Custom Color Discussion

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Nyan

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Nyan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:23 pm

lizardbreath wrote:
vixenvega wrote:
DaedraQueen wrote:
Awe man its like molten ore its so pretty Im not keen on the base though which is strange and I normally love that kind of thing!

That Echo is Jupiter and All That Glitters with a Diamond base.

If that’s the one that was mine it wasn’t jupiter

At least it didnt match any jupiter I’ve had

It's the one you had! Thank you for telling me about horchata white, I wonder if BD can still offer it?

Grimly Fiendish wrote:
You can send this pic link to Customer Service, and see if they can try to match it. If you just ask for the colors, then the marble might not even be close to matching this pattern. Actually, there's a real chance the marble pattern looks very different, even if the colors are exactly the same, and even if you send the reference pic. But the more specific your request, the better the chances that you'll get what you want (sometimes).

I know, last time I ordered a custom they told me they couldn't reproduce specific marble patterns, but I'll ticket them very soon, we'll see :smilenox:
English is not my native language, please forgive my mistakes~
Dreaming Heart

Postby Dreaming Heart » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:09 am

Fae Fantase wrote:
Dreaming Heart wrote:Does anyone have any comparison shots of Jupiter and 3rd Kind? I'm trying to decide between the two for a custom idea I have.

Been absent over personal stuffs. Yet I opened this package to keep my word. Here's my 3rd Kind plus Jupiter. It's more lavender IRL. My camera gave it a blue/darker tint..can't figure how to fix that.Jupiter old small/new mini Austin, 3rd Kind small Chance. Couldn't resist the pretty Chance despite not feeling too comfy owning the model. The difference is 3rd Kind has some blue shimmer plus green..Jupiter's green shimmer only. So hard to tell in person tbh..super subtle difference! Main difference is 3rd Kind glows!
► Show Spoiler
Ahhhh, sorry I'm responding to this so late, I've not been on in a while! Thank you so very much for this, I really appreciate you taking the time to take pictures and describe the subtle differences for me! <3 Based on this, I'm thinking I'll go with 3rd Kind for my idea (I really want that glow!). Thank you so much!
Ann ✩ 23 ✩ Demisexual Lesbian
Must <3 monsters 97
Gender: Some type of non binary. I never felt I was very much a boy, or very much a girl.

Postby Must <3 monsters 97 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:23 pm

After scouring some reviews, I think I have decided on a Fenrir. How would he look in the signature color for Flint? I don't really want him in what Bad dragon calls a marble, but I also do not see any options for a fade, or a split tone. Ironically, the page shows that I cannot order it in its signature color, ok then.
RainbowNanaki

Postby RainbowNanaki » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:43 pm

Must <3 monsters 97 wrote:After scouring some reviews, I think I have decided on a Fenrir. How would he look in the signature color for Flint? I don't really want him in what Bad dragon calls a marble, but I also do not see any options for a fade, or a split tone. Ironically, the page shows that I cannot order it in its signature color, ok then.

If you're ordering in the mini size, then yes, it cannot have a fade (including Fenrir's Signature). As for Flint's Signature, Unfortunately I can't help you there. I don't know if Fenrir supports highlights :doh:
gay/23/transguy/extremely single
:misc6: :eyeroll:

My Toys

► Show Spoiler
Must <3 monsters 97
Gender: Some type of non binary. I never felt I was very much a boy, or very much a girl.

Postby Must <3 monsters 97 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:47 pm

RainbowNanaki wrote:
Must <3 monsters 97 wrote:After scouring some reviews, I think I have decided on a Fenrir. How would he look in the signature color for Flint? I don't really want him in what Bad dragon calls a marble, but I also do not see any options for a fade, or a split tone. Ironically, the page shows that I cannot order it in its signature color, ok then.

If you're ordering in the mini size, then yes, it cannot have a fade (including Fenrir's Signature). As for Flint's Signature, Unfortunately I can't help you there. I don't know if Fenrir supports highlights :doh:

Thanks. I thought I should go safe since I saw some reviews that said it had a sharp head that hurt them, and I do not think I have ever had anyone or a regular adult novelty as big as 7" in girth before, which fenrir's product page says its knot is.
meatloaf

Postby meatloaf » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:15 am

anyone wanna help me with color scheme for a Shadow Tempest toy?

ive always wanted to try using an insertable for stim play, thinking of getting a sugarstar, maybe even Janine or possibly another med flared chance if a good scheme is found, suggestions anyone?
(please don't suggest the mlp movie coloration, it just doesn't work for me that's why im asking suggestions)
(also, have any other females used insertables for play? is it worth it?)
:misc11: GIRTH-O-HOLIC :misc12:

WTB:
Bruce

Mr Hankeys:
Medium El rey in tan with balls

Msg me if you see any of my toys that may interest you for future sale reference :0 )
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:18 pm

meatloaf wrote:anyone wanna help me with color scheme for a Shadow Tempest toy?

ive always wanted to try using an insertable for stim play, thinking of getting a sugarstar, maybe even Janine or possibly another med flared chance if a good scheme is found, suggestions anyone?
(please don't suggest the mlp movie coloration, it just doesn't work for me that's why im asking suggestions)

I'm no help with colors, but I've heard people using penetrables for scissoring, fingering and oral practice, and at least one person using theirs as a vibrator of sorts. Like you get a Bullet Vibe or other similar-sized toy, stick it in the toy's back entrance, turn the vibe on and you'd have a vibrating vagina toy. :laugh: Also heard people being able to use a penetrable like a dildo, but not sure if they did it anally or vaginally. :mystery:
meatloaf

Postby meatloaf » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:27 pm

CakeLurker wrote:
meatloaf wrote:anyone wanna help me with color scheme for a Shadow Tempest toy?

I'm no help with colors, but I've heard people using penetrables for scissoring, fingering and oral practice, and at least one person using theirs as a vibrator of sorts. Like you get a Bullet Vibe or other similar-sized toy, stick it in the toy's back entrance, turn the vibe on and you'd have a vibrating vagina toy. :laugh: Also heard people being able to use a penetrable like a dildo, but not sure if they did it anally or vaginally. :mystery:

i didn't even think about the vibrator idea!!
oh god, i need one right now *drools*
:misc11: GIRTH-O-HOLIC :misc12:

WTB:
Bruce

Mr Hankeys:
Medium El rey in tan with balls

Msg me if you see any of my toys that may interest you for future sale reference :0 )
Sabbath

Postby Sabbath » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:08 am

I'm thinking of ordering another Small Crackers, but this one with the shaft marbled in the Pink from Extra Effective Fairy, and Cherry Red; with the base being Meteor Impact? This one would be soft-shaft with a firm base, because my medium's shaft has that somewhat irritating grainy-feel but that base is to die for.

Anyone think that it would look decent, or have any better ideas for the base, or to mix with cherry red? Maybe some kind of white?

Also, is Cherry Red the exact same as Whore Red or is it slightly different?
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:09 am

Sabbath wrote:I'm thinking of ordering another Small Crackers, but this one with the shaft marbled in the Pink from Extra Effective Fairy, and Cherry Red; with the base being Meteor Impact? This one would be soft-shaft with a firm base, because my medium's shaft has that somewhat irritating grainy-feel but that base is to die for.

Anyone think that it would look decent, or have any better ideas for the base, or to mix with cherry red? Maybe some kind of white?

Also, is Cherry Red the exact same as Whore Red or is it slightly different?

You could always get a tri marble of whore red, the pink from fairy, and maybe a translucent white for the shaft?
If you're only getting two colors, I think your original idea sounds good.
Yeah I'm pretty sure whore red and cherry red are the same, the color looks pretty similar to each other (still wish there was a better image for this year though). They probably didn't want to "offend" anyone so they changed the color name.
Sabbath

Postby Sabbath » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:55 am

Wound up choosing a small firm nox with a SC; cherry red and pink from EE Fairy marbled with golden dazzle in both, and a base of Metallic Dark Chocolate with gold dazzle as well.
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:06 pm

It turns out that all Neon colors listed on the site, along with Violet, are UV reactive.

So that means all of these are UVs:
- Neon Blue
- Neon Purple
- Violet
- Neon Pink
- Neon Magenta
- Neon Red
- Neon Orange
- Neon Yellow
- Neon Green
That's a lot of pretty colors. :bugeyed:
I don't order UV-reactive stuff or have plans to but this is probably a helpful tip for anyone wondering what to add to their toys for a little more "oomph".
DaedraQueen

Postby DaedraQueen » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:29 pm

CakeLurker wrote:It turns out that all Neon colors listed on the site, along with Violet, are UV reactive.

- Neon Blue
- Neon Purple
- Violet
- Neon Pink
- Neon Magenta
- Neon Red
- Neon Orange
- Neon Yellow
- Neon Green
I don't order UV-reactive stuff or have plans to but this is probably a helpful tip for anyone wondering what to add to their toys for a little more "oomph".

Oh shit my flint must be because his marble is just filled with neon orange
❤ Female ❤ Pan ❤ 24 ❤ Married ❤ 6 BD Toys

❤ Currently Owned ❤

Small/Med Nova in Pearce’s signature and maroon base.
Small/Med Winston in a fire morph pattern.
Small/Med Flint in a custom tri-marble.
Small/Med Nox in Jupiter.
Small/Med Meng in Cosmic Nebula.
Small/Med Trent in Peridot
Medium Rauchana in artistic liberty
Akhelios the Sea Beast in a teal to blue fade

❤ Bought but not arrived ❤
Med Pretzal in Feathered Serpent
Small Echo In full spectrum (Rainbow)

"Is that your new dream in life to own a cornucopia of dicks?" Quoted from my darling husband
Slaanesh

Postby Slaanesh » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:34 pm

DaedraQueen wrote:
CakeLurker wrote:It turns out that all Neon colors listed on the site, along with Violet, are UV reactive.

- Neon Blue
- Neon Purple
- Violet
- Neon Pink
- Neon Magenta
- Neon Red
- Neon Orange
- Neon Yellow
- Neon Green

Oh shit my flint must be because his marble is just filled with neon orange

It will be Dae! I have neon green marbled into my Novas so I'll have to check!
Featherystorm

Postby Featherystorm » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:43 pm

I found out I could order Apollo in terra's sig which was fantastic since I like the color but not the model. Now here's a fun question.

Could I order pretzal in his old sig 'Feathered Serpent' or are fades completely out of the question for him? It'll pretty much make or break me getting an softer XL model of him in the future.
Female/22/Lesbian/Taken
"If I can't kill a man with it with a single swing then I'm not sticking it in my body." Me @ My girlfriend on sex toys.
spiralcatfox

Postby spiralcatfox » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:53 pm

Featherystorm wrote:I found out I could order Apollo in terra's sig which was fantastic since I like the color but not the model. Now here's a fun question.

Could I order pretzal in his old sig 'Feathered Serpent' or are fades completely out of the question for him? It'll pretty much make or break me getting an softer XL model of him in the future.

Pretzal unfortunately no longer supports fades :sniffing:
(Maybe you can ask CS if they can do/attempt Jason's signature on Pretzal, as its sorta kinda similar)
Featherystorm

Postby Featherystorm » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:58 pm

spiralcatfox wrote:
Featherystorm wrote:I found out I could order Apollo in terra's sig which was fantastic since I like the color but not the model. Now here's a fun question.

Pretzal unfortunately no longer supports fades :sniffing:
(Maybe you can ask CS if they can do/attempt Jason's signature on Pretzal, as its sorta kinda similar)

Well heck, I'll see about the Jason's sig though. Too bad pretzal doesn't support fades since it's old naturals and sig were all fades which were fantastic. I'm kinda a bit mad at myself for not getting him in that color before they changed everything. :doh:

Edit:
Actually that gives me a great idea. I think I might ticket in on seeing if I can get him in Janine's Muzzle's natural :smilenox: I'm a sucker for pearly, soft colors.
Female/22/Lesbian/Taken
"If I can't kill a man with it with a single swing then I'm not sticking it in my body." Me @ My girlfriend on sex toys.
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:30 pm

Featherystorm wrote:Edit:
Actually that gives me a great idea. I think I might ticket in on seeing if I can get him in Janine's Muzzle's natural :smilenox: I'm a sucker for pearly, soft colors.

Talk about coincidence, I sent in a similar request last month to CS about getting a dildo in Janine's Natural.

They said that they can do it and were willing to try, but they weren't sure how the highlight would come out on dildos and how it would work in firmnesses other than Extra Soft. So expect a disclaimer saying that the highlight might come out "thicker than usual" or something similar. Sounds fun to me though because the pink looks nice whether it's thin or EXTRA THICC. But that's just me.

But I'm also not CS so they might say something different when you ask. And it's been 4 weeks since I've asked so they've had plenty of time to practice on some dongs and have a better idea on how it would come out. Also it may or may not depend on the model. Does Pretzal take highlights? Cuz I dunno.

Anyway I hope that helps! And if you do ask tomorrow, let us know their response!
Sabbath

Postby Sabbath » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:38 am

I'm trying to figure out a shade of shimmery white that would do well for the base of a Blaze? I'm thinking Uber Diamond, Starlight Glow, or Celestial Light.

Does anyone know if they will add glow in the dark additives to colors?

(-coughhackTOTALLYNOTAGASTERDICKcoughhack-)

My biggest issue is trying to figure out what color the shaft should be.

My biggest contenders:
-Garnet with Gold Shimmer
-Egg Plug Purple Marbled with Night Sky with Gold Shimmer Added
-BD Gold Marbled with Sophia's Natural Blue

Hopefully with Spooky Seconds added too.

Does anyone have any ideas? My #1 Idea right now is this one:
1. Celestial Light base (maybe with Starlight Glow Added?) with Garnet with Gold Shimmer Shaft and Spooky Seconds.

But the more I think about it the more the purple and black sounds nice too.
DaedraQueen

Postby DaedraQueen » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:07 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:Jupiter is such a pretty color, and I still kinda want a small dexter.
How much does Jupiter cost outside of sales?

I think its $10 normally jupiters free so it sounds about right xxx
❤ Female ❤ Pan ❤ 24 ❤ Married ❤ 6 BD Toys

❤ Currently Owned ❤

Small/Med Nova in Pearce’s signature and maroon base.
Small/Med Winston in a fire morph pattern.
Small/Med Flint in a custom tri-marble.
Small/Med Nox in Jupiter.
Small/Med Meng in Cosmic Nebula.
Small/Med Trent in Peridot
Medium Rauchana in artistic liberty
Akhelios the Sea Beast in a teal to blue fade

❤ Bought but not arrived ❤
Med Pretzal in Feathered Serpent
Small Echo In full spectrum (Rainbow)

"Is that your new dream in life to own a cornucopia of dicks?" Quoted from my darling husband

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”