Custom Color Discussion

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
User avatar
lizardbreath
Posts: 3446
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:06 pm
Gender: female
Location: pgh, pa

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby lizardbreath » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:20 pm

Aether Sergal wrote:
HeartlessGlitch wrote:Not entirely sure this is the right place to post this, but I think it is, so here we go.

Has anyone ever tried painting a toy, obviously that they never plan on using again, just to have something pretty to look at? I keep thinking up and reading all these custom color ideas, some that would be bloody difficult for BD to do, and some that would be just plain impossible, but would be beautiful, visually. So it occurred to me, if someone didn't ever plan on using a toy again, or selling it, they could paint it. Just a thought.

Granted, they are static figurines, not toys, but I used to do that with Spawn figures. Repaint them how I liked them best.



I'm unsure if this will melt the silicone but, what I do when painting weird surfaces is that I use spray paint in light coats (wait for it to dry then add another coat so on and so on until its a solid color, it helps prevent flaking, and goes on more smoothly than acrylic paint or any brushed on paint.

The spray primer I used didn't melt it! (krylon of some variety)
Buuuuuuut...it still flakes :doh:
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
User avatar
Aether Sergal
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:45 pm
Gender: Boi

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Aether Sergal » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:23 pm

lizardbreath wrote:
Aether Sergal wrote:
HeartlessGlitch wrote:Not entirely sure this is the right place to post this, but I think it is, so here we go.

Has anyone ever tried painting a toy, obviously that they never plan on using again, just to have something pretty to look at? I keep thinking up and reading all these custom color ideas, some that would be bloody difficult for BD to do, and some that would be just plain impossible, but would be beautiful, visually. So it occurred to me, if someone didn't ever plan on using a toy again, or selling it, they could paint it. Just a thought.

Granted, they are static figurines, not toys, but I used to do that with Spawn figures. Repaint them how I liked them best.



I'm unsure if this will melt the silicone but, what I do when painting weird surfaces is that I use spray paint in light coats (wait for it to dry then add another coat so on and so on until its a solid color, it helps prevent flaking, and goes on more smoothly than acrylic paint or any brushed on paint.

The spray primer I used didn't melt it! (krylon of some variety)
Buuuuuuut...it still flakes :doh:


Well I would imagine painting anything squishy would flake :misc4: :crying: I just think spray pain looks a little bit better and flakes just a little less?
Image
Hoard
Echo [S/5]
Tuquoise SOLD
Pretzal [S/5] Tri-color Alexandrite SOLD
Flint [S/8]
Steampunk stud (CT) SOLD
Kelvin [XL/3] "Rogue" (SC)
Snow leopard [OS/3] NocturnesSignature (SC) SOLD
Echo [Mi/5] "Rouge" SOLD
Ika [M/3]
Custom fade
Blaze [M/3] Vasus Signature
AKN [S] Wind Egg Clutch
Roland [L/3] Custom marble
Bumble [M/3] Custom marble

Sold to: Bloodwolf, theambernerd, Lookbehindyou, Gamma Velorum, Rispy_Girl.
User avatar
HeartlessGlitch
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:36 pm
Gender: Male
Location: -4 GMT

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby HeartlessGlitch » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:52 pm

Ah yes. I'd considering flaking as far as the squishability goes but not as far as the chemical bonding between the silicone and the paint. Acrylics are what I use, but perhaps latex based paint would work better? I'd have to assume latex would be safe to use on them since condoms are generally latex and they're fine to use on our toys.

I'm gonna have to test these ideas on my Razor. Out of curiosity, since I'm assuming that's a teenie in the picture, are the normal teenies made from the same silicone as the actual toys? I got a Nox keychain and it is some kind of ultra hard plastic, not sure exactly what kind though. Seems like it'd be cake to paint.
User avatar
Trikor
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:09 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Oregon

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Trikor » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:37 pm

HeartlessGlitch wrote:Ah yes. I'd considering flaking as far as the squishability goes but not as far as the chemical bonding between the silicone and the paint. Acrylics are what I use, but perhaps latex based paint would work better? I'd have to assume latex would be safe to use on them since condoms are generally latex and they're fine to use on our toys.

I'm gonna have to test these ideas on my Razor. Out of curiosity, since I'm assuming that's a teenie in the picture, are the normal teenies made from the same silicone as the actual toys? I got a Nox keychain and it is some kind of ultra hard plastic, not sure exactly what kind though. Seems like it'd be cake to paint.

Latex paint was my first thought as well, as it is supple enough to flex with the silicone, however I question if it will actually adhere to the toy, or if it will just kinda separate over time, ending up like a loose disintegrating paint condom.
User avatar
lizardbreath
Posts: 3446
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:06 pm
Gender: female
Location: pgh, pa

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby lizardbreath » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:40 pm

HeartlessGlitch wrote:Ah yes. I'd considering flaking as far as the squishability goes but not as far as the chemical bonding between the silicone and the paint. Acrylics are what I use, but perhaps latex based paint would work better? I'd have to assume latex would be safe to use on them since condoms are generally latex and they're fine to use on our toys.

I'm gonna have to test these ideas on my Razor. Out of curiosity, since I'm assuming that's a teenie in the picture, are the normal teenies made from the same silicone as the actual toys? I got a Nox keychain and it is some kind of ultra hard plastic, not sure exactly what kind though. Seems like it'd be cake to paint.

yup! that's a teenie
and, as far as i know they are made from the same stuff as the toys :)

keep us updated on your results?
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
User avatar
Skritch Sketch
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:48 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Skritch Sketch » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:54 am

Already in da posted this somewhere else, but I'm posting it again here! Bottom would be a really inky blue color that was almost black, faded into their base silicon color, maybe with sloppy seconds to emulate cracks or something? I'd have to ticket to ask about that though Image
What is a man? *Tosses lube decanter, which breaks* Nothing but a miserable little pile of sex toys! But enough talk, have at you!
User avatar
BnS_Pup
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:37 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby BnS_Pup » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:37 pm

Are the starlight glow options still available? I'm looking for GITD colors for Echo and Rex and the only confirmed I've seen so far are teh lightsaber colors they have up now, which dont look that interesting to me. Havent shopped here for a while
User avatar
Amaranthe
Posts: 2466
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:10 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Amaranthe » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:45 pm

BnS_Pup wrote:Are the starlight glow options still available? I'm looking for GITD colors for Echo and Rex and the only confirmed I've seen so far are teh lightsaber colors they have up now, which dont look that interesting to me. Havent shopped here for a while

If you check the order page of literally any of the insertables you can find Starlight Glow, Duka-Cola Quantum, Ultraviolet, and Ectoplasm. Those are the GITD colors they offer all the time. There are also GITD toy-specific colors that you can sometimes order other other toys, like Ika's marble of two GITD colors, or Nocturne's GITD with a purple highlight. There's also 4th Kind and 5th Kind, which are GITD marbles, that are listed on all the order pages for insertables that take marbles. There's also Spooky Seconds, which adds a GITD drip effect. There are way more GITD options than just the Bright Blade colors if you have a look around at all! :widesmile:
User avatar
BnS_Pup
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:37 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby BnS_Pup » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:51 pm

Amaranthe wrote:
BnS_Pup wrote:Are the starlight glow options still available? I'm looking for GITD colors for Echo and Rex and the only confirmed I've seen so far are teh lightsaber colors they have up now, which dont look that interesting to me. Havent shopped here for a while

If you check the order page of literally any of the insertables you can find Starlight Glow, Duka-Cola Quantum, Ultraviolet, and Ectoplasm. Those are the GITD colors they offer all the time. There are also GITD toy-specific colors that you can sometimes order other other toys, like Ika's marble of two GITD colors, or Nocturne's GITD with a purple highlight. There's also 4th Kind and 5th Kind, which are GITD marbles, that are listed on all the order pages for insertables that take marbles. There's also Spooky Seconds, which adds a GITD drip effect. There are way more GITD options than just the Bright Blade colors if you have a look around at all! :widesmile:

I just didnt click enough of the options to find the starlight. I'm guessing if I wanted Rex in Janine's fire I would email the staff or something?
User avatar
Amaranthe
Posts: 2466
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:10 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Amaranthe » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:54 pm

BnS_Pup wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:
BnS_Pup wrote:Are the starlight glow options still available? I'm looking for GITD colors for Echo and Rex and the only confirmed I've seen so far are teh lightsaber colors they have up now, which dont look that interesting to me. Havent shopped here for a while

If you check the order page of literally any of the insertables you can find Starlight Glow, Duka-Cola Quantum, Ultraviolet, and Ectoplasm. Those are the GITD colors they offer all the time. There are also GITD toy-specific colors that you can sometimes order other other toys, like Ika's marble of two GITD colors, or Nocturne's GITD with a purple highlight. There's also 4th Kind and 5th Kind, which are GITD marbles, that are listed on all the order pages for insertables that take marbles. There's also Spooky Seconds, which adds a GITD drip effect. There are way more GITD options than just the Bright Blade colors if you have a look around at all! :widesmile:

I just didnt click enough of the options to find the starlight. I'm guessing if I wanted Rex in Janine's fire I would email the staff or something?

It's not obvious which ones are GITD so I always have to click just about all of them, haha! That's what I meant about looking around. And yeah, you just send in a ticket asking about what you want, and they'll let you know if they can do it or not. :smilenox:
User avatar
BnS_Pup
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:37 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby BnS_Pup » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:59 pm

Amaranthe wrote:
BnS_Pup wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:If you check the order page of literally any of the insertables you can find Starlight Glow, Duka-Cola Quantum, Ultraviolet, and Ectoplasm. Those are the GITD colors they offer all the time. There are also GITD toy-specific colors that you can sometimes order other other toys, like Ika's marble of two GITD colors, or Nocturne's GITD with a purple highlight. There's also 4th Kind and 5th Kind, which are GITD marbles, that are listed on all the order pages for insertables that take marbles. There's also Spooky Seconds, which adds a GITD drip effect. There are way more GITD options than just the Bright Blade colors if you have a look around at all! :widesmile:

I just didnt click enough of the options to find the starlight. I'm guessing if I wanted Rex in Janine's fire I would email the staff or something?

It's not obvious which ones are GITD so I always have to click just about all of them, haha! That's what I meant about looking around. And yeah, you just send in a ticket asking about what you want, and they'll let you know if they can do it or not. :smilenox:

Many thanks
User avatar
reine
Posts: 1426
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:39 pm
Gender: F
Location: Canada

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby reine » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:41 pm

I've been contemplating capping off my collection (for now) with a Moko, either in Copperhead or based off of the Prithvi Mata from the God Eater games:

image.png


... but I don't know what colour (some kind of split) would work best for her! :psyduck: Any suggestions? Right now, I'm debating Blue Skink, Sleipnir's natural fade, Mischief Mounted, or Giger Black base + Sleipnir's natural shaft in metallic, but maybe something else would fit better??
:psyduck:
User avatar
katze
Posts: 2257
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:05 pm
Gender: female/idc
Location: CA

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby katze » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:47 pm

reine wrote:I've been contemplating capping off my collection (for now) with a Moko, either in Copperhead or based off of the Prithvi Mata from the God Eater games:

image.png


... but I don't know what colour (some kind of split) would work best for her! :psyduck: Any suggestions? Right now, I'm debating Blue Skink, Sleipnir's natural fade, Mischief Mounted, or Giger Black base + Sleipnir's natural shaft in metallic, but maybe something else would fit better??


Giger black base and sleipnir's natural shaft in metallic sounds perfect!
Image

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
User avatar
reine
Posts: 1426
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:39 pm
Gender: F
Location: Canada

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby reine » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:51 pm

katze wrote:
reine wrote:I've been contemplating capping off my collection (for now) with a Moko, either in Copperhead or based off of the Prithvi Mata from the God Eater games:

image.png


... but I don't know what colour (some kind of split) would work best for her! :psyduck: Any suggestions? Right now, I'm debating Blue Skink, Sleipnir's natural fade, Mischief Mounted, or Giger Black base + Sleipnir's natural shaft in metallic, but maybe something else would fit better??


Giger black base and sleipnir's natural shaft in metallic sounds perfect!


Thanks! That was sounding like the best option to me, too. :misc2:

Now I just have to choose if I want a medium or large...
:psyduck:
User avatar
Duncan Cahokian
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:32 am
Gender: Magical Male

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Duncan Cahokian » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:39 pm

Seeing as I have been putting out threads in SecondHand forums looking for a good Medium Trent and have had no luck, it looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and grab myself a custom.

But If I'm going to do that, I'm going to do it right. 3/8 split, Cum Tube, Section cup, and a split fade based off of Garnet from Steven Universe (Because why not?)

Still kinda playing with the colors. Any ideas or suggestions?

This what I have so far:
► Show Spoiler
You know what the best thing about hitting rock bottom is? There only one way to go, and that's UP! -Buster Moon
User avatar
katze
Posts: 2257
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:05 pm
Gender: female/idc
Location: CA

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby katze » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:09 pm

FlyingFur wrote:Seeing as I have been putting out threads in SecondHand forums looking for a good Medium Trent and have had no luck, it looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and grab myself a custom.

But If I'm going to do that, I'm going to do it right. 3/8 split, Cum Tube, Section cup, and a split fade based off of Garnet from Steven Universe (Because why not?)

Still kinda playing with the colors. Any ideas or suggestions?

This what I have so far:
► Show Spoiler


A marble of her pant colors might be cool for the base, or her hair color would look great.
Image

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
User avatar
Duncan Cahokian
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:32 am
Gender: Magical Male

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Duncan Cahokian » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:13 pm

katze wrote: A marble of her pant colors might be cool for the base, or her hair color would look great.


I'd love that, but I do like the fade from her gem to skin color. I wonder if they could attempt marble bases?

I was also thinking of a violet spooky seconds, for fun.
You know what the best thing about hitting rock bottom is? There only one way to go, and that's UP! -Buster Moon
User avatar
katze
Posts: 2257
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:05 pm
Gender: female/idc
Location: CA

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby katze » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:47 pm

FlyingFur wrote:
katze wrote: A marble of her pant colors might be cool for the base, or her hair color would look great.


I'd love that, but I do like the fade from her gem to skin color. I wonder if they could attempt marble bases?

I was also thinking of a violet spooky seconds, for fun.


They can do marble bases! You just have to ask to make sure they can do it on the model you want.
Image

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
User avatar
Duncan Cahokian
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:32 am
Gender: Magical Male

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Duncan Cahokian » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:55 pm

katze wrote:
FlyingFur wrote:
katze wrote: A marble of her pant colors might be cool for the base, or her hair color would look great.


I'd love that, but I do like the fade from her gem to skin color. I wonder if they could attempt marble bases?

I was also thinking of a violet spooky seconds, for fun.


They can do marble bases! You just have to ask to make sure they can do it on the model you want.


$45 dollar color. Plus the $45 in Extras. My wallet is going to hurt. :surprised:
You know what the best thing about hitting rock bottom is? There only one way to go, and that's UP! -Buster Moon
User avatar
QueenCheetah93
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:35 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby QueenCheetah93 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:35 pm

FlyingFur wrote:
katze wrote:
FlyingFur wrote:
I'd love that, but I do like the fade from her gem to skin color. I wonder if they could attempt marble bases?

I was also thinking of a violet spooky seconds, for fun.


They can do marble bases! You just have to ask to make sure they can do it on the model you want.


$45 dollar color. Plus the $45 in Extras. My wallet is going to hurt. :surprised:


I would look at all the regular colors they have for the other dicks and see if one fits? That way you get a more complex design for the same amount of money? My custom split was $30 extra, even though one of those colors was garnet and the other was shiny.

But it's up to you, and it's certainly worth ticketing! :) A SU Garnet dong sounds amazing!
My Current Collection!
► Show Spoiler


Twin Tail Creations/Damn Average
-Dante the Anubite
-Krampuskitzler

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests