Custom Color Discussion

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
DaedraQueen

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby DaedraQueen » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:02 pm

reine wrote:I'm considering buying a small/3 Sleipnir based off of the Shagaru Magala from Monster Hunter, but I don't know what colours to use! I'm thinking diamond or some pearly pale blue (Sky with pearl and gold dazzle?) for the base, but I don't know what to do for the shaft.

Something that matches the purple/pink of the inside of its mouth would be ideal, but I don't know if Sleipnir can support fades, and I'm bad at thinking of pretty solid and marble ideas. :'V

Any ideas?

The attachment IMG_8922.JPG is no longer available
monster hunter.jpg
monster hunter.jpg (70.09 KiB) Viewed 430 times

Did you miss the monster hunter promo??
monster hunter.jpg
monster hunter.jpg (70.09 KiB) Viewed 430 times
❤ Female ❤ Pan ❤ 24 ❤ Married ❤ 6 BD Toys

❤ Currently Owned ❤

Small/Med Nova in Pearce’s signature and maroon base.
Small/Med Winston in a fire morph pattern.
Small/Med Flint in a custom tri-marble.
Small/Med Nox in Jupiter.
Small/Med Meng in Cosmic Nebula.
Small/Med Trent in Peridot
Medium Rauchana in artistic liberty
Akhelios the Sea Beast in a teal to blue fade

❤ Bought but not arrived ❤
Med Pretzal in Feathered Serpent
Small Echo In full spectrum (Rainbow)

"Is that your new dream in life to own a cornucopia of dicks?" Quoted from my darling husband
reine

Postby reine » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:06 pm

DaedraQueen wrote:Did you miss the monster hunter promo??
monster hunter.jpg

No, I saw it! I just want something more "realistic" for my Shagaru toy. :misc2: :stick:
:misc11: :misc8: 35 toys | My collection:
► Show Spoiler
katze

Postby katze » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:33 pm

reine wrote:I'm considering buying a small/3 Sleipnir based off of the Shagaru Magala from Monster Hunter, but I don't know what colours to use! I'm thinking diamond or some pearly pale blue (Sky with pearl and gold dazzle?) for the base, but I don't know what to do for the shaft.

Something that matches the purple/pink of the inside of its mouth would be ideal, but I don't know if Sleipnir can support fades, and I'm bad at thinking of pretty solid and marble ideas. :'V

Any ideas?

IMG_8922.JPG
IMG_8923.PNG

Sleip can def support fades!

Edit: Oop, maybe not custom fades. I'd send a ticket and ask!

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 34 dildos | 14 eggs | 1 plug | 2 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!

Waiting on:
Medium 5 Bruiser w/ SC (custom, Chance's Natural)
Medium 5 Flared Chance (custom, 3 color split marble)
Medium 5 Terra w/ SC (custom, split fade)
Medium 5 Luka (rogue)
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:51 pm

Any ideas?

The first thing that came to mind was Peridot, but that would be going with the wings and not the belly scales.

Maybe the blue/white from Permafrost/'Echo's Signature' for the base? But swap out the white for Diamond and get some dazzle in there lol. I think Sangria is a good match for the pink/purple mouth color :) Do that as a reverse split marble and I think that would be pretty! Blue/white base with gold dazzle, pink shaft.
Female | 27 | Married
ImageImage Admirer of shiny dongs
stuck-on-the-knot1

Postby stuck-on-the-knot1 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:31 am

Does anyone have pictures of a toy in Bd's Garnet or Gunmetal in natural light? I would really love to see please and thank you! :dukeretro:
Female 22 Pansexual Taken Polyamorous Furry Pokemaniac Whovian Rock Music Lover Food Lover

Currently own : 26 toys (Toy list on Profile)

Don't be afraid to send a PM!~ I love talking with people and making friends

LOOKING TO BUYBLUE RITUAL FORNAX!PLEASE PM ME IF YOU ARE SELLING ONE!
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:07 am

Anyone know if BD still does guided surprise me's?

Like...you give them a prompt and they run with it (possibly), like "bright colors"/sunset/etc?
Padre

Postby Padre » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:15 am

Out of curiosity: CS told me that they "cannot control the amount of either colour in a marble" (when I asked about a turquoise with more gold than blue, as I've seen some that only had very very little gold), but they didn't explain why --- Does anyone have any idea why that would be? I can't possibly imagine a technical reason behind that, but then again, hell do I know about pouring!

@Pheliva I'd love to know that too! I hadn't heard about guided surprises, but I've always wondered whether they honour wishes in a surprise me... Like if I were to order a little vibe, which only exists in surprise me, whether I could send 'em a ticket "Anything but pink pls" or smthn like that... Also, a sunset themed toy sounds really pretty!
—Matt|Bisexual|German|Artist—
Pseudo cleric with a preference for dragon dongs.

[Owned: Flint|Pretzal|Nox|Hunter|Plenty non-BD >>Listed on profile!]
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:01 am

Padre wrote:Out of curiosity: CS told me that they "cannot control the amount of either colour in a marble" (when I asked about a turquoise with more gold than blue, as I've seen some that only had very very little gold), but they didn't explain why --- Does anyone have any idea why that would be? I can't possibly imagine a technical reason behind that, but then again, hell do I know about pouring!

@Pheliva I'd love to know that too! I hadn't heard about guided surprises, but I've always wondered whether they honour wishes in a surprise me... Like if I were to order a little vibe, which only exists in surprise me, whether I could send 'em a ticket "Anything but pink pls" or smthn like that... Also, a sunset themed toy sounds really pretty!

For the pour questions...I think its just a BD thing. It seems like their marbles all have to have even amounts in them.

I asked for a Stan in "bright and obnoxious" colors and got it in a split actually (when they got discontinued) in UV blue for the base and UV orange (and green GITD). But this was early last year. Hopefully someone can confirm as yes or no, I might get something in a surprise if they still take prompts
Villie

Postby Villie » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:09 am

Phelvia wrote:Anyone know if BD still does guided surprise me's?

Like...you give them a prompt and they run with it (possibly), like "bright colors"/sunset/etc?

When I asked them last year, I was told they don't :crying:
seeking: transthetics joystick, cockbender scorpion
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:37 am

Villie wrote:

*sigh*

I like the idea of having some prompt because, someone might pull an idea or combination of colors you might not think of. :sniffing:
(That and sometimes you know a general idea of what you like but not...for a custom)
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:07 am

Phelvia wrote:
Villie wrote:

*sigh*

I like the idea of having some prompt because, someone might pull an idea or combination of colors you might not think of. :sniffing:
(That and sometimes you know a general idea of what you like but not...for a custom)

When I was ordering my XL Vasu based on a screenshot of a character, CS was very helpful in offering suggestions for what colors 'on the menu' would go with the theme. I know it's not the same, but if you really liked a picture of a sunset and asked, I'm sure they could offer some suggestions for how they could match that one picture in particular.
Female | 27 | Married
ImageImage Admirer of shiny dongs
Featherystorm

Postby Featherystorm » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:59 pm

Good news everyone! :laugh:

Pretzal can be casted in Janine's natural. They gave the stock answer 'But the pink maybe thicker than the blue'. But good to know pretzal could potentially support drips or at least Janine's natural.
Female/22/Lesbian/Taken
"If I can't kill a man with it with a single swing then I'm not sticking it in my body." Me @ My girlfriend on sex toys.
Sabbath

Postby Sabbath » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:41 pm

I'm thinking about changing the Bd Gold in my ordered Blaze to the 'pearlescent orange in Citrine'. It just looks stunning.
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:10 pm

Jasmine wrote:
Phelvia wrote:
Villie wrote:When I asked them last year, I was told they don't :crying:

*sigh*

When I was ordering my XL Vasu based on a screenshot of a character, CS was very helpful in offering suggestions for what colors 'on the menu' would go with the theme. I know it's not the same, but if you really liked a picture of a sunset and asked, I'm sure they could offer some suggestions for how they could match that one picture in particular.

I've consulted with Customer Service and we've traded sample pics back & forth, trying to decide on a color. (I said "I hope I'm not driving you crazy!" and they told me "Not at all, this is important"). Maybe better than a guided surprise would be to get someone like Elise to help you pick something specific, with your starting guidelines? IMO, the more info you can provide, and the less of a surprise it is, the better the odds are that you'll be happy with the results. (I don't believe in the Surprise Me concept, for my own choices). I was able to float my ideas past Elise and ask "what do you think?" and get guidance that way. Lets face it. there's already a little bit of a surprise involved, even when you pick out an exact color scheme, because it's a liquid medium and there are so many variables. Fades and marbles being prime examples. You're not certain about exactly how it will look, even when making an ordinary custom order.

Sorry if I don't understand the fun of "surprise me's" but I've seen too many solid color toys in the surprise me thread. In my ideal scenario, Surprise Me would mean "go wild" but I don't know if they consistently get that adventurous.
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:14 pm

Jasmine wrote:

Any ideas?

The first thing that came to mind was Peridot, but that would be going with the wings and not the belly scales.

I just received a toy with the green/gold from Peridot and it's a gorgeous color, and looks like a good match for the wings, shoulders and arms in your first pic.
reine

Postby reine » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:07 pm

Grimly Fiendish wrote:
Jasmine wrote:

Any ideas?

I just received a toy with the green/gold from Peridot and it's a gorgeous color, and looks like a good match for the wings, shoulders and arms in your first pic.

Thanks for the suggestion! I actually think I might go with Peridot (or the bluish-green from Peridot) for the base now. I completely forgot about that colour, but it is gorgeous and seems like it could work well!
:misc11: :misc8: 35 toys | My collection:
► Show Spoiler
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:47 am

reine wrote:Thanks for the suggestion! I actually think I might go with Peridot (or the bluish-green from Peridot) for the base now. I completely forgot about that colour, but it is gorgeous and seems like it could work well!

Here's my Xar which just came in. It's the green from Peridot for the shaft, and Giger Black for the base (a greenish black, slightly metallic). Peridot green is gorgeous, the color changes slightly depending on how the light hits it, bringing out the golden sheen. Almost like sharkskin fabric, or silk (a slight two-tone effect)
newxar.jpg
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:32 am

Grimly Fiendish wrote: :words:

Pretty.

I wish I held out for a good looking Xar instead of the ectoplasm that mines in. GITD isn't really a big thing for me. But it was a flop and during a time when they dropped very few xls. Still love the toy.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Sabbath

Postby Sabbath » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:13 pm

-nods to myself-

I think my next toy will be a mini firm suction-cupped Xar, but I have no idea what colors I want. The base will probably either be in Uber Diamond or Night Sky Black, but I don't know which.
Padre

Postby Padre » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:17 pm

Sabbath wrote:-nods to myself-

I think my next toy will be a mini firm suction-cupped Xar, but I have no idea what colors I want. The base will probably either be in Uber Diamond or Night Sky Black, but I don't know which.

Have you considered a white shaft, maybe with a metallic or even Pearlescent sheen to it? I think that pairs wonderfully with a dark base!
—Matt|Bisexual|German|Artist—
Pseudo cleric with a preference for dragon dongs.

[Owned: Flint|Pretzal|Nox|Hunter|Plenty non-BD >>Listed on profile!]

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”