Page 189 of 191

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:54 am
by lizardbreath
Phelvia wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:updated gitd list in gallery :stick:


Just a quick clarification; is it possible to marble something with...say the black part that's the GITD Resident Pleasure color with...i dunno, the pink from Jesters Queen? Or it is strictly "can only use these colors in it's preset fashion"?

Sadly, only the already existing mixes :(

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:28 pm
by reine
I want to get an Anje based off of Vaal Hazak from Monster Hunter World, but I can’t find a suitable colour!

I had originally thought of Giger Black, but that’s a bit dark... and then Flint Sheath’s Signature is a lot more vivid green than the photos, so that’s not going to work, either. :doh:

Anyone know of a good metallic grey-green that might fit?

814A0A7D-650B-4AF0-9EF0-541A6FCBE2DC.jpeg
A92B5AA3-5F13-4CFD-BFEA-181027C5B1CA.png
A92B5AA3-5F13-4CFD-BFEA-181027C5B1CA.png (416.84 KiB) Viewed 2463 times

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:52 pm
by lizardbreath
reine wrote:I want to get an Anje based off of Vaal Hazak from Monster Hunter World, but I can’t find a suitable colour!

I had originally thought of Giger Black, but that’s a bit dark... and then Flint Sheath’s Signature is a lot more vivid green than the photos, so that’s not going to work, either. :doh:

Anyone know of a good metallic grey-green that might fit?

814A0A7D-650B-4AF0-9EF0-541A6FCBE2DC.jpeg
A92B5AA3-5F13-4CFD-BFEA-181027C5B1CA.png


granite scales from the original kaiju aftermath!!!!!

it's like a greyed out geiger black/green

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:55 pm
by Jasmine
lizardbreath wrote:
reine wrote:I want to get an Anje based off of Vaal Hazak from Monster Hunter World, but I can’t find a suitable colour!

I had originally thought of Giger Black, but that’s a bit dark... and then Flint Sheath’s Signature is a lot more vivid green than the photos, so that’s not going to work, either. :doh:

Anyone know of a good metallic grey-green that might fit?

814A0A7D-650B-4AF0-9EF0-541A6FCBE2DC.jpeg
A92B5AA3-5F13-4CFD-BFEA-181027C5B1CA.png


granite scales from the original kaiju aftermath!!!!!

it's like a greyed out geiger black/green


I was just going to say that!

I can't find the original sale post for the Kaiju colors, but the revamped one seems cool still. I have a Nova in the original Kaiju Aftermath and the blackish grey green is very pretty! The newer version seems to have a bit more blue to it.

https://bad-dragon.com/sales/kaijuaftermath2
Image

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:58 pm
by lizardbreath
Image

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:25 am
by reine
Jasmine wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:granite scales from the original kaiju aftermath!!!!!

it's like a greyed out geiger black/green


I was just going to say that!

I can't find the original sale post for the Kaiju colors, but the revamped one seems cool still. I have a Nova in the original Kaiju Aftermath and the blackish grey green is very pretty! The newer version seems to have a bit more blue to it.


I forgot about Granite Scales! That would be perfect, thank you! :widesmile:

(Now hopefully I can order it! I know they can be fussy about metallics on penetrables, haha...)

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:18 am
by Harbenz
I want a Hankey's Seahorse, but I'm not very good at choosing colors, so I would like some advice.
I want a highlight, but not what tone. I really liked this one they did before.
► Show Spoiler

Is gold over black. I don't know if asking for their standard colors, Natural tan over Deep brown, would make a too subtle effect.
It's not possible, but if I had to say by BD colors maybe I would dare with the cyan from Split artic ice over Night sky with gold dazzle... maybe that would be the most daring thing for what I would go for, but I'm open to consider anything. I looked at pictures of IRL seahorses (the animal) but... meh.

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:18 pm
by Grimly Fiendish
Harbenz wrote: I don't know if asking for their standard colors, Natural tan over Deep brown, would make a too subtle effect.


I think any color highlight would really bring out the texture of that toy. I don't like brown very much, so I would personally go in a different direction, but I think it would look nice.

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:45 am
by Grimly Fiendish
Which colors (if any) are very UV reactive, besides the obvious custom colors Neon Red, Neon Pink, Neon Purple, Neon Yellow, Neon Orange, Neon Blue?

I just got a 2nd hand toy which fades from Neon Pink to Neon Blue, and it doesn't look like anything special in regular light, but under UV light it looks amazing. It's just a simple fade (and under UV light, the fade actually looks even smoother) but I really enjoy it. Neon Blue looks especially luminescent to me. Photos really don't capture it. I think I like UV more than GITD.

Are there any other colors that look especially good in UV light, which aren't labeled "neon"?

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:45 am
by Harbenz
I remember seeing a post not so long ago with a very complete list of UV color, but I don't remember in which thread or the autor.

Grimly Fiendish wrote:I think any color highlight would really bring out the texture of that toy. I don't like brown very much, so I would personally go in a different direction, but I think it would look nice.

I think I'm go to ask if they can add metallics, could make it more interesting. The colors they usually do are either very bright or pastel, and it's not my thing. Their metallic green is ugly to me. Also think of the classic black and red combo, but may look too... spidey.

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:52 am
by CakeLurker
Grimly Fiendish wrote:Which colors (if any) are very UV reactive, besides the obvious custom colors Neon Red, Neon Pink, Neon Purple, Neon Yellow, Neon Orange, Neon Blue?

I just got a 2nd hand toy which fades from Neon Pink to Neon Blue, and it doesn't look like anything special in regular light, but under UV light it looks amazing. It's just a simple fade (and under UV light, the fade actually looks even smoother) but I really enjoy it. Neon Blue looks especially luminescent to me. Photos really don't capture it. I think I like UV more than GITD.

Are there any other colors that look especially good in UV light, which aren't labeled "neon"?

I believe Violet and the ice from Split Arctic Ice are UV reactive. Don't know the rest.

I also want to say that the yellow from Clayton's signature is UV, but I can't find the thread that confirms it or not. :/

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:39 pm
by Phelvia
CakeLurker wrote:
I also want to say that the yellow from Clayton's signature is UV, but I can't find the thread that confirms it or not. :/


Just tested my Clayton with Magma Drake, it isn't UV...sadly.

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:04 am
by lizardbreath
Has anyone seen an opal Winston’s tongue?

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:34 am
by spiralcatfox
Can I get an opinion?
Which color option for a Xar sounds better:

A) Blue from 4th kind shaft with a granite scales base

B) Blue from Titan (destiny color) shaft with granite scales base

C) both blues from a and b marbled with same colored base

I finally wittled down my choices, but I'm still stuck choosing the gitd blue for the shaft. :misc4: :doh:

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:47 am
by spiralcatfox
lizardbreath wrote:Has anyone seen an opal Winston’s tongue?



viewtopic.php?f=123&t=23434&start=100#p1174374

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:54 am
by lizardbreath
spiralcatfox wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:Has anyone seen an opal Winston’s tongue?



viewtopic.php?f=123&t=23434&start=100#p1174374

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:53 pm
by lizardbreath
spiralcatfox wrote:Can I get an opinion?
Which color option for a Xar sounds better:

A) Blue from 4th kind shaft with a granite scales base

B) Blue from Titan (destiny color) shaft with granite scales base

C) both blues from a and b marbled with same colored base

I finally wittled down my choices, but I'm still stuck choosing the gitd blue for the shaft. :misc4: :doh:


I vote for marble
If they’re willing

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:14 am
by spiralcatfox
lizardbreath wrote:
spiralcatfox wrote:Can I get an opinion?
Which color option for a Xar sounds better:

A) Blue from 4th kind shaft with a granite scales base

B) Blue from Titan (destiny color) shaft with granite scales base

C) both blues from a and b marbled with same colored base

I finally wittled down my choices, but I'm still stuck choosing the gitd blue for the shaft. :misc4: :doh:


I vote for marble
If they’re willing


Sorry for bothering again, but do you happen to know of any other grays along the line of granite scales, but instead has a blue shimmer to it? Or blue/green shimmer?

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:58 am
by lizardbreath
spiralcatfox wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:
spiralcatfox wrote:Can I get an opinion?
Which color option for a Xar sounds better:

A) Blue from 4th kind shaft with a granite scales base

B) Blue from Titan (destiny color) shaft with granite scales base

C) both blues from a and b marbled with same colored base

I finally wittled down my choices, but I'm still stuck choosing the gitd blue for the shaft. :misc4: :doh:


I vote for marble
If they’re willing


Sorry for bothering again, but do you happen to know of any other grays along the line of granite scales, but instead has a blue shimmer to it? Or blue/green shimmer?

There’s a lighter grey green in “golden garden”
Hmmmmmmmm

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:03 pm
by wildbanana
Can anyone do a mockup of Nox for me, in TARDIS blue, metallic/pearl white marble?