XL Roland Firmness

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
FrostGryphon

XL Roland Firmness

Postby FrostGryphon » Mon May 14, 2018 11:56 pm

This particular matter is something I've debated for a good long while - I've been biding my time to splurge with another order from BD, and between extensively testing enough knots (small Spritz, medium Rex, medium Tucker, and a medium Kelvin) to safely conclude that they're a pretty awesome experience, and being just a bit of a diehard Fallout fan, Roland seems like a reasonable choice.

That said, I've also decided that, much like my Rex when I first got it, I'd want something fairly challenging, but not insurmountable - given that its large size is about comparable in size to aforementioned medium Rex, the XL seems like would fit the bill perfectly. With firmness concerned, though, large/XL sizes have me more or less stumped (even if Roland's are relatively small). I don't imagine the length, or thickness elsewhere, will be as big of a concern, but it leaves me to wonder if it's just a good idea to avoid medium firmness with larger toys in general.

TL;DR birb is used to knots, wants a thicc-er knot, can't decide on firmness. :psyduck:

If anyone's been in a similar spot with sizing up, or just so happens to have those two toys for comparison, I'd really like to get a better idea of what I should do about firmness, so I don't end up with something I'll regret.
Ghost_the_Crow

Re: XL Roland Firmness

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Tue May 15, 2018 12:26 am

Got mine in medium firmness, but I can’t fully take it.
Also if you want it to stand up soft is a no-go, the medium already flops over sometimes.
Not sure if soft would be better to insert though.
Asexual / Gyneromantic / Probably Trans or Genderfluid(?) / Loves Cuddling

"Of course I know what I'm doing." I said, knowing that I didn't.
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Tue May 15, 2018 5:44 am

Roland is long and in the thin side, so soft could be too floppy. If you are used to medium firmness I'd stick to it.
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Tue May 15, 2018 8:25 pm

stick with medium firmness and get it with a suction cup. Even though the SC on mine is a bit wonky, but that might just be mine since it was a flop.

the biggest issue i had with XL Roland is its length. training the entrance to the sigmoid colon is a lot more difficult than just training for girth. Once i got comfortable popping its head in and out of the bend it became one of my favorite "thin" toys. I highly recommend getting something in the 2" thick or greater range to train your depth with. It will make things so much easier.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
FrostGryphon

Postby FrostGryphon » Wed May 16, 2018 2:06 am

Got mine in medium firmness, but I can’t fully take it.
Also if you want it to stand up soft is a no-go, the medium already flops over sometimes.
Not sure if soft would be better to insert though.

Roland is long and in the thin side, so soft could be too floppy. If you are used to medium firmness I'd stick to it.

Both good points, now that you mention it. I didn't quite put two and two together that being relatively small for an XL would include it being relatively slim, too. If anything, though, going with medium firmness will mean I'll have a better idea of what to expect when I start warming up to it.

stick with medium firmness and get it with a suction cup. Even though the SC on mine is a bit wonky, but that might just be mine since it was a flop.

the biggest issue i had with XL Roland is its length. training the entrance to the sigmoid colon is a lot more difficult than just training for girth. Once i got comfortable popping its head in and out of the bend it became one of my favorite "thin" toys. I highly recommend getting something in the 2" thick or greater range to train your depth with. It will make things so much easier.

With the help of a similarly long non-BD toy, I'm already pretty confident that the length won't be an issue. I'd actually had that problem with my medium Rex when I first got it (the reason for the aforementioned non-BD toy being so that I could warm up depth before Rex). The thought hadn't crossed my mind the first time I was able to take that knot - needless to say, bad move.

With the suction cup concerned, I'm still iffy on it since I don't find myself using it on either of my SC-equipped toys very often, but if it does make that big of a difference for larger toys, I definitely won't pass it up either.

In any case, I'm glad I was able to get some input - I was more than a bit worried I was going to have to take a shot in the dark with this one.
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Wed May 16, 2018 2:45 pm

FrostGryphon wrote:[
With the help of a similarly long non-BD toy, I'm already pretty confident that the length won't be an issue. I'd actually had that problem with my medium Rex when I first got it (the reason for the aforementioned non-BD toy being so that I could warm up depth before Rex). The thought hadn't crossed my mind the first time I was able to take that knot - needless to say, bad move.

In any case, I'm glad I was able to get some input - I was more than a bit worried I was going to have to take a shot in the dark with this one.

My xl rex was a literal pain in my ass when i first got it. The head is kinda pokey so if I wasn't ready, whenever I pop its knot in the tip would poke into me very painfully. I learned quickly to not underestimate Rex, I always take my time warming up with it.

The great thing about roland is that its very tapered. So you have a lot of control over insertion, making it relatively easy to find how your body wants to take it. The tip can be pokey if you force it, but as long as your careful it does a great jobe of finding its way into the bend.

Roland is a great toy as i have said. Once you get comfortable with ronland it a great toy to tease your self with. One of my favorite things about it is the medial ring right above the knot. That thing add some really nice stimulation when thrusting/ rinding the shaft. Its not super intense, but its just enough to drive me wild after a while.
My collection
► Show Spoiler

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”