Custom Color Discussion

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Gargoyle242

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Gargoyle242 » Tue May 02, 2017 8:45 pm

lizardbreath wrote:my choices fora small terra keep sucking :(
(to me. anyone who likes pastels would be overjoyed :stick: )

so
HELP

saturated colors
jewel tones

maybe a pride streak of the egg's natural?

but he can take fades :(

ideas?

Either of these might look good on a Terra. I try to save pics of cool looking adopts for future ideas.
Br01.jpg
Tr01.JPG
"What we find pleasing to the eye and pleasing to the touch are seldom the same thing" - Fabienne
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Tue May 02, 2017 8:51 pm

lizardbreath wrote:my choices fora small terra keep sucking :(
(to me. anyone who likes pastels would be overjoyed :stick: )

so
HELP

saturated colors
jewel tones

maybe a pride streak of the egg's natural?

but he can take fades :(

ideas?

Not sure what color families you're going for, but here are some that might have potential? :psyduck: They sounded nice at the time lol. I went with marbles since you mentioned Pride Streak, but it's just ideas, idk.
► Show Spoiler
ImageImage
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Tue May 02, 2017 9:03 pm

Ooooo!
Pretties!

Huh
That base color from oceanic rift pride streaked with saturn?
Or the egg purple?

Oooo! With a gold base so it looks like a set stone

or the same with a fade

or a fade of saturn(or egg purple) into uber diamond w gold base?
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Wed May 03, 2017 8:34 am

lizardbreath wrote:Ooooo!
Pretties!

Huh
That base color from oceanic rift pride streaked with saturn?
Or the egg purple?

Oooo! With a gold base so it looks like a set stone

or the same with a fade

or a fade of saturn(or egg purple) into uber diamond w gold base?

Purple into Uber Diamond sounds like a very nice purple geode, either as a marble or a fade! That would certainly work with 'jewel tones' lol. And I love me a gold base :D
ImageImage
Niah

Postby Niah » Wed May 03, 2017 3:27 pm

I can't decide if I like Saturn or the purple from the egg plug's Natural color option. Both look kind of similar to me. As of now, whichever I select is going to be marbled with the base color(s) from Permafrost (I can't tell if it's just one metallic grey or actually two metallic greys marbled together). I just really like the thought of a dark purple marbled with a lighter color like grey.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Wed May 03, 2017 8:01 pm

trying to match this

peridot green faded into halloween black?
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Wed May 03, 2017 8:15 pm

Niah wrote:I can't decide if I like Saturn or the purple from the egg plug's Natural color option. Both look kind of similar to me. As of now, whichever I select is going to be marbled with the base color(s) from Permafrost (I can't tell if it's just one metallic grey or actually two metallic greys marbled together). I just really like the thought of a dark purple marbled with a lighter color like grey.

I THINK saturn is bluer

but I'm not sure :(
Pretzal queen!!
[
Niah

Postby Niah » Thu May 04, 2017 6:20 am

lizardbreath wrote:
Niah wrote:I can't decide if I like Saturn or the purple from the egg plug's Natural color option. Both look kind of similar to me. As of now, whichever I select is going to be marbled with the base color(s) from Permafrost (I can't tell if it's just one metallic grey or actually two metallic greys marbled together). I just really like the thought of a dark purple marbled with a lighter color like grey.

I THINK saturn is bluer

but I'm not sure :(

Yeah, it's hard to tell. I've seen people's pics of Saturn and it looks like a good mix of purple and blue, but the promo pic looks very blue to me. The Egg plug's Natural looks more purple, but I haven't seen any pics of it on here.

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Thu May 04, 2017 9:01 am

lizardbreath wrote:trying to match this

Possibly a triple fade of the two shades of peridot to halloween black? Not sure if they still do that, worth a shot though!
ImageImage
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Thu May 04, 2017 11:53 am

Jasmine wrote:

Possibly a triple fade of the two shades of peridot to halloween black? Not sure if they still do that, worth a shot though!

Love this idea! If they won't do tripe fades how about a split fade involving Peridot for the green, Halloween Black for the background color, and Diamond/Uber Diamond or a pearly white for the white part of the orbs?
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Thu May 04, 2017 6:52 pm

lovelyscales wrote:
Jasmine wrote:

Love this idea! If they won't do tripe fades how about a split fade involving Peridot for the green, Halloween Black for the background color, and Diamond/Uber Diamond or a pearly white for the white part of the orbs?

ok!
i ended up ordering a split fade of peridot down to halloween black (got a warning that halloween black might overpower the peridot to a degree. ) with a starlight glow base and starlight glow spooky seconds

thank you all!!
Pretzal queen!!
[
Gargoyle242

Postby Gargoyle242 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:17 pm

lizardbreath wrote:
lovelyscales wrote:
Jasmine wrote:

ok!
i ended up ordering a split fade of peridot down to halloween black (got a warning that halloween black might overpower the peridot to a degree. ) with a starlight glow base and starlight glow spooky seconds

thank you all!!

That sounds pretty! Which part of peridot, or is it the whole thing fading to halloween black? I'm assuming it's just the greenish part.
"What we find pleasing to the eye and pleasing to the touch are seldom the same thing" - Fabienne
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Thu May 04, 2017 10:44 pm

Gargoyle242 wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:
lovelyscales wrote:Love this idea! If they won't do tripe fades how about a split fade involving Peridot for the green, Halloween Black for the background color, and Diamond/Uber Diamond or a pearly white for the white part of the orbs?

ok!

thank you all!!

That sounds pretty! Which part of peridot, or is it the whole thing fading to halloween black? I'm assuming it's just the greenish part.

the green from peridot fading to halloween black :)

we tried using hex codes from the actual painting.
boy was that ugly :unamused:
Pretzal queen!!
[
Niah

Postby Niah » Fri May 05, 2017 11:15 am

lizardbreath wrote:
lovelyscales wrote:
Jasmine wrote:

ok!

thank you all!!

That sounds really neat! Can't wait to see it. I just did a custom order myself. Chatted a good while with Elise and we ended up going with the purple from Teamwork marbled with the silver from Cunning. I was going to go with a lighter silver, but opted not to since I wanted it to be more balanced and didn't want the purple to overwhelm the lighter silver.

Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Fri May 05, 2017 12:44 pm

Niah wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:ok!

thank you all!!

That sounds really neat! Can't wait to see it. I just did a custom order myself. Chatted a good while with Elise and we ended up going with the purple from Teamwork marbled with the silver from Cunning. I was going to go with a lighter silver, but opted not to since I wanted it to be more balanced and didn't want the purple to overwhelm the lighter silver.

Those both sound so excellent. Can't wait to see pictures when these customs arrive :widesmile: !
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Niah

Postby Niah » Fri May 05, 2017 1:17 pm

lovelyscales wrote:
Niah wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:ok!

thank you all!!

Those both sound so excellent. Can't wait to see pictures when these customs arrive :widesmile: !

I'll definitely take pics of mine. :smile: :excited:

lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Fri May 05, 2017 1:21 pm

Niah wrote:

i can't wait to see that :)
Pretzal queen!!
[
Niah

Postby Niah » Fri May 05, 2017 1:24 pm

lizardbreath wrote:
Niah wrote:

i can't wait to see that :)

Same. I'm very excited about it. I almost just now changed that purple to the purple from Cosmic Nebula, but the Teamwork purple looks darker and I think it'd look better. I wish they'd combine orders, because then I'd ask to add a small/3 Xar in Cosmic Nebula to it. That said, I think I'm going to wait and see what ideas I get for a custom.

Sabbath

Postby Sabbath » Sat May 06, 2017 7:28 am

Hmm... Small Snowstrider/Echo in split marble, perhaps in Pearce's Hickory for the base, Natural Egg Purple for the main shaft color, and the Dark Plum from the Chance's natural marbled in? I wonder if that would look good.
stuck-on-the-knot1

Postby stuck-on-the-knot1 » Sat May 06, 2017 8:02 am

Sabbath wrote:Hmm... Small Snowstrider/Echo in split marble, perhaps in Pearce's Hickory for the base, Natural Egg Purple for the main shaft color, and the Dark Plum from the Chance's natural marbled in? I wonder if that would look good.

I think two purples would be too similar in color honestly, I would go for a lighter purple like Amethyst and the Egg purple marbled!
Female 22 Pansexual Taken Polyamorous Furry Pokemaniac Whovian Rock Music Lover Food Lover

Currently own : 26 toys (Toy list on Profile)

Don't be afraid to send a PM!~ I love talking with people and making friends

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”