Custom Color Discussion

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
lizardbreath

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby lizardbreath » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:15 am

raspberrri wrote:Two different options I'm considering for a vine-inspired Pretzal.

1.png
2.png

I pulled the colors from Pretzal's light natural and Feathered Serpent. I think I'm leaning towards the green with the green-brown since climbing vines are usually brownish with green leaves. I would switch the colors around but I don't really want a primarily brown/dark toy. It's too bad they won't do fades on Pretzal anymore since that light natural is pretty vine-like. :/
I kind of like Lily's Clever Girl coloration, too, but I think it might be too dark for my tastes and the preview image and stock image colors are so different it has me concerned. And I still haven't to decide if I want a metallic or not.. because metallic isn't very vine-like but it's so pretty. ;n;

what about the crocodile tears color?
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:16 am

Gargoyle242 wrote:
Gargoyle242 wrote:Hows this sound for a Ridley? Geiger black/Grass/Platinum ore

I changed it up a bit. I went with Venus+the transluscent green from Grass+Platinum Ore. I hope it turns out alright.

cool!
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:49 am

raspberrri wrote:
I pulled the colors from Pretzal's light natural and Feathered Serpent. I think I'm leaning towards the green with the green-brown since climbing vines are usually brownish with green leaves. I would switch the colors around but I don't really want a primarily brown/dark toy. It's too bad they won't do fades on Pretzal anymore since that light natural is pretty vine-like. :/

Did you ticket CS about Pretzels Dark Natural? Just because most options aren't there doesn't mean they can't be requested. I know Pretzel could support fades on request* a couple months ago.

*Have to accept it however it comes out.
Gargoyle242

Postby Gargoyle242 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:31 am

I changed my mind. I didn't think all that green would look best on Ridley, so I went with Lizzardbreath's Echo coloration of diamond+stormy grey+geiger green. I felt that would be more fitting on Ridley(plus it looks badass!). I may do the venus/grass/silver on a Terra or something later.
"What we find pleasing to the eye and pleasing to the touch are seldom the same thing" - Fabienne
stuck-on-the-knot1

Postby stuck-on-the-knot1 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:54 am

Fallout Warning wrote:So this is my mock up for my xl roland. (my first xl <3)
Im thinking having it all metallic? With a Halloween black base! What do you think?

It looks beautiful! I think having all metallic with that base color would look absolutely magnificent!~ :widesmile:

raspberrri wrote:Two different options I'm considering for a vine-inspired Pretzal.

I kind of like Lily's Clever Girl coloration, too, but I think it might be too dark for my tastes and the preview image and stock image colors are so different it has me concerned. And I still haven't to decide if I want a metallic or not.. because metallic isn't very vine-like but it's so pretty. ;n;

I think the first one looks very nice and very vine like! I think it would look beautiful! :smile:
Female 22 Pansexual Taken Polyamorous Furry Pokemaniac Whovian Rock Music Lover Food Lover

Currently own : 26 toys (Toy list on Profile)

Don't be afraid to send a PM!~ I love talking with people and making friends
Gargoyle242

Postby Gargoyle242 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:39 am

Pretzal would look really good with Trent's signature. The head in the stock photo looks almost wood grain, with an olive green down the rest of it. I'm sure that counts as a fade and thus wouldn't be possible on Pretzal, but just wanted to throw that out there.
"What we find pleasing to the eye and pleasing to the touch are seldom the same thing" - Fabienne
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Gargoyle242 wrote:

Pretzal would look really good with Trent's signature. The head in the stock photo looks almost wood grain, with an olive green down the rest of it. I'm sure that counts as a fade and thus wouldn't be possible on Pretzal, but just wanted to throw that out there.

Trent's signature is beautiful in person! It's not a fade, though, it's a split with a highlight. They MIGHT say yes if you just order the shaft color from it, though. Pretzel doesn't support splits now either as far as I remember, but they might accommodate just the shaft color. Last I heard, you could still order Pretzel's old colors. You just have to ticket, pay a bit more (standard price rather than special price, so what you'd pay for a custom anyway), and accept it however it comes out.
raspberrri

Postby raspberrri » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:41 pm

Amaranthe wrote:
Gargoyle242 wrote:

Trent's signature is beautiful in person! It's not a fade, though, it's a split with a highlight. They MIGHT say yes if you just order the shaft color from it, though. Pretzel doesn't support splits now either as far as I remember, but they might accommodate just the shaft color. Last I heard, you could still order Pretzel's old colors. You just have to ticket, pay a bit more (standard price rather than special price, so what you'd pay for a custom anyway), and accept it however it comes out.

It's good to know Trent's signature is prettier in person! I wasn't so sure about it based on the stock image.
I tried asking CS fairly recently if they would do fades and Pretzal and was told no, but I didn't ask about it's old colors in specific. The problem now is there're some Pretzals in adoptions I really like. :X
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:24 pm

Gargoyle242 wrote:I changed my mind. I didn't think all that green would look best on Ridley, so I went with Lizzardbreath's Echo coloration of diamond+stormy grey+geiger green. I felt that would be more fitting on Ridley(plus it looks badass!). I may do the venus/grass/silver on a Terra or something later.

I'm just a terrible influence :widesmile:
Pretzal queen!!
[
Gargoyle242

Postby Gargoyle242 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:18 am

lizardbreath wrote:
Gargoyle242 wrote:I changed my mind. I didn't think all that green would look best on Ridley, so I went with Lizzardbreath's Echo coloration of diamond+stormy grey+geiger green. I felt that would be more fitting on Ridley(plus it looks badass!). I may do the venus/grass/silver on a Terra or something later.

If by terrible you mean wonderful! Would you agree though, that the Venus/grass combo would look better on a Terra?
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:24 am

:widesmile:
Gargoyle242 wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:

If by terrible you mean wonderful! Would you agree though, that the Venus/grass combo would look better on a Terra?

Ooo! Pride streak!
Pretzal queen!!
[
Gargoyle242

Postby Gargoyle242 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:27 am

lizardbreath wrote::widesmile:
Gargoyle242 wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:I'm just a terrible influence :widesmile:

Ooo! Pride streak!

Yes! Or even a pride streak of Geiger green and the transluscent green from grass.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:21 am

raspberrri wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:
Gargoyle242 wrote:Pretzal would look really good with Trent's signature. The head in the stock photo looks almost wood grain, with an olive green down the rest of it. I'm sure that counts as a fade and thus wouldn't be possible on Pretzal, but just wanted to throw that out there.

It's good to know Trent's signature is prettier in person! I wasn't so sure about it based on the stock image.
I tried asking CS fairly recently if they would do fades and Pretzal and was told no, but I didn't ask about it's old colors in specific. The problem now is there're some Pretzals in adoptions I really like. :X

Oh, no! Would the ones from adoptions be something they wouldn't do as a custom? That might help you decide. Also I guess consider how committed you are to the vine idea. I can try to take some pictures of my Trent's shaft if you want to see it in natural light, if that would help. I'm wondering if a marble of the bronze and green in that color would suit your idea? They're both metallic and the green looks pretty bright, but it has that sort of organic feel.
Dreaming Heart

Postby Dreaming Heart » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:43 am

Hey guys!
So I plan on getting a small Clayton the next time I order from BD. I've known for a while that if I were to get a Clayton, I would want it based on some sort of gem. I've been having trouble deciding on which one to choose, though, since there are so many pretty gems out there!

I have a couple of ideas, but I'm still not 100% sure how to execute them, so any input would be greatly appreciated!

First up, Rose Quartz:
► Show Spoiler
I was thinking of doing a marble, but I'm not sure what would work best. Possibly Blossom Pink and Diamond? I don't know.

Another idea I had sprung from the fact that BD's Jupiter color reminded me of....something, which I couldn't quite place my finger on, until I realized it was this!
► Show Spoiler
I believe it's called "Fairy Quartz," or something like that. I saw it at a gem and mineral show once. I'm not sure whether it would be best to get it in plain Jupiter, or perhaps marble it with something to make it more interesting? I've been seeing some lovely Jupiter/Amethyst combinations around lately, so maybe that? Something subtle....

Labradorite would be really cool too, but I can't even begin to think of how to pull that one off....
Ann ✩ 23 ✩ Demisexual Lesbian
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:57 am

Dreaming Heart wrote:Hey guys!
So I plan on getting a small Clayton the next time I order from BD. I've known for a while that if I were to get a Clayton, I would want it based on some sort of gem. I've been having trouble deciding on which one to choose, though, since there are so many pretty gems out there!

I have a couple of ideas, but I'm still not 100% sure how to execute them, so any input would be greatly appreciated!

First up, Rose Quartz:
► Show Spoiler
I was thinking of doing a marble, but I'm not sure what would work best. Possibly Blossom Pink and Diamond? I don't know.

Another idea I had sprung from the fact that BD's Jupiter color reminded me of....something, which I couldn't quite place my finger on, until I realized it was this!
► Show Spoiler
I believe it's called "Fairy Quartz," or something like that. I saw it at a gem and mineral show once. I'm not sure whether it would be best to get it in plain Jupiter, or perhaps marble it with something to make it more interesting? I've been seeing some lovely Jupiter/Amethyst combinations around lately, so maybe that? Something subtle....

Labradorite would be really cool too, but I can't even begin to think of how to pull that one off....

Jasmine got a Rose Quartz Trent and it's really pretty: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=30389&p=1187525&hilit=trent#p1187525

For your Fairy Quartz, I got a Jupiter and Peridot White Anthrodragon. It's very pretty and a nice subtle marble. That might work well (sorry for the meh lighting).
100_8539.JPG
Gargoyle242

Postby Gargoyle242 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:22 am

Dreaming Heart wrote:Hey guys!

First up, Rose Quartz:
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

I totally agree that Clayton should resemble some kind of gem! I just ordered a large in Peridot.
For rose quartz, perhaps blossom pink marbled with unity pink(the transluscent part)? Blossom with diamond would also pull off that look IMO.
For the fairy quartz(beautiful stone BTW), maybe marble opal with jupiter or something? Fairy quartz seems to have a metallic rainbow look to it.
An azurite & malachite Clayton would look good too.
► Show Spoiler
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:43 am

Dreaming Heart wrote: :words:

I, too, have lusted after the idea of a labrodorite Clayton. If I ever come up with a color combo that might work, I'll post it!

As for the fairy quartz, I think a marble of the translucent color from Unity Pink, Jupiter, and a bright teal color could work! Or maybe Unity Pink translucent, Diamond, and bright teal. :misc2:
raspberrri

Postby raspberrri » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:47 pm

Amaranthe wrote:Oh, no! Would the ones from adoptions be something they wouldn't do as a custom? That might help you decide. Also I guess consider how committed you are to the vine idea. I can try to take some pictures of my Trent's shaft if you want to see it in natural light, if that would help. I'm wondering if a marble of the bronze and green in that color would suit your idea? They're both metallic and the green looks pretty bright, but it has that sort of organic feel.

I actually did end up snagging one of the ones from adoptions. It was a flop and with the coupon code it ended up being pretty affordable. It's a pink and purple monstrosity, honestly, but I'm really going for a tentacle feel and it reminds me of a hentai tentacle.
I'd still like to get a vine-like one in the future if I like the model, so I'd love to see a picture of your Trent in natural light if you don't mind!
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:06 pm

raspberrri wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:Oh, no! Would the ones from adoptions be something they wouldn't do as a custom? That might help you decide. Also I guess consider how committed you are to the vine idea. I can try to take some pictures of my Trent's shaft if you want to see it in natural light, if that would help. I'm wondering if a marble of the bronze and green in that color would suit your idea? They're both metallic and the green looks pretty bright, but it has that sort of organic feel.

I actually did end up snagging one of the ones from adoptions. It was a flop and with the coupon code it ended up being pretty affordable. It's a pink and purple monstrosity, honestly, but I'm really going for a tentacle feel and it reminds me of a hentai tentacle.
I'd still like to get a vine-like one in the future if I like the model, so I'd love to see a picture of your Trent in natural light if you don't mind!

Oh, cool! I'll post pics when I get home later.
Gargoyle242

Postby Gargoyle242 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:54 pm

Many thanks to Lizzardbreath for her wonderful ghost marble ideas, and for suggesting uber diamond over regular diamond! My Ghost Chimera turned out amazing! Here's a sample, more picks in the "Show me your Chimera" thread.
https://forums.bad-dragon.com/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=23196
20170415_111616.jpg

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”