Getting out of Fedex fees for international packages

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Rainbow Dasher

Re: Getting out of Fedex fees for international packages

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:12 pm

Ah, I see. Unfortunately, I don't believe that's possible for them to do, either. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable about it, and who might stumble in and see this, could tell you more, but I *think* that it's another "this is required by law" thing in play, here, mostly because they're such a large business.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:16 pm

Flin wrote:I know that.

But in Europe, goods for export could be sold excluding VAT (duty-free, like in airports) precisely so that customers do not have to pay twice the same tax.
I don't know if it's possible in USA, but if yes Only BD can do something to sell without tax ( including VAT for domestics sales, excluding VAT for export sales)

Well it's much bigger than BD itself because those deals come from trade agreements between countries. It's out of Bad Dragon's hands.

Also in Europe we are part of the European market/EEC that does have an agreement of you only pay
VAT once in a EU and some EEC countries. Which is why we can get things like that, or why we don't pay import duty between countries that have access to the common market.

We don't have such trade deals with the US.
FNKWB

Postby FNKWB » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:33 am

So I've just bought two black friday deal penetrables, a snowball and a rowan and two bottles of clear cum lube coming to:

Item(s) subtotal: $209.00
Postage & packing: $52.66
Discounts: $0.00
Total: $261.66

I live in the UK.
My delivery by UPS was attempted today, but I've been given a tracking leaflet saying I need to pay £69.96 ($88.51) in fees.

Surely that's not right? On top of this I need to apparently pay cash at the door, which makes it even worse.

Would things have been a lot cheaper with a FedEx account?
Looking to sell:
Medium Lunar Guardian Werewolf in 5 firmness w/SC
Small, Med & XL Crackers All SC'd & Regal Alpha, Med + XL CT'd,
Looking to buy:
Equine Rump, JT the Fox, Anthrotabby Shark, Hazel The Werewolfess, Small Werewolf Wearable, Small Fenir the Wolfdragon, Sml/Med 8/5 Tailstretcher, Cockatrice Lil'squirt, Sml Werewolf 8
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:40 am

FNKWB wrote:So I've just bought two black friday deal penetrables, a snowball and a rowan and two bottles of clear cum lube coming to:

I live in the UK.
My delivery by UPS was attempted today, but I've been given a tracking leaflet saying I need to pay £69.96 ($88.51) in fees.

Surely that's not right? On top of this I need to apparently pay cash at the door, which makes it even worse.

Well everyone charges an "advancement fee" if they pay the customs fee, then you pay them back. It varies a little from company to company, but the fee is roughly £12-13 on top of the 20% VAT.

The FedEx account let's you get rid of the advancement fee, because they take your card details and charge it the customs fee as it comes in. So you just pay the 20% VAT.

It's still a bitch we have to pay customs, because it's not cheap. However you might as well save where you can.
FNKWB

Postby FNKWB » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:54 am

karla-chan wrote:
FNKWB wrote:So I've just bought two black friday deal penetrables, a snowball and a rowan and two bottles of clear cum lube coming to:

I live in the UK.

Well everyone charges an "advancement fee" if they pay the customs fee, then you pay them back. It varies a little from company to company, but the fee is roughly £12-13 on top of the 20% VAT.

The FedEx account let's you get rid of the advancement fee, because they take your card details and charge it the customs fee as it comes in. So you just pay the 20% VAT.

It's still a bitch we have to pay customs, because it's not cheap. However you might as well save where you can.

The VAT I understand.
20% of $261.66 = $52.22 = £41.28, I'm being charged £69.96
I'll be interested to see what this other £28.58/ charge is for.
I mean $88.56 is an entire toy.
Looking to sell:
Looking to buy:
Equine Rump, JT the Fox, Anthrotabby Shark, Hazel The Werewolfess, Small Werewolf Wearable, Small Fenir the Wolfdragon, Sml/Med 8/5 Tailstretcher, Cockatrice Lil'squirt, Sml Werewolf 8
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:03 pm

FNKWB wrote:
karla-chan wrote:

I live in the UK.

The VAT I understand.

You can ask them for a break down, so you know what is fees and what is VAT. So you can see what happened.

Sometimes they don't work out the conversation rates right.
FNKWB

Postby FNKWB » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:35 pm

karla-chan wrote:
FNKWB wrote:
karla-chan wrote:

The VAT I understand.

You can ask them for a break down, so you know what is fees and what is VAT. So you can see what happened.

Sometimes they don't work out the conversation rates right.

So after being on hold with them for half an hour, I finally got through to UPS's contact number to be told that they will not allow me to reschedule a different time, or reschedule a delivery for the weekend, or reschedule to be delivered to a UPS collection point, my nearest one being literally across the road, I can see it across the road and could wave to people from the front door of the flat I'm currently staying in. But no. Because UPS will try to keep delivering it at 10AM each time, I now need to travel an hour to the UPS depo.

Safe to say I will not be using them again. The worst part is I've read the reviews online of this depo and it has all one stars. If they lose my package I'm going to request full compensation including shipping costs.
Looking to sell:
Looking to buy:
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:41 pm

FNKWB wrote:
So after being on hold with them for half an hour, I finally got through to UPS's contact number to be told that they will not allow me to reschedule a different time, or reschedule a delivery for the weekend, or reschedule to be delivered to a UPS collection point, my nearest one being literally across the road, I can see it across the road and could wave to people from the front door of the flat I'm currently staying in. But no. Because UPS will try to keep delivering it at 10AM each time, I now need to travel an hour to the UPS depo.

Safe to say I will not be using them again. The worst part is I've read the reviews online of this depo and it has all one stars. If they lose my package I'm going to request full compensation including shipping costs.

I'm so sorry you have been put under this stress, I actually really hate UPS. They were really terrible with me too.

Hopefully they won't lose it, and it will get to you safe on Monday.
FNKWB

Postby FNKWB » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:52 am

karla-chan wrote:
FNKWB wrote:

I'm so sorry you have been put under this stress, I actually really hate UPS. They were really terrible with me too.

Hopefully they won't lose it, and it will get to you safe on Monday.

Hey it's not your fault, but I appreciate your post. I will see what happens tomorrow. What happened with you?
Looking to sell:
Looking to buy:
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:02 am

FNKWB wrote:
Hey it's not your fault, but I appreciate your post. I will see what happens tomorrow. What happened with you?

It was a sympathetic sorry, because I know how frustrating this kind of thing can be.

What happened with me was UPS decided to deliver a day earlier without telling me, luckily my Dad was in the house. I also got hit by customs, but they didn't tell me that either... Nor did they tell me how much I owe, which is something every other company tends to tell you before they ask for money.

They just showed up to my door, demanding money. Cash not card too.

Which is dodgy as hell, because there is no way to trace it if it goes wrong. There has been cons like that in the past. So once my Dad argued with them over my dragon dick, he luckily had enough in cash and paid them. We then got a very dodgy hand written receipt.

I was seriously unhappy with how they dealt with it as a whole.
FNKWB

Postby FNKWB » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:23 pm

karla-chan wrote:
FNKWB wrote:

It was a sympathetic sorry, because I know how frustrating this kind of thing can be.

What happened with me was UPS decided to deliver a day earlier without telling me, luckily my Dad was in the house. I also got hit by customs, but they didn't tell me that either... Nor did they tell me how much I owe, which is something every other company tends to tell you before they ask for money.

Which is dodgy as hell, because there is no way to trace it if it goes wrong. There has been cons like that in the past. So once my Dad argued with them over my dragon dick, he luckily had enough in cash and paid them. We then got a very dodgy hand written receipt.

That's awkward, did he find out what was inside the box?
I'm really against this whole "show up at the door and demand money" thing. FedEx doesn't do this and at least lets you pay by the invoice they send afterwards. Which helps to keep things discrete.
Looking to sell:
Looking to buy:
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:39 pm

FNKWB wrote:
karla-chan wrote:
FNKWB wrote:

I'm really against this whole "show up at the door and demand money" thing. FedEx doesn't do this and at least lets you pay by the invoice they send afterwards. Which helps to keep things discrete.

Yes he found out, luckily he doesn't care.

I'm really against the showing up at the door asking for money, I was actually offended. I'm pretty sure it's a social no, no in the UK as a whole.

There is so much that can go wrong with that too.

I like that about FedEx too, and if you get an account and they take it from your card as in comes in. They send you an invoice too.
FNKWB

Postby FNKWB » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:32 pm

karla-chan wrote:
FNKWB wrote:
karla-chan wrote:

Yes he found out, luckily he doesn't care.

I'm really against the showing up at the door asking for money, I was actually offended. I'm pretty sure it's a social no, no in the UK as a whole.

There is so much that can go wrong with that too.

I like that about FedEx too, and if you get an account and they take it from your card as in comes in. They send you an invoice too.

Well I'm glad it didn't get you too much into trouble, but I imagine other people have been less fortunate and because of UPS they have gotten caught.
Looking to sell:
Looking to buy:
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:36 pm

Yeah, I'm am adult. My family is not conservative or anything, so there's no issue really. He was annoyed at the money issue at the door though.
Meredi

Postby Meredi » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Reading these posts made me a tad anxious about my order, since I went with UPS. Don't have any experience with... either, really.
Would trying to switch to FedEx be smarter? (I have the slow shipping)
Bi-Curious | Female | 21 | Gamer | Marvel Fanatic | Freelance Artist | Toy Enthusiast
► Show Spoiler
ImagineToothless

Postby ImagineToothless » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:32 pm

I live in Canada and UPS has always been very professional with me. In fact they won't even take cash at the door, and if you can't pay with card right away they'll just send you an invoice so you can pay them later.

That whole situation above sounds sketchy af. In fact I'd be willing to bet it was definitely some third party scam situation.
Toy Collection:
► Show Spoiler

I take art commissions!
Regular Art: http://twitter.com/Marblefang
NSFW Art: http://twitter.com/MarblefangAD
Anera

Postby Anera » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:29 pm

ImagineToothless wrote:I live in Canada and UPS has always been very professional with me. In fact they won't even take cash at the door, and if you can't pay with card right away they'll just send you an invoice so you can pay them later.

That whole situation above sounds sketchy af. In fact I'd be willing to bet it was definitely some third party scam situation.

They used to charge cash at the door, they switch to cards as it was safer for their workers. (as some would be robbed because people know they were carrying cash)

Im also Canadian, and have not had good experience with them :psyduck:
:misc11: Anera || Bi || Taken || Toys/wishlist on profile :misc12:
ActuallyGoodDragon
Gender: a social-psychological construct that does not apply to me, but I have a cock and balls

Postby ActuallyGoodDragon » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:20 pm

All right, FedEx wants a credit card ID, which I don't have (who needs credit cards in this day and age), so I've gone with UPS.

Does anybody have any experience with UPS in Germany? Does having an account with them make things easier in any way?
Lipton

Postby Lipton » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:41 pm

ActuallyGoodDragon wrote:All right, FedEx wants a credit card ID, which I don't have (who needs credit cards in this day and age), so I've gone with UPS.

Does anybody have any experience with UPS in Germany? Does having an account with them make things easier in any way?

UPS wants the money at the door and only accepts cash. The drivers usually don't have much change so better call them first and ask how much you have to pay. No Account needed, neither any real benefit of one.
Toys I want to buy:
- Elypse Art: Neo & Vixen
- BD April Fool Toys: Red Rocket & Fire Hydrant

I'm located in Germany, feel free to send me a message if you're selling one of these.
ActuallyGoodDragon
Gender: a social-psychological construct that does not apply to me, but I have a cock and balls

Postby ActuallyGoodDragon » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:46 pm

So it's enough fees to buy yet another dildo either way and there's no point in using UPS.

Great.

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”