when I want that feeling.
I am a typing catastrophe.

Wishlist: Spritz (small- in natural), Elden (medium- in natural), Echo (small), Winston's Tongue (large), Apollo (small), Kage (in signature), Tako (medium), Pretzal (medium), Scorn (small), Votan (small- in natural), Stan (small), Egg Plug (natural, small), Flint (mini), Gunner, Hunter, Trent (small), Bruce, Cole (small)

Wishlist (Colors): Alexandrite, Opal, Jupiter, Cosmic Nebula, Full Spectrum, Amethyst, Ghost, Janine's natural,
Idra

Postby Idra » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:37 pm

Apologies if this is late!

Personally, I like suction cups. I tend to lay on my back and thrust so they don't always get a ton of use, but they're helpful when I'm in the mood to ride something. If you know you don't ride toys, I wouldn't bother paying $10 extra for it, but if you even ride sometimes, I would definitely get one. I specifically have a suction cup on my M/3 Ika, and without it, I wouldn't be able to ride Ika at all because it would just flop over. The base on Ika is small compared to its length.

I also have 5 toys with cum tubes (Flint, Nova, Kage, Hanns, and Pretzal). I've had a tubed Fenrir and Xar in the past. I've bought all of them as flops or secondhand and absolutely would never pay $20 extra to include a tube. I don't mind the extra cleaning of them, but it did take a while to get used to & while I was adjusting I hated it. I also use tubed toys exclusively vaginally. I like the cumtube effect when done right but it can be a pain to use them. The cleanup after the creampie drips out, keeping the lube warm, the amount of lube you use... let's just say, I've only used the tubes on mine a handful of times.

Overall, I would say that if you're really turned on by creampies, or the fantasy of being bred, etc, and you really want a tube for those reasons, they're worth it. If you know you like long sessions or big toys, they're worth it just to keep you topped up on lube. Otherwise, they're a pain. If you're not sure if you'd actually like one, picking up a pretty flop with a tube is a good way to find out. Toys with extras are much easier to resell later if you decide it isn't for you or if you want to replace your flop with a custom.
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
Vampyrum

Postby Vampyrum » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:47 am

Ahhhh, sounds good! Yeah, in that case, I'll almost certainly go for the SC first, and then see about a flop with tube later on. While I agree, and when I have my boy Spritz with me, I'll tend to be on my back. But there are some good surfaces here that would be easy to use the suction on, both for sitting or standing.

Somehow the thought of a flop with tube never crossed my mind, and I feel silly for not thinking about that. lol Thanks for the long reply, and everyone else for their replies!

Return to “General Discussion”