Custom Color Discussion

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
katze

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby katze » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:58 am

Fens wrote:hi all! longtime lurker, first time poster here. :blush: it's my first time seriously considering asking for a custom color, so i was just wondering if anyone had a chance with a color scheme like the attatched for reference :nomnom:

It's not a chance, but my nox has a basically identical color scheme! The colors are Jupiter for the shaft, and Halloween Black for the base:

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:33 pm

Does anyone know how much it'd cost to have a toy done in just the shaft colors/highlight from Magma Drake/Clayton's Signature without the split color base? I'm sorta considering that for Sleipnir if highlights are only $10 - $15 because to get a custom 2 color marble with sloppy seconds would run me at least $30 - $40 extra. Really not looking to spend that on a mini toy in a model I've never tried/never tried anything like it.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:36 pm

lovelyscales wrote:Does anyone know how much it'd cost to have a toy done in just the shaft colors/highlight from Magma Drake/Clayton's Signature without the split color base? I'm sorta considering that for Sleipnir if highlights are only $10 - $15 because to get a custom 2 color marble with sloppy seconds would run me at least $30 - $40 extra. Really not looking to spend that on a mini toy in a model I've never tried/never tried anything like it.

You'd have to order Fire, it should be $10.
You can see it on the Dragoness Muzzle. It's the same translucent yellow with red highlight as Magma Drake.
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:44 pm

vixenvega wrote:You'd have to order Fire, it should be $10. You can see it on the Dragoness Muzzle. It's the same translucent yellow with red highlight as Magma Drake.

Thanks! I can certainly live with a $10 extra charge. Not really what I wanted for the toy yet that's just so much less expensive and reasonably priced.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:54 pm

lovelyscales wrote:Thanks! I can certainly live with a $10 extra charge. Not really what I wanted for the toy yet that's just so much less expensive and reasonably priced.

Yeah, sure.
I have a Sleip in Golden Hoard which uses the same yellow and highlight as Magma Drake and Fire. It's really pretty and Sleip catches highlights well.
Draxis Wyrmtail

Postby Draxis Wyrmtail » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:56 am

I just sent the Help Dragons a ticket asking about a custom color Nocturne. However, since they are on holiday it will take a while for them to get back to me due to the probable backlog of requests.
Anyways the custom color was actually inspired by the character art of Nocturne himself I really thought that it looked neat and that I had to have one that looked like it.
Color: Super Customized Split Fade:
Attached in the spoiler is a reference picture.
Shaft: A Toxic Waste Green/Neon Green head that is green GITD, and is a UV reactive green(If both options are not possible together then just have the geen GITD) that fades to a normal Dark Purple base.
Base: A Dark Brown/Tan
► Show Spoiler

EDIT: Well the dragons got back to me and the verdict was a no. Reply in spoiler
► Show Spoiler

I respect the decision but, that makes me have additional questions that they probbably can't/ won't answer. Like why they can't have GITD to normal fades. Is it because, GITD colors have a different comosition and that when mixed with normal colors the toy doesn't cure properly?
If thats the case then how did the color Sooky Seconds work? I am genuinely curious because I know little to nothing about silicone and silicone pouring, so I was somewhat dissatisfied at the vauge answers, but I also understand that the reason that it is vauge is to not reveal their trade secrets
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:22 am

Draxis Wyrmtail wrote:I respect the decision but, that makes me have additional questions that they probbably can't/ won't answer. Like why they can't have GITD to normal fades. Is it because, GITD colors have a different comosition and that when mixed with normal colors the toy doesn't cure properly?

That seems like a logical guess to me...! Some type of chemical mismatch between colors which aren't alike. What about having two different GITD for your fade? The head color could be a "strong" glow and the base color could be a weaker one. It might accomplish what you want...? (Different GITD colors have different glow strengths, and some colors glow longer than others too).

Draxis Wyrmtail wrote:If thats the case then how did the color Sooky Seconds work? I am genuinely curious because I know little to nothing about silicone and silicone pouring, so I was somewhat dissatisfied at the vauge answers, but I also understand that the reason that it is vauge is to not reveal their trade secrets

Spooky Seconds is a type of highlight (a "partial" highlight, it's not all-over). Like you, I don't know much about how silicone is poured. But a highlight seems to be a thin outer layer of color, which barely coats the mold, and can be so thin in places that it becomes transparent. I believe after the highlight is poured to lightly coat the mold, the main colors then fill up the mold. So the highlight is kind of an outer "wash" color, if that makes any sense. On the other hand, a fade is two colors mixing together throughout an entire section of the mold. If you were to cut a faded toy in half, it would be the same color in the center, as it is on the outside. If you cut a highlighted (or spooky/sloppy seconds) toy in half, the center section would be a slightly different color than the outside. (You can also see this effect by looking at the base of a highlighted toy. The highlight colors are never on the bottom of the base, they only show up where the mold is touching.)

That's my amateur interpretation...
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:43 pm

I'm trying to decide on a custom color for a Nox, and I'm stumped. I was wondering if anybody had an opinion on my idea... I'm afraid that I'm going to pick something that turns out horrible.

What about a fade from Giger Black (base) to Jupiter (head) ? Inspired by these pics in the "Show Me" thread:

That's Giger Black fade to Pink, with Sloppy Seconds. I'm not that into a standard pink (if so, I would just get the Night Drake coloration). I like drab colors and metallics.

Other ideas: Giger Black (base) fade to Bronze (head).

Halloween Black (base) fade to Bronze or Jupiter.

I like the idea of a darker base fading to a lighter, warmer color head.

And also, not sure if the base should be another color split... or adding Sloppy Seconds. I'm so confused! LOL
Aether Sergal

Postby Aether Sergal » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:52 am

Does anyone want to make me some colored dong mockups for my boy here?
Sorry for my bad art :psyduck:
Hoard
Echo [S/5]
Tuquoise SOLD
Pretzal [S/5] Tri-color Alexandrite SOLD
Flint [S/8]
Steampunk stud (CT) SOLD
Kelvin [XL/3] "Rogue" (SC)
Snow leopard [OS/3] NocturnesSignature (SC) SOLD
Echo [Mi/5] "Rouge" SOLD
Ika [M/3]
Custom fade
Blaze [M/3] Vasus Signature
AKN [S] Wind Egg Clutch
Roland [L/3] Custom marble
Bumble [M/3] Custom marble

Sold to: Bloodwolf, theambernerd, Lookbehindyou, Gamma Velorum, Rispy_Girl.
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:29 pm

Anyone up for a Moko mockup? Looking for a Pride Streak like this: Saturn PS, with Jupiter shaft, and a Halloween black base.
Thank you!!!
Aether Sergal

Postby Aether Sergal » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:07 pm

Would someone help me do a mockup of repede?
Spoilered because of large image.
► Show Spoiler
Hoard
Echo [S/5]
Tuquoise SOLD
Flint [S/8]
Steampunk stud (CT) SOLD
Echo [Mi/5] "Rouge" SOLD
Ika [M/3]
Custom fade
AKN [S] Wind Egg Clutch

lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:39 am

Ok what's the count of custom orders we put in for the sale?

I ended up with 5
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Laz

Postby Laz » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:23 pm

lizardbreath wrote:Ok what's the count of custom orders we put in for the sale?

I ended up with 5

I did one.
Your polyamorous dragon pal! Memory like a leaky sieve! :mystery:
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:43 pm

lizardbreath wrote:Ok what's the count of custom orders we put in for the sale?

I ended up with 5

Due to the Aus dollar suddenly hitting levels of severe absurdity, I ordered one. My large Elden with SC, in Saturn, should have been 150 + 15 shipping before the 15% off factored in. For me, with shipping, I paid just a hair under 300 flat (wuth the 15% off). If the dollar hadn't been so horrid, I probably would have ordered a Blaze, too. :doh:
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Laz

Postby Laz » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:34 pm

Looking for another opinion about my recent custom...

Has anyone ever gotten gold dazzle on Turquoise before, and do you have photos? Do you think it would look good? I ordered a three colour marble of Turquoise and pearly white during the sale, and have been hopping back and forth on ticketing to add dazzle practically since placing the order. If it would void the sale then I wouldn't bother but since it's free, it shouldn't, right??

it's so hard to be decisive. :sniffing:
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:40 pm

Laz wrote:Looking for another opinion about my recent custom...

Has anyone ever gotten gold dazzle on Turquoise before, and do you have photos? Do you think it would look good? I ordered a three colour marble of Turquoise and pearly white during the sale, and have been hopping back and forth on ticketing to add dazzle practically since placing the order. If it would void the sale then I wouldn't bother but since it's free, it shouldn't, right??

It's free, so won't void the sale.
I'm in favor of glitter on everything! I think it would look nice, just be aware that it could potentially add a yellow tint to your colors. I don't notice one on my dazzled toys but it is the warning CS gave me when I ordered them.
Laz

Postby Laz » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:18 pm

vixenvega wrote:
Laz wrote:Looking for another opinion about my recent custom...

It's free, so won't void the sale.
I'm in favor of glitter on everything! I think it would look nice, just be aware that it could potentially add a yellow tint to your colors. I don't notice one on my dazzled toys but it is the warning CS gave me when I ordered them.

That might not be so bad. I really like greenish blue and the other colours would be fine too. I think I'm gonna ask. Thanks for your input!
HeartlessGlitch

Postby HeartlessGlitch » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:41 pm

Not entirely sure this is the right place to post this, but I think it is, so here we go.

Has anyone ever tried painting a toy, obviously that they never plan on using again, just to have something pretty to look at? I keep thinking up and reading all these custom color ideas, some that would be bloody difficult for BD to do, and some that would be just plain impossible, but would be beautiful, visually. So it occurred to me, if someone didn't ever plan on using a toy again, or selling it, they could paint it. Just a thought.

Granted, they are static figurines, not toys, but I used to do that with Spawn figures. Repaint them how I liked them best.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:01 pm

HeartlessGlitch wrote:Not entirely sure this is the right place to post this, but I think it is, so here we go.

Has anyone ever tried painting a toy, obviously that they never plan on using again, just to have something pretty to look at? I keep thinking up and reading all these custom color ideas, some that would be bloody difficult for BD to do, and some that would be just plain impossible, but would be beautiful, visually. So it occurred to me, if someone didn't ever plan on using a toy again, or selling it, they could paint it. Just a thought.

Granted, they are static figurines, not toys, but I used to do that with Spawn figures. Repaint them how I liked them best.

i know that acrylics flake right the hell off :(
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Aether Sergal

Postby Aether Sergal » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:13 pm

HeartlessGlitch wrote:Not entirely sure this is the right place to post this, but I think it is, so here we go.

I'm unsure if this will melt the silicone but, what I do when painting weird surfaces is that I use spray paint in light coats (wait for it to dry then add another coat so on and so on until its a solid color, it helps prevent flaking, and goes on more smoothly than acrylic paint or any brushed on paint.
Hoard
Echo [S/5]
Tuquoise SOLD
Flint [S/8]
Steampunk stud (CT) SOLD
Echo [Mi/5] "Rouge" SOLD
Ika [M/3]
Custom fade
AKN [S] Wind Egg Clutch

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”