Custom Color Discussion

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Gargoyle242

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Gargoyle242 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:27 pm

They both have that blue sheen, but it's more intense with the uber. I would think the uber would look good with whore red. You may even get some purple where the 2 meet. But yes, the regular diamond has the blue sheen, it just doesn't show up in pics too well, and it's not has vivid as with the uber.
"What we find pleasing to the eye and pleasing to the touch are seldom the same thing" - Fabienne
Raven

Postby Raven » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:38 pm

junebug19 wrote:Just curious for anyone that might have a toy with Diamond or Uber Diamond and Whore Red. I was thinking of getting both of these on a toy as a fade, but I'm not sure which white color would better match the Red. I like the way the Uber looks more then the regular Diamond, but based on the few pictures I've seen it seems like it would overwhelm/detract from the red because of all the sparkles (or whatever it is in there that makes it so bright when photographed). On the other hand regular Diamond always looks so bland and milky in the promo pictures. Is there any sparkle/iridescence in it? Any pictures or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

There are also more metallic whites! I think that base from Absolute Zero would go great with it. There is also Celestial Light if you would want something a little bit more translucent.
Female, My toys: (all in soft, details under Spoiler)
Fenrir M, Flint m, Meng O, Mountain Drake O, Nova S, Nox S, Pretzal S, Stan m, Tentacle M
► Show Spoiler
junebug19

Postby junebug19 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:18 pm

Gargoyle242 wrote:They both have that blue sheen, but it's more intense with the uber. I would think the uber would look good with whore red. You may even get some purple where the 2 meet. But yes, the regular diamond has the blue sheen, it just doesn't show up in pics too well, and it's not has vivid as with the uber.

Oh, that's good to know. I'm hoping to avoid any purple (this is supposed to be based on a certain shark prince character and the purple wouldn't work for that). Sounds like between the two the regular Diamond would be better since it's less vivid.

Raven wrote:There are also more metallic whites! I think that base from Absolute Zero would go great with it. There is also Celestial Light if you would want something a little bit more translucent.

Oh wow, Absolute Zero looks like it might be a better choice than either of my original options. Thank you for the suggestion! :widesmile:
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:59 pm

Amaranthe wrote:
Dreaming Heart wrote: :words:

Labradorite would be really cool too, but I can't even begin to think of how to pull that one off....

I, too, have lusted after the idea of a labrodorite Clayton. If I ever come up with a color combo that might work, I'll post it!

So I've been thinking a lot about the labrodorite coloration lately, and I think I might have something that would work okay for it, but I'm having trouble visualizing it.
How about one of the semi-translucent grey colors, like the one from the lightening coloration from the Super Effective promotion, paired with a metallic version of the blue color from Turquoise (or maybe a custom blue-green metallic instead), with a hint of gold or a metallic tan?

I was looking at all kinds of color palettes created from labrodorite, as well as pictures of labrodorite itself, and that's the best I got. :sniffing: It's difficult to really capture because of how unique it is! I think grey would be better than black or a dark blue to represent the darker parts of the stone, and I tried limiting the idea to 3 colors since I'm not even sure if they would do a 4 color marble on a mini or small Clayton, which is what I would order.

If anyone is particularly taken by this idea, please feel free to steal it and post the results! I bet it would look good on a Pretzel or an Apollo as well.
Fush

Postby Fush » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:31 pm

Sticking my head in here to ask a quick question XD Is it possible to order a custom aurora coloring? I just saw it today and man I am in love with it. Everything needs to be in that neon ribbony rainbow coloring XD. i was looking at another custom coloring job for my Ika i am looking at ordering next week but just but if theres a hint of a chance for my rainbow glore i will leap for it. @[email protected]
katze

Postby katze » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:34 pm

Fush wrote:Sticking my head in here to ask a quick question XD Is it possible to order a custom aurora coloring? I just saw it today and man I am in love with it. Everything needs to be in that neon ribbony rainbow coloring XD. i was looking at another custom coloring job for my Ika i am looking at ordering next week but just but if theres a hint of a chance for my rainbow glore i will leap for it. @[email protected]

Unfortunately not.

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
Fush

Postby Fush » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:41 pm

katze wrote:
Fush wrote:Sticking my head in here to ask a quick question XD Is it possible to order a custom aurora coloring? I just saw it today and man I am in love with it. Everything needs to be in that neon ribbony rainbow coloring XD. i was looking at another custom coloring job for my Ika i am looking at ordering next week but just but if theres a hint of a chance for my rainbow glore i will leap for it. @[email protected]

Unfortunately not.

That kind of sucks since from my knowledge good rainbow colorings isnt easy to find. Unless theres a custom coloring we can get and I dont know about it. or is rainbow just special?
Roverseer2
Banhammered

Postby Roverseer2 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:49 pm

Fush wrote:
katze wrote:

Unfortunately not.

That kind of sucks since from my knowledge good rainbow colorings isnt easy to find. Unless theres a custom coloring we can get and I dont know about it. or is rainbow just special?

The auroras drop randomly in adoptions. Exotic Erotics will allow something similar as a custom color, if any of their models appeal to you, and KuduVoodoo on Etsy has a pretty neat rainbow coloration with white or black!
Fush

Postby Fush » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:41 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:
Fush wrote:
katze wrote:
Unfortunately not.

There is spectrum and split spectrum, which are rainbows in general.

oh thats cool XD i wonder if they can marble that on request XD it seems simple enough to marble something lol. I might be making a list of questions for them to ask lol. so theres hope :)
Dreaming Heart

Postby Dreaming Heart » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:21 am

Amaranthe wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Hmmm! For the gray, maybe you could try Stormy Gray, except have them add pearlescence/metallics to it? For the blue-green, you could try the blue from Water, or maybe Aquamarine....If you did end up wanting to try to get some of the darker/cobalt blue in there, you could try one of the blues from Sapphire (lighter might be best). And for the gold/tan, I think the gold/glittery part from Heavy Hitter would look great! You could also try All That Glitters, Pot o' Gold, or maybe the coppery color from Turquoise (Treasure's Gleam might also work, but it looks to me like it might be too yellow). Or any combination of any of those things + the colors you already listed! :D

Hope that maybe helped you to sort out your ideas a bit, or at least gave you a couple more ideas to choose from~ :nomnom:

Fush wrote:
Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:There is spectrum and split spectrum, which are rainbows in general.
► Show Spoiler

oh thats cool XD i wonder if they can marble that on request XD it seems simple enough to marble something lol. I might be making a list of questions for them to ask lol. so theres hope :)

Unfortunately, I don't think they would be willing to do that. :( I ticketed back in December about getting a pastel rainbow Chance, and this was the response I got from CS:
Sadly, the only rainbow coloration we're able to offer by request at this time is the Full Spectrum coloration. Due to the complexity of the color, we're not able to make changes to this coloration at all.
You could still ask, but I'm guessing the answer would probably be "No." I'm very sorry. :(
Ann ✩ 23 ✩ Demisexual Lesbian
Muffy

Postby Muffy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:13 am

I've been daydreaming about what colors to pick for my Axel and I think I really like the look of peacock ore. So pretty!

ImageThumbs up for Axel owners!Image

Currently Own:
► Show Spoiler

lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:26 am

Muffy wrote:I've been daydreaming about what colors to pick for my Axel and I think I really like the look of peacock ore. So pretty!

Hmmm...
A three color marble of a teal pure blue, a pinkish purple and a gold. All metallic

That could be awesome :)
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Muffy

Postby Muffy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:34 pm

lizardbreath wrote:
Muffy wrote:I've been daydreaming about what colors to pick for my Axel and I think I really like the look of peacock ore. So pretty!

Hmmm...
A three color marble of a teal pure blue, a pinkish purple and a gold. All metallic

That could be awesome :)

Yeah, those colors sound perfect! I'm gonna bug customer service on Monday and see if they can whip one up for me. Fingers crossed!

I'll probably also ask them if they can do shimmery metallic rose gold color as well since I'd love a flint in that shade. :widesmile:
ImageThumbs up for Axel owners!Image

Currently Own:
► Show Spoiler

Niah

Postby Niah » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:17 pm

I really like that purple used for the Natural color option for the egg plugs. I'm trying to decide what it would look good marbled with, and I'm leaning toward the pearlescent grey used for the base on Permafrost, but I also like the silvery white color that's the base on Absolute Zero. Permafrost looks like it's actually two colors, but it's hard to tell from the pics and the description. Basically, I like the contrast of light and dark colors (as is evident from my Giger Black and Diamond Fenrir). What do y'all think? Whatever I go for I'm getting it on either a small Apollo or a small Xar, and I'm leaning more toward a regular marble than a pride streak, but another pride streak wouldn't look bad in my collection, lol.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Gargoyle242

Postby Gargoyle242 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:21 pm

Niah wrote:I really like that purple used for the Natural color option for the egg plugs. I'm trying to decide what it would look good marbled with, and I'm leaning toward the pearlescent grey used for the base on Permafrost, but I also like the silvery white color that's the base on Absolute Zero. Permafrost looks like it's actually two colors, but it's hard to tell from the pics and the description. Basically, I like the contrast of light and dark colors (as is evident from my Giger Black and Diamond Fenrir). What do y'all think? Whatever I go for I'm getting it on either a small Apollo or a small Xar, and I'm leaning more toward a regular marble than a pride streak, but another pride streak wouldn't look bad in my collection, lol.

If you end up going with Apollo, since he's a chimera, how about a 3-way marble of that egg purple/diamond/stormy grey? Or the grey from Echo's base instead of stormy? I think the blue shimmer from the diamond would look good with that purple, IMO. Not saying a 3-way wouldn't look good on Xar as well.
"What we find pleasing to the eye and pleasing to the touch are seldom the same thing" - Fabienne
Niah

Postby Niah » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:49 pm

Gargoyle242 wrote:
Niah wrote:I really like that purple used for the Natural color option for the egg plugs. I'm trying to decide what it would look good marbled with, and I'm leaning toward the pearlescent grey used for the base on Permafrost, but I also like the silvery white color that's the base on Absolute Zero. Permafrost looks like it's actually two colors, but it's hard to tell from the pics and the description. Basically, I like the contrast of light and dark colors (as is evident from my Giger Black and Diamond Fenrir). What do y'all think? Whatever I go for I'm getting it on either a small Apollo or a small Xar, and I'm leaning more toward a regular marble than a pride streak, but another pride streak wouldn't look bad in my collection, lol.

If you end up going with Apollo, since he's a chimera, how about a 3-way marble of that egg purple/diamond/stormy grey? Or the grey from Echo's base instead of stormy? I think the blue shimmer from the diamond would look good with that purple, IMO. Not saying a 3-way wouldn't look good on Xar as well.

Oh, I hadn't thought of throwing Diamond into the mix too (with either stormy grey or the grey from Echo's Permafrost). Neat idea. I'll need to think on it. I think it'd look awesome either way, and I really really like silvery colors paired with purple ones. I had to look up Rowan to remind me what stormy grey looks like. The translucence is pretty nice, but I think I'd go with the base from Permafrost over it, even if I were to add Diamond to the mix. I'm not sure how it'd look on its own with the purple or even with Diamond. Idk. I need to think on it more. Thanks for the suggestion of adding in Diamond to the mix! I really appreciate it. :smilenox:

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
hazmats

Postby hazmats » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:41 pm

Hey so I'm looking to get a Xar, but I've never really been able to make my mind up on a colour that I liked best. Once, I ordered a Crackers with a fade from black to white, and it was GORGEOUS. I don't know if I want to just replicate that or go for something else. Currently, I'm in love with blue opal:

But I think that's really hard to translate to silicone, and the real opal colour won't be available for a while again if at all.

I was also thinking of requesting a solid ormetalluc marble with semitranslucent grey ... any thoughts on whether that is possible and or looks good? Thanks
Greg | 25 | Lesbian | Wishlist:
► Show Spoiler
Niah

Postby Niah » Mon May 01, 2017 6:15 am

hazmats wrote:Hey so I'm looking to get a Xar, but I've never really been able to make my mind up on a colour that I liked best. Once, I ordered a Crackers with a fade from black to white, and it was GORGEOUS. I don't know if I want to just replicate that or go for something else. Currently, I'm in love with blue opal:

But I think that's really hard to translate to silicone, and the real opal colour won't be available for a while again if at all.

I was also thinking of requesting a solid ormetalluc marble with semitranslucent grey ... any thoughts on whether that is possible and or looks good? Thanks

You can ticket CS to request Opal and they'll pour it, but it'll be something like $40 since it's not October. They are doing the gemstone colors again this year, so if you don't want to pay that much you can wait till it comes back in October.

Gargoyle242

Postby Gargoyle242 » Mon May 01, 2017 11:43 am

hazmats wrote:Hey so I'm looking to get a Xar, but I've never really been able to make my mind up on a colour that I liked best. Once, I ordered a Crackers with a fade from black to white, and it was GORGEOUS. I don't know if I want to just replicate that or go for something else. Currently, I'm in love with blue opal:

Opal is actually $50 outside of October($25 during October). I asked CS about that a couple months ago. You could ask them if they can use blue as a base instead of white. Idk if they can or not, but it's worth a shot.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Tue May 02, 2017 7:43 pm

my choices fora small terra keep sucking :(
(to me. anyone who likes pastels would be overjoyed :stick: )

so
HELP

saturated colors
jewel tones

maybe a pride streak of the egg's natural?

but he can take fades :(

ideas?
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”