Fenrir XL proportions

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Grigori

Fenrir XL proportions

Postby Grigori » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:12 am

So, a few months ago BD updated de Fenrir line with a XL size, with the previous largest size now being under the large label.

Since Fenrir was one of my fav's, without a second thought ordered a XL in my last purchase!

Last week it arrived at home, after the usual 6 week wait, and to my surprise the proportions of the XL Fenrir are very different from the Large. That was a bit frustrating.. specially because the defining feature of the toy was it's prominent knot is very toned down.

Since I couldn't find anything about this here are some pics:

20191013_144427a.jpg

20191013_144524b.jpg

I know the color does not help much. Looking sideways the proportion holds, but on a ventral look the toy is very squished.
And when one look at the pictures at the toy page,the 3D model, or actual size tool, you can't really tell that the proportions are different.I guess, they probably changed it for safety? So a 12+ inch knot wouldn't be stuck into a inexperienced user?

I'm writing here mostly to inform other people interested in purchasing this toy in XL tho.. I would have purchased it anyways even knowing this, just wouldn't have gotten disappointed.
Harbenz

Re: Fenrir XL proportions

Postby Harbenz » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:39 pm

Some XLs are re-designed, but the reasons seems random. Glyph is different, I don't know if they said to be more comfortable, Clayton only have a smaller base, I guess to spend less silicone. In the Fenrir case, I guess it's because they think either a knot too big will make less sales or for comfort reasons. But is weird that they do it with these and not with Stan and Sleipnir for example, famous for being difficult/uncomfortable to use in their bigger versions.
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
MachineDoll

Postby MachineDoll » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:11 pm

That's disappointing for me. As an owner of a larger Fenrir, I bought it for no other reason than the knot. When it pops in, you know it, and its very satisfying.
Ovipositor and egg laying enthusiast. Princess by day, knotty at night.
My toys:
► Show Spoiler
Grigori

Postby Grigori » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:11 pm

MachineDoll wrote:That's disappointing for me. As an owner of a larger Fenrir, I bought it for no other reason than the knot. When it pops in, you know it, and its very satisfying.

EXACTLY.

no such sensation on the XL :doh:
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:11 pm

wow! they thinned the knot down a ton on the XL.

did they also five the new XL Fenrir the glossy smooth treatment?
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Grigori

Postby Grigori » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:12 am

KnotyDes wrote:wow! they thinned the knot down a ton on the XL.

No, it has a very nice texture, not just matte, it is just like XL Rex or Flint. A very mild uniform grainy texture, no printer lines visible. It holds well lube, unlike the glossy finish.
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:27 pm

Grigori wrote:
KnotyDes wrote:wow! they thinned the knot down a ton on the XL.

No, it has a very nice texture, not just matte, it is just like XL Rex or Flint. A very mild uniform grainy texture, no printer lines visible. It holds well lube, unlike the glossy finish.

thats good.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Noll

Postby Noll » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:32 am

I'd be tempted to say that it's for the demoulding process. Maybe employees tend to hurt themselves more on the bigger knots when they have to take 'em out of the mold. I assume that based on HPE's owner reasons for discountinuing their XL Changeling line. They said it was too hard on their joint to take the toys out of the mold. There was also a higher risk of tearing the toy.
BD having a perspective of mass production it kinda makes sense even though it ruins part of the fun :/
List of toys owned in profile.

Return to “General Discussion”