Custom Color Discussion

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
raspberrri

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby raspberrri » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:53 am

I've been considering getting a Pretzal and I want it to look like a vine. A pretty green marble. Maybe an olive green with a yellow? Or the green base and the olive color in between it and the peach on Feathered Serpent. I don't want one of the colors being too much darker than the other, though. I'd like it to look natural.
Any suggestions?
AustinFetish

Postby AustinFetish » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:28 am

Does anyone know the color # used to make that Pepto Bizmol sleipnir that was on the used forums a bit?

It's a darker and more velvety pink than what Fleshy Pink is.
Stretch it .... month by month, year by year.
Luxx

Postby Luxx » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:57 am

raspberrri wrote:I've been considering getting a Pretzal and I want it to look like a vine. A pretty green marble. Maybe an olive green with a yellow? Or the green base and the olive color in between it and the peach on Feathered Serpent. I don't want one of the colors being too much darker than the other, though. I'd like it to look natural.
Any suggestions?

Venus looks like it'd make a good glossy green plant stem to me. Since you can't pick a marble style I'd consider a similar green with maybe a hint of brown or yellow as a pride streak to give it a kind of realism, though YMMV. Maybe olive green with the Venus pride streak, so it looks a bit like the shine is from the sun or something.

Sadly a lot of what I'd personally do to make it look natural, like a very thin brown highlight, can't be done by BD.
katze

Postby katze » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:59 pm

raspberrri wrote:I've been considering getting a Pretzal and I want it to look like a vine. A pretty green marble. Maybe an olive green with a yellow? Or the green base and the olive color in between it and the peach on Feathered Serpent. I don't want one of the colors being too much darker than the other, though. I'd like it to look natural.
Any suggestions?

Have you considered involving peridot green? It has kind of a yellow sheen to it.

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
raspberrri

Postby raspberrri » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:42 pm

Luxx wrote:Venus looks like it'd make a good glossy green plant stem to me. Since you can't pick a marble style I'd consider a similar green with maybe a hint of brown or yellow as a pride streak to give it a kind of realism, though YMMV. Maybe olive green with the Venus pride streak, so it looks a bit like the shine is from the sun or something.

Sadly a lot of what I'd personally do to make it look natural, like a very thin brown highlight, can't be done by BD.

Can they not do highlights on Pretzal?

katze wrote:Have you considered involving peridot green? It has kind of a yellow sheen to it.

Yes, I did! It's a very pretty shade but I'm not sure I want something shimmery for this.
Roverseer2
Banhammered

Postby Roverseer2 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:44 pm

raspberrri wrote:
Luxx wrote:Venus looks like it'd make a good glossy green plant stem to me. Since you can't pick a marble style I'd consider a similar green with maybe a hint of brown or yellow as a pride streak to give it a kind of realism, though YMMV. Maybe olive green with the Venus pride streak, so it looks a bit like the shine is from the sun or something.

BD won't do any highlight color that isn't already offered!
Luxx

Postby Luxx » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm

Roverseer2 wrote:
raspberrri wrote:

Yeah, unfortunately there's a no custom highlights rule. You can have the standard Sloppy Seconds white or Spooky Seconds which is one of their otherwise translucent GITD colours, but otherwise if you want a highlight it has to be part of one of their set colours (Enchanted Apple, Steampunk Stud etc) and those colours can't be modified in any way.
raspberrri

Postby raspberrri » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:02 pm

Luxx wrote:
Roverseer2 wrote:
raspberrri wrote:Can they not do highlights on Pretzal?

Yeah, unfortunately there's a no custom highlights rule. You can have the standard Sloppy Seconds white or Spooky Seconds which is one of their otherwise translucent GITD colours, but otherwise if you want a highlight it has to be part of one of their set colours (Enchanted Apple, Steampunk Stud etc) and those colours can't be modified in any way.

Oooh. Trent's Tops This color has a green highlight, doesn't it? I wonder how that would look on top of a different shade of green or a brown.
Luxx

Postby Luxx » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:06 pm

raspberrri wrote:
Luxx wrote:
Roverseer2 wrote:

Oooh. Trent's Tops This color has a green highlight, doesn't it? I wonder how that would look on top of a different shade of green or a brown.

It does, I thought about it too, but they won't do it. They won't change anything about a colour with a highlight, including the colour it's poured over. Like, if you wanted Enchanted Apple with a different coloured base, that's a no. So's, say, getting Shimmerscale's blue highlight over pink instead. That includes even a minor change to the colour of Trent's shaft under the green.
raspberrri

Postby raspberrri » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:16 pm

Luxx wrote:
raspberrri wrote:
Luxx wrote:

It does, I thought about it too, but they won't do it. They won't change anything about a colour with a highlight, including the colour it's poured over. Like, if you wanted Enchanted Apple with a different coloured base, that's a no. So's, say, getting Shimmerscale's blue highlight over pink instead. That includes even a minor change to the colour of Trent's shaft under the green.

Ahh. That's too bad! :(
Raven

Postby Raven » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:19 pm

raspberrri wrote:
Luxx wrote:
raspberrri wrote:

You can't even remove split base or for example some colors from Opal, sadly.
Female, My toys: (all in soft, details under Spoiler)
Fenrir M, Flint m, Meng O, Mountain Drake O, Nova S, Nox S, Pretzal S, Stan m, Tentacle M
► Show Spoiler
Nightjar23

Postby Nightjar23 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:17 pm

Hi, has anyone here ever seen a marble of All That Glitters and black, or another really dark color? I would love to have this as a custom color on a Pretzal, but I have no idea if it would work! I've only seen photos of All That Glitters marbled with fairly light colors.

(Yay, first post!)
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:33 pm

Nightjar23 wrote:Hi, has anyone here ever seen a marble of All That Glitters and black, or another really dark color? I would love to have this as a custom color on a Pretzal, but I have no idea if it would work! I've only seen photos of All That Glitters marbled with fairly light colors.

(Yay, first post!)

Hiya!

Have a look at the "heavy hitter" coloration
It's not as bright as All That Glitters but should give you an idea what it'll look like
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
raspberrri

Postby raspberrri » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:28 pm

Raven wrote:
raspberrri wrote:
Luxx wrote:It does, I thought about it too, but they won't do it. They won't change anything about a colour with a highlight, including the colour it's poured over. Like, if you wanted Enchanted Apple with a different coloured base, that's a no. So's, say, getting Shimmerscale's blue highlight over pink instead. That includes even a minor change to the colour of Trent's shaft under the green.

You can't even remove split base or for example some colors from Opal, sadly.

I didn't realize they were so strict with customs like that. CS has said no to the vast majority of my ideas before but I thought it was because they were fades.
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:10 pm

If we're talking about limitations, I've recently seen a single colour, solid grey Perry get refused because they couldn't add metallics to make it look silver. So apparently that can't be done, despite having seen metallic penetrables show up in Adoptions, as Surprise's Me's, and during limited edition metallic colourations.
ImageImage Image
Designer of Kage the Anomaly -- Forum / Labs -- Ͼ Art Tumblr Ͽ
Nightjar23

Postby Nightjar23 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:35 pm

lizardbreath wrote:
Nightjar23 wrote:Hi, has anyone here ever seen a marble of All That Glitters and black, or another really dark color? I would love to have this as a custom color on a Pretzal, but I have no idea if it would work! I've only seen photos of All That Glitters marbled with fairly light colors.

(Yay, first post!)

Hiya!

Have a look at the "heavy hitter" coloration
It's not as bright as All That Glitters but should give you an idea what it'll look like

Cool, so it seems like it CAN be done! Thanks!
Gargoyle242

Postby Gargoyle242 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:25 pm

Hows this sound for a Ridley? Geiger black/Grass/Platinum ore
"What we find pleasing to the eye and pleasing to the touch are seldom the same thing" - Fabienne
Fallout Warning

Postby Fallout Warning » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:57 pm

So this is my mock up for my xl roland. (my first xl <3)
Im thinking having it all metallic? With a Halloween black base! What do you think?
Attachments
peeenweeenis.png
peeenweeenis.png (10.05 KiB) Viewed 1841 times
Image Hello, I am a pagan trans person who works at an apothecary. Married poly. Check out my fa Here Feel free to ask me about my collection! :misc8: Now on Dragonmoor as Runboi
Gargoyle242

Postby Gargoyle242 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:44 pm

Gargoyle242 wrote:Hows this sound for a Ridley? Geiger black/Grass/Platinum ore

I changed it up a bit. I went with Venus+the transluscent green from Grass+Platinum Ore. I hope it turns out alright.
"What we find pleasing to the eye and pleasing to the touch are seldom the same thing" - Fabienne
raspberrri

Postby raspberrri » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:14 pm

Two different options I'm considering for a vine-inspired Pretzal.

2.png
2.png (13.21 KiB) Viewed 1812 times
1.png
1.png (13.45 KiB) Viewed 1812 times

I pulled the colors from Pretzal's light natural and Feathered Serpent. I think I'm leaning towards the green with the green-brown since climbing vines are usually brownish with green leaves. I would switch the colors around but I don't really want a primarily brown/dark toy. It's too bad they won't do fades on Pretzal anymore since that light natural is pretty vine-like. :/
I kind of like Lily's Clever Girl coloration, too, but I think it might be too dark for my tastes and the preview image and stock image colors are so different it has me concerned. And I still haven't to decide if I want a metallic or not.. because metallic isn't very vine-like but it's so pretty. ;n;

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”