Custom Color Discussion

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Sabbath

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Sabbath » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:46 pm

Featherystorm wrote:I've been thinking on having something with the shaft of strawberry parfait, the base of xar's sig, and perhaps spooky seconds. I'm stuck between a large nova and a medium dexter.

Alternatively, An XL Cole with a shaft of magma drake and a base of halloween black with, perhaps, light pink sloppy seconds. Kinda want a hell hound kind of theme.

Third of all a Large sleipnir with terra's sig's shaft with a giger black base and light pink sloppy seconds.

All I know is I want either spooky or sloppy seconds on any of these.

Sloppy seconds is only allowed in pure white. There is no pink glow in the dark for a spooky seconds, sadly (I'd want it if there was!)

I don't think they'll change anything about a color with a highlight (like Magma Drake; I really doubt they'll change the base).
Featherystorm

Postby Featherystorm » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:57 pm

Sabbath wrote:
Sloppy seconds is only allowed in pure white. There is no pink glow in the dark for a spooky seconds, sadly (I'd want it if there was!)

I don't think they'll change anything about a color with a highlight (like Magma Drake; I really doubt they'll change the base).

Meh, white is just as good as pink I guess. I'm also well aware that there isn't a glow in the dark pink which sucks.

Also I completely forgot magma drake was a highlight and I think I might just cut out the sloppy seconds because I would want that shaft on any other base than that brown one. But I'll ask.
Female/22/Lesbian/Taken
"If I can't kill a man with it with a single swing then I'm not sticking it in my body." Me @ My girlfriend on sex toys.
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:28 pm

Featherystorm wrote:All I know is I want either spooky or sloppy seconds on any of these.

Spooky Seconds is kind of subtle, and the glow isn't very long-lasting. If it's an important part of your design, or something you want visible all the time, you might want to get the regular Sloppy Seconds.

I don't think you can get Sloppy or Spooky Seconds on a toy that already has a highlight, because SS/SS are a type of highlight as well. Not certain but it makes sense that only one highlight can be used at a time.
sneks toys

Postby sneks toys » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:49 am

Does anyone happen to have an IRL photo of Chance' Sheaths natural color? I want to get it on a David wereable. Thanks!
F/♋/21/Bi/Monster Fucker
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:13 pm

Probably an obvious question...buuuut

I want a toy that glows Aqua. Would it glow brighter as the Starlight Glow color than something with pigment mixed in?
For context I'm considering adding the Aqua glow throughout a Nightfall Purple shaft since that one seems to glow the brightest. Would the glow be dulled by adding pigment by a large degree?
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:56 am

Phelvia wrote:Probably an obvious question...buuuut

I want a toy that glows Aqua. Would it glow brighter as the Starlight Glow color than something with pigment mixed in?
For context I'm considering adding the Aqua glow throughout a Nightfall Purple shaft since that one seems to glow the brightest. Would the glow be dulled by adding pigment by a large degree?

all the glows seem brighter without additional pigment :smilenox:
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
selling at dragonmoor.com
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:49 am

lizardbreath wrote:

Alright I thought so. Thinking of a custom Xar coloration (Tyrannosaurus Sex colors from the base....for Xars base. And either Nightfall purple with Aqua GITD or just Starlight Glow with glitter?) I'm learning more towards the first one but going to ask if they'll add glitter and GITD then. Been a while since I did an actual custom :blush:
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:36 am

Phelvia wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:

Alright I thought so. Thinking of a custom Xar coloration (Tyrannosaurus Sex colors from the base....for Xars base. And either Nightfall purple with Aqua GITD or just Starlight Glow with glitter?) I'm learning more towards the first one but going to ask if they'll add glitter and GITD then. Been a while since I did an actual custom :blush:

run, like, 5 different ideas past them and one should stick :widesmile:
tell us if they's do glitter in the gitd colors?
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:51 am

lizardbreath wrote:
Phelvia wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:all the glows seem brighter without additional pigment :smilenox:

Definitely! I'll ask within the next week or so when I submit my ticket for my next order...or later today (depends when I'm not working >_>)
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:57 am

Phelvia wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:
Phelvia wrote:

Definitely! I'll ask within the next week or so when I submit my ticket for my next order...or later today (depends when I'm not working >_>)

Update on that question;
As per Elise
"Sadly, we cannot modify glowing colors at all by request, so we would not be able to add gold or silver dazzle or any metallic effects to these colors."

I can't add an aqua glow to the Nightfall shaft on my Xar but eh. Ima just add gold glitter to it instead.
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:48 am

Phelvia wrote:
Update on that question;
As per Elise
"Sadly, we cannot modify glowing colors at all by request, so we would not be able to add gold or silver dazzle or any metallic effects to these colors."

I can't add an aqua glow to the Nightfall shaft on my Xar but eh. Ima just add gold glitter to it instead.

Could you use the purple from 3rd kind? It has a green metallic shift to it, but it's purple that glows blue.
Female | 27 | Married
ImageImage Admirer of shiny dongs
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:10 pm

Phelvia wrote:
Phelvia wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:run, like, 5 different ideas past them and one should stick :widesmile:

Update on that question;
As per Elise

Good to know!

Have fun with the glitter :widesmile:
Pretzal queen!!
reine

Postby reine » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:11 pm

sneks toys wrote:Does anyone happen to have an IRL photo of Chance' Sheaths natural color? I want to get it on a David wereable. Thanks!

The shaft of my small Moko is in Chance Sheath's Natural! Here are some quick pics (sorry for the dust and phone camera quality):

IMG_9393.JPG

IMG_9395.JPG
IMG_9396.JPG

The shimmer is a bit subtle on Moko, but it still looks really nice.
:misc11: :misc8: 34 toys | My collection:
► Show Spoiler
sneks toys

Postby sneks toys » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:21 pm

reine wrote:
The shaft of my small Moko is in Chance Sheath's Natural! Here are some quick pics (sorry for the dust and phone camera quality):

IMG_9393.JPG

IMG_9395.JPG
IMG_9396.JPG

The shimmer is a bit subtle on Moko, but it still looks really nice.

Thank you, I'm definitely getting this on a David wereable :smilenox:
F/♋/21/Bi/Monster Fucker
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:58 pm

Jasmine wrote:
Phelvia wrote:
Update on that question;
As per Elise

Could you use the purple from 3rd kind? It has a green metallic shift to it, but it's purple that glows blue.

Oh Elise suggested that option. Sadly, I wanted the starlight glow and not the darker blue (duke cola quantum) for the glow. I didn't really want it as spooky seconds but those are pretty much the options. And nightfall purple is the shade I'm going for.

Or I might go for the spooky seconds anyway.
sneks toys

Postby sneks toys » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:16 pm

So, Ridley in Shimmer Scale or Fire Cracker? Leaning towards Shimmer Scale but I *might* get that on a Hunter later on. Maybe Mengs sig color for Hunter?
F/♋/21/Bi/Monster Fucker
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:40 am

sneks toys wrote:So, Ridley in Shimmer Scale or Fire Cracker? Leaning towards Shimmer Scale but I *might* get that on a Hunter later on. Maybe Mengs sig color for Hunter?

Shimmer scale is excellent and looks great in person. It looks good on everything. I'd say whichever shape you're most likely to bond with, get it in shimmer scale, because the color is a keeper.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:48 pm

what is a completely absurd and wildly inappropriate color choice for an EE wraith?
Pretzal queen!!
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:26 pm

lizardbreath wrote:what is a completely absurd and wildly inappropriate color choice for an EE wraith?

The first thing that comes to mind are cotton candy and bubblegum pinks :stick:

Maybe it needs to be a Wraith-ermelon?
Female | 27 | Married
ImageImage Admirer of shiny dongs
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:15 pm

Jasmine wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:what is a completely absurd and wildly inappropriate color choice for an EE wraith?

The first thing that comes to mind are cotton candy and bubblegum pinks :stick:

Maybe it needs to be a Wraith-ermelon?

flowers and kittens :widesmile:

omg
a wraith-ermelon :bugeyed:
Pretzal queen!!

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”