Custom Color Discussion

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
User avatar
lizardbreath
Posts: 3409
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:06 pm
Gender: female
Location: pgh, pa

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby lizardbreath » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:56 pm

katze wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:what is a completely absurd and wildly inappropriate color choice for an EE wraith?


Consider this: pink mixed drink with blueberries and a lemon slice themed

Image

Cackles :widesmile: :laugh: :widesmile:
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
selling at dragonmoor.com
User avatar
Fruityrumpusasshole
Posts: 2999
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:39 am
Gender: F

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Fruityrumpusasshole » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:00 am

katze wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:what is a completely absurd and wildly inappropriate color choice for an EE wraith?


Consider this: pink mixed drink with blueberries and a lemon slice themed

Image


I've always wanted a lemonade/mixed drink themed toy...
And I still want TTCs Atlas or Alto...
I may have to steal this idea for something similar :laugh:
User avatar
Niah
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:25 am
Gender: Genderfluid

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Niah » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:57 am

As I'm working on being responsible and saving money except for when I have to pay bills, get groceries, and etc, it'll be a good while before I'll order my EE Reptilian, and maybe a Yacuruna. I'm still on the fence about even ordering a Yacuruna, so I'm concentrating on what I'd like for a deluxe surprise Reptilian.

The attached photo is one I really, really like and I think it'd be neat and interesting to see what they do with it. There's GITD potential with the lights and even lightning. At minimum I'll request that they don't use matte colors as I don't much like matte colors. There's one other idea I'm considering. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is my absolute favorite game (I've sunk well over 300 hours in that game and I never really get tired of it; it's an easy world to vanish in for a while to get away from the real world), and Alyn Shir is hot and amazing and a complete badass. I was thinking of using the two attached pics for inspiration if I didn't go with the lightning one. There's silver and green that could be used, as well as black and even purple or red. Note: Her eyes are not actually red in the game; they're grey. The below link gives a rundown on her character and all. Anyway, as I can't make up my mind, I was wondering if anyone here had some input about color options or views on the ideas I have. As for Yacuruna, if I were to go with that model, the shape reminds me a lot of a cobra with the hood flared out, but it might a bit complicated to have them put in details like the markings that can be on the hood and such.

Image
Attachments
koa_reckoning__alyn_shir_by_gorrem-d4m7p33.jpg
alyn shir.jpg
lightningpurplelights.jpg
30/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
User avatar
Sabbath
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:21 pm

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Sabbath » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:06 am

I'm either going to pick up one of these two:

1. Blossom Pink Shaft and gold dazzle Dark Chocolate Split Firm Mini Crackers with a Suction Cup
2. Blossom Pink Shaft to gold dazzle Dark Chocolate Split Fade with a gold dazzle Dark Chocolate base Wide Split Small Crackers with a Suction Cup

If Mini Crackers supported fades; this would be an easy choice. But, it does not; so now I have to pick between a fade or a non-printer textured toy.
User avatar
reine
Posts: 1406
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:39 pm
Gender: F / lesbian
Location: Canada

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby reine » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:40 am

Sabbath wrote:I'm either going to pick up one of these two:

1. Blossom Pink Shaft and gold dazzle Dark Chocolate Split Firm Mini Crackers with a Suction Cup
2. Blossom Pink Shaft to gold dazzle Dark Chocolate Split Fade with a gold dazzle Dark Chocolate base Wide Split Small Crackers with a Suction Cup

If Mini Crackers supported fades; this would be an easy choice. But, it does not; so now I have to pick between a fade or a non-printer textured toy.


Last I heard, BD won't fade metallic/pearly colours with non-metallics, so I think you'd either have to add metallic to Dark Chocolate in the fade (if they'll allow it), or just go with a regular split.

Maybe things have changed since I last ticketed, but just a heads up that they might not do it. :'o
:misc11: :misc8: 34 toys | My collection:
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Sabbath
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:21 pm

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Sabbath » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:40 am

reine wrote:
Sabbath wrote:I'm either going to pick up one of these two:

1. Blossom Pink Shaft and gold dazzle Dark Chocolate Split Firm Mini Crackers with a Suction Cup
2. Blossom Pink Shaft to gold dazzle Dark Chocolate Split Fade with a gold dazzle Dark Chocolate base Wide Split Small Crackers with a Suction Cup

If Mini Crackers supported fades; this would be an easy choice. But, it does not; so now I have to pick between a fade or a non-printer textured toy.


Last I heard, BD won't fade metallic/pearly colours with non-metallics, so I think you'd either have to add metallic to Dark Chocolate in the fade (if they'll allow it), or just go with a regular split.

Maybe things have changed since I last ticketed, but just a heads up that they might not do it. :'o


Metallic would probably be a prettier choice also; thank you!
User avatar
yuzupo
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 4:41 am

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby yuzupo » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:45 pm

I've been checking out BD alternatives on Etsy.
HOWEVER:
► Show Spoiler

THIS.
THIS IS WHAT I WANT!!
I always had in my head I wanted a straight black and orange combo. I think it looks neat even without the Halloweenish vibe. But purple to orange? Holy fuck. At least with these examples from Phoenixflame, it looks amazing. Then I snooped around and saw their 3 colour for purple, orange, AND black. Wow!!!
► Show Spoiler

Now I don't know if I'd want to even add dazzle if it's from BD. Both ways seem like they'd be so good. If I do get from BD, does anyone see the above purple and orange as pearlescent? It doesn't look very straight BD solid colour to me and I really like how well the fades/marbles smear a bit here. :buddy: oh man!!


► Show Spoiler
Last edited by yuzupo on Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
katze
Posts: 2245
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:05 pm
Gender: female/idc
Location: CA

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby katze » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:18 pm

I've been thinking about and unable to decide what colors I want on my future medium Bruiser. But I have finally decided: Chance's Natural!!
Image

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!

waiting on:
medium 5 spitfire w/ suction cup (nox's signautre)
medium 5 rex w/ suction cup (opal)
User avatar
reine
Posts: 1406
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:39 pm
Gender: F / lesbian
Location: Canada

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby reine » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:18 pm

Does anyone know if they'll still attempt Golden Hoard on compatible models? Trying to choose between it and Magma Drake (Clayton's Signature) for my future XL Clayton.
:misc11: :misc8: 34 toys | My collection:
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
vixenvega
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:04 am

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby vixenvega » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:02 am

reine wrote:Does anyone know if they'll still attempt Golden Hoard on compatible models? Trying to choose between it and Magma Drake (Clayton's Signature) for my future XL Clayton.

They will with an attempt disclaimer.
User avatar
CakeLurker
Posts: 652
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:35 am

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby CakeLurker » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:54 pm

Anyone have any pictures of toys with brown-to-blue fades or blue-to-tan fades? I'm curious to see how well they tend to blend together.
User avatar
wuffyl
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:13 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby wuffyl » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:31 pm

CakeLurker wrote:Anyone have any pictures of toys with brown-to-blue fades or blue-to-tan fades? I'm curious to see how well they tend to blend together.


depending on the blue and brown it may become a greyish muddy purple in the middle since brown is a desaturated orange which is complimentary to blue.

if you want to add a split however you might be able to get something like this (which imo is to die for :misc2: :crying: )

Image
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
CakeLurker
Posts: 652
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:35 am

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby CakeLurker » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:35 pm

wuffyl wrote:
CakeLurker wrote:Anyone have any pictures of toys with brown-to-blue fades or blue-to-tan fades? I'm curious to see how well they tend to blend together.


depending on the blue and brown it may become a greyish muddy purple in the middle since brown is a desaturated orange which is complimentary to blue.

if you want to add a split however you might be able to get something like this (which imo is to die for :misc2: :crying: )

Image

Didn't think purple was possible for brown-to-blue fades, so that makes for a nice surprise, even if it is greyish or on the muddy side of the spectrum. But that actually makes the fade better for me though, so long as it's light-colored.
Also dang that is a nice Cortez. :bugeyed:
User avatar
katze
Posts: 2245
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:05 pm
Gender: female/idc
Location: CA

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby katze » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:22 am

Trying to come up with colors for a medium flared Chance.
Thinking maybe the shaft in Sensitivity + Unity Purple and a Celestial Light base. *thinking emoji*
Image

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!

waiting on:
medium 5 spitfire w/ suction cup (nox's signautre)
medium 5 rex w/ suction cup (opal)
User avatar
lizardbreath
Posts: 3409
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:06 pm
Gender: female
Location: pgh, pa

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby lizardbreath » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:32 am

Missed the flash sale but it got me thinking about my "dead flower" Hanns

Any opinions on just using Tops This?
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
selling at dragonmoor.com
User avatar
Fae Fantase
Posts: 3805
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:29 pm
Gender: Female/20's/love for all genders

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Fae Fantase » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:31 pm

lizardbreath wrote:Missed the flash sale but it got me thinking about my "dead flower" Hanns

Any opinions on just using Tops This?

That's..that's pure genius! You're so good at color ideas omg!
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
User avatar
katze
Posts: 2245
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:05 pm
Gender: female/idc
Location: CA

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby katze » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:41 pm

Ooooh, since I'm selling my current medium Terra I'm already thinking about it's replacement.

Deconstructed Carnival! Purple to blue fade on the shaft and the yellowy orange for the base.

Image

Edit:

Image
Image

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!

waiting on:
medium 5 spitfire w/ suction cup (nox's signautre)
medium 5 rex w/ suction cup (opal)
User avatar
Villie
Posts: 1144
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:09 pm
Gender: Bisexual Pusséy

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Villie » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:09 am

lizardbreath wrote:Missed the flash sale but it got me thinking about my "dead flower" Hanns

Any opinions on just using Tops This?

What's Tops This look like?
seeking: BD: kippy, mini egg plug
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
User avatar
reine
Posts: 1406
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:39 pm
Gender: F / lesbian
Location: Canada

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby reine » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:52 am

Villie wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:Missed the flash sale but it got me thinking about my "dead flower" Hanns

Any opinions on just using Tops This?

What's Tops This look like?


"Tops This" was the old name for Trent's Signature, back when all toys' signature colours had unique names:
Image
:misc11: :misc8: 34 toys | My collection:
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Villie
Posts: 1144
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:09 pm
Gender: Bisexual Pusséy

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Villie » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:32 pm

reine wrote:
Villie wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:Missed the flash sale but it got me thinking about my "dead flower" Hanns

Any opinions on just using Tops This?

What's Tops This look like?


"Tops This" was the old name for Trent's Signature, back when all toys' signature colours had unique names:
Image

Wow I think itd be perfect for lizards custom
seeking: BD: kippy, mini egg plug
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest