Do you guys worry about "douching" too often or too deeply?

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
taymoo

Do you guys worry about "douching" too often or too deeply?

Postby taymoo » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:31 am

So firstly, sorry for a lengthy and gross question - but finding unbiased information on this elsewhere has turned out to be a huge pain in the ass. There's a lot of pros on this site after all.

Let’s start with the good news. I’ve got a medium Nox, Echo and a Chance a while back and while I’m not close to taking any of these monsters down to the hilt, the goal is to get there eventually. I’m having a lot of fun so far, getting a little deeper each time! So needless to say, I want to be thoroughly cleaned out before I get to hammering my guts. I use a douche before I start and I generally go at it until there is nothing but clean water coming out though (although I'm not sure if I ever get into the sigmoid colon or not!)

All was going well until I stumbled on this article which warns strongly against flushing out your sigmoid colon. The article makes it sound like you’ll might do some serious damage to your body if you clean it out too often by irritating apparently vital cells and causing dryness and potential bleeding. (You can read the article if you wanna find out more but it's a bit on the sensationalist side)

So naturally, my hypochondria kicked in and I’m at a point now that I’m not even sure if I should keep up my depth training. On the other hand, I know that there are plenty of pros on this site that take on worse things than my medium sized toys and I’m guessing you guys do some pretty thorough cleaning and pretty regularly too.

So, anecdotally, have you experienced any issues from flushing out your sigmoid colon and how often do you feel the need to even clean that deeply?

(PS: I use my toys maybe once or twice per week but lately, I’ve been looking to pick up my training and maybe go at it every day or every second day or something like that!)
Proud owner of:
► Show Spoiler
Lipton

Re: Do you guys worry about "douching" too often or too deeply?

Postby Lipton » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:51 am

Your body contains a lot of good bacterias, with douching you basically flush them out and the body has to recover that. That's not a problem if you do it once a while but if you do it too often you might notice some changes.

If you know your butt isn't "too dirty" you could always use your toys with a condom (beware the most condoms contain silicone lubricant so rather pick some unlubricated ones) or just do it directly in the shower with a little cleaning before. Your food really influences the stool, so you can prepare toying sessions with that with a bit of experience.

I personally really dislike the most Large/Extra Large toys for that reason. The cleaning needs too much effort for that bit more fun. So I usually stick to Medium ones where I don't need that deep cleaning and can use them comfortably without much of an effort.
Toys I want to buy:
- Elypse Art: Neo & Vixen
- BD April Fool Toys: Red Rocket & Fire Hydrant

I'm located in Germany, feel free to send me a message if you're selling one of these.
taymoo

Postby taymoo » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:20 am

Lipton wrote:Your body contains a lot of good bacterias, with douching you basically flush them out and the body has to recover that. That's not a problem if you do it once a while but if you do it too often you might notice some changes.

If you know your butt isn't "too dirty" you could always use your toys with a condom (beware the most condoms contain silicone lubricant so rather pick some unlubricated ones) or just do it directly in the shower with a little cleaning before. Your food really influences the stool, so you can prepare toying sessions with that with a bit of experience.

I personally really dislike the most Large/Extra Large toys for that reason. The cleaning needs too much effort for that bit more fun. So I usually stick to Medium ones where I don't need that deep cleaning and can use them comfortably without much of an effort.

That's some good tips. Thanks!

The medium ones are usually pretty deep though! I know it's different for everyone but I'm guessing a Nox with its seven inches probably pushes into sigmoid colon territory, right?
Proud owner of:
► Show Spoiler
Padre

Postby Padre » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:21 am

Lipton wrote:(...)
If you know your butt isn't "too dirty" you could always use your toys with a condom (beware the most condoms contain silicone lubricant so rather pick some unlubricated ones) (...)

Little tangent here, but I had that half-day google search recently so I thought I might spare it anyone reading this:
Most un-lubricated condoms are super inconvenient bc they're powdered and pretty damn expensive, just an all-over hassle in acquiring and use, bUT! Some condoms with water based lube exist and are perfectly fine for silicone toys!
I know there's an US brand but I sadly forgot which one it is, and then there's the FunFactory Condoms --- CS assures me the lube is water based, and I haven't noticed any issues either :)

Got a big bag of 50 for 20€, and Funfactory has both an EU and US online shop

Taymoo wrote:The medium ones are usually pretty deep though! I know it's different for everyone but I'm guessing a Nox with its seven inches probably pushes into sigmoid colon territory, right?

I saw someone else say the sigmoid colon is anywhere from 5-8 inches up, depending on the person, but that's just hear-say on my part
—German|Artist|Bisexual—
Pseudo cleric with a preference for dragon dongs.

[Owned: Flint|Pretzal|Nox|Hunter|Bruce|Zaratan|Plenty non-BD >>Listed on profile!]
taymoo

Postby taymoo » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:29 am

Padre wrote:
Taymoo wrote:The medium ones are usually pretty deep though! I know it's different for everyone but I'm guessing a Nox with its seven inches probably pushes into sigmoid colon territory, right?

I saw someone else say the sigmoid colon is anywhere from 5-8 inches up, depending on the person, but that's just hear-say on my part

Thanks mate. That sounds reasonable but I'll look it up. No point blasting that place with water f nothing is going in it! Still, I just can't imagine it's as dangerous to wash out now and then as the article makes it sound.
Proud owner of:
► Show Spoiler
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:26 pm

Vice is shit.
The problem may come if you constantly clean deep your colon, eliminating your intestinal flora and mucus, rectum is different. If you only are using a douche you will know if you are passing your rectum, because the it will seems like you never end. I also doubt that just washing may cause incontinence in long terms, and "symptoms appears when its too late" :eyeroll: I don't go to talk about that article because... sigh...
With deep enemas I think that sometimes I've got a bit of constipation, but I don't know if its due my diet. I mean, my pipes are empty and it can take a few days until I need go to the bathroom again. The good side is that I can play two days in a row.
If you do it like once or two a week should't be a problem, but that maybe depends on each one. I do it every time I want to play, but if I think I did too many times lately and I'm messing with my guts I stop.
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:25 pm

Padre wrote:

My partner doesn't hit "the wall" until 8 inches in on his medium Chance, if that helps.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
taymoo

Postby taymoo » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:39 pm

Harbenz wrote:Vice is shit.
The problem may come if you constantly clean deep your colon, eliminating your intestinal flora and mucus, rectum is different. If you only are using a douche you will know if you are passing your rectum, because the it will seems like you never end. I also doubt that just washing may cause incontinence in long terms, and "symptoms appears when its too late" :eyeroll: I don't go to talk about that article because... sigh...
With deep enemas I think that sometimes I've got a bit of constipation, but I don't know if its due my diet. I mean, my pipes are empty and it can take a few days until I need go to the bathroom again. The good side is that I can play two days in a row.
If you do it like once or two a week should't be a problem, but that maybe depends on each one. I do it every time I want to play, but if I think I did too many times lately and I'm messing with my guts I stop.

Trust me. I knew to take what they have to say with a grain of salt. That said, I'm kinda new to butt stuff in general and Bad Dragon stuff in particular so I figured some input from more experienced community members might be a good idea! Anyways, thanks for your input!

I'm actually not sure if I ever got into the sigmoid colon when cleaning but I suppose I would have noticed!

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Padre wrote:

My partner doesn't hit "the wall" until 8 inches in on his medium Chance, if that helps.

Sure does! It gives me an idea of what to expect.
Proud owner of:
► Show Spoiler
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:28 pm

Some random thoughts...

The article is only referring to human penis sized penetrations, just to be clear. Less demanding than Bad Dragon.

If you are doing shallow toying, rinsing out the rectum can be enough. But even if your toy doesn't pass the sigmoid entrance, shallow toying can trigger your upper bowels to begin moving. So you can start your session feeling "clear" and still have an issue before you finish.

Having a clean session seems to require planning ahead, regular (efficient) pooping, and just the right amount of water (too much can trigger a cascade of mud from higher up, unnecessarily complicating your cleanout). I've had spontaneous sessions with quick cleanouts, and they can be a gamble, as far as cleanliness, but when everything goes well it can be magical. Seems like the best situation is to poop completely, then do the cleanout relatively soon after.

Messing with gut bacteria is a real problem, but might only be an issue with deeper cleanouts. Not everybody needs deeper cleaning, or not every time. Rinsing the rectum will flush out helpful mucous, but adding lube into the equation may compensate (?) especially longer lasting oil based lubes.

I hate Vice too.
taymoo

Postby taymoo » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:44 pm

Grimly Fiendish wrote:Some random thoughts...

The article is only referring to human penis sized penetrations, just to be clear. Less demanding than Bad Dragon.

If you are doing shallow toying, rinsing out the rectum can be enough. But even if your toy doesn't pass the sigmoid entrance, shallow toying can trigger your upper bowels to begin moving. So you can start your session feeling "clear" and still have an issue before you finish.

Having a clean session seems to require planning ahead, regular (efficient) pooping, and just the right amount of water (too much can trigger a cascade of mud from higher up, unnecessarily complicating your cleanout). I've had spontaneous sessions with quick cleanouts, and they can be a gamble, as far as cleanliness, but when everything goes well it can be magical. Seems like the best situation is to poop completely, then do the cleanout relatively soon after.

Messing with gut bacteria is a real problem, but might only be an issue with deeper cleanouts. Not everybody needs deeper cleaning, or not every time. Rinsing the rectum will flush out helpful mucous, but adding lube into the equation may compensate (?) especially longer lasting oil based lubes.

I hate Vice too.

That's helpful, thanks! I'm thinking most of my medium toys won't really push passed that sigmoid entrance anyway and maybe upping my fiber intake and just straight up pooping before hand can help mitigate that bowel movement scenario you described. I never imagined that butt stuff could be so complicated...

I suppose I'll just go out it with a clean rectum at the very least and see how it works. So far, I haven't had any accidents.
Proud owner of:
► Show Spoiler
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:22 pm

I was gonna say that shallow toying can trigger your upper bowels to begin to move. I was sitting here thinking what kinda of magical people can only do a shallow clean out? even when i started out, a bowel movement and lite clean out, only left me temporally clean. lets just say toying causes things to happen.

i also said 5-8" in another tread as a semi wild guesstimate. depending how thick a toy is I fluctuate, something really thick like XL Sleipnir i hit that wall at like 7". while "thinner" toys like xl chance its about 8-9ish." that said i used to take 10" without getting past the bend, how that worked. :mystery:

eat yogurt or things with probiotics in them.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Dee

Postby Dee » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:00 am

If you're going past your sigmoid. You will know it, unless the toy is super skinny.

You'd be amazed how little water you really need. About a 100ml, give yourself a couple of minutes. Get rid of it. Then do that again is pretty good for a shallow session.

Something I've found doesn't disturb my insides all that much but is pretty messy to begin with. Lube up a fairly long textured toy, slip it in, take it out, clean it, then lube it up again, and keep going until the toy comes out clean. Disturbs my insides the least but not for the squeamish. A combination of this and the shallow flush is pretty good over all.

But yes. Flushing every day won't do you any good. Your guts produce their own lube not dissimilar from saliva and flushing it away all the time will cause you irritation.
True suffering is that there are millions of pictures of furry girls; but not one of them is real.
:crying:
Life is pain!
taymoo

Postby taymoo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:35 pm

KnotyDes wrote:I was gonna say that shallow toying can trigger your upper bowels to begin to move. I was sitting here thinking what kinda of magical people can only do a shallow clean out? even when i started out, a bowel movement and lite clean out, only left me temporally clean. lets just say toying causes things to happen.

i also said 5-8" in another tread as a semi wild guesstimate. depending how thick a toy is I fluctuate, something really thick like XL Sleipnir i hit that wall at like 7". while "thinner" toys like xl chance its about 8-9ish." that said i used to take 10" without getting past the bend, how that worked. :mystery:

eat yogurt or things with probiotics in them.

So I take it you do more thorough clean outs regularly? About how regular would you say you do it? I take it you haven't encountered any issues in regards to irritation or bleeding because of it. Sorry if I'm asking a bit much here. I'm really just curious! I'll play it safe regardless but it would be nice to know that flushing out your sigmoid colon isn't gonna kill you if you do it now and then.

Dee wrote:If you're going past your sigmoid. You will know it, unless the toy is super skinny.

You'd be amazed how little water you really need. About a 100ml, give yourself a couple of minutes. Get rid of it. Then do that again is pretty good for a shallow session.

Something I've found doesn't disturb my insides all that much but is pretty messy to begin with. Lube up a fairly long textured toy, slip it in, take it out, clean it, then lube it up again, and keep going until the toy comes out clean. Disturbs my insides the least but not for the squeamish. A combination of this and the shallow flush is pretty good over all.

But yes. Flushing every day won't do you any good. Your guts produce their own lube not dissimilar from saliva and flushing it away all the time will cause you irritation.

Thanks for the tip dude but I think I'll stick to water! You're probably right that flushing it everyday definitely isn't a good idea but I'm guessing a couple of times per month shouldn't be an issue...

That said. I have no idea if I've ever pushed passed my sigmoid bend. Yeah, it feels like something you'd notice I guess. I've had my Kona poke and dig quite deep, giving me a sort of uncomfortable feeling that I can't quite put my finger on what it might be so I'm guessing that might be it. It might sound silly but it's something I'm hoping to try at least once or twice!
Proud owner of:
► Show Spoiler
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:07 pm

taymoo wrote:So I take it you do more thorough clean outs regularly? About how regular would you say you do it? I take it you haven't encountered any issues in regards to irritation or bleeding because of it. Sorry if I'm asking a bit much here. I'm really just curious! I'll play it safe regardless but it would be nice to know that flushing out your sigmoid colon isn't gonna kill you if you do it now and then.

yes and no. I only do deep cleaning for toys that are longer than 12" or if I plan on having big training sessions over the weekend or if my body is being difficult/ i mess up. My "normal" clean still take a good amount of time and effort, but it not a deep cleaning. i'm mostly tricking my body to move as much solids out as it can with shallow flushes and a normal or assisted bowel movement. the normal nozzles that i use is thin, like .5" and 10" long. after a number of shallow flushes I fully insert this thing and do some quick flushes to see how much more cleaning i have to do. As Dee said having a dedicated clean out toy helps out as well. So i have another nozzle 3XL Double Ball Retaining Ball Style Silicone Nozzle that is my clean out toy, yeah i know its big. they make thinner ones. This thing has helped not only stream line my clean out but does a great job at warming me up for the session. not gonna lie, this is not the cleanest thing to do, but i am in a shower...... if you are gonna clean out in the shower make sure that you clean out your drain trap, regularly. its mostly just hair but still, smell may become an issue.

i have never experienced bleeding other than the minor damage that happens from toying deep. As for irritation, not really? sometimes when your really empty and after a session it feels like thing get moved around and settle in different positions than normal. then it take some time to "fill up" and for things to move back into place. sometimes you get used to that empty feeling and you feel as your bowels fill up and that kinda becomes uncomfortable.

It is a must for me to flush my sigmoid and i do it quite often and have yet to develop and major health issues. If i start feeling funky i stop toying for a bit. This is me though, i have toyed very frequent for the last 5+ years. take my advice as that advice.

also this site is great for clean out stuff https://www.siliconenozzles.com/main.sc
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Dee

Postby Dee » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:22 pm

taymoo wrote:Thanks for the tip dude but I think I'll stick to water! You're probably right that flushing it everyday definitely isn't a good idea but I'm guessing a couple of times per month shouldn't be an issue...

That said. I have no idea if I've ever pushed passed my sigmoid bend. Yeah, it feels like something you'd notice I guess. I've had my Kona poke and dig quite deep, giving me a sort of uncomfortable feeling that I can't quite put my finger on what it might be so I'm guessing that might be it. It might sound silly but it's something I'm hoping to try at least once or twice!

Most frequent is maybe 3-4 times a week. No ill effects just an odd feeling a little bit like stomach cramps but no where near as severe. The feeling goes after a day.

I was frequently using 12 inch circumference toys before I'd even gone 6 inches deep. I just found it way too uncomfortable. For the last week or so as an example though I've been using a large razor as my starting toy and he feels just fine. When I knot him he sits just inside my inner ring.

I don't really like doing a clean out to be honest it takes a long time and sometimes a few hours later I've still been running to the toilet for some more water that has been hiding. Hence my other method.

Answering someone else's question. I've never bled from just cleaning and I've done some pretty big flushes before. Maybe 5 litres once or twice.
True suffering is that there are millions of pictures of furry girls; but not one of them is real.
Life is pain!
taymoo

Postby taymoo » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:17 pm

Dee wrote:
taymoo wrote:Thanks for the tip dude but I think I'll stick to water! You're probably right that flushing it everyday definitely isn't a good idea but I'm guessing a couple of times per month shouldn't be an issue...

Most frequent is maybe 3-4 times a week. No ill effects just an odd feeling a little bit like stomach cramps but no where near as severe. The feeling goes after a day.

I was frequently using 12 inch circumference toys before I'd even gone 6 inches deep. I just found it way too uncomfortable. For the last week or so as an example though I've been using a large razor as my starting toy and he feels just fine. When I knot him he sits just inside my inner ring.

I don't really like doing a clean out to be honest it takes a long time and sometimes a few hours later I've still been running to the toilet for some more water that has been hiding. Hence my other method.

Answering someone else's question. I've never bled from just cleaning and I've done some pretty big flushes before. Maybe 5 litres once or twice.

Yeah, the deeper clean out sounds like a bit of a bother. It's not something I'm looking to do on a daily basis. But it feels better knowing that doing it once or twice isn't gonna kill me since I'm getting into more and more depth! So my questions has definitely be answered.

KnotyDes wrote:
taymoo wrote:So I take it you do more thorough clean outs regularly? About how regular would you say you do it? I take it you haven't encountered any issues in regards to irritation or bleeding because of it. Sorry if I'm asking a bit much here. I'm really just curious! I'll play it safe regardless but it would be nice to know that flushing out your sigmoid colon isn't gonna kill you if you do it now and then.

yes and no. I only do deep cleaning for toys that are longer than 12" or if I plan on having big training sessions over the weekend or if my body is being difficult/ i mess up. My "normal" clean still take a good amount of time and effort, but it not a deep cleaning. i'm mostly tricking my body to move as much solids out as it can with shallow flushes and a normal or assisted bowel movement. the normal nozzles that i use is thin, like .5" and 10" long. after a number of shallow flushes I fully insert this thing and do some quick flushes to see how much more cleaning i have to do. As Dee said having a dedicated clean out toy helps out as well. So i have another nozzle 3XL Double Ball Retaining Ball Style Silicone Nozzle that is my clean out toy, yeah i know its big. they make thinner ones. This thing has helped not only stream line my clean out but does a great job at warming me up for the session. not gonna lie, this is not the cleanest thing to do, but i am in a shower...... if you are gonna clean out in the shower make sure that you clean out your drain trap, regularly. its mostly just hair but still, smell may become an issue.

i have never experienced bleeding other than the minor damage that happens from toying deep. As for irritation, not really? sometimes when your really empty and after a session it feels like thing get moved around and settle in different positions than normal. then it take some time to "fill up" and for things to move back into place. sometimes you get used to that empty feeling and you feel as your bowels fill up and that kinda becomes uncomfortable.

It is a must for me to flush my sigmoid and i do it quite often and have yet to develop and major health issues. If i start feeling funky i stop toying for a bit. This is me though, i have toyed very frequent for the last 5+ years. take my advice as that advice.

also this site is great for clean out stuff https://www.siliconenozzles.com/main.sc

Thanks for the advice, bud! Yeah I've been looking at maybe getting some cheap, dedicated clean out toy. Though I've also been looking at upgrading my douche and I've found a few gadgets that might be able to do both.

For one thing, I found this baby on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Anal-Silicone-Cl ... B01M5HB5B9
Looks like you could potentially use it to get passed the sigmoid bend and clean up a bit while you're at it. It's supposed to be fairly soft too but thin. 40cm is probably a bit overkill but I'm sure as hell not gonna need anything deeper. So however deep I decide to go in the future, I'm thinking this should do it.

I'm also trying to find an anal douche. Something with a big bulb and 360 spread for a more shallow, quick cleaning. Only one I've been able to find is this one. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nexus-Pro-Pros ... B07B9ZR4KJ. If you know of any other get ones I'd love to hear it. I'll check out siliconenozzles in the meantime.
Proud owner of:
► Show Spoiler
Dee

Postby Dee » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:23 am

Life is pain!
taymoo

Postby taymoo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:31 am

Dee wrote:http://www.sexshop365.co.uk/catalog/anal-toys-313/douches-and-enemas-652/clean-stream-silicone-inflatable-double-bulb-enema-system-17875.html

Expensive; but awesome.

It sure looks awesome! But I've been sitting here trying to figure out how it works...
Proud owner of:
► Show Spoiler
Sabre

Postby Sabre » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:20 pm

Not really no. I toy once or twice a week. Full deep enema. I need to make sure I'm super clean as any..... Matter/smells is an instant nope for me. Don't notice any change in my bowels
A dragon's prayer
► Show Spoiler
Dee

Postby Dee » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:09 pm

taymoo wrote:
Dee wrote:http://www.sexshop365.co.uk/catalog/anal-toys-313/douches-and-enemas-652/clean-stream-silicone-inflatable-double-bulb-enema-system-17875.html

Expensive; but awesome.

It sure looks awesome! But I've been sitting here trying to figure out how it works...

When it's deflated go halfway in, inflate the big bulb inside and the small one outside, gives a great seal for filling up and denying release :p
Life is pain!

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”