Custom Color Discussion

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
DaedraQueen

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby DaedraQueen » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:18 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:
DaedraQueen wrote:
Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:Jupiter is such a pretty color, and I still kinda want a small dexter.
How much does Jupiter cost outside of sales?

I think its $10 normally jupiters free so it sounds about right xxx

I'm a little confused as to how you worded that, sorry :psyduck:
So would it be free or $10?
I know single customs used to be $5

Omg sorry! so when it's in production so in January when its released its free! but I'm sure someone ordered it out of season as it were and it cost them $10 but maybe im wrong Im so sorry haha
❤ Female ❤ Pan ❤ 24 ❤ Married ❤ 6 BD Toys

❤ Currently Owned ❤

Small/Med Nova in Pearce’s signature and maroon base.
Small/Med Winston in a fire morph pattern.
Small/Med Flint in a custom tri-marble.
Small/Med Nox in Jupiter.
Small/Med Meng in Cosmic Nebula.
Small/Med Trent in Peridot
Medium Rauchana in artistic liberty
Akhelios the Sea Beast in a teal to blue fade

❤ Bought but not arrived ❤
Med Pretzal in Feathered Serpent
Small Echo In full spectrum (Rainbow)

"Is that your new dream in life to own a cornucopia of dicks?" Quoted from my darling husband
DaedraQueen

Postby DaedraQueen » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:34 pm

DaedraQueen wrote:
Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:I'm a little confused as to how you worded that, sorry :psyduck:
So would it be free or $10?
I know single customs used to be $5

Omg sorry! so when it's in production so in January when its released its free! but I'm sure someone ordered it out of season as it were and it cost them $10 but maybe im wrong Im so sorry haha

Gotcha!
Wow, I'm surprised (not really) a single color toy would be $10 :psyduck:
Oh well, if it is, I'll just wait for a cheap flop Dexter.

I hope it isn't but this was sometime last year I think so maybe they've changed it! I hope they have dexter would look really pretty in it, I think someone I know on here has a Jupiter shaft and like a diamond base dexter and its stunning!!

❤ Currently Owned ❤

"Is that your new dream in life to own a cornucopia of dicks?" Quoted from my darling husband
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:52 pm

DaedraQueen wrote:
Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:Gotcha!
Wow, I'm surprised (not really) a single color toy would be $10 :psyduck:
Oh well, if it is, I'll just wait for a cheap flop Dexter.

I hope it isn't but this was sometime last year I think so maybe they've changed it! I hope they have dexter would look really pretty in it, I think someone I know on here has a Jupiter shaft and like a diamond base dexter and its stunning!!

Oh really? I'll have to look!
Dexter is one of those toys that looks good in single colors or full marbles. Normally I like my toys a little more realistic looking (even if they are super bright/unrealistic colors, if that makes sense)
Plus I don't really have any character in mind for the model, or any real attachment to the model.
If I get a couple other toys sold, I'll send BD an email (unless someone else knows)

If we're taking about split bases for Dexter I messaged CS a couple weeks ago on it.

I asked how much a giger black base and violet shaft would be. It's 15$.

Edit; I'm dumb >_> I didn't read it as how much is a special single color BD makes when its not in stock
DaedraQueen

Postby DaedraQueen » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:01 pm

Phelvia wrote:
DaedraQueen wrote:

Oh really? I'll have to look!
Dexter is one of those toys that looks good in single colors or full marbles. Normally I like my toys a little more realistic looking (even if they are super bright/unrealistic colors, if that makes sense)
Plus I don't really have any character in mind for the model, or any real attachment to the model.
If I get a couple other toys sold, I'll send BD an email (unless someone else knows)

If we're taking about split bases for Dexter I messaged CS a couple weeks ago on it.

I asked how much a giger black base and violet shaft would be. It's 15$.

Edit; I'm dumb >_> I didn't read it as how much is a special single color BD makes when its not in stock

Awe Im sorry hunnie!! I had to confuse things haha! I can't for the life of me remember who it is that owns it but one day I'll own it too haha!!

❤ Currently Owned ❤

Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:20 pm

Featherystorm wrote:I found out I could order Apollo in terra's sig which was fantastic since I like the color but not the model. Now here's a fun question.

Could I order pretzal in his old sig 'Feathered Serpent' or are fades completely out of the question for him? It'll pretty much make or break me getting an softer XL model of him in the future.

There's a thread "Show Us Your Color Swaps" which shows lots of nice examples (color swaps are one of my favorite ideas). Lots of times, a toy's signature color looks better on a different model. And some colors (ahem, Shimmerscale) look good on almost everything.

I was never a fan of Feathered Serpent (a bit too 'sherbet' if you know what I mean). Different strokes I suppose...
Sabbath

Postby Sabbath » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:41 pm

Glow additive cannot be mixed, from what I understand now.

Blaze cannot support any kind of highlight; even spooky seconds.

Now I just have to figure out what colors would fit the character more. :3
DesireDemon

Postby DesireDemon » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:51 pm

Has anyone seen any Green/Orange marbles? I'm trying to decide what I want my ridley to be and I was thinking about basing it on Samus's suit with a red base, and orange/green marble but I'm worried of how that could look.
stuck-on-the-knot1

Postby stuck-on-the-knot1 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:08 am

DesireDemon wrote:Has anyone seen any Green/Orange marbles? I'm trying to decide what I want my ridley to be and I was thinking about basing it on Samus's suit with a red base, and orange/green marble but I'm worried of how that could look.

There was a speciality color for Aquaman called Royal Trident that was a green and orange marble but thats the only one with those colors together that I have seen! I hope this helps!
http://assets.bad-dragon.com/images/sale_images/superpowered.jpg
Female 22 Pansexual Taken Polyamorous Furry Pokemaniac Whovian Rock Music Lover Food Lover

Currently own : 26 toys (Toy list on Profile)

Don't be afraid to send a PM!~ I love talking with people and making friends
DesireDemon

Postby DesireDemon » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:34 am

It does help! Hmm not sure if to go with that or 2nd kind for the shaft. Still not sure what red i would want for the base either.
Sabbath

Postby Sabbath » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:59 am

Asked if Blaze can take a tri-marble shaft of Sapphire+BD Gold+Night Sky, with a Celestial Light Base.

Does anyone know if GiTD colors can be marbled with other colors?
Slaanesh

Postby Slaanesh » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:16 am

Sabbath wrote:Asked if Blaze can take a tri-marble shaft of Sapphire+BD Gold+Night Sky, with a Celestial Light Base.

Does anyone know if GiTD colors can be marbled with other colors?

Unfortunately they won't custom marble GITD colours with ones that don't - I think there may be a few preexisting ones but I'd have to double check :doh:
meatloaf

Postby meatloaf » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:10 pm

throwback to my previous posting here regarding a shadow tempest themed toy, not too much of the actual mlp movie coloration's so hoping to get a more accurate coloration. here i have an idea of what i want but i want to know if anyone can suggest me any special, pearly or metallic colors that are close enough to BD's sangria and royal purple. i would get a sugarstar, but it would be a waste of money because i cant penetrate it, lol
Attachments
download.png
download.png (58.65 KiB) Viewed 424 times
1529733__safe_screencap_tempest+shadow_my+little+pony-colon-+the+movie_spoiler-colon-my+little+pony+movie_cropped_solo.jpeg
:misc11: GIRTH-O-HOLIC :misc12:

WTB:
Bruce

Mr Hankeys:
Medium El rey in tan with balls

Msg me if you see any of my toys that may interest you for future sale reference :0 )
Must <3 monsters 97
Gender: Some type of non binary. I never felt I was very much a boy, or very much a girl.

Postby Must <3 monsters 97 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:02 pm

Should I ask a customer service representative to do a fenrir in a flint's signature pattern? Will they even do it? I don't want to bug them if they will not accept the request.
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:09 pm

Must <3 monsters 97 wrote:Should I ask a customer service representative to do a fenrir in a flint's signature pattern? Will they even do it? I don't want to bug them if they will not accept the request.

As long as it can support the color, you should be fine. CS is used to accepting color swap requests and have done them for years, so you're not being a bother to them.

Fenrir should support highlights and therefore support Flint's Signature, so you should be golden. Best of luck :misc2: :smilenox:
Must <3 monsters 97
Gender: Some type of non binary. I never felt I was very much a boy, or very much a girl.

Postby Must <3 monsters 97 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:18 pm

CakeLurker wrote:
Must <3 monsters 97 wrote:Should I ask a customer service representative to do a fenrir in a flint's signature pattern? Will they even do it? I don't want to bug them if they will not accept the request.

As long as it can support the color, you should be fine. CS is used to accepting color swap requests and have done them for years, so you're not being a bother to them.

Fenrir should support highlights and therefore support Flint's Signature, so you should be golden. Best of luck :misc2: :smilenox:

Thanks. A highlight will have to take the place of a fade.
katze

Postby katze » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:22 pm

meatloaf wrote:throwback to my previous posting here regarding a shadow tempest themed toy, not too much of the actual mlp movie coloration's so hoping to get a more accurate coloration. here i have an idea of what i want but i want to know if anyone can suggest me any special, pearly or metallic colors that are close enough to BD's sangria and royal purple. i would get a sugarstar, but it would be a waste of money because i cant penetrate it, lol

You can probably ask for metallic to be added to those colors!

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!

waiting on:
medium 5 spitfire w/ suction cup (nox's signautre)
medium 5 rex w/ suction cup (opal)
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:41 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:I really need to catch up with MLP :psyduck:

But you can request metallics/pearls or glitter to any color for free, I think!

You don't really have to play catch up with the movie. The movie is it's own thing so you don't even have to watch any season. There's not much "bonus" to watching the seasons before the movie either aside from recognizing a few background characters but that's it.

I think I asked before I can't find the post, but out of curiosity when did you stop watching the show? I'd recommend watching Season 7's A Royal Problem for a really good laugh at two certain princesses. The only "prerequisite knowledge" you need for that is probably the Season 5 finale + Season 6 premiere to get the gist of a certain character and how she fits into everything but that's it.

There's a few other gems but it depends on when you stopped.
meatloaf

Postby meatloaf » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:56 pm

CakeLurker wrote:
Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:I really need to catch up with MLP :psyduck:

But you can request metallics/pearls or glitter to any color for free, I think!

You don't really have to play catch up with the movie. The movie is it's own thing so you don't even have to watch any season. There's not much "bonus" to watching the seasons before the movie either aside from recognizing a few background characters but that's it.

I think I asked before I can't find the post, but out of curiosity when did you stop watching the show? I'd recommend watching Season 7's A Royal Problem for a really good laugh at two certain princesses. The only "prerequisite knowledge" you need for that is probably the Season 5 finale + Season 6 premiere to get the gist of a certain character and how she fits into everything but that's it.

There's a few other gems but it depends on when you stopped.

Aight, i might check it out if i can find it online somewhere!
I stopped..hmmm, like right before twilight became an alicorn? I vaguely remember the vines and stuff from evertree forest causing mayhem, and the royal wedding (I dont remember where thats placed in the timeline) with the changelings. I was really interested in the nightmare moon story, but after that was over I was kinda meh about it. I still really liked the show but the story didnt interest me as much, and eventually other things took my interest.

i stopped around there too, around that time i was just starting to go through alot of mental issues and i lost interest in mostly everything i used to enjoy, latley ive been trying to find things that make me happy and keeps me interested and revisiting old fandoms/shows is bringing some life back into me.

WTB:
Bruce

Mr Hankeys:

Msg me if you see any of my toys that may interest you for future sale reference :0 )
meatloaf

Postby meatloaf » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:51 am

meatloaf wrote:
Aight, i might check it out if i can find it online somewhere!
I stopped..hmmm, like right before twilight became an alicorn? I vaguely remember the vines and stuff from evertree forest causing mayhem, and the royal wedding (I dont remember where thats placed in the timeline) with the changelings. I was really interested in the nightmare moon story, but after that was over I was kinda meh about it. I still really liked the show but the story didnt interest me as much, and eventually other things took my interest.

i stopped around there too, around that time i was just starting to go through alot of mental issues and i lost interest in mostly everything i used to enjoy, latley ive been trying to find things that make me happy and keeps me interested and revisiting old fandoms/shows is bringing some life back into me.

Tbh it was a bit of that for me too. However I started looking into new things to grab my interest.
I hope you're doing better now :)
687ba33bb92a088615a9dc523258c3b1975b4da2.png

im just starting to try to get out of this mindset by being more active here, and trying new hobbies/activities , trying to get myself back into art aswell, i appreciate the support, i hope things are going well for you too :misc2:

WTB:
Bruce

Mr Hankeys:

Sabbath

Postby Sabbath » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:30 am

Decided on 'The Dark Blue' from Sapphire (apparently Sapphire is a marble; I couldn't tell) + Night Sky + BD Gold marbled shaft, with a base of Celestial Light; and all of that with gold dazzle.

I was really hoping for this guy to glow somewhere; but it's just as well! He'll be a small firm blaze, with a suction cup. :3

$40 color, but as what should be a gorgeous tri-marble I think it's fine.

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”