First Toy: Tips on toy care?

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
AmethystFlight

First Toy: Tips on toy care?

Postby AmethystFlight » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:36 pm

Just ordered my first toy, a small david (no cumtube), so I need some help on properly caring for my baby boy. :psyduck:

Some things I definitely would like help with:
      =Proper cleaning processes, and how often they need to be done
      =What fabric would be best for "protecting" him (like a bag, etc.)
      And any other advice, I'd love to have it! I'd like to keep my Guardian raring to go for a long, long time <3
Yarro

Re: First Toy: Tips on toy care?

Postby Yarro » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:57 pm

Hi there! Congrats on getting your new toy, I hope you get to know him real well~ ;D
Here are some of the things I do with my toys:

Storage:
Find a nice, safe spot to store your toy, some place no one would likely look or just wouldn't bother with. Drawers are pretty convenient, since they're already there to hold stuff. Sock/underwear drawers and the like are usually pretty popular, since no one but you will have a reason to look through them. I've used my locked chest, and other folks use those plastic storage bins. Do make sure that your toys don't touch others, as silicon doesn't like other material.
BD toys are notorious lint collectors, so I would suggest storing them in a zip-lock at the very least. It will keep them dry and away from anything that might stick around. As for what fabric to use to store them, cotton works fine, and my Chico is stored in a small nylon bag. If you don't have a bag handy, socks or loose fabric (if you have it) should do the trick.
I have my toy drawer lined with some soft cloth, cause I have a ton available and the black fabric over all of it should give anyone who peaks in a bit of a warning not to lift it if they do stumble across it.

Cleaning:
The first suggestion I got looking about the forums was boiling them. I believe the best length of time is 1-2 minutes, though longer wouldn't help if you can spare the time. However, simple soap and warm water does the trick for cleaning them after a session. From what I've seen most users let them air dry, though I pat them down with a washcloth (partially because that's how I carry them between my room and the bathroom).
As for how often you should clean them, it should be as soon as you can after a session. It shouldn't take very long, but do make sure to get into any grooves your toy may have.
For any possible future toys you may have with a cumtube, a couple syringes of soapy water, a couple more of just warm water, and some care to clean around his urethra should suffice. Do note that his tube will take longer to dry than the rest of him.

general tips:
Take your time! Don't get frustrated if you can't take his knot right away, it takes a bit of stretching, and boy is it worth it~
Be patient....BD can take a while to get your toy to ya. (I hope he gets to ya soon though, waiting sucks)
AmethystFlight

Postby AmethystFlight » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:43 pm

The boiling is the part that makes me nervous, as I don't want to damage the silicone; but you said warm soapy water works just as well?

And I already have him a safe little spot in my nightstand drawer, where he'll be tucked underneath my sketchbooks <3 I'm so excited to get him. He originally wasn't the color I wanted, but I've created a character for him that I absolutely have fallen in love with. I was looking into buying him a little velvet bag or something of the sort, plus something to keep my Teenies in because they are definitely lint traps, so I can see what you mean!
Kith

Postby Kith » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:48 pm

AmethystFlight wrote:The boiling is the part that makes me nervous, as I don't want to damage the silicone; but you said warm soapy water works just as well?

For regular cleaning, yes. If you want to sterilize, you'll need to boil it, and you won't be damaging the silicone as long as you're making sure it doesn't just sit at the bottom of the pot in one position for a long time.
AmethystFlight

Postby AmethystFlight » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:16 pm

Ah, alright, perfect. Thank you both!
      I assume it would be smart to sterilize him before his first use? c:
Zesper

Postby Zesper » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:20 pm

That would be best yes.
Rahir

Postby Rahir » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:40 am

I've heard from someone that toys made of silicone can even be 'baked' in the oven for sterilization, since the material can supposedly stand temperatures above 300 degree Celsius. Not sure if I want to try that, but the sight of an oven full of dick is amusing in my imagination, at least :laugh:
stealthxstar

Postby stealthxstar » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:04 pm

You can also soak them in a 10% bleach solution for a little while (I'd guess at least 20-30 minutes) to sterilize them.

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”