Let's Talk Toy Texture & Lube Types

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
RainbowNanaki

Re: Let's Talk Toy Texture & Lube Types

Postby RainbowNanaki » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:34 pm

I can't really speak on lube issues but as a vagina-owner, I have to be more careful with lubes than those without. I'm personally a big fan of Sliquid (Sea or Sassy, depending) for general toying, and coconut oil for shower play. I'm also extremely sensitive to surface texture, and since the lubes I use are on the thinner side, it limits what toys I can use. For example, I can't thrust with the one TTC toy I own, bc it's just too abrasive for me. That said, I adore sculpted texture for some reason! I have a mini/8 Flint that feel incredible to me, as well as a mermaid tail toy with lots of scales cast in a silicone firmer than BD's firm :misc2: :widesmile:
gay/23/transguy/extremely single
:misc6: :eyeroll:

My Toys

► Show Spoiler
SparkyRaegun

Postby SparkyRaegun » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:41 pm

Do others have the slight burning with vaginal use? I'm curious because I always though it was just, ya know, my virgin self not being used to having anything up there so it caused a slight bit of discomfort akin to burning upon first getting used to it and aroused and all ? Or is it because of the lube that I get that sensation ? Or maybe even both ? :misc6: :unamused: :psyduck:
Feel free to PM me!
My Toys ;
► Show Spoiler
Guys good news- I didn't have to sell both kidneys for a Beta Shark! Only one! :misc7: :laugh:
toyfun

Postby toyfun » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:49 pm

SparkyRaegun wrote:Do others have the slight burning with vaginal use? I'm curious because I always though it was just, ya know, my virgin self not being used to having anything up there so it caused a slight bit of discomfort akin to burning upon first getting used to it and aroused and all ? Or is it because of the lube that I get that sensation ? Or maybe even both ? :misc6: :unamused: :psyduck:

What lube are you using? Among other ingredients I cannot use anything that has citric acid in it. I feel a burn through-out my body for up to a week. So that includes the BD lubes.

EDIT: Also toxic toy materials will cause a burn. Throw all of them out
My collection. All Bad Dragon purchases. No second hand toys. Some of the toys in Medium firmness I am looking to sell.
► Show Spoiler
SparkyRaegun

Postby SparkyRaegun » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:03 pm

toyfun wrote:What lube are you using? Among other ingredients I cannot use anything that has citric acid in it. I feel a burn through-out my body for up to a week. So that includes the BD lubes.

BD Cum lube. And only toys I've ever used are BD. I don't have a burn all throughout or anything like that, and it's very minor just when I start out..
Feel free to PM me!
My Toys ;
► Show Spoiler
Guys good news- I didn't have to sell both kidneys for a Beta Shark! Only one! :misc7: :laugh:
toyfun

Postby toyfun » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:54 am

SparkyRaegun wrote:
toyfun wrote:What lube are you using? Among other ingredients I cannot use anything that has citric acid in it. I feel a burn through-out my body for up to a week. So that includes the BD lubes.

BD Cum lube. And only toys I've ever used are BD. I don't have a burn all throughout or anything like that, and it's very minor just when I start out..

It's the Citric Acid. That's how it was for me but then for the rest of the week I noticed a burning sensation throughout my body. I am probably just a severe case but I'm 1000% certain it's the Citric Acid. I even tried Sliquid and their H20 version and that was noticeable as-well. Most lubes are garbage. If you are not sensitive to sugar then I'd suggest J-Lube. Just make sure you store it in a zip-lock bag as ants will find their way to it during spring and summer months. I was blown away they were able to find the lube with the cap securely tightened and completely closed. Grossed me out, lol
My collection. All Bad Dragon purchases. No second hand toys. Some of the toys in Medium firmness I am looking to sell.
► Show Spoiler
SparkyRaegun

Postby SparkyRaegun » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:28 pm

toyfun wrote:
SparkyRaegun wrote:

It's the Citric Acid. That's how it was for me but then for the rest of the week I noticed a burning sensation throughout my body. I am probably just a severe case but I'm 1000% certain it's the Citric Acid. I even tried Sliquid and their H20 version and that was noticeable as-well. Most lubes are garbage. If you are not sensitive to sugar then I'd suggest J-Lube. Just make sure you store it in a zip-lock bag as ants will find their way to it during spring and summer months. I was blown away they were able to find the lube with the cap securely tightened and completely closed. Grossed me out, lol

I don't know if you saw, but I toy vaginally, and using something with sugar sounds like begging for a yeast infection :unamused:
Feel free to PM me!
My Toys ;
► Show Spoiler
MachineDoll

Postby MachineDoll » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:10 pm

SparkyRaegun wrote:I don't know if you saw, but I toy vaginally, and using something with sugar sounds like begging for a yeast infection :unamused:

This is exactly the case. I made this mistake when I was much younger. Never forget! :crying:
Ovipositor and egg laying enthusiast. Princess by day, knotty at night.
My toys:
► Show Spoiler
Noll

Postby Noll » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:24 pm

SparkyRaegun wrote:
toyfun wrote:
SparkyRaegun wrote:

I don't know if you saw, but I toy vaginally, and using something with sugar sounds like begging for a yeast infection :unamused:

Extra virgin coconut oil is a great lube and not too much of a hassle to clean.

There's the butters that's available if you live in the US.
List of toys owned in profile.
Stringfellow

Postby Stringfellow » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:48 pm

Lube, like everything else in life, uses the Goldilocks Principle. Not too much, not too little; just right. Do some research on pH and osmolality of lube. You want the pH of the lube to match your orifice (vaginal is different than anal), and you want an isotonic osmolality.

https://www.womensvoices.org/osmolality ... ubricants/

http://dangerouslilly.com/lube-guide/
SparkyRaegun

Postby SparkyRaegun » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:03 pm

It might very well just be me being picky, but I really don't like the idea of using coconut oil or butter down there.. I think I would prefer water-based lubricants as they feel more akin to my own actual lubricant.

I mean I'd personally be happy to continue using BD cum lube, my only concern, if any, comes in the risk of something worse than the slight tingle-burn that the citric acid seems to give me. Like its very slight, negligible. But like.. :eyeroll: what if..

I really like dangerouslilly's guide to lube tho (that's actually where I found out about sugar being a no-no). :widesmile:
Feel free to PM me!
My Toys ;
► Show Spoiler
Noll

Postby Noll » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:00 am

SparkyRaegun wrote:It might very well just be me being picky, but I really don't like the idea of using coconut oil or butter down there.. I think I would prefer water-based lubricants as they feel more akin to my own actual lubricant.

I mean I'd personally be happy to continue using BD cum lube, my only concern, if any, comes in the risk of something worse than the slight tingle-burn that the citric acid seems to give me. Like its very slight, negligible. But like.. :eyeroll: what if..

I really like dangerouslilly's guide to lube tho (that's actually where I found out about sugar being a no-no). :widesmile:

I've been using cocunut oil for a while and there has been no issues for me on that front. When melted it looks pretty close to actual lubrication. There's the fact that coconut oil is well known lube so you can read many reviews on the subject, but, I don't know what else to recommend.

The butters is not actual butter, it's the name of a lube made with different types of oils. ^^ I haven't used it personnally (since I'm not residing in the us) but there are quite a few people on this forums that have tried it :smile:
List of toys owned in profile.
Padre

Postby Padre » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:15 am

SparkyRaegun wrote:It might very well just be me being picky, but I really don't like the idea of using coconut oil or butter down there.. I think I would prefer water-based lubricants as they feel more akin to my own actual lubricant.

In regards to coconut oil as a lube, just know that it degrades condoms! I don't know whether that's relevant to you, but better to know than not.

Also, if you're prone to yeast infections, coconut oil might not be the best idea either, since it can supposedly throw off your PH balance and promote a yeast infection. Not a sure given, opinions seem really divided on that one, but again --- good to keep in mind ;)
—German|Artist|Bisexual—
Pseudo cleric with a preference for dragon dongs.

[Owned: Flint|Pretzal|Nox|Hunter|Bruce|Zaratan|Plenty non-BD >>Listed on profile!]
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:16 am

My local friendly sex store stopped carrying Sliquid :crying:

I've been using System JO Agape original (holy crap what a price mark up, just realized that I bought my bottle for $25 +tax at the store when I could have gotten it cheaper online by about half ><), which I guess is their vaginal recommended lube? It's a little bit on the thicker side, which is normally my thing when I go for Sliquid Sassy.

It does have Citric Acid in it, but it's the very last ingredient (just like BD cumlube). Compared on the Dangerous Lily lube chart, Sassy is a 5pH while Agape is a 5.5pH, so it's slightly less acidic.

I don't know if I would recommend it (especially after how much I spent on it!), but it's what I'm currently using up and it seems to be fine? :mystery:

Also speaking of lube, I haven't been able to find *anything* that works well with non-lubricated latex condoms. We have a stash of them for if we want to toy and have sex in the same session, but I've completely written them off. Too much lube? Can't feel anything. Not enough? Chafe city. I think we've used a couple of water-based latex condoms, and they weren't any better.

I guess I'll just stick to using my toys when I masturbate :psyduck:
ImageImage
SparkyRaegun

Postby SparkyRaegun » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:35 pm

Padre wrote: :words:

Good to know! I personally probably won't be using a condom anytime soon, but still good info to have!

And I kinda felt like coconut oil would be inclined to do that.. :/

Noll wrote: :words:

Yeah, I think I would just personally prefer something water-based. I might be being unnecessarily picky.

Edit : I looked at The Butter and, if I'm looking at the right one- It has coconut oil as one of the ingredients.
Feel free to PM me!
My Toys ;
► Show Spoiler

Return to “General Discussion”