Black Friday Sale

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
schizoidal

Black Friday Sale

Postby schizoidal » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:47 am

Well...I think that was the first Black Friday Sale on BD that didn't turn into a total clusterfuck!

I snagged a med elliot/anthro dragon and large tyson :3 I was hoping to get a large or extra large fenrir but I didn't find any :(
Wishlist:
So many...

For sale:
viewtopic.php?f=134&t=51185
huntress

Re: Black Friday Sale

Postby huntress » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:07 am

I first purchased a BD toy a year ago on Black Friday and it was a huge mess. This year felt like a breeze in comparison. I got 3 toys in the size and firmness I planned. The colors are ok, could be better (bronze, blue and red/white marble), but I like them. Though I wanted a suction cup on two of the 3 toys and I couln'd find any on the models I wanted. It's unfortunate, but if I really can't do without one on any of these, I will replace them. I paid 60% of the actual price so I won't lose much money if I sell them in the future. A huge advantage is that they are ready made and will be here in a week :) I hate waiting!

(I ordered a small soft Sleipnir and I only got my small medium Sleipnir last month. I hope I will like the soft one better because the one in 5 is too much for me. I'm thinking about selling the one in 5 but I haven't made up my mind yet.)
► Show Spoiler
kinas

Postby kinas » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:30 am

Boring sale, just like last year. As expected few large toys and nothing with suction cups.
Quinntastrophe

Postby Quinntastrophe » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:32 pm

Went in looking for a dark colored M/M Orochi with a suction cup and I'm happy to have walked away with one in Night Sky! Anyone get a good look at the End of Days colored Orochi when it was up? I saw it for a split second but refreshed before I could pull up the full picture. It looked stunning! I just wanna see it again so I know I didn't make it up haha. Only other thing I was hoping for was a nice looking M/M Xar with a tube, no dice on that one though. u__u
Toy Hoard: 20
ImagexImage
MachineDoll

Postby MachineDoll » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:04 pm

20% off clearance just doesn't get me excited. If it was 20% off everything, I had $650 ready to spend. Ended up spending my money elsewhere. Pity.
Ovipositor and egg laying enthusiast. Princess by day, knotty at night.
My toys:
► Show Spoiler
ChaiSaberdeer

Postby ChaiSaberdeer » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:17 pm

Snagged a medium Austin right as the sale went on! It even has a suction cup!! Only spent $85 after shipping :widesmile:

Can't wait to have it!
Toys I Own:
Small (formerly Medium) Fenrir - Medium Firmness - Cumtube - Surprise Me Black/Blue Metallic Marble
Chico the Lil'Squirt - Orange
Small Flint - Medium Firmness - Cumtube - White/Purple Custom Marble
Small Cole the Dane - 5/8 Split Firmness - Suction Cup - Custom Pearlescent Blue/Purple Split Fade
Medium Winston's Tail - Firm Firmness - Strawberry Frosted Squares
Medium Austin the Fox - Soft Firmness - Suction Cup - Austin's Natural

Toys I'm Waiting On:

Wishlist:
Medium/5 Roland w/ SC
Medium/5 Kelvin in Absolute Zero
Small/5 or Medium/5 Luka in Infinity Star (w/ CT or SC)
Medium/5 Nox
Small/3 Sleipnir in Votan's Natural w/SC
Mini/8 Austin w/ SC
Small/5 Austin w/SC
Medium/5 Nocturne w/SC
Small/3 Crackers w/SC
Medium/5 Echo w/CT
Medium/5 Tyson w/CT&SC
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:58 am

I thought I wasn't going to get anything cause I found other deals but I decided to have a look when there was just 10 mins left for the 40%
Scored a Medium Chance in Cunning, I didn't see any nice Tyson's or Apollo's so I just went off with Chance, in the end only paying $92.40 (including shipping) Now let's see what the import fees have to say, will they charge by the full or discounted price...
And it's already sent out and I'm surprised.
But from glancing over, most of the drops were either a single colour or a named pour.
Raya

Postby Raya » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:11 am

I got exactly what I wanted. :misc2: Small Nox in med with a SC with split thats blue. Arctic Ice, a color Iv been wanting on a toy since it came out. :misc2:
WTB:Kona Teenie

Name Pronounced as Ray-uh
Former Username: Precious Wolf
Im A Therian Wolf
Lover of Knotts, Big Boobs, and Egg Laying/Birthing

DO NOT PM ME FOR SEXUAL FAVORS!!!!!
ImageImageImage
Hephaistos

Postby Hephaistos » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:03 am

Maybe I overdid it... but I'm so happy with what I got:

Chance Unflared
Firmness: Medium
Size: Extra Large
CumTube included

Ika
Firmness: Soft
Size: Large

Roland
CumTube included

Austin
Size: Medium

Although, I wanted the chance in soft.
Finally, I got one "small" dragon as well. Can't wait to try them out.
huntress

Postby huntress » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:43 am

Hephaistos wrote:Maybe I overdid it... but I'm so happy with what I got:

Chance Unflared
Size: Extra Large
CumTube included

Ika
Firmness: Soft

Roland
CumTube included

Austin
Size: Medium

Although, I wanted the chance in soft.
Finally, I got one "small" dragon as well. Can't wait to try them out.

And I was wondering where all the large toys were XD
But I shouldn't complain. I got a large Elden in medium firmness (flop) for $65. I also bought a small Sleipnir in 3 and a medium Orochi in 3.
► Show Spoiler
reine

Postby reine » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:00 pm

The site ran so much smoother than last year! It didn’t even crash once for me this time. :’D

I haven’t bought anything yet, though. I was hoping for some nice splits or other neat pours, but almost everything so far is just solid colours or bland promo marbles... Oh well. Also have an eye out for a Nix, Perry, or Lily in Onyx, but haven’t seen any.
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
ohw

Postby ohw » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:08 pm

Waited for Black Friday patiently to get a small Rex @[email protected] off. Been eyeing it for 6 months. Logged on at exact time. Quite a few displayed. However when tried to add one with suction cup, note appeared saying what you selected is already in someone else's cart. Same happened with next few selections. So I quickly carted whatever I could get. After I was done I went bk to small Rex page and sure enough 1/3 of original page was gone.

Anyway, now the wait begins ! Like everyone else I'm checking on status daily and it says "In Progress"
:cool:
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:11 am

I think FedEx raised the import fees or something
Should be getting my Chance tomorrow and got a message through saying I've got to pay £50 for the import... I can't work out how they got that number, I will have to wait till I get the paper invoice in being that I can't pay that amount now.
I just want to enjoy those 40% savings. Maybe it's a holiday thing and they increased the fee, hopefully my Primalhardwere will take it's sweet time.
Enjoyed the smoothness of this BD Black Friday, not the import fee sadly. I thought it would be about £30
Padre

Postby Padre » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:43 am

little-mythgital wrote:I think FedEx raised the import fees or something
Should be getting my Chance tomorrow and got a message through saying I've got to pay £50 for the import... I can't work out how they got that number, I will have to wait till I get the paper invoice in being that I can't pay that amount now.
I just want to enjoy those 40% savings. Maybe it's a holiday thing and they increased the fee, hopefully my Primalhardwere will take it's sweet time.
Enjoyed the smoothness of this BD Black Friday, not the import fee sadly. I thought it would be about £30

I've personally never tried it, but there's people online who swear that they successfully refused FedEx' "handling fee", claiming that it's unlawful on the grounds that it was never previously established and you're only made aware of it -after- you're billed.
They say they just transfer the fee minus the extra FedEx handling fee (usually around 10€ in my cases), and write an email explaining that they refuse to pay handling since they never agreed to it and it was not made obvious anywhere. Supposedly FedEx then let's it go without issue.

Again, I have never tried it myself, but a quick google might be worth it?
Pseudo cleric with a preference for dragon dongs.[/align]
huntress

Postby huntress » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:18 pm

Meanwhile other people's stuff hasn't been shipped yet.

I must confess that I regret having chosen FedEx because UPS was much better last time. Fedex is ok, but they are slow, their tracking is lagging and you get an invoice a month later after you received the package.
UPS is faster, lets you pay tariff etc via Paypal and their tracking is awesome. But I was so afraid that I would lose something because I was slow during check-out that I just took the first delivery option. It's official that I'm dumb.
► Show Spoiler
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:56 pm

Padre wrote:
little-mythgital wrote: :words:

I've personally never tried it, but there's people online who swear that they successfully refused FedEx' "handling fee", claiming that it's unlawful on the grounds that it was never previously established and you're only made aware of it -after- you're billed.
They say they just transfer the fee minus the extra FedEx handling fee (usually around 10€ in my cases), and write an email explaining that they refuse to pay handling since they never agreed to it and it was not made obvious anywhere. Supposedly FedEx then let's it go without issue.

Again, I have never tried it myself, but a quick google might be worth it?

I could try, maybe just question why does it costs so much when I get the invoice through. After some research apparently they also add on extra depending on the size of the box, not sure how a Medium Chance can make the price go up. Then they like to add on a random £9 sometimes, I have not worked out what the random number is supposed to be.

I prefer using FedEx cause they are more reliable than UPS where I live, plus I think they still require payment on the day sort of thing, haven't used them for ages.
I wasn't expecting Chance to be sent out so quickly, still sorting out the box space. Having to try and hide them in draws now.
FoxyCatZaam

Postby FoxyCatZaam » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:56 pm

little-mythgital wrote:I think FedEx raised the import fees or something

That sucks, sorry to hear it was more than you were expecting. Last year at BD's 40% off sale I ordered 5 toys, mediums and smalls. I was so bummed that the value on the customs form was put as the full, undiscounted price of those 5 toys, which was a lot! I'm in canada so fedex charges 10$ handling and then just the canadian sales tax on the amount you paid. I paid 40% less than what that package said I did tho, I was pretty bummed.
huntress

Postby huntress » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:52 pm

FoxyCatZaam wrote:
little-mythgital wrote: :words:

That sucks, sorry to hear it was more than you were expecting. Last year at BD's 40% off sale I ordered 5 toys, mediums and smalls. I was so bummed that the value on the customs form was put as the full, undiscounted price of those 5 toys, which was a lot! I'm in canada so fedex charges 10$ handling and then just the canadian sales tax on the amount you paid. I paid 40% less than what that package said I did tho, I was pretty bummed.

This sound strange to me. My country uses the actually paid price to calculate taxes and that is the price minus the discount.

FedEx charces you like 12,50€ + more demending on the price you paid for their service on top of the usual taxes.
► Show Spoiler
Hephaistos

Postby Hephaistos » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:08 am

Anyone knows how long it takes until they start shipping your order? I know they are working on orders as fasts as they can but what's about the waiting time you'd expect after the Black Firday Sale?
I'm so excited for my order! :excited:
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:30 am

I think I worked it out, they used the normal price of the medium Chance, similar to FoxyCatZaam's scenario. If I remember from last time when I got Medium Moko and Luka I got charged over £100 in import fees. Somehow if the toy costs about $100 I end up paying about £50 in import fees. I should of remembered that from last time. This is why I have to buy individually now cause they price the toys individually.
Oh boy and PrimalHardwere sent out my toy and that's with FedEx, even though I went with the cheapest option of $22 shipping. Now I wonder if they put the discounted price or the full, cause FedEx will make a beeline to that full price. Probably another £60 there.
In a way it was a big saving but the import bumped it back up to make it look like I payed full in the end.
It's just a thing that can't be avoided here in the UK, I think if I tried to fight them they will just tell me to send the product back.
Will be taking notes for next time, my luck hasn't been great lately.

Return to “General Discussion”