Bad pour [Resolved]

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
User avatar
Padre
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:47 am
Gender: male
Location: Germany

Bad pour [Resolved]

Postby Padre » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:31 am

[Please view the bottom of this post for updates and the final outcome!]

Hello!

I have ordered a Hunter (one-size, medium firmness, suction cup) in Hunter's natural, which is supposed to look like this, with a nice brown-red-gold fade:
Image
What I received today is this (wet 'cause cat hairs.):
Image
Image
Image

As you can see that's a rather poor and blocky fade, considering it's a 115$ toy....

I do not wish to send it back (which is why I opened the bag), as I live all the way in Germany and have been waiting for 6+ weeks on this order (there were two more, one a special custom), but .... have there ever been monetary compensations for bad pours on non-custom colours (as Hunter's natural is, well, the default colour for that toy)?

Thank you!

UPDATE: The GITD issue [has been solved]! That one is my bad and I feel terrible about it :doh:
However, I am still trying to find proof of the Hunter being a flop fade! If you have screenshots of a natural mountain drake with choppy fades sold as rogues (in the adoptions), please please show me! Thank you!

FINAL UPDATE: The issue [has been resolved]! CS is insistent that mine is an acceptable fade and meets their standards, but have (upon request) issued a full store-credit refund. The post, with clickable links, can be found at the bottom of page 3.
Last edited by Padre on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:03 am, edited 12 times in total.
—Matt|Bisexual|German|Artist—
Pseudo cleric with a preference for dragon dongs.

[Owned: Flint|Pretzal|Nox|Hunter|Plenty non-BD >>Listed on profile!]
User avatar
Harbenz
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:02 am
Gender: Male

Re: Bad pour -- compensation?

Postby Harbenz » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:06 am

Lately I have seen many fades that don't seem gradients, I don't know if there are new employees who still don't know how to do them correctly or if they no longer take the same care as before or have lost practice (fade options are disappearing, almost all new colors are marbles).
Since the color is "free" I don't think they give you a compensation, and usually they don't ask for be returned, (definitely not if you have opened the bag), but I suppose you can put a ticket expressing your disagreement because it's not what they're supposed to be selling.
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
Slaanesh
Posts: 941
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:01 am
Gender: Female

Re: Bad pour -- compensation?

Postby Slaanesh » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:53 am

Bloody hell, I'd definitely send in a ticket and complain! :doh:
User avatar
DaedraQueen
Posts: 849
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:59 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Re: Bad pour -- compensation?

Postby DaedraQueen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:32 am

Can you take a photo of it on its side like it is on the promo photo!
❤ Female ❤ Pan ❤ 24 ❤ Married ❤ 6 BD Toys

❤ Currently Owned ❤

Small/Med Nova in Pearce’s signature and maroon base.
Small/Med Winston in a fire morph pattern.
Small/Med Flint in a custom tri-marble.
Small/Med Nox in Jupiter.
Small/Med Meng in Cosmic Nebula.
Small/Med Trent in Peridot
Medium Rauchana in artistic liberty
Akhelios the Sea Beast in a teal to blue fade


❤ Bought but not arrived ❤
Med Pretzal in Feathered Serpent
Small Echo In full spectrum (Rainbow)

"Is that your new dream in life to own a cornucopia of dicks?" Quoted from my darling husband
User avatar
Padre
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:47 am
Gender: male
Location: Germany

Re: Bad pour -- compensation?

Postby Padre » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:38 am

DaedraQueen wrote:Can you take a photo of it on its side like it is on the promo photo!


Position sadly doesn't change the quality of the fade :'D I had a good look at it from all angles, it looks equally blocky everywhere except for one side (the one with the bumps, the bumps obscure the line)

My issue with it isn't the colour, I honestly like the red in mine better than the promo one, but the lack of a fade makes me sad

Harbenz wrote:Lately I have seen many fades that don't seem gradients, I don't know if there are new employees who still don't know how to do them correctly or if they no longer take the same care as before or have lost practice (fade options are disappearing, almost all new colors are marbles).
Since the color is "free" I don't think they give you a compensation, and usually they don't ask for be returned, (definitely not if you have opened the bag), but I suppose you can put a ticket expressing your disagreement because it's not what they're supposed to be selling.


Thank you for the input! Sad to hear that mine isn't an isolated incident.... I will likely send in a complaint soon
—Matt|Bisexual|German|Artist—
Pseudo cleric with a preference for dragon dongs.

[Owned: Flint|Pretzal|Nox|Hunter|Plenty non-BD >>Listed on profile!]
User avatar
DaedraQueen
Posts: 849
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:59 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Re: Bad pour -- compensation?

Postby DaedraQueen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:40 am

Padre wrote:
DaedraQueen wrote:Can you take a photo of it on its side like it is on the promo photo!


Position sadly doesn't change the quality of the fade :'D I had a good look at it from all angles, it looks equally blocky everywhere except for one side (the one with the bumps, the bumps obscure the line)

My issue with it isn't the colour, I honestly like the red in mine better than the promo one, but the lack of a fade makes me sad


No im aware, but if you put it in the same position theres no way they can go the pour is fine (there have been horror stories) plus i would love to see how badly they did it ♡
❤ Female ❤ Pan ❤ 24 ❤ Married ❤ 6 BD Toys

❤ Currently Owned ❤

Small/Med Nova in Pearce’s signature and maroon base.
Small/Med Winston in a fire morph pattern.
Small/Med Flint in a custom tri-marble.
Small/Med Nox in Jupiter.
Small/Med Meng in Cosmic Nebula.
Small/Med Trent in Peridot
Medium Rauchana in artistic liberty
Akhelios the Sea Beast in a teal to blue fade


❤ Bought but not arrived ❤
Med Pretzal in Feathered Serpent
Small Echo In full spectrum (Rainbow)

"Is that your new dream in life to own a cornucopia of dicks?" Quoted from my darling husband
User avatar
CakeLurker
Posts: 539
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:35 am

Re: Bad pour -- compensation?

Postby CakeLurker » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:41 am

A lot of blocky fades like this tend to end up in Clearance page listed as "Rogue" colors, implying that they're failed pours or at least not intentional. And it is possible that during the chaos of Valentine's Day shipping that your toy got switched with one of these flops by accident.

Definitely send a ticket. Good luck!
ImageI made some emojis! Image Feel free to use them for your forum needs! :D Instructions in spoiler!Image

► Show Spoiler

If the dick is not an eldritch abomination, it's not a monster dong.
User avatar
Padre
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:47 am
Gender: male
Location: Germany

Re: Bad pour -- compensation?

Postby Padre » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:48 am

DaedraQueen wrote:
Padre wrote:
DaedraQueen wrote:Can you take a photo of it on its side like it is on the promo photo!


Position sadly doesn't change the quality of the fade :'D I had a good look at it from all angles, it looks equally blocky everywhere except for one side (the one with the bumps, the bumps obscure the line)

My issue with it isn't the colour, I honestly like the red in mine better than the promo one, but the lack of a fade makes me sad


No im aware, but if you put it in the same position theres no way they can go the pour is fine (there have been horror stories) plus i would love to see how badly they did it ♡


Oh, now that makes sense! :'D Wasn't quite sure what you meant to achieve to be honest... :)
And it's pretty bad tbh, especially the flat scaled side... I had trouble getting the same 3/4 angle they have, 'cause it kept rolling back
Image
Image
—Matt|Bisexual|German|Artist—
Pseudo cleric with a preference for dragon dongs.

[Owned: Flint|Pretzal|Nox|Hunter|Plenty non-BD >>Listed on profile!]
User avatar
Padre
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:47 am
Gender: male
Location: Germany

Re: Bad pour -- compensation?

Postby Padre » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:49 am

CakeLurker wrote:A lot of blocky fades like this tend to end up in Clearance page listed as "Rogue" colors, implying that they're failed pours or at least not intentional. And it is possible that during the chaos of Valentine's Day shipping that your toy got switched with one of these flops by accident.

Definitely send a ticket. Good luck!


Oh! Valuable information, thank you! I placed this order at the end of December, past the holidays, definitely did not expect to end up having to deal with the Valentines rush haha

EDIT: sorry for the double post, I didn't pay attention for a moment
—Matt|Bisexual|German|Artist—
Pseudo cleric with a preference for dragon dongs.

[Owned: Flint|Pretzal|Nox|Hunter|Plenty non-BD >>Listed on profile!]
User avatar
DaedraQueen
Posts: 849
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:59 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Re: Bad pour -- compensation?

Postby DaedraQueen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:51 am

Padre wrote:
DaedraQueen wrote:
Padre wrote:


Oh, now that makes sense! :'D Wasn't quite sure what you meant to achieve to be honest... :)
And it's pretty bad tbh, especially the flat scaled side... I had trouble getting the same 3/4 angle they have, 'cause it kept rolling back
Image
Image



Oh im sorry for the confusion! Yeah i mean you can tell with the first but it really hits home for this one
❤ Female ❤ Pan ❤ 24 ❤ Married ❤ 6 BD Toys

❤ Currently Owned ❤

Small/Med Nova in Pearce’s signature and maroon base.
Small/Med Winston in a fire morph pattern.
Small/Med Flint in a custom tri-marble.
Small/Med Nox in Jupiter.
Small/Med Meng in Cosmic Nebula.
Small/Med Trent in Peridot
Medium Rauchana in artistic liberty
Akhelios the Sea Beast in a teal to blue fade


❤ Bought but not arrived ❤
Med Pretzal in Feathered Serpent
Small Echo In full spectrum (Rainbow)

"Is that your new dream in life to own a cornucopia of dicks?" Quoted from my darling husband
User avatar
Villie
Posts: 1087
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:09 pm
Gender: Bisexual Pusséy

Re: Bad pour -- compensation?

Postby Villie » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:52 am

Padre wrote:
DaedraQueen wrote:
Padre wrote:
Position sadly doesn't change the quality of the fade :'D I had a good look at it from all angles, it looks equally blocky everywhere except for one side (the one with the bumps, the bumps obscure the line)

My issue with it isn't the colour, I honestly like the red in mine better than the promo one, but the lack of a fade makes me sad


No im aware, but if you put it in the same position theres no way they can go the pour is fine (there have been horror stories) plus i would love to see how badly they did it ♡


Oh, now that makes sense! :'D Wasn't quite sure what you meant to achieve to be honest... :)
And it's pretty bad tbh, especially the flat scaled side... I had trouble getting the same 3/4 angle they have, 'cause it kept rolling back
Image
Image

Oof, the fade looks even worse in these pictures haha.

Yeah I agree that you should send out a ticket for this! I've seen smoother fades than this on their firm toys. (The firmer is is, the tougher it is to make a clean fade)
seeking: small: elden, crash, terra
selling: a bunch on DH
PM me! Image
User avatar
Padre
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:47 am
Gender: male
Location: Germany

Re: Bad pour -- compensation?

Postby Padre » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:09 am

Guys. It gets worse.

I have also ordered a Turquoise Pretzal with a custom aqua spooky seconds highlight (GITD).
I paid 15$ for the GITD highlight and .... they forgot to add it.

I'm gonna cry, I paid over 135$ in customs and over 50$ in shipping for an order where two thirds of the toys are defective.
I had it out in daylight all day, i then put it under a normal white light lamp for a bunch of min for good measure, and then in pitch black darkness to check. Not a hint of glow.

EDIT: sent in a ticket for both
Last edited by Padre on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
—Matt|Bisexual|German|Artist—
Pseudo cleric with a preference for dragon dongs.

[Owned: Flint|Pretzal|Nox|Hunter|Plenty non-BD >>Listed on profile!]
User avatar
DaedraQueen
Posts: 849
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:59 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Re: Bad pour -- compensation?

Postby DaedraQueen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:11 am

Padre wrote:Guys. It gets worse.

I have also ordered a Turquoise Pretzal with a custom aqua spooky seconds highlight (GITD).
I paid 15$ for the GITD highlight and .... they forgot to add it.

I'm gonna cry, I paid over 135$ in customs and over 50$ in shipping for an order where two thirds of the toys are defective.
I had it out in daylight all day, i then put it under a normal white light lamp for a bunch of min for good measure, and then in pitch black darkness to check. Not a hint of glow.


Oh no! Dude im so sorry! And your so far away too :(
❤ Female ❤ Pan ❤ 24 ❤ Married ❤ 6 BD Toys

❤ Currently Owned ❤

Small/Med Nova in Pearce’s signature and maroon base.
Small/Med Winston in a fire morph pattern.
Small/Med Flint in a custom tri-marble.
Small/Med Nox in Jupiter.
Small/Med Meng in Cosmic Nebula.
Small/Med Trent in Peridot
Medium Rauchana in artistic liberty
Akhelios the Sea Beast in a teal to blue fade


❤ Bought but not arrived ❤
Med Pretzal in Feathered Serpent
Small Echo In full spectrum (Rainbow)

"Is that your new dream in life to own a cornucopia of dicks?" Quoted from my darling husband
User avatar
Padre
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:47 am
Gender: male
Location: Germany

Re: Bad pour -- compensation?

Postby Padre » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:13 am

DaedraQueen wrote:
Padre wrote:Guys. It gets worse.

I have also ordered a Turquoise Pretzal with a custom aqua spooky seconds highlight (GITD).
I paid 15$ for the GITD highlight and .... they forgot to add it.

I'm gonna cry, I paid over 135$ in customs and over 50$ in shipping for an order where two thirds of the toys are defective.
I had it out in daylight all day, i then put it under a normal white light lamp for a bunch of min for good measure, and then in pitch black darkness to check. Not a hint of glow.


Oh no! Dude im so sorry! And your so far away too :(


Up until today I was a big fan of this company, but I think that was my last order. Six weeks wait time, ~600$, and 2/3rds of the order defective...
—Matt|Bisexual|German|Artist—
Pseudo cleric with a preference for dragon dongs.

[Owned: Flint|Pretzal|Nox|Hunter|Plenty non-BD >>Listed on profile!]
User avatar
DaedraQueen
Posts: 849
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:59 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Re: Bad pour -- compensation?

Postby DaedraQueen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:20 am

Padre wrote:
DaedraQueen wrote:
Padre wrote:Guys. It gets worse.

I have also ordered a Turquoise Pretzal with a custom aqua spooky seconds highlight (GITD).
I paid 15$ for the GITD highlight and .... they forgot to add it.

I'm gonna cry, I paid over 135$ in customs and over 50$ in shipping for an order where two thirds of the toys are defective.
I had it out in daylight all day, i then put it under a normal white light lamp for a bunch of min for good measure, and then in pitch black darkness to check. Not a hint of glow.


Oh no! Dude im so sorry! And your so far away too :(


Up until today I was a big fan of this company, but I think that was my last order. Six weeks wait time, ~600$, and 2/3rds of the order defective...


I can understand your upset, but i will handle it to the bd team they do normally get it right, theyve been swept off their feet (of their own doing) orders have been ready for weeks and not shipped off, colour options being extinguished, i do hope they eventually come to their senses and go well hey their fanbase is saying stuff maybe we should listen i hope your stuff gets sorted but still have a little hope!
❤ Female ❤ Pan ❤ 24 ❤ Married ❤ 6 BD Toys

❤ Currently Owned ❤

Small/Med Nova in Pearce’s signature and maroon base.
Small/Med Winston in a fire morph pattern.
Small/Med Flint in a custom tri-marble.
Small/Med Nox in Jupiter.
Small/Med Meng in Cosmic Nebula.
Small/Med Trent in Peridot
Medium Rauchana in artistic liberty
Akhelios the Sea Beast in a teal to blue fade


❤ Bought but not arrived ❤
Med Pretzal in Feathered Serpent
Small Echo In full spectrum (Rainbow)

"Is that your new dream in life to own a cornucopia of dicks?" Quoted from my darling husband
User avatar
Padre
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:47 am
Gender: male
Location: Germany

Re: Bad pour -- compensation?

Postby Padre » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:22 am

DaedraQueen wrote:
Padre wrote:
DaedraQueen wrote:
Oh no! Dude im so sorry! And your so far away too :(


Up until today I was a big fan of this company, but I think that was my last order. Six weeks wait time, ~600$, and 2/3rds of the order defective...


I can understand your upset, but i will handle it to the bd team they do normally get it right, theyve been swept off their feet (of their own doing) orders have been ready for weeks and not shipped off, colour options being extinguished, i do hope they eventually come to their senses and go well hey their fanbase is saying stuff maybe we should listen i hope your stuff gets sorted but still have a little hope!


The issue is, even if they were so courteous as to send me replacements, which I highly doubt, I would end up having to pay another 100 bucks in custom fees, which .... Ouch, considering it isn't my mistake. I wouldn't be half as upset would I live in the US :'D

EDIT: This is the one that's supposed to have an aqua spooky seconds I was incredibly excited about. That missing spooky seconds is what caused the long wait time, 'cause it was a custom ticket.
It's been on the windowsill all day.
Image
—Matt|Bisexual|German|Artist—
Pseudo cleric with a preference for dragon dongs.

[Owned: Flint|Pretzal|Nox|Hunter|Plenty non-BD >>Listed on profile!]
User avatar
Harbenz
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:02 am
Gender: Male

Re: Bad pour -- compensation?

Postby Harbenz » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:41 am

Padre wrote:The issue is, even if they were so courteous as to send me replacements, which I highly doubt, I would end up having to pay another 100 bucks in custom fees, which .... Ouch, considering it isn't my mistake. I wouldn't be half as upset would I live in the US :'D

I understand you, I got a defective toy (form other company overseas) and they offered to resend it or get a discount for other purchase, and I choosed the discount because shipping and taxes are the half of the total I usually pay at the end :eyeroll:
If BD offers to replace it you could consider if you sell what you have and recover part of the money.
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
DaedraQueen
Posts: 849
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:59 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Re: Bad pour and missing GITD

Postby DaedraQueen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:42 am

Wait i though customs paid the shipping and custom fees if they fucked up ive seen that happen for several people!
❤ Female ❤ Pan ❤ 24 ❤ Married ❤ 6 BD Toys

❤ Currently Owned ❤

Small/Med Nova in Pearce’s signature and maroon base.
Small/Med Winston in a fire morph pattern.
Small/Med Flint in a custom tri-marble.
Small/Med Nox in Jupiter.
Small/Med Meng in Cosmic Nebula.
Small/Med Trent in Peridot
Medium Rauchana in artistic liberty
Akhelios the Sea Beast in a teal to blue fade


❤ Bought but not arrived ❤
Med Pretzal in Feathered Serpent
Small Echo In full spectrum (Rainbow)

"Is that your new dream in life to own a cornucopia of dicks?" Quoted from my darling husband
User avatar
Padre
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:47 am
Gender: male
Location: Germany

Re: Bad pour and missing GITD

Postby Padre » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:45 am

DaedraQueen wrote:Wait i though customs paid the shipping and custom fees if they fucked up ive seen that happen for several people!


Most companies wash their hands clean of having to pay customs/shipping with replacements, as it's "out of their jurisdiction" -- But if you say BD covers that, then I hope you're right! :bugeyed:
—Matt|Bisexual|German|Artist—
Pseudo cleric with a preference for dragon dongs.

[Owned: Flint|Pretzal|Nox|Hunter|Plenty non-BD >>Listed on profile!]
User avatar
DaedraQueen
Posts: 849
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:59 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Re: Bad pour and missing GITD

Postby DaedraQueen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:47 am

Padre wrote:
DaedraQueen wrote:Wait i though customs paid the shipping and custom fees if they fucked up ive seen that happen for several people!


Most companies wash their hands clean of having to pay customs/shipping with replacements, as it's "out of their jurisdiction" -- But if you say BD covers that, then I hope you're right! :bugeyed:


I mean when they've fucked up this baddly they should do have you sent an email yet?
❤ Female ❤ Pan ❤ 24 ❤ Married ❤ 6 BD Toys

❤ Currently Owned ❤

Small/Med Nova in Pearce’s signature and maroon base.
Small/Med Winston in a fire morph pattern.
Small/Med Flint in a custom tri-marble.
Small/Med Nox in Jupiter.
Small/Med Meng in Cosmic Nebula.
Small/Med Trent in Peridot
Medium Rauchana in artistic liberty
Akhelios the Sea Beast in a teal to blue fade


❤ Bought but not arrived ❤
Med Pretzal in Feathered Serpent
Small Echo In full spectrum (Rainbow)

"Is that your new dream in life to own a cornucopia of dicks?" Quoted from my darling husband

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests