J-Lube Help!

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Wasp

J-Lube Help!

Postby Wasp » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:45 am

Hey!

So after researching other water-based lubes which is similar to Cumlube, I was going to buy either X Lube, or J lube. I picked J lube because I've seen the threads on here of people using it, but still have a few questions (i got the tube of powder today) For reference, i'm a guy, so it will be used for anal toying.

1- How do you mix it? I know that you can add more powder to make it thicker/gooier, but do you mix with hot water, cold, or what? I tried adding some water to the powder in my hand, and it felt sort of gritty until i mixed it well.

2- Is it safe for anal use? I read that it contains glucose or something, which can be bad for using around your bits. And by using, I mean can you fill your butt up with it like you can with cumlube? I usually fill 1/2 a syringe with cumlube during longer sessions and most of it ends up inside.

3- How long can you store it for? Ill probably make a bottle of it, and I read that it can last 1-2 weeks, but no more because there are no preservatives in it.

4- I heard you can add Titanium Dioxide to it to give it a white colour. Anyone here tried it/is it safe to do so?

Thanks in advance for the replies!

Wasp
XCM

Re: J-Lube Help!

Postby XCM » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:06 pm

Hello, I'm another user of the stuff and hope I can help some.

1) From experience, it does mix a little better with warm water. The easiest way I've found is to just put the water and however much powder you want in the bottle and give it a good shake for a minute or so. Yeah, there will still be clumps here and there, but let it sit for an hour or more, and it'll all dissolve. Check the consistency of the lube to see if it's what you want, and add more powder or water accordingly. Even when it isn't all dissolved, pouring a drop on your palm and rubbing your hands together will give you a good idea of what it'll be like in use.

2) Yes, it is safe for anal use. It's original purpose is for Veterinary usage, as a cheap, easily stored lube. But it functions perfectly for humans as well, also being usable as a powdered hand soap and even useful to make a bubble solution. There is possibly some glucose in it, but that isn't an issue in this case. That is plant-sugar, the reason any small amount is in the product is because the agent in it is from plants. The only caveat is that, as labeled on the bottle, it can cause damage if gotten into the peritoneal cavity, the area between your organs and the muscle linings of your abdomen, so unless you somehow manage to puncture yourself, this won't be an issue, and in this case, you'd have more problems to worry about than the lube.

3) I usually only keep it for a week at most, mixed with a *very* small amount of rubbing alcohol to preserve it, but not enough to cause any burning in use. I've heard of some keeping it for longer refrigerated, but I have no experience there to say anything one way or another. If you don't want to keep it too long, then you can mix less of it at a time.

4) Titanium Dioxide will make it white, it is a pigment that is used for such in paints (Titanium white), and is used in sunblock. However, I would not recommend it for the lube, as it is a believed carcinogen in great enough amounts, and given that anal walls are highly porous, I'd be more than a bit worried of having a heavy metal powder being in contact with it at all.
Cammii

Postby Cammii » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:03 pm

1. I use warm to hot water.

I put the water in a bowl and slowly add the powder using a whisk to make sure all the powder gets mixed in to the right thickness and to reduce clumps. Shaking isnt the best for a thick mixes.

2. I'm a girl, but do play back there, and after 4 years, haven't had any issues.

3. Shelf life varies on a lot of factors, like if its stored somewhere super hot, ect. I make mine and keep it in an empty BD cumlube bottle and usually it'll stay good for around a month (its usually almost gone by them, if not gone depending on how much I/my partner toy.

4. I can't answer that one. :c
Cogfoxz

Postby Cogfoxz » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:24 pm

XCM wrote:2) Yes, it is safe for anal use. It's original purpose is for Veterinary usage, as a cheap, easily stored lube. But it functions perfectly for humans as well, also being usable as a powdered hand soap and even useful to make a bubble solution. There is possibly some glucose in it, but that isn't an issue in this case. That is plant-sugar, the reason any small amount is in the product is because the agent in it is from plants.

Actually it's about three quarters sugar in the form of sucrose. It's added intentionally because it forces the lube part of it to dissolve quickly. The lube is synthetic not plant derived too.

4) Titanium Dioxide will make it white, it is a pigment that is used for such in paints (Titanium white), and is used in sunblock. However, I would not recommend it for the lube, as it is a believed carcinogen in great enough amounts, and given that anal walls are highly porous, I'd be more than a bit worried of having a heavy metal powder being in contact with it at all.

Firstly, I'm not advocating anything, I haven't tested this myself nor seen documentation to say it's safe. Etc. etc.
In theory there is nothing to worry about with titanium dioxide. It's used as a colorant in many foods, and the main concern about it's health effects are that it can irritate the small intestine which isn't really an issue here. As for it's possible carcinogenic effects they could exist, but they are far weaker than many chemicals that you find in commercially produced lubes.

Loads of information on j-lube here which seems to be good. There's a lot of advice on storing it too:
http://www.anus.org/SEX/jlube.html
XCM

Postby XCM » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:36 pm

Cogfoxz wrote:
XCM wrote:2) Yes, it is safe for anal use. It's original purpose is for Veterinary usage, as a cheap, easily stored lube. But it functions perfectly for humans as well, also being usable as a powdered hand soap and even useful to make a bubble solution. There is possibly some glucose in it, but that isn't an issue in this case. That is plant-sugar, the reason any small amount is in the product is because the agent in it is from plants.

Actually it's about three quarters sugar in the form of sucrose. It's added intentionally because it forces the lube part of it to dissolve quickly. The lube is synthetic not plant derived too.

Ok, that would explain the mysterious "Dispersing agent" that makes up 75% of the lube. As for the plant part, I apologize, that was some bad info given to me about a year ago I believe. Still, should have done my homework :laugh:

Cogfoxz wrote:
XCM wrote:4) Titanium Dioxide will make it white, it is a pigment that is used for such in paints (Titanium white), and is used in sunblock. However, I would not recommend it for the lube, as it is a believed carcinogen in great enough amounts, and given that anal walls are highly porous, I'd be more than a bit worried of having a heavy metal powder being in contact with it at all.

Firstly, I'm not advocating anything, I haven't tested this myself nor seen documentation to say it's safe. Etc. etc.
In theory there is nothing to worry about with titanium dioxide. It's used as a colorant in many foods, and the main concern about it's health effects are that it can irritate the small intestine which isn't really an issue here. As for it's possible carcinogenic effects they could exist, but they are far weaker than many chemicals that you find in commercially produced lubes.

Loads of information on j-lube here which seems to be good. There's a lot of advice on storing it too:
http://www.anus.org/SEX/jlube.html
[/quote][/quote]

Thanks for the resource, I know I'll be thumbing through that page a little myself soon. I knew they regulated it's use to some degree in both foods and sunblock alike, but was unaware to the specifics of it. The carcinogen point, I know, I'm a little bit of a worrier when it comes to these things, I'll admit, especially with the area it's going to be in contact with. Looking again at what I wrote on this, it was unfounded. Thanks Cog ^^
bronson_twist

Postby bronson_twist » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:43 am

If you're having issues with clumping I'd suggest boiling the mixture in the microwave. It works to get rid of the clumps and it also helps to thicken the mix too. Although adding water/powder can do the same.
Wasp

Postby Wasp » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:33 pm

Just a quick update:

So ive successfully discovered a good method to make clumpless, stringy, white lube.

I boil as much water as i want to make a batch (about 2/3 of a cumlube bottle). I then put said boiling water into a plastic bowl, and add the jlube powder untill its gooey enough. I whisk the fuck out of it for a good 3 minutes on high (using electric whisk) then put it in the cumlube bottle. At around this point the bottles 2/3 full. I then add Cumlube to the mix, and shake it like mad in the bottle. The resulting lube is white, stringy and nearly as good as cumlube, and will probably last longer with the cumlube added than just pure jlube, because of the preservatives that are already in the cumlube.

BUT, If i could get Jlube cheap like you guys can in the states ($11ish a bottle?) I would use it over cumlube, but here in the UK it costs like £25 to get a bottle of the stuff delivered. I can see a bottle of the powder is going to last for ages, so Ill end up using both anyways :D

All in all, its a great product, that can be also used to make mega bubbles! :D So ill be hitting the beach with this product to make giant bubbles too :lol:
XCM

Postby XCM » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:16 am

Wasp wrote:All in all, its a great product, that can be also used to make mega bubbles! :D So ill be hitting the beach with this product to make giant bubbles too :lol:

Yeah, it's an interesting nexus of Amazon to see the J-lube page. It's where Veterinarians, fisting/toy lovers and bubble enthusiasts all have a product to use on a regular basis :stick:
pillow

Postby pillow » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:13 pm

Re: titanium dioxide... What do you think makes cum lube white? Titanium dioxide.

Also you can buy cosmetic preservative to make Jlube last longer.

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”