I need to be soothed BY the savage beast..Help me decide? :)

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Flurrie

I need to be soothed BY the savage beast..Help me decide? :)

Postby Flurrie » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:29 pm

So I'm new to Bad Dragon and I definitely want to try out one of their toys. Problem is... I don't know which one! They all seem so different, which obviously makes for a different experience. I've narrowed it down to a few that I've had my eye on, for many different reasons, which I will explain...

So my number one concern is actually feeling like a DRAGON... or bug... is inside me. ( I plan to use them vaginally.) Just the idea of it really turns me on. So certain ones that seemed too "human-like" had to go... Including the Moko, Duke, Anthro, David, and even the Ridgeback are too bland for me. Cole, Razor, and Vergil are thicker, (having their knots) but it's still too much like an average penis in my opinion.

The second selling point for me was to be able to get one that supports a cum tube. So I'd get a medium. It's something i could handle, but might have to push myself a bit for. I like that. So anyway, I know some people swear by the cum tubes, saying that they can feel it when cumlube shoots out, and personally, that sounds really hot to me and I'd love that. Others say you can't feel a thing. It's not that I'm dry down there (by any means) but even just the idea of it shooting inside me is turning me on as i think about it now... Even just watching it spurt when its out of me is enough. So that option is a definite for me. Whiiiich now cuts out Winston's Tail, the Faerie Dragon, The Tentacle, The Tailstretcher, and the Breeder.

Whew! And we're down to less half of all of them already! :P

So the next thing I'd want is to be able to use the WHOLE toy. I wouldn't want to pay ~$130 just to have it not fit. It would be a bunch of wasted material and money I think. So both of the Chance's are out.

Next would be the head. I like a thick head. I find it very pleasurable when it pushes apart my walls... So any toy with a small head wouldn't do it for me. This means no Gryphon or Xenogon.

So... Now we're down to Clayton, Bruiser, Crackers, Xar, the Naga, and the Seadragon. And this is where I'm stuck. So does anyone have any questions for me that could maybe help me narrow it a bit more? Or want to share you experience with one of these 6? Help would be super greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Also, I've been hearing that some toys have a "matte" texture. What is it? Does it change the experience? Thanks again!
24/Female/Straight ~My Checklist!~
Flurrie

Re: I need to be soothed BY the savage beast..Help me decide

Postby Flurrie » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:26 pm

Okay so I've narrowed it down to Xar, the Seadragon, and Bruiser... I don't know which still. :cry:
Sigma Space

Postby Sigma Space » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:52 pm

Flurrie wrote:Okay so I've narrowed it down to Xar, the Seadragon, and Bruiser... I don't know which still. :cry:

Well, the Seadragon is pretty big and long for a medium toy so you should keep that in mind. As far as matte texture goes, Xars are very smooth while Seadragons tend to have a decent amount of matte. I don't about the Bruiser though. Whether or not you like smooth versus matte is really something you have to find out on your own since some people say they like it while others don't. Personally I do not like the matte but I'm a guy so I use toys anally. Good luck making your final choice :smile:!
Last edited by Sigma Space on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:56 pm

The Seadragon...in a medium, is HUGE. Even the small is huge, and pokes my cervix. The Seadragon also has a matte texture to it, thought I haven't found it to bother me personally, it seems to bother other people. He;s also really hard to knot. It's deceptive. However, those ridges are VERY prominent (more so than Bruiser), I can feel them deep inside me when I thrust, which is a huge plus for me.

Xar...oh MAN I love , LOVE my medium xar! It's probably my favorite toy that I own, but I don't usually take him out a ton cos I have a small capacity vagina. Lengthwise, he's perfect, but he'll give you quite a stretch. (even in a 3 he's hard to manage sometimes) He also has a gloriously smooth texture that I can't get enough of (with enough details after the knot for clit stim)

I have a small Bruiser, and IMO, this one looks pretty normal to me too. He's got a pretty human shaped head to him. In fact, if anyone asks if I use toys/wants to see them, he's the one I usually show people so they don't think I'm too weird xD
However, he is also the one I usually reach for the most because he never leaves me sore the next day, he also has no matte texture. He gives me the best of both worlds. Clit stim with the rings, then right before I cum, I jam that knot inside me. <3

I only use my toys vaginally.
samba1

Postby samba1 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:12 pm

To be honest with you the medium seadragon is a huge toy, both in girth and length, it's more comparable to a large BD toy than it is a medium.

My first toy was a small breeder and my second was the medium seadragon, the Jump in size was gargantuan, he's such a beast that to this day I still cannot take him fully (cannot get past the second set of ridges).

The matte texture is quite pronounced on the medium seadragon considering it was 3D printed, so keep that in mind if you don't like the matte texture.

I heard that the xar is excellent vaginally judging by all the positive reviews from the forums. So I guess I'd recommend the medium xar for you.

Good luck choosing, please tell us what you've gone for in the end.

edit - spelling and grammar
Last edited by samba1 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Feels like years since I just... Sat down
Currently Own:
Medium Breeder in Natural Colour (8 Firmness)
Small Seadragon in Sly Midnight (8 Firmness)
Waiting On:
Nothing
Flurrie

Postby Flurrie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:33 am

Thank you all for your in-depth replies! I did a bit more looking around and measuring the length and girth of the toys and decided to knock out the Seadragon. It DOES seem very long! (Thanks Vitani and samba1!) My cervix is particularly sensitive, so I think i'd be much better off with something wide rather than long. I checked out some videos of the Bruiser, and it seems even longer still! Yikes! So i've decided to go with Xar :lol: I've never had a toy that's even remotely that wide, and am very much looking forward to that experience! As far as the matte texture, I have a better idea of what it all means now. (Thanks Sigma Space!)

So now that I've decided on a design, I have to figure out the hardness. I recently ordered some sample discs from BD to get a better feel for what I'd want. Do you guys happen to know if the sample discs are in the smooth or matte texture? Since I'm a bit sensitive, I don't think I'd go with the 8. I wouldn't want it too soft though, and lose the sensation of, "WOAH, this beast is pushing me apart!" When getting a softer toy, like a 3, are the curves and ridges just as pronounced as the 5? Or is there some loss of friction there? I've read also that the thinner parts of the toy feel squisher compared to the um.. beefier parts. Is that true?

Thanks again for all your time and input! I really appreciate it! ^_^
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:39 am

I had a similar issue when I was interested in getting a Xar.

Having used both a medium xar in a 3 and a 5, I definitely prefer the 3.
Because of his shape and thickness, he does not seem overly floppy for it to be unappealing, and once he's in he feels so much firmer. It's also gentler on you especially if you aren't used to something that thick (like me). I also have no real issues with feeling the details on the base in a 3, since they are pretty pronounced.

I'd also recommend getting a split firmness (if your budget allows) with the shaft being a 3, and the base being a 5 or 8.
Tarukaja

Postby Tarukaja » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:48 am

Flurrie wrote:Thank you all for your in-depth replies! I did a bit more looking around and measuring the length and girth of the toys and decided to knock out the Seadragon. It DOES seem very long! (Thanks Vitani and samba1!) My cervix is particularly sensitive, so I think i'd be much better off with something wide rather than long. I checked out some videos of the Bruiser, and it seems even longer still! Yikes! So i've decided to go with Xar :lol: I've never had a toy that's even remotely that wide, and am very much looking forward to that experience! As far as the matte texture, I have a better idea of what it all means now. (Thanks Sigma Space!)

So now that I've decided on a design, I have to figure out the hardness. I recently ordered some sample discs from BD to get a better feel for what I'd want. Do you guys happen to know if the sample discs are in the smooth or matte texture? Since I'm a bit sensitive, I don't think I'd go with the 8. I wouldn't want it too soft though, and lose the sensation of, "WOAH, this beast is pushing me apart!" When getting a softer toy, like a 3, are the curves and ridges just as pronounced as the 5? Or is there some loss of friction there? I've read also that the thinner parts of the toy feel squisher compared to the um.. beefier parts. Is that true?

Sample discs are matte on top, and smooth on the bottom [though I don't think very many toys are left now that are totally smooth like that]. The Karabos is really thick, even in a 3 it will probably still feel sturdy, I have a small one in a 5 and it's not too squishy, though if you think you might have issues holding onto the base you could get a split firmness toy [I find that softer bases squish up in my hand making it harder to hold; having a suction cup makes this worse; might be something to keep in mind, depending on how you play, maybe I'm too tense XD].
I'd've recommended the Earth Dragon, but that's only because I'm lazy and don't like working up to taking a toy's knot, lol.
Image Female \ Oblivious / Not Looking Image Digimon are the Champions~ | Avatar by Killveous!
TOYS FOR SALE! | Toy Collection! | Tarukaja's Tumbling
Flurrie

Postby Flurrie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:49 am

Vitani wrote:I had a similar issue when I was interested in getting a Xar.

Having used both a medium xar in a 3 and a 5, I definitely prefer the 3.
Because of his shape and thickness, he does not seem overly floppy for it to be unappealing, and once he's in he feels so much firmer. It's also gentler on you especially if you aren't used to something that thick (like me). I also have no real issues with feeling the details on the base in a 3, since they are pretty pronounced.

I'd also recommend getting a split firmness (if your budget allows) with the shaft being a 3, and the base being a 5 or 8.

Yeah, I was talking to my friend about getting a split firmness, mostly because so much of masturbation is mental to me, I want it as realistic as possible. And, considering he's a bug, I'd imagine the base would be hard-ish, considering its his carapace, technically. :) But thank you for your input! I'd consider the 3 now much more than before! I'm gonna wait to get my samples before I make a decision. I'm really getting excited now!

So with the Xar, you can either opt to have him with a cumtube, a suction cup, or neither. BD says it doesn't come with both because of the way he's designed. Do you think It'd be possible for them to attempt it? Would they even? Or would there be a super-high possibility of him flopping?
Last edited by Flurrie on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flurrie

Postby Flurrie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:57 am

Tarukaja wrote:
Flurrie wrote:Thank you all for your in-depth replies! I did a bit more looking around and measuring the length and girth of the toys and decided to knock out the Seadragon. It DOES seem very long! (Thanks Vitani and samba1!) My cervix is particularly sensitive, so I think i'd be much better off with something wide rather than long. I checked out some videos of the Bruiser, and it seems even longer still! Yikes! So i've decided to go with Xar :lol: I've never had a toy that's even remotely that wide, and am very much looking forward to that experience! As far as the matte texture, I have a better idea of what it all means now. (Thanks Sigma Space!)

Sample discs are matte on top, and smooth on the bottom [though I don't think very many toys are left now that are totally smooth like that]. The Karabos is really thick, even in a 3 it will probably still feel sturdy, I have a small one in a 5 and it's not too squishy, though if you think you might have issues holding onto the base you could get a split firmness toy [I find that softer bases squish up in my hand making it harder to hold; having a suction cup makes this worse; might be something to keep in mind, depending on how you play, maybe I'm too tense XD].
I'd've recommended the Earth Dragon, but that's only because I'm lazy and don't like working up to taking a toy's knot, lol.

Oh, that's awesome! BD thinks of everything. lol. My friend and I are sharing the sample discs, and although I'm set on the Xar, (no matte on him) she's unsure still of which one she wants. (and if she prefers matte or not)

I was thinking about Clayton earlier, but decided against it, cuz I like a thick head on my toys. Also, I've never had ridges or bumps on one either, and I'm not sure if it will irritate me inside ;=;

And I'm super curious about trying to "knot" him, as some say its an amazing feeling and I'd love to experience that! I'd love a challenge, and not just a toy that goes in and out easily. I want to work for it! :D
Tarukaja

Postby Tarukaja » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:18 am

Flurrie wrote:
Tarukaja wrote:Sample discs are matte on top, and smooth on the bottom [though I don't think very many toys are left now that are totally smooth like that]. The Karabos is really thick, even in a 3 it will probably still feel sturdy, I have a small one in a 5 and it's not too squishy, though if you think you might have issues holding onto the base you could get a split firmness toy [I find that softer bases squish up in my hand making it harder to hold; having a suction cup makes this worse; might be something to keep in mind, depending on how you play, maybe I'm too tense XD].

Oh, that's awesome! BD thinks of everything. lol. My friend and I are sharing the sample discs, and although I'm set on the Xar, (no matte on him) she's unsure still of which one she wants. (and if she prefers matte or not)

I was thinking about Clayton earlier, but decided against it, cuz I like a thick head on my toys. Also, I've never had ridges or bumps on one either, and I'm not sure if it will irritate me inside ;=;

And I'm super curious about trying to "knot" him, as some say its an amazing feeling and I'd love to experience that! I'd love a challenge, and not just a toy that goes in and out easily. I want to work for it! :D

I was hoping to enjoy the knotted toys too, but for me I just find it boring unless the knot is near the top [I have a medium/3 Ridgeback and he's lots of fun, even if I can't use all of him X3], the Earth Dragon has no matte texture so it's not irritating that way, but yea I guess if you're not sure of the texture it might get uncomfortable, I like it because I can feel it inside, which is kinda neat. The Faerie Dragon has lots of ridgy texture too, but I couldn't get past the knot on the medium one ^^;
Image Female \ Oblivious / Not Looking Image Digimon are the Champions~ | Avatar by Killveous!
TOYS FOR SALE! | Toy Collection! | Tarukaja's Tumbling
Flurrie

Postby Flurrie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:04 pm

Tarukaja wrote:
Flurrie wrote:
Tarukaja wrote:Sample discs are matte on top, and smooth on the bottom [though I don't think very many toys are left now that are totally smooth like that]. The Karabos is really thick, even in a 3 it will probably still feel sturdy, I have a small one in a 5 and it's not too squishy, though if you think you might have issues holding onto the base you could get a split firmness toy [I find that softer bases squish up in my hand making it harder to hold; having a suction cup makes this worse; might be something to keep in mind, depending on how you play, maybe I'm too tense XD].

I was hoping to enjoy the knotted toys too, but for me I just find it boring unless the knot is near the top [I have a medium/3 Ridgeback and he's lots of fun, even if I can't use all of him X3], the Earth Dragon has no matte texture so it's not irritating that way, but yea I guess if you're not sure of the texture it might get uncomfortable, I like it because I can feel it inside, which is kinda neat. The Faerie Dragon has lots of ridgy texture too, but I couldn't get past the knot on the medium one ^^;

What does knotting feel like?
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:10 pm

Flurrie wrote:

A big rush lol.
Takes some pushing and a small amount of stretching pain to start, but then it just pops right in, and leaves you crosseyed. For me vaginally, certain knots push/rub all my favorite spots. The Med Xar and small Bruiser are my favorites for that.
Flurrie

Postby Flurrie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:12 pm

Vitani wrote:
Flurrie wrote:

A big rush lol.
Takes some pushing and a small amount of stretching pain to start, but then it just pops right in, and leaves you crosseyed. For me vaginally, certain knots push/rub all my favorite spots. The Med Xar and small Bruiser are my favorites for that.

Ooooh. Now i'm REALLY excited to try it! :D
Persian

Postby Persian » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:40 pm

Vitani wrote:
Flurrie wrote:

A big rush lol.

And if you pick the Xar, you can grind against the base to feel all those delicious numbs tickling your clit to add even more to your pleasure. :D

I have a Med Xar in 5 and he's quite filling. As for the cumtube, it's very close to where the sucction cup would be so that's probably why they can't make both, they might cut the tube when they are carving the sucction cup or something like that. Personally, I can feel the lube being shot out, especially if you cool or heat it a bit before.
Own
Naga, small, 8, suction cup, surprise me (Black base, purple cock)
David, small, 8, suction cup, surprise me (Dark blue base, red cock)
Xar, medium, 5, cumtube, Artic Ice (Icy blue cock, dark blue base)
Moko, medium, 5, cumtube, surprise me (golden-yellow with gold sparkles)
Clayton, medium, 5, surprise me (Kaki green and emerald cock, burgundy base )

Waiting
Cracker, large, 5, midnight blue
Flurrie

Postby Flurrie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:19 pm

You guys are getting me all worked up about him!!! :glomp: And I thought I'd have to save up for him foreverrrr (unemployed; unless commissions count) but my friend told me they'd help pay for it as a late B-day gift! (Jan. 24th) So I might be able to order him as soon as next week! As far as wait times go from ordering to receiving, how were your experiences? Is it the slow season for BD? I know V-Day is around the corner ;=;
Flurrie

Postby Flurrie » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:55 am

Okay, so I read SOOO many reviews on the forums of the medium Xar. And now i'm completely torn between a soft and a medium firmness for the shaft... From what i've read, the soft is much easier to knot, but the medium's texture is more pronounced. Can anyone speak from experience to help me decide? (Vitani, I know you've owned both firmnesses, and I loved your input!!) :D
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:58 am

I honestly, have no real trouble feeling the textures on my soft Xar.

if you really want, when you order your Xar in split firmness, request that you want the upper shaft and the knot in a 3, but the shaft behind the knot (with the ridges) and the base to be a 5 or 8.
Flurrie

Postby Flurrie » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:59 pm

Vitani wrote:I honestly, have no real trouble feeling the textures on my soft Xar.

if you really want, when you order your Xar in split firmness, request that you want the upper shaft and the knot in a 3, but the shaft behind the knot (with the ridges) and the base to be a 5 or 8.

Okay, I just got my sample discs today! :D WOOT! I was so surprised how soft the 3 was. The discs are only about an inch thick, though. So because the Xar is so thick, does your 3 Xar have the same firmness as the 5 sample disc?
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:46 am

Flurrie wrote:
Vitani wrote:I honestly, have no real trouble feeling the textures on my soft Xar.

Okay, I just got my sample discs today! :D WOOT! I was so surprised how soft the 3 was. The discs are only about an inch thick, though. So because the Xar is so thick, does your 3 Xar have the same firmness as the 5 sample disc?

He's a little squishier, which makes him much easier and more comfortable to knot, but he's not too floppy or anything like most other toys in a 3 are, probably because he's so thick and short. The floppiest part is the shaft behind the knot, but even that isn't too bad.

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”