Custom Color Discussion

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
lizardbreath

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby lizardbreath » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:54 am

Phelvia wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:updated gitd list in gallery :stick:

Just a quick clarification; is it possible to marble something with...say the black part that's the GITD Resident Pleasure color with...i dunno, the pink from Jesters Queen? Or it is strictly "can only use these colors in it's preset fashion"?

Sadly, only the already existing mixes :(
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
reine

Postby reine » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:28 pm

I want to get an Anje based off of Vaal Hazak from Monster Hunter World, but I can’t find a suitable colour!

I had originally thought of Giger Black, but that’s a bit dark... and then Flint Sheath’s Signature is a lot more vivid green than the photos, so that’s not going to work, either. :doh:

Anyone know of a good metallic grey-green that might fit?

814A0A7D-650B-4AF0-9EF0-541A6FCBE2DC.jpeg
A92B5AA3-5F13-4CFD-BFEA-181027C5B1CA.png
A92B5AA3-5F13-4CFD-BFEA-181027C5B1CA.png (416.84 KiB) Viewed 2268 times
:psyduck:
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:52 pm

reine wrote:I want to get an Anje based off of Vaal Hazak from Monster Hunter World, but I can’t find a suitable colour!

I had originally thought of Giger Black, but that’s a bit dark... and then Flint Sheath’s Signature is a lot more vivid green than the photos, so that’s not going to work, either. :doh:

granite scales from the original kaiju aftermath!!!!!

it's like a greyed out geiger black/green
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:55 pm

lizardbreath wrote:
reine wrote:I want to get an Anje based off of Vaal Hazak from Monster Hunter World, but I can’t find a suitable colour!

granite scales from the original kaiju aftermath!!!!!

I was just going to say that!

I can't find the original sale post for the Kaiju colors, but the revamped one seems cool still. I have a Nova in the original Kaiju Aftermath and the blackish grey green is very pretty! The newer version seems to have a bit more blue to it.

https://bad-dragon.com/sales/kaijuaftermath2
ImageImage
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:58 pm

Pretzal queen!!
[
reine

Postby reine » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:25 am

Jasmine wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:granite scales from the original kaiju aftermath!!!!!

I was just going to say that!

I can't find the original sale post for the Kaiju colors, but the revamped one seems cool still. I have a Nova in the original Kaiju Aftermath and the blackish grey green is very pretty! The newer version seems to have a bit more blue to it.

I forgot about Granite Scales! That would be perfect, thank you! :widesmile:

(Now hopefully I can order it! I know they can be fussy about metallics on penetrables, haha...)
:psyduck:
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:18 am

I want a Hankey's Seahorse, but I'm not very good at choosing colors, so I would like some advice.
I want a highlight, but not what tone. I really liked this one they did before.
► Show Spoiler

Is gold over black. I don't know if asking for their standard colors, Natural tan over Deep brown, would make a too subtle effect.
It's not possible, but if I had to say by BD colors maybe I would dare with the cyan from Split artic ice over Night sky with gold dazzle... maybe that would be the most daring thing for what I would go for, but I'm open to consider anything. I looked at pictures of IRL seahorses (the animal) but... meh.
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:18 pm

Harbenz wrote: I don't know if asking for their standard colors, Natural tan over Deep brown, would make a too subtle effect.

I think any color highlight would really bring out the texture of that toy. I don't like brown very much, so I would personally go in a different direction, but I think it would look nice.
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:45 am

Which colors (if any) are very UV reactive, besides the obvious custom colors Neon Red, Neon Pink, Neon Purple, Neon Yellow, Neon Orange, Neon Blue?

I just got a 2nd hand toy which fades from Neon Pink to Neon Blue, and it doesn't look like anything special in regular light, but under UV light it looks amazing. It's just a simple fade (and under UV light, the fade actually looks even smoother) but I really enjoy it. Neon Blue looks especially luminescent to me. Photos really don't capture it. I think I like UV more than GITD.

Are there any other colors that look especially good in UV light, which aren't labeled "neon"?
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:45 am

I remember seeing a post not so long ago with a very complete list of UV color, but I don't remember in which thread or the autor.

Grimly Fiendish wrote:I think any color highlight would really bring out the texture of that toy. I don't like brown very much, so I would personally go in a different direction, but I think it would look nice.

I think I'm go to ask if they can add metallics, could make it more interesting. The colors they usually do are either very bright or pastel, and it's not my thing. Their metallic green is ugly to me. Also think of the classic black and red combo, but may look too... spidey.
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:52 am

Grimly Fiendish wrote:Which colors (if any) are very UV reactive, besides the obvious custom colors Neon Red, Neon Pink, Neon Purple, Neon Yellow, Neon Orange, Neon Blue?

I just got a 2nd hand toy which fades from Neon Pink to Neon Blue, and it doesn't look like anything special in regular light, but under UV light it looks amazing. It's just a simple fade (and under UV light, the fade actually looks even smoother) but I really enjoy it. Neon Blue looks especially luminescent to me. Photos really don't capture it. I think I like UV more than GITD.

Are there any other colors that look especially good in UV light, which aren't labeled "neon"?

I believe Violet and the ice from Split Arctic Ice are UV reactive. Don't know the rest.

I also want to say that the yellow from Clayton's signature is UV, but I can't find the thread that confirms it or not. :/
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:39 pm

CakeLurker wrote:
I also want to say that the yellow from Clayton's signature is UV, but I can't find the thread that confirms it or not. :/

Just tested my Clayton with Magma Drake, it isn't UV...sadly.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:04 am

Has anyone seen an opal Winston’s tongue?
Pretzal queen!!
[
spiralcatfox

Postby spiralcatfox » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:34 am

Can I get an opinion?
Which color option for a Xar sounds better:

A) Blue from 4th kind shaft with a granite scales base

B) Blue from Titan (destiny color) shaft with granite scales base

C) both blues from a and b marbled with same colored base

I finally wittled down my choices, but I'm still stuck choosing the gitd blue for the shaft. :misc4: :doh:
spiralcatfox

Postby spiralcatfox » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:47 am

lizardbreath wrote:Has anyone seen an opal Winston’s tongue?

viewtopic.php?f=123&t=23434&start=100#p1174374
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:54 am

spiralcatfox wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:Has anyone seen an opal Winston’s tongue?

viewtopic.php?f=123&t=23434&start=100#p1174374

THANK YOU!!!!!!
Pretzal queen!!
[
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:53 pm

spiralcatfox wrote:Can I get an opinion?

I finally wittled down my choices, but I'm still stuck choosing the gitd blue for the shaft. :misc4: :doh:

I vote for marble
If they’re willing
Pretzal queen!!
[
spiralcatfox

Postby spiralcatfox » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:14 am

lizardbreath wrote:

I vote for marble
If they’re willing

Sorry for bothering again, but do you happen to know of any other grays along the line of granite scales, but instead has a blue shimmer to it? Or blue/green shimmer?
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:58 am

spiralcatfox wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:

I vote for marble
If they’re willing

Sorry for bothering again, but do you happen to know of any other grays along the line of granite scales, but instead has a blue shimmer to it? Or blue/green shimmer?

There’s a lighter grey green in “golden garden”
Hmmmmmmmm
Pretzal queen!!
[
wildbanana

Postby wildbanana » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:03 pm

Can anyone do a mockup of Nox for me, in TARDIS blue, metallic/pearl white marble?

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”