Custom Color Discussion

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
raspberrri

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby raspberrri » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:50 pm

Rispy_Girl wrote:
raspberrri wrote:I got preview pics of my custom space dong! I flip flopped on whether to get a fade or infinity star and finally opted for infinity star.

► Show Spoiler

They're offering to redo it because it doesn't quite match up with my reference picture. I'm going to take them up on that and try for more green-y blues. It's still super pretty, though.

Out of curiosity what are the specs? :scheming:

Small size soft firmness. :3
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:57 pm

raspberrri wrote:I got preview pics of my custom space dong! I flip flopped on whether to get a fade or infinity star and finally opted for infinity star.

► Show Spoiler

They're offering to redo it because it doesn't quite match up with my reference picture. I'm going to take them up on that and try for more green-y blues. It's still super pretty, though.

Damn that's pretty, though!
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:00 pm

► Show Spoiler

Looks great! Isn't the IS colouration supposed to have purple in it, though?
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:04 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:Looks great! Isn't the IS colouration supposed to have purple in it, though?

I think she got a custom 3-color marble in the Infinity Star style.
raspberrri

Postby raspberrri » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:

► Show Spoiler

Looks great! Isn't the IS colouration supposed to have purple in it, though?

Normally, yes, but I went with custom colors based off a specific picture:

The blues on the toy turned out too blue, not enough green! So I'm going to ask them to redo it since they offered. :)
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:07 pm

vixenvega wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:Looks great! Isn't the IS colouration supposed to have purple in it, though?

Ah, I see. It's way better than the time they tried to do something similar for me, with custom colours. I got something that was a flat white, no sparkle or dazzle, and a few stray spots of brown and yellow that didn't even match the colours discussed.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
raspberrri

Postby raspberrri » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:26 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
vixenvega wrote:

Ah, I see. It's way better than the time they tried to do something similar for me, with custom colours. I got something that was a flat white, no sparkle or dazzle, and a few stray spots of brown and yellow that didn't even match the colours discussed.

Ohh, that's awful! They didn't offer to remake it?
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:30 pm

raspberrri wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:
vixenvega wrote:I think she got a custom 3-color marble in the Infinity Star style.

Ohh, that's awful! They didn't offer to remake it?

Nope. it was my custom Moko that I got last yea and paid almost 300 AUD for. They sent me the sloppy pour on purpose and saved the gorgeous one for a later sale. I actually bought the nicer one that dropped and sold off the other. They gave me 30 in store credit after a bit of back and forth with CS. Someone else had a similar issue, with being sent a sloppy pour on an expensive custom, and then the pretty one was dropped in adoptions, months later. CS straight up lied to them, too, about pouring an additional, at first, but later admitted it. I believe they got a repour, months after the fact. I got 30 dollars in credit and had to pay another 200 AUD to buy the actual toy I was supposed to have received, out of adoptions. I'm still a little sore over it.
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:50 pm

► Show Spoiler

Mother of dragons that's so pretty :bugeyed:! If you don't mind how much was that? I saw a four or so color fade that looked like space on Flint yet it was a ready made toy and I'm very sure they wouldn't do a multi color fade for a custom order.

Yet it looks a bit different than Infinity Star? With more greenish to the blue and no purple..plus it's metallic? Here's the promo picture of Infinity Star I found digging through old sales and my Rogue Infinity Star matches up color wise with the promo picture.

You're quite lucky. I haven't heard anyone getting preview pictures of customs since I first joined. I heard it was common practice years ago. Lately people have just been getting what they get without a picture. Sometimes even being told "it's the nature of silicone" for choppy fades, muddy marbles, etc. Some did get offered repours yet in most cases it was only for a single color except that one Opal or some store credit. Seems to depend on who in CS you get I suppose.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
raspberrri

Postby raspberrri » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:33 pm

lovelyscales wrote:

► Show Spoiler

Mother of dragons that's so pretty :bugeyed:! If you don't mind how much was that? I saw a four or so color fade that looked like space on Flint yet it was a ready made toy and I'm very sure they wouldn't do a multi color fade for a custom order.

Yet it looks a bit different than Infinity Star? With more greenish to the blue and no purple..plus it's metallic? Here's the promo picture of Infinity Star I found digging through old sales and my Rogue Infinity Star matches up color wise with the promo picture.

You're quite lucky. I haven't heard anyone getting preview pictures of customs since I first joined. I heard it was common practice years ago. Lately people have just been getting what they get without a picture. Sometimes even being told "it's the nature of silicone" for choppy fades, muddy marbles, etc. Some did get offered repours yet in most cases it was only for a single color except that one Opal or some store credit. Seems to depend on who in CS you get I suppose.

It was $30 extra for the coloration.
They're calling it infinity star but I asked for custom colors based on the inspiration picture and for all of the colors to be shimmery. The colors wound up too blue instead of blue green which they said is due to manufacturing limitations. I do feel lucky they gave me a preview and offered to redo it.
I've been talking with CS a lot and while I've been told "manufacturing limitations" what feels like 100 times, they've been very helpful for me.
BorisLover

Postby BorisLover » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:08 am

Okay people! So ive decided that I definitely NEED a naga dong in my life and im saving up for a custom vasu based off one of these images below.
I dont have the template but if anyone has ideas for colours please suggest them here!
I know I definitely want a fade for the shaft.

Naga.jpg
Naga.jpg (19.6 KiB) Viewed 951 times
images (15).jpg
images (15).jpg (30.72 KiB) Viewed 951 times
images (14).jpg
images (14).jpg (19.41 KiB) Viewed 951 times
20161022_210740.jpg
20161022_210740.jpg (84.63 KiB) Viewed 951 times
Avatar made by Drazard ! ~ Happily Claimed ~ ♡
katze

Postby katze » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:42 am

BorisLover wrote:Okay people! So ive decided that I definitely NEED a naga dong in my life and im saving up for a custom vasu based off one of these images below.
I dont have the template but if anyone has ideas for colours please suggest them here!

Naga.jpg
images (15).jpg
images (14).jpg
20161022_210740.jpg

Based off the last picture, an orange base with a shaft that fades from teal to sea foam green would look nice.

What are these babes from?

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
marshmarshmarsh

Postby marshmarshmarsh » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:55 am

BorisLover wrote:Okay people! So ive decided that I definitely NEED a naga dong in my life and im saving up for a custom vasu based off one of these images below.

Naga.jpg
images (15).jpg
images (14).jpg
20161022_210740.jpg

alexandrite green base, maybe a lunar guardian-light-blue-from-the-marble shaft to loose cannon antique gold tip fade? idk about the fade honestly, um.. maybe the gold would need to be brighter? this looked very nice to me when i picked a warmer, brighter gold, but lemme know what you think?
seeking: Jollies Jollie
selling: Bazel, Pyxis. PM if interested!
katze

Postby katze » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:37 am

Naga.jpg
images (15).jpg
images (14).jpg
20161022_210740.jpg

Here we go (sorry it's shitty, had to use a mouse since I'm not at home with my tablet):

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
Luxx

Postby Luxx » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:49 am

Couple of options for you! Two of these are from using a colour picker on the images, and the first one is based on what makes sense to me to actually be on one of those naga.
Attachments
046369.png
046369.png (13.12 KiB) Viewed 919 times
Vasy.png
Vasy.png (12.9 KiB) Viewed 919 times
EDF25E.png
EDF25E.png (13.04 KiB) Viewed 919 times
BorisLover

Postby BorisLover » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:26 am

Omg you guys are great !!! These are some neato colour ideas.
Thanks for your help. Ill take a better look tomorrow since its super late here. But if you have hex codes that would be good too.
Also theyre from World of Warcraft Katze :)
marshmarshmarsh

Postby marshmarshmarsh » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:35 am

marshmarshmarsh wrote:

alexandrite green base, maybe a lunar guardian-light-blue-from-the-marble shaft to loose cannon antique gold tip fade? idk about the fade honestly, um.. maybe the gold would need to be brighter? this looked very nice to me when i picked a warmer, brighter gold, but lemme know what you think?

BFFFD9.png
BFFFD9.png (13.42 KiB) Viewed 907 times
bleh it didn't upload? sorry.
seeking: Jollies Jollie
selling: Bazel, Pyxis. PM if interested!
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:55 pm

I'm starting to wonder how Elden would look in Golden Hoard, maybe even Absolute Zero. Any thoughts?

Also, thinking about a custom Ridley and though I've been poring through all of BD's colours, past and present, I can't think of anything he might look absolutely stunning in, for some reason. I'd love to hear/see other peoples' recommendations.
BorisLover

Postby BorisLover » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:25 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:I'm starting to wonder how Elden would look in Golden Hoard, maybe even Absolute Zero. Any thoughts?

Personally i think elden suits cool colours better and absolutele zero could potentially look lovely!

As for above comments, i just realised the hex codes are included my bad. Im really digging the orange/ yellow base with the greens though.
As much as i Love the blue to pinkish fade shaft, im worried BD will bugger up that fade since its two colours on nearly the opposite color spectrum
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:08 pm

Feh. Elden can't support split colours. I guess I'll go with the pink to purple, custom fade I've been considering.

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”