Small FAQ/ Overview for British Customers :)

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Cybergoth

Re: Small FAQ/ Overview for British Customers :)

Postby Cybergoth » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:55 am

Ouch, I just got hit with the customs and VAT for my January order. Its April. That's a bit of a joke Fedex! I thought I had escaped that one.

Anyhow, the FAQ needs updating, the admin fee is now £12, as opposed to £10.50
lonewolf8

Postby lonewolf8 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:24 pm

I ended up chosing UPS for my first order (I don't know why).
When it gets shipped, I can give you some feedback on the whole process - maybe it would help other UK buyers.

Signed up to the My UPS account online in the hopes it will allow me to control whether the package gets delivered to my address or to go to a UPS "Access Point" drop-off location a mile away. The account possibly lets me pay import duty/tax online, which would be handy.
Collection: Large Firm Nox, Aneros Helix Syn
lonewolf8

Postby lonewolf8 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:30 am

My experience with UPS has not been great.
Sure, they delivered the package intact and safe and to the correct address. But it's like working with a company from the stone ages. So much inneficiency. So much hassle.

UPS:
- need to get their systems to route the package more efficiently: Arrived in Norwich (20 miles away from me), went north of Birmingham, then a bit south, then to Norwich.
- need to sort their delivery change system in order. I entered a delivery address change to go to a nearby UPS Access Point shop so that I don't have to worry about the parcel arriving while I was at work. On the day of delivery, while the parcel was in the 'truck' they realised that it was going to a UPS Access Point. WTF. So it got redirected back to Norwich, instead of going to the Access Point that same day. So instead of getting it on Friday at the access point, I got it on Monday. Very inneficient!
- need to get their website in order. On the day the delivery went to the UPS Access Point, there was no indication on their tracking page that the parcel was actually going to the the access point, until it was already delivered.
- need to get their online payment systems in order. I added my Paypal account to My UPS Choice account thinking that the impiort duty and customs will be taken off that. Should have been a very simple procedure. No need to have cash nearby to hand to the delivery driver. Yet their systems can't cope with online automatic payment or automatic invoicing. This is the 21st century guys.. I should have been able to see the invoice for that delivery, see how much it was, and be able to pay online with whatever damned payment method I chose. Not so!
- need to get their invoice calculations correct. I got an email to say I can pick up my parcel. In there it said the bill was 35.77 GBL. I paid 20 minutes ago by debit card over the phone and it was 36.72.
- need to get their payment receipts done correctly. I asked if I will get a receipt for the payment. They said I get a 6 digit code. I don't get a letter in the post. I should get an email receipt, but so far nothing. What the hell.

I shall try Fedex next time.
Collection: Large Firm Nox, Aneros Helix Syn
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:45 pm

Never had much issue with UPS, just impatient guy who didn't wait long for my mum to call back (about a minute) then decides to go home. He was waiting outside the entrance of the Island, he didn't want to drive all the way here to find I'm not here, even though I am familiar with the tracking dates and stuff. (Which is understandable, being on the edge of the country almost)
Oh the date kept changing too and came on the original date and the tracking did not let me know. On the parcel when I finally got it 'Not in (1)'
The guy lied on the parcel, I was in. We called him that we was in but still wrote 'Not in (1)' Not sure if it has to be wrote or what.
Yeah about three issues I had :britain:
FedEx are pretty good with me, they somehow squeezed delivery so tight too across the globe once :grin:
FNKWB

Postby FNKWB » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:49 am

Hey, just bumping this thread. Does anyone know what the correct codes are to use on http://www.Dutycalculator.com?
Looking to sell:
Medium Lunar Guardian Werewolf in 5 firmness w/SC
Small, Med & XL Crackers All SC'd & Regal Alpha, Med + XL CT'd,
Looking to buy:
Equine Rump, JT the Fox, Anthrotabby Shark, Hazel The Werewolfess, Small Werewolf Wearable, Small Fenir the Wolfdragon, Sml/Med 8/5 Tailstretcher, Cockatrice Lil'squirt, Sml Werewolf 8
raptor_girl

Postby raptor_girl » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:57 pm

I'm expecting a toy to arrive on Thursday, shipped with UPS. Will I be able to pay my custom fee at the door on card machine?
Drazard

Postby Drazard » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:34 pm

raptor_girl wrote:I'm expecting a toy to arrive on Thursday, shipped with UPS. Will I be able to pay my custom fee at the door on card machine?

I think it varies from place to place, but the one toy I got shipped over with UPS had to be paid for via cash or cheque on the door - card wasn't an option. :unamused: Best to have some cash on you, I'd say!
raptor_girl

Postby raptor_girl » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:22 am

Drazard wrote:
raptor_girl wrote:I'm expecting a toy to arrive on Thursday, shipped with UPS. Will I be able to pay my custom fee at the door on card machine?

I think it varies from place to place, but the one toy I got shipped over with UPS had to be paid for via cash or cheque on the door - card wasn't an option. :unamused: Best to have some cash on you, I'd say!

Ah yeah, no card option for me either! Fortunately I had the cash. I didn't have the exact change, £22 custom charge but only £10 + £20 notes. The delivery man just took both the notes and said something about the change being posted through my door in a brown bag on Monday. Who even knows
bradofwales

Postby bradofwales » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:47 am

Did try Ups once a while ago it kepts being said sent then returned due to insufficient documents or something in their systems for a week just ended up going to the ups building and pay the fees their and collect it off the driver (which wasnt that far from my house and gave me his number to stop for 5 mins to collect it from him)

Fedex i tried last year worked fine did take 2 weeks for the invoice to arrive but i do wish there was a way to pay these fees before hand if you can track them online but thats just me.
Sammy_Pants

Postby Sammy_Pants » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:29 am

I thought I would add to this thread as I'm having difficulty working out how to get my package from the FEDEX office now it is in the UK.

FEDEX will not deliver on a weekend, and you cannot specify a time. There are no FEDEX offices near me and I don't drive (should have checked- I know).

If you want to get a neighbor to receive the parcel for you, you have to sign the card FEDEX leaves when a failed delivery is made (despite the fact they made me log into the website a week prior to state I didn't want signed delivery and that it would be fine to leave with any of our neighbors). You have to then specify to FEDEX (in less than 34 characters) the location on the FEDEX website. Then hope your neighbor won't go out during the day, because you can only specify one whole day!

This is so impractical- I understand it is more secure. But not being able to specify a time, not being able to have a weekend day and only being allowed to have more than 1 neighbor take the parcel (because they have to be specified AND have the signed document) is not practical. If my neighbor hadn't broken her leg, I genuinely don't think I would have been able to get my parcel.

Can someone tell me the delivery process for UPS? Because FEDEX sadly won't be an option next time as it's too impractical :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
Eleka

Postby Eleka » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:11 pm

Sammy_Pants wrote:I thought I would add to this thread as I'm having difficulty working out how to get my package from the FEDEX office now it is in the UK.

FEDEX will not deliver on a weekend, and you cannot specify a time. There are no FEDEX offices near me and I don't drive (should have checked- I know).

If you want to get a neighbor to receive the parcel for you, you have to sign the card FEDEX leaves when a failed delivery is made (despite the fact they made me log into the website a week prior to state I didn't want signed delivery and that it would be fine to leave with any of our neighbors). You have to then specify to FEDEX (in less than 34 characters) the location on the FEDEX website. Then hope your neighbor won't go out during the day, because you can only specify one whole day!

This is so impractical- I understand it is more secure. But not being able to specify a time, not being able to have a weekend day and only being allowed to have more than 1 neighbor take the parcel (because they have to be specified AND have the signed document) is not practical. If my neighbor hadn't broken her leg, I genuinely don't think I would have been able to get my parcel.

Can someone tell me the delivery process for UPS? Because FEDEX sadly won't be an option next time as it's too impractical :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Hi Sammy

I'm not sure that UPS is all that much better for UK customer to be honest with you. To date I've had two Bad Dragon orders delivered by UPS and one with FedEx (plus another one due to be delivered by FedEx) and I can't find much to recommend one over the other. The 'My UPS' service would seem to offer greater flexibility in allowing you to arrange your own delivery date, but in practice this doesn't actually work as the UPS website won't let you select a date for any orders that require cash on delivery. When I called UPS to request that my parcel be delivered on a date I could actually stay at home for, I was told they couldn't arrange this until at least one delivery had been attempted, which seems like a pointless waste of the delivery driver's time to me. Even when a delivery had been attempted, I couldn't use the website to specify a new delivery date as it still didn't give me this option; I had to call UPS again to ask them to delivery on my preferred date, which they arranged by sending an e-mail through to my local UPS depot to ask them to hold the parcel for a couple of days.

Also, I've found the UPS that IT systems just don't work quite so well as the FedEx ones. For example when my first UPS order arrived in the UK their tracking website told me "The receiver must pay the duties or taxes due on the package", but didn't actually state what the value of the duty and taxes were - I had to phone up UPS to find out. In contrast when my FedEx parcel arrived in the UK I received a text from FedEx telling me how much I had to pay in duty and taxes and telling me the number to call to pay them. Around the same time I also got a text from FedEx telling me the scheduled day for delivery for my parcel and offering me the option to reschedule if I replied before 11:59 that day. UPS didn't send me a text until the day of delivery, telling me the parcel would be delivered that day, and didn't give me any option for rescheduling (as their IT systems don't allow this for CoD parcels). Furthermore when I asked UPS to hold the parcel for a couple of days after the first failed delivery attempt (which they did), this broke their automated notification and tracking system. I took a Friday off work to wait in for the parcel and by 3pm I was getting really worried as the UPS tracking website just said 'in transit' rather than 'out for deliver' and I hadn't received a text message telling me my parcel would be delivered that day. I was beginning to get really annoyed that I'd taken a day off work for nothing when my parcel turned up around 3:30pm.

As mentioned above, another thing to be aware of if you order through UPS is that they require cash on delivery and for this reason they won't delivery to a neighbor as standard. I believe you can probably pay them over the phone like FedEx, after which they might allow delivery to a neighbor, but I'm not sure about this. To be honest I wouldn't want UPS delivering any of my Bad Dragon orders to my elderly neighbors as the UPS address label list the contents as 'silicon sculptures'. While my neighbors probably wouldn't equate 'silicon sculptures' with being 'dragon dildos', I still wouldn't feel entirely comfortable taking the risk. By contrast the FedEx address label didn't have 'silicon sculptures' printed on it. It did have the import notice on show, but I don't remember this saying anything particularly incriminating.

So, in short, I'm not sure there is a particularly easy way to get your Bad Dragon orders delivered without taking a day off work or arranging for your parcel to be delivered to a helpful neighbor, albeit I'm not sure delivery to a neighbor is even possible if using UPS. Sorry to write such a long post explaining how inconvenient the whole process is rather than offering useful solutions.
:doh:

Maybe someone one of our fellow UK citizens (or is it subjects?) will have some more helpful suggestions.
My Bad Dragon Collection:
► Show Spoiler
Sammy_Pants

Postby Sammy_Pants » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:19 am

Sammy_Pants wrote:I thought I would add to this thread as I'm having difficulty working out how to get my package from the FEDEX office now it is in the UK.

As an update on this, despite doing all of the above. Today I got a note through my door from Fedex saying "thrown over back door" ..... So, actually this was really useful for me personally.... but I am completely confused as to why they sent me so many messages saying that a neighbor needs to give them the delivery card :unamused:

Oh well, the pretty things are here and that is the main thing :stick:
Eleka

Postby Eleka » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:15 pm

Sammy_Pants wrote:
As an update on this, despite doing all of the above. Today I got a note through my door from Fedex saying "thrown over back door" ..... So, actually this was really useful for me personally.... but I am completely confused as to why they sent me so many messages saying that a neighbor needs to give them the delivery card :unamused:

Wait, so they threw your parcel over the back door? As in a back door fence or suchlike? That's pretty shocking if that's the case. I'd be outraged if FedEx threw any of my parcels anywhere.
:bugeyed:
► Show Spoiler
Sammy_Pants

Postby Sammy_Pants » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:39 am

Eleka wrote:
Sammy_Pants wrote:

Wait, so they threw your parcel over the back door? As in a back door fence or suchlike? That's pretty shocking if that's the case. I'd be outraged if FedEx threw any of my parcels anywhere.

Yep, and it had been heavy rain! The only thing that calmed me down, was the new pretty things. When I am properly calm I'm going to complain
Eleka

Postby Eleka » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:05 pm

Sammy_Pants wrote:
Eleka wrote:
Sammy_Pants wrote:

Yep, and it had been heavy rain! The only thing that calmed me down, was the new pretty things. When I am properly calm I'm going to complain

Wow, that's absolutely outrageous. I can see why you'd rather not use FedEx in the future. That definitely merits a complaint.
:angry:
► Show Spoiler
LukeTheLuca

Postby LukeTheLuca » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:02 pm

Hai all ^3^
I'm a British fellow currently residing in the land of Manchester, Looking to maybe make my first BD purchase very soon. I'd love to get into the toys, but I'm gonna do the sensible thing and get some sample discs (Don't wanna get a firm toy if I end up wantin' em soft, or vice versa! :stick: ), as well as some cumlube to test out and all that.
Having recently recieved a package from Japan that was rather tediously valued at just over £15 on the declaration, and having to fork out 11.04GBP in charges to collect it from the local Royal Mail depot, I'm pretty worried that this slightly kinky order could get caught up with the ol' "call FedEx to pay admin fee." malarkey, which would suck living with an overly nosey family and lack of enough social ability to even answer a phone.. >->
With the current 20% off sale, The order of sample discs and a 8oz bottle of CumLube comes to $13.60, which is £10.50. Without the sale, it'd be $17, or £13.13 once converted. Now, looking at how many packages worth MUCH less than that have slipped into my hands with no problems, and assuming that I'm correct, this order shouldn't cause any surprise-in-the-post fees, right? Or is there more to it than that? ;-; Hope someone can confirm ASAP :misc1: ^///^

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”