Custom Color Discussion

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
User avatar
lizardbreath
Posts: 3448
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:06 pm
Gender: female
Location: pgh, pa

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby lizardbreath » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:22 pm

Gargoyle242 wrote:Many thanks to Lizzardbreath for her wonderful ghost marble ideas, and for suggesting uber diamond over regular diamond! My Ghost Chimera turned out amazing! Here's a sample, more picks in the "Show me your Chimera" thread.
https://forums.bad-dragon.com/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=23196
20170415_111616.jpg

Damn! That's a pretty one!!
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
User avatar
Fae Fantase
Posts: 3805
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:29 pm
Gender: Female/20's/love for all genders

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Fae Fantase » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:43 pm

Gargoyle242 wrote:Many thanks to Lizzardbreath for her wonderful ghost marble ideas, and for suggesting uber diamond over regular diamond! My Ghost Chimera turned out amazing! Here's a sample, more picks in the "Show me your Chimera" thread.
https://forums.bad-dragon.com/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=23196
20170415_111616.jpg

Love this one's colors! Congrats :widesmile:.

I've posted this elsewhere. Yet here's the result of my custom Unity Black's metallic color/Heavy Hitter's gold/Sloppy Seconds highlight toy.
Image
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
User avatar
Amaranthe
Posts: 2466
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:10 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Amaranthe » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:23 pm

raspberrri wrote:I'd still like to get a vine-like one in the future if I like the model, so I'd love to see a picture of your Trent in natural light if you don't mind!

Here you go!

20170415_102416.jpg

20170415_102431.jpg


The green highlight over the bronzy color makes it look olive, with little areas of green standing out. I don't know if that would fit quite what you had in mind (maybe not enough green?) but it does remind me of plants. Hopefully that helps one way or the other! :misc3: :smilenox:

Edit: Let me know if everyone can see at least two different pictures. If not, I can try it again. I have no idea what's up with it. It's displaying weird on my end. :psyduck:
Edit again: Fixed it :psyduck:
User avatar
raspberrri
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:54 am
Gender: Female
Location: Wonderland

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby raspberrri » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:28 am

Amaranthe wrote:
raspberrri wrote:I'd still like to get a vine-like one in the future if I like the model, so I'd love to see a picture of your Trent in natural light if you don't mind!

Here you go!

20170415_102416.jpg

20170415_102431.jpg


The green highlight over the bronzy color makes it look olive, with little areas of green standing out. I don't know if that would fit quite what you had in mind (maybe not enough green?) but it does remind me of plants. Hopefully that helps one way or the other! :misc3: :smilenox:

Edit: Let me know if everyone can see at least two different pictures. If not, I can try it again. I have no idea what's up with it. It's displaying weird on my end. :psyduck:
Edit again: Fixed it :psyduck:


I see two different pictures. And it looks way prettier than in the stock photos. Thanks so much for sharing! :)
User avatar
Dreaming Heart
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 3:58 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Maine

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Dreaming Heart » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:14 am

vixenvega wrote:Jasmine got a Rose Quartz Trent and it's really pretty: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=30389&p=1187525&hilit=trent#p1187525

For your Fairy Quartz, I got a Jupiter and Peridot White Anthrodragon. It's very pretty and a nice subtle marble. That might work well (sorry for the meh lighting).
100_8539.JPG

Oh wow, that Trent is amazing!! 8'O She even listed the colors she used, which is super helpful! If I just took away the gold, I might just have the perfect rose quartz for me! Thank you! <3

Your Anthrodragon is gorgeous, too! <3 The pearly white makes it look a lot more like real fairy quartz, so that's a definite possibility! The Peridot White could also work for the white in the Rose Quartz, too! Yeee, I have so many more ideas now! Thank you so much for your help! <3

Gargoyle242 wrote:I totally agree that Clayton should resemble some kind of gem! I just ordered a large in Peridot.
For rose quartz, perhaps blossom pink marbled with unity pink(the transluscent part)? Blossom with diamond would also pull off that look IMO.
For the fairy quartz(beautiful stone BTW), maybe marble opal with jupiter or something? Fairy quartz seems to have a metallic rainbow look to it.
An azurite & malachite Clayton would look good too.
► Show Spoiler

Ooooh, I bet that's going to look really nice! Peridot is one of my favorite BD birthstone colors. I hope you end up loving it once it arrives! :3

Oh hey, now that's an idea, I hadn't thought of that! I'll have to study it more closely, it's a little hard to tell from photos what it would look like in person. I wish there were some pictures that showed off that translucent part better. :(

Oh god. That would look AMAZING! Absolutely BRILLIANT idea! Do...do you think they'd do that? Something tells me that they probably wouldn't, which sucks because this is now officially my favorite idea. ;~; I think they've been pretty reluctant to alter Opal at all in the past. I might have to ask anyway, because it's just such an amazing idea and I can't get it out of my head....

Ooooh, those are so pretty! Gah, why do there have to be so many pretty gems out there? ;-;

Amaranthe wrote:I, too, have lusted after the idea of a labrodorite Clayton. If I ever come up with a color combo that might work, I'll post it!

As for the fairy quartz, I think a marble of the translucent color from Unity Pink, Jupiter, and a bright teal color could work! Or maybe Unity Pink translucent, Diamond, and bright teal. :misc2:

Labradorite is definitely one of my favorite minerals! I'm thinking I'll probably go the rose or fairy quartz route, but if you ever come up with a Labradorite Clayton, I would LOVE to see it! Especially if you get it made! :'D

Ooooohh, that sounds really neat! I'll have to download one of those coloring templates and fire up Photoshop to see how that looks! :D Thanks!
Ann ✩ 23 ✩ Demisexual Lesbian
User avatar
vixenvega
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:04 am

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby vixenvega » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:04 am

Dreaming Heart wrote: :misc3:

I love that Trent, it's so pretty!

Thank you! Just so you know, the Peridot White has a green metallic sheen to it which is why I paired it with the Jupiter. It could look really nice with pink for a quartz, but just be aware if you don't want that finish to it.
Unfortunately, they won't do anything with Opal. Changing it in any way makes it a custom highlight and they won't do it. You could have them use the colors from it to make up what you want but it'll be without that silver overlay. That's a shame, because that would be perfect.
There's also Knottery's Elden here: viewtopic.php?f=126&t=49075&p=1200831&hilit=elden#p1200831
It's more sunset than stone maybe, but it has the colors.
The suggestion for the Unity Purple is good too! That has a blue sheen to it and is really nice.
User avatar
Amaranthe
Posts: 2466
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:10 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Amaranthe » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:44 am

Dreaming Heart wrote:Labradorite is definitely one of my favorite minerals! I'm thinking I'll probably go the rose or fairy quartz route, but if you ever come up with a Labradorite Clayton, I would LOVE to see it! Especially if you get it made! :'D

Ooooohh, that sounds really neat! I'll have to download one of those coloring templates and fire up Photoshop to see how that looks! :D Thanks!

I definitely will post if I ever figure it out! And you're welcome! Everyone had really great ideas for color combos. I'm excited to see what you end up with if/when you figure out what to order!

raspberrri wrote:I see two different pictures. And it looks way prettier than in the stock photos. Thanks so much for sharing! :)

No problem! :misc3:
User avatar
Dreaming Heart
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 3:58 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Maine

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Dreaming Heart » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:14 pm

vixenvega wrote:I love that Trent, it's so pretty!

Thank you! Just so you know, the Peridot White has a green metallic sheen to it which is why I paired it with the Jupiter. It could look really nice with pink for a quartz, but just be aware if you don't want that finish to it.
Unfortunately, they won't do anything with Opal. Changing it in any way makes it a custom highlight and they won't do it. You could have them use the colors from it to make up what you want but it'll be without that silver overlay. That's a shame, because that would be perfect.
There's also Knottery's Elden here: viewtopic.php?f=126&t=49075&p=1200831&hilit=elden#p1200831
It's more sunset than stone maybe, but it has the colors.
The suggestion for the Unity Purple is good too! That has a blue sheen to it and is really nice.

Ohhhh, that's good to know then, thanks for the heads-up! I'm looking for something with more of a neutral or pink sheen for the rose quartz. It still looks fantastic with the Jupiter though!

Yeah, I was 99% sure that would be the case. D': It really is a shame, but I can certainly understand it, seeing as it would be a very complex pour. On the bright side, if it had been doable, it would surely have been very expensive, so I guess this means I'll at least save some money. ;v; Thanks for confirming it for me so I didn't have to go and embarrass myself by asking CS about it, haha! ;;

Hnnnnngg, that Elden! <3 I love those colors! Knottery's collection is truly a thing of beauty! :blush: *sigh*

Amaranthe wrote:I definitely will post if I ever figure it out! And you're welcome! Everyone had really great ideas for color combos. I'm excited to see what you end up with if/when you figure out what to order!

Awesome, that's great to know, I'll keep an eye out! :D I hope you do figure it out at some point, because I'm positive that it would look amazing! ^^

They really do, there are so many creative people here who have a great eye for color. :'D Thank you, I will absolutely share pictures once I have the final product in my hands! I'm very determined to have this idea come to fruition, so it's only a matter of time! ;3
Ann ✩ 23 ✩ Demisexual Lesbian
User avatar
Phelvia
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:01 am
Gender: I sexually identify as an attack helicopter

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Phelvia » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:02 pm

Trying to figure out colors for a Fenrir. He can't support splits at all right? Or fades?
User avatar
katze
Posts: 2257
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:05 pm
Gender: female/idc
Location: CA

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby katze » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:16 pm

Phelvia wrote:Trying to figure out colors for a Fenrir. He can't support splits at all right? Or fades?


No splits, I asked CS once. Might be able to support fades, since his signature is one.
Image

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
User avatar
lizardbreath
Posts: 3448
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:06 pm
Gender: female
Location: pgh, pa

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby lizardbreath » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:28 am

Image

heeeeyyyyyyyyy
sleipnir with that as a pride streak

think it'll look like lapis?
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
User avatar
lizardbreath
Posts: 3448
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:06 pm
Gender: female
Location: pgh, pa

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby lizardbreath » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:56 am

Meep :bugeyed: :surprised:
Attachments
IMG_0640.JPG
IMG_0640.JPG (47.92 KiB) Viewed 1703 times
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Watervixen
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:00 am

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Watervixen » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:59 am

lizardbreath wrote:Meep :bugeyed: :surprised:

:bugeyed: What did you do?
:smilenox: You can never have too many Bad Dragon! :widesmile:
72 toys
Top favs atm out of 54 types :excited:
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
lizardbreath
Posts: 3448
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:06 pm
Gender: female
Location: pgh, pa

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby lizardbreath » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:08 am

Watervixen wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:Meep :bugeyed: :surprised:

:bugeyed: What did you do?

Either my camera is broken or there is more than one color of spooky seconds on my new ridley :bugeyed:
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Watervixen
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:00 am

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Watervixen » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:26 am

lizardbreath wrote:
Watervixen wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:Meep :bugeyed: :surprised:

:bugeyed: What did you do?

Either my camera is broken or there is more than one color of spooky seconds on my new ridley :bugeyed:

:bugeyed: Maybe ask BadDragon? :bugeyed:
:smilenox: You can never have too many Bad Dragon! :widesmile:
72 toys
Top favs atm out of 54 types :excited:
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Roverseer2
Banhammered
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:36 pm

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Roverseer2 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:41 am

Watervixen wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:
Watervixen wrote: :bugeyed: What did you do?

Either my camera is broken or there is more than one color of spooky seconds on my new ridley :bugeyed:

:bugeyed: Maybe ask BadDragon? :bugeyed:


... if the camera might be broken, wouldn't you be able to see the difference with your eyes? :stick:
User avatar
Laz
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:43 pm
Gender: Nonbinary

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Laz » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:50 pm

lizardbreath wrote:Meep :bugeyed: :surprised:


I wonder if they would do this custom. :bugeyed:
Your polyamorous dragon pal! Memory like a leaky sieve! :mystery:
User avatar
Phelvia
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:01 am
Gender: I sexually identify as an attack helicopter

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Phelvia » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:21 pm

lizardbreath wrote:
Watervixen wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:Meep :bugeyed: :surprised:

:bugeyed: What did you do?

Either my camera is broken or there is more than one color of spooky seconds on my new ridley :bugeyed:


Was that an adoption? :surprised:
That's amazing, I wonder if they do that as a custom.
User avatar
lizardbreath
Posts: 3448
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:06 pm
Gender: female
Location: pgh, pa

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby lizardbreath » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:27 pm

Phelvia wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:
Watervixen wrote: :bugeyed: What did you do?

Either my camera is broken or there is more than one color of spooky seconds on my new ridley :bugeyed:


Was that an adoption? :surprised:
That's amazing, I wonder if they do that as a custom.

That was a custom.
I asked for spooky seconds but didn't say what color

I love it!
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
User avatar
junebug19
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:44 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby junebug19 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:09 pm

Just curious for anyone that might have a toy with Diamond or Uber Diamond and Whore Red. I was thinking of getting both of these on a toy as a fade, but I'm not sure which white color would better match the Red. I like the way the Uber looks more then the regular Diamond, but based on the few pictures I've seen it seems like it would overwhelm/detract from the red because of all the sparkles (or whatever it is in there that makes it so bright when photographed). On the other hand regular Diamond always looks so bland and milky in the promo pictures. Is there any sparkle/iridescence in it? Any pictures or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests