How long do BD toys last?

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
WildFire

How long do BD toys last?

Postby WildFire » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:53 pm

I was curious...

How long do BD toys last? Do they start to deteriorate after a few years? Or could i conceivably have them forever. :stick:
Michael

Re: How long do BD toys last?

Postby Michael » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:57 pm

As long as you don't do something to mess them up (like use the wrong lube) they should last nearly forever.
niceGuy

Postby niceGuy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:17 pm

this is a question i also would like to have an answer from staff.
googling reveals that silicone is quite sturdy and used widely in construction and healthcare.

to give some examples, in construction it is used for bathroom caulks, in aquariums for the watertight joints and for breast implants.

You surely have experiencved that the caulks have 2-3 year maintenance period, which most often means complete replacement. but they are subjected to wetness and dirt all the time...
Breast implants are targeted for 10 years. in most cases after 8-10 years it needs to be replaced or removed.
Most operators of aquariums say, silicone is nearly indestructible.

If i do some totally pessimistic rough math and estimate my toys will "live" for about 10 years its still a extremely good price-vs-value. I think they will live much longer than us if you take minimal care of them, what i think, you'll do :fap:
Kimmo

Postby Kimmo » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:07 am

take into account that breast implants have to endure the acidity of our body as well :3 (24/7)
KaruilBunny

Postby KaruilBunny » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:59 am

Conceivably, these things should last practically forever. Platinum cure silicone is pretty tough material. I've seen the torture tests that someone put one through and the only damage I saw was that it had a tire mark on it (which came off with a bit of work) from trying to run it over.

Silicone breast implants are more of a liquid too, not the tough cured and fairly rigid stuff we get with these things.
Cammii

Postby Cammii » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:22 pm

BD used to have a 5 or 10 year warranty on the toys or something crazy...I forget its been so long, but pretty much for ever.
Sigma Space

Postby Sigma Space » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:26 pm

Cammii wrote:BD used to have a 5 or 10 year warranty on the toys or something crazy...I forget its been so long, but pretty much for ever.

It was a 5 year warranty. I haven't gotten a custom order from them in a year so I don;t know if they still offer it. Do they?
Michael

Postby Michael » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:34 pm

Sigma Space wrote:
Cammii wrote:BD used to have a 5 or 10 year warranty on the toys or something crazy...I forget its been so long, but pretty much for ever.

It was a 5 year warranty. I haven't gotten a custom order from them in a year so I don;t know if they still offer it. Do they?

As far as I know.
Kisaki

Postby Kisaki » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:35 pm

Sigma Space wrote:

They do, but it's only a 2-year warranty now.
Varka
Bad Dragon CEO

Postby Varka » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:20 pm

We used to offer a 25-year warranty on our toys - and we meant it; it's a really tough, flexible, long-lasting material. A lot of the special effects used on movies like Jurassic Park were done using very similar silicones, including some at large theme parks, and many of them are still in daily use today.

The 25-year warranty got dropped down to 2 years at the behest of our attorneys - something about extended liabilities and having to keep the 'debt' on our books for the full 25 years or something. It sure wasn't dropped down because of the quality of the materials!
Shadowcat

Postby Shadowcat » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:28 pm

Varka wrote:We used to offer a 25-year warranty on our toys - and we meant it; it's a really tough, flexible, long-lasting material. A lot of the special effects used on movies like Jurassic Park were done using very similar silicones, including some at large theme parks, and many of them are still in daily use today.

The 25-year warranty got dropped down to 2 years at the behest of our attorneys - something about extended liabilities and having to keep the 'debt' on our books for the full 25 years or something. It sure wasn't dropped down because of the quality of the materials!

Woah, damn. That sounds like it would've been a bookkeeping nightmare. Good advice by your attorneys; keeping track of all of the customer tickets, order numbers, and invoices for 25 years would be ridiculous, especially if you plan on expanding further than your Arizona location. o_o
WildFire

Postby WildFire » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:17 am

Varka wrote:We used to offer a 25-year warranty on our toys - and we meant it; it's a really tough, flexible, long-lasting material. A lot of the special effects used on movies like Jurassic Park were done using very similar silicones, including some at large theme parks, and many of them are still in daily use today.

Thanks for getting back! I was worried since it had a 2yr warranty that it was only going to last a little over 2 years (and break down). We've all had items like that, its uncool.

But I can see why it was dropped down to 2 years, much better on your part. Thank you for making such high quality toys!
Faffy the FauxFox

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:00 am

Michael wrote:As long as you don't do something to mess them up (like use the wrong lube) they should last nearly forever.

or leave them where animals can eat them
Michael

Postby Michael » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:59 am

kuroyami wrote:
Michael wrote:As long as you don't do something to mess them up (like use the wrong lube) they should last nearly forever.

or leave them where animals can eat them

I believe that would fall into the "doing something to mess them up" category. :|

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”