PVC smell on toys from storage

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
spiffyschmoo

PVC smell on toys from storage

Postby spiffyschmoo » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:07 pm

Hey all, I’m not super active on the forums , but I am trying to figure out how I can get rid of this pvc smell.

I stored a xxl pvc double dong from extreme restraints with my bad dragon stuff for over a year or longer and now they all smell badly.

I ended up deciding to throw away that double dong because of some existing damage as well as it being pvc which I’m not ok with after all.

I was reading vinegar and water 50/50 will get rid of this smell but will that be safe on my toys?

Appreciate your time, thank you .
Grigori

Re: PVC smell on toys from storage

Postby Grigori » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:39 pm

Hey.. It is likely that your BD toys might have absorbed a few chemicals that go into softening PVC, not only the smell.

Vinegar should be completely safe to platinum silicone, it is just a very mild acid. You might be able mask the smell or wash a superficial layer of the chemicals that came from PVC degradation. But if anything got deeply absorbed it will remain in the toy.

Even if the smell go away I wouldn't consider the toys to be body-safe anymore. As they might be slowly releasing back those absorbed nasty chemicals.

I suggest you to research about sex toy degradation and what goes mixed into PVC.

Return to “General Discussion”