Custom Color Discussion

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Alexander

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Alexander » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:20 am

MistKitty wrote:It's a good day when you color some cocks~

Ah, thank you so much! Those pride streaks are beautiful.
[url=http://forums.bad-dragon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3564&p=731585#p731585]Toy Checklist[/url] || [url=http://forums.bad-dragon.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6911&p=757809#p757809]Toy Gallery[/url] || [url=http://forums.bad-dragon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5289&p=739140#p739140]BD Bio[/url]
Donut

Postby Donut » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:50 am

FluffyFaline wrote:I've been taking requests for templates over at my dongles tumblr

DAT SPACEDICK. MURRRRRRR...
I've decided that in two weeks I'm going to make my first BD order! Hooray! Problem is, I'm not sure what I want. Can you guys help me pick? Depending on funds, it may be one or two. But I have colored some dicks:
Jade Anthrodragon (with highlight.. Thinking I might go with a pale gold instead, not sure):
smjadeanthrodragon2.jpg
smjadeanthrodragon2.jpg (26.49 KiB) Viewed 3996 times

Silver and gold cockatrice (all metallic marble with pearly highlight & base)
guymalterbhl2.jpg

This David (I'd like some slight pearl added to that base, or eliminate the brown completely):
smoctavecock2.jpg

Or a pride streak Karabos:
smseabeastie.jpg
smseabeastie.jpg (24.68 KiB) Viewed 3996 times

smcitruskarabos.jpg
smcitruskarabos.jpg (29.22 KiB) Viewed 3996 times
GITD if possible.

HALP!
Last edited by Donut on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MistKitty

Postby MistKitty » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:55 pm

Alexander wrote:Ah, thank you so much! Those pride streaks are beautiful.

You're welcome :)

Donut wrote:I'm not sure what I want. Can you guys help me pick? Depending on funds, it may be one or two. But I have colored some dicks

HALP!

I don't have any of those, so I can't give firsthand advice, but that Anthro with a pale gold highlight would look great, and would also make a good first toy. I have an example of an Anthro with a highlight (not mine):
110.JPG
Looks like black with white highlight

So the highlight should show well, and look great over those colors you picked :D Is that a fade you have there, under the highlight?

Don't know how experienced you are, but no on the Crackers, only because it's your first toy from BD, and having all the width at the top of the shaft (which is more round than the Anthro foreskin) could be tricky.

David also seems to be a good first toy, and that shaft is puurty! You planning on getting that in a fade, or stripe? If fade, I don't know how well they can do it that high up the shaft. You can always ask, though!

I love that blue pridestreak Xar. Those colors work greeeat together. I've heard great things about the Xar for those with a vagina, but Xar has the biggest knot out of the ones you chose, so maybe not for your first.

The Anthro and David are what I'd go with. They're the smaller of the four, if only slightly. But slightly makes a hell of a difference sometimes :psyduck:. If you want to start with all the width at the base of the shaft, David and Xar are for you.
Dreaming Doll

Postby Dreaming Doll » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:25 pm

FluffyFaline wrote:Image

*hands on cheeks* I need this in my life.
Call me Pixie. I'm a magical girl from the sparkle dimension!

... I wish. You can still call me Pixie, though. ♥
MistKitty

Postby MistKitty » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:01 pm

Tears. All the tears.
I finally figure out how I want my Gryphon, only to find out it's a no-go. :cry:

I'm just gonna curl up and stare forlornly at my dream-Gryphon dick.

unicorngryphonblackbase2.jpg
Based off of the flop unicorn peen.

The Gryphon brought me to BD and it's so damn far away from me ;-;
BlackSheep

Postby BlackSheep » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Hmmm...

What exactly did you ask for? Just to replicate the Chance? Or did you want them to stuff all five of those colors in there? I'm not sure what they are and are not doing, but maybe you can ticket and ask for just the really light blue as a highlight over the blue and red marble? If they are kosher with that it would get you very close results.
Splicer-Gene27

Postby Splicer-Gene27 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:15 pm

hmmm i wonder what a sly midnight ridgeback with extreme pearlescents would look like

or

i wonder if i could get a light natural with extreme pearlescent
Female| 25| Cosplayer | RolePlayer

Toy List
► Show Spoiler

Check my profile for Wish List

Bad Dragon Bio~Tumblr
Donut

Postby Donut » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:50 pm

MistKitty wrote: I don't have any of those, so I can't give firsthand advice, but that Anthro with a pale gold highlight would look great, and would also make a good first toy. I have an example of an Anthro with a highlight (not mine):
So the highlight should show well, and look great over those colors you picked :D Is that a fade you have there, under the highlight?

Yes it's a fade.. And the gargoyle cock is what made me think of the design! I'm leaning towards the pale gold as a highlight, too, yummy.

MistKitty wrote: Don't know how experienced you are, but no on the Crackers, only because it's your first toy from BD, and having all the width at the top of the shaft (which is more round than the Anthro foreskin) could be tricky.

I have other toys, and I hope I'm not being overzealous, but I *think* I can manage the small if it's soft. I have the Giorgio by Vamp, and that thing is HARD, but I managed to use it (although barely, and it was uncomfortable)... If I end up getting two, I think this is my second choice... I have my little heart set on this coloration!

MistKitty wrote: David also seems to be a good first toy, and that shaft is puurty! You planning on getting that in a fade, or stripe? If fade, I don't know how well they can do it that high up the shaft. You can always ask, though!

I'm going to ticket it, but after I change it to just a 3 color fade without the brown base, and ask about the lavender ”sloppy seconds” highlight. Thanks for all your suggestions!

Also that sucks about your gryphon... I was hoping the magical unicorn chance could be replicated, because those colors were so gorgeous. :cry:
Aradea

charater spasific color combo recomendations/help

Postby Aradea » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:17 am

ok I hope that subject is not miss leading or confusing but im needing some help on doing a custom marble color for a dragoness toy I want to order. I had two characters in mind that I would have wanted to bass the colors on the dragoness I want to order. one being Saphire from the Eragon books, the other being Cynder from the Spyro games. both of them are dragonesses that I like and would want to get toys based off of but im not sure how I should get them colored. im looking at getting it in the marble desin but my only problem is getting there colors right could anyone help me or maybe give an example of what they think would be the best primary and secondary colors for either one of the two im looking to color the toy after?

I have a few ideas already but not sure what looks best so if anyone has a color combo they thing works please post a link of it if you would please.
FluffyFaline

Postby FluffyFaline » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:32 am

More dongles on my dongles blog:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MistKitty

Postby MistKitty » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:08 am

BlackSheep wrote:Hmmm...

What exactly did you ask for? Just to replicate the Chance? Or did you want them to stuff all five of those colors in there? I'm not sure what they are and are not doing, but maybe you can ticket and ask for just the really light blue as a highlight over the blue and red marble? If they are kosher with that it would get you very close results.

To me, it looked like a purple shaft, with three different highlights. I added the black base split and that's what I asked for. They told me they don't have a way to duplicate the effect of the Chance, but what you said has me intrigued. I wonder if they could do a vertical-type of marble, or something similar to the effect... I'm going to play around with it some more, and see if that's something they can do.

Thanks, Sheep! You've given me some hope here :glomp:

Donut wrote:I hope I'm not being overzealous, but I *think* I can manage the small if it's soft... If I end up getting two, I think this is my second choice... I have my little heart set on this coloration!
Thanks for all your suggestions!

Also that sucks about your gryphon... I was hoping the magical unicorn chance could be replicated, because those colors were so gorgeous. :cry:

You're welcome. I know how it's like to have your heart set on something, so you wanna get it first. I've been coming up with so many color ideas, I don't even know what I want next anymore. I wanted my Gryphon to be my first toy. Now it may be one of the last ones I get -sigh-

Sheep may have shed new light on the unicorn peen dilemma. Imma fiddle around and see if they can achieve it in a different way than I originally asked.
Aradea

Postby Aradea » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:19 pm

im setting up a marble colored dragoness and im trying to get a color set up that would be in Cynder's colors (cynder from the spyro games) and another marble done is Saphira's colors (from the Eragon books)

anyone got any good ideas on what I should uses for colors #1 and #2 for each of them?
Splicer-Gene27

Postby Splicer-Gene27 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:58 am

Could somebody do a mockup of a ridgeback based on the dragon Smaug
thehobbit-smaug-blog630-jpg_201437.jpg
SMAUG.jpg
Smaug inside information.jpg
1881268230_1359899548.jpg

Toy List
► Show Spoiler

Bad Dragon Bio~Tumblr
Keely

Postby Keely » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:04 am

Splicer-Gene27 wrote:Could somebody do a mockup of a ridgeback based on the dragon Smaug
SMAUG.jpg

oh my gosh...best coloration would be red base with heavy gold pigment and then a gold to black metallic faded shaft :3 ooooor a black metallic shaft with a gold metallic highlight!! It'd be the same amount and highlights look REALLY good on the ridgeback
My Toybox23/Genderfluid/TakenUSAFor Sale
MistKitty

Postby MistKitty » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:52 pm

Augh, Keely! What are you doing to meee. That sounds so good :aaaaa:
Splicer-Gene27

Postby Splicer-Gene27 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:54 pm

Keely wrote:
Splicer-Gene27 wrote:Could somebody do a mockup of a ridgeback based on the dragon Smaug
SMAUG.jpg

oh my gosh...best coloration would be red base with heavy gold pigment and then a gold to black metallic faded shaft :3 ooooor a black metallic shaft with a gold metallic highlight!! It'd be the same amount and highlights look REALLY good on the ridgeback

nnnn that gave me exactly what im going to get in my mind 8,D ahhh so excited now

Toy List
► Show Spoiler

Bad Dragon Bio~Tumblr
FluffyFaline

Postby FluffyFaline » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:37 pm

Aaah, you requested this on my blog? I will be getting on it shortly!
Splicer-Gene27

Postby Splicer-Gene27 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:46 pm

FluffyFaline wrote:

Aaah, you requested this on my blog? I will be getting on it shortly!

pfft maybe >.> lol i didnt know of your blog after i did it on here and ;idzfjnbv sorry if im all yeah to pushy and needy 8,D

Toy List
► Show Spoiler

Bad Dragon Bio~Tumblr
Donut

Postby Donut » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:43 pm

I gave it a shot. I gave him a gold highlight:
rustyridgexx.jpg
rustyridgexx.jpg (28.38 KiB) Viewed 3720 times
FluffyFaline

Postby FluffyFaline » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:21 am

Splicer-Gene27 wrote:pfft maybe >.> lol i didnt know of your blog after i did it on here and ;idzfjnbv sorry if im all yeah to pushy and needy 8,D

Heheh, it's no trouble.

Tumblr's not letting me upload things so putting it here :3
Attachments
ridgebacksmaug2.png
ridgebacksmaug.png

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”