Knots, I just don't get it???

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Misskin

Knots, I just don't get it???

Postby Misskin » Tue May 06, 2014 10:54 pm

Storytime my lovelies

When I first came back to BD (many years later after following a link on FurAffinity), I saw all the new and wonderful toys. I eventually came to own Crackers and Flint, then was certain I wouldn't want anything else ever....

but I kept finding my eye drawn to Cole for some odd reason.
I would argue with myself all the time about it, "You don't want that, theres nothing fun on him at all. His shaft is smooth and boring, his tip is pokey and will hurt, but for sure that knot will keep you from thrusting"
Round and round the thoughts went, but i couldn't shake it, then the wolfdragon came.

It solved the texture problem and 5 firmness might do something for pokeyness, but the knot remains

I seem drawn to it, but can't logically justify why. When it comes to vaginal, I HAVE to have rapid thrusting and bumping to orgasm or strong g-spot stimulation. I can't see that possibility with a knot

SO my questions to you good people are (1)how the heck are you guys and gals getting off at all?(2)What does the knot even DO?(3)How can a thruster like me enjoy a knotted toy :psyduck:
Vitani

Re: Knots, I just don't get it???

Postby Vitani » Tue May 06, 2014 11:35 pm

Dude, honestly, I had the same fascination with Cole. Also like you, I didn't understand WHY because I like texture too, and generally prefer thrusting.

Cole was my first knotted toy, and boy...was I not disappointed.

Granted though, if I was in danger of being homeless and had to sell some toys, Breeder Crackers and Cole would be the first ones I would bear to part with but...damn. Don't let his boring shaft fool you, that knot is great, and his tip isn't pokey at all.

Later on, I got my hands on a medium faerie dragon and it was then that I came to truely appreciate knots.

Why do I like them?
They put pressure on some of the best spots, and hold that pressure so that it sends me over the edge.

How do I enjoy them even if I am more of a thruster?
Yes! Just like you, I generally prefer thrusting with my toys. The good news is, with toys like Cole and Elden, there's enough room behind the knot to thrust a little with while it's still tied with you, and that when the heat REALLY gets turned up.

Especially with Elden, because his thinner and highly textured shaft tickle me in one EXTREMELY orgasmic spot and I can keep on cumming for hours....or so it feels like. Obviously, it's no secret that Elden is my favorite toy of all time, and I'm even thinking about getting ANOTHER oe in case anything happens to this one because for the love of Jesus Christ, I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT THIS TOY.

Ahem.

Knots are a weird concept yes. I thought the same thing when I found Bad Dragon. But the only way you can REALLY know what the hype is about...is if you try one!

I'll always love my knotless, thrusting toys, but sometimes, I just crave the feeling of being full and tied, and nothing can beat it.

I would suggest starting a little easier than Elden though. I like Cole because his knot is a little tapered so it's not so much of a pinch as you force that bad boy in there. But at the same time, that knot doesn't hit the spots /quite/ like Elden does. So I guess it depends on your experience level. I love my Xar, but I can't take him a lot because his knot is thicker than my fist.
Misskin

Postby Misskin » Tue May 06, 2014 11:47 pm

@Vitani

Nice to know someone else had a similar conundrum x3
I suppose I'll just start saving for a small wolfdragon
KatieCD

Postby KatieCD » Wed May 07, 2014 1:10 am

I think they're probably more popular with anal users. Speaking as a guy, I like stretching and the feeling of being "full" and simultaneously masturbating. So It's kind of similar to fast thrusting inside a vagina just in terms of speed, I don't know hard do explain.
Misskin

Postby Misskin » Wed May 07, 2014 1:15 am

@KatieCD
Hehe well thanks for trying anyway. It will probably just be one of those things i have to try to find out
AustinFetish

Postby AustinFetish » Wed May 07, 2014 8:13 am

Vitani gave some great explanations.

The knotted cock can definitely be thrusted once he's fully knotted inside. There is a little room behind the knot, as she mentioned, but what also happens is that the soft tissues or your opening move a bit, so you'll be able to move him deeper, then almost back out. This could give you 2 to 2.5" of thrusting motion all the while his knot is still staying tied in you.

This is how cocks with knots function biologically while breeding occurs. Sure, they keep the penis and semen locked in for breeding, but the penis goes in deeper and a couple of inches behind the penis slides in and out too. So, people are quite curious to try it. It works extremely well, trust me. It is a huge turn on psychologically and it feels superb. Like vitani also said, the pressure stays on those sweet spots, such as the g-spot. If someone doesn't have a g-spot in their vagina, it should be noted that the roots of the clitoris are in the front wall. Also, a nerve bundle is in the taint (parineum), and bulbs on each side of the vaginal opening swell, and these are connected to the clitoris. A thick knot tugs on these branches of the clitoris from the inside. If someone only has a prostate, well it sure puts nice pressure there.

One thing to consider is that you can tease yourself and thrust the shaft at your front wall and wait till you can't wait any longer, and you're close to orgasm, then take the knot and thrust him vigorously while he's fully in you. You could pull him back out a few times if you still need more build up. So, timing can play a role here with orgasming around a knotted cock.

You may even consider starting your session with one of your usual thrusters, then as you get closer to an orgasm, where it is in sight at least, switch to Cole. Threesomes can be awesome! :idea:
Last edited by AustinFetish on Wed May 07, 2014 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
AGirlFromDownUnder
Gender: Bodacious Babe (Cis-Fem, Bi-curious with preference to males)

Postby AGirlFromDownUnder » Wed May 07, 2014 8:19 am

I find that my Kelvin (which has a more gradual knot) does feel good with gentle thrusting (I'm not a fast/furious thruster so no matter whether the is a knot or not, I don't really enjoy it), although because there is no space between the bottom of the knot and the base, it is not really possible to thrust and keep the knot inside. But I find it feels really good to keep popping the knot, it is rather stimulating and the filling sensation is really satisfying.
Misskin

Postby Misskin » Wed May 07, 2014 11:58 am

I seeee
thanks you two. The more feedback I get, the more comfortable i'm getting with the idea
Yarro

Postby Yarro » Wed May 07, 2014 3:53 pm

I have one toy with a knot (unfortunately) that I use often and I'm gonna get a Tucker and Cole soon-ish (so excited) and let me tell ya, knotted toys are some of my favorite ones. I personally like thrusting, but I've also found (especially with Flint, yeesh those plates..) that I can just as well enjoy a toy in me and just squeeze it for a while.
You might want to look into a gryphon (in 5 or 8. 3 is a little too squishy) at some point. He's kinda small, but his shaft has nice length to it and his knot isn't too difficult to take.

Just my two cents. Totally get a Cole.
Misskin

Postby Misskin » Wed May 07, 2014 4:12 pm

I do have my eye on a secondhand gryph, but it will probably be long gone by the time I raise the money
Punk

Postby Punk » Wed May 07, 2014 6:39 pm

I currently have two knotted toys, and for me the main draw is that the knot will generally press right up against my G-spot when inserted, and also gives that wonderful stretching feeling. It's a bit of a kink for me too really.

With Sharkbait (med Spritz), I enjoy riding his shaft before the knot in order to get that fast thrusting while working myself down over the knot little by little, going just a bit further each time until he's inside of me fully. I'll ride the knot a bit slower, pull off, ride the shaft some more, then knot myself again.
With Marshmallow (small breeder) I'll knot him right away and just keep him in place (or only move him slowing back and forth over the widest part of the knot, if I want to feel the slight stretch), squeezing around the knot while masturbating with my clitoris - G-spot orgasms every time with very little work.
Misskin

Postby Misskin » Wed May 07, 2014 6:54 pm

Punk wrote:I currently have two knotted toys, and for me the main draw is that the knot will generally press right up against my G-spot when inserted, and also gives that wonderful stretching feeling. It's a bit of a kink for me too really.

With Sharkbait (med Spritz), I enjoy riding his shaft before the knot in order to get that fast thrusting while working myself down over the knot little by little, going just a bit further each time until he's inside of me fully. I'll ride the knot a bit slower, pull off, ride the shaft some more, then knot myself again.
With Marshmallow (small breeder) I'll knot him right away and just keep him in place (or only move him slowing back and forth over the widest part of the knot, if I want to feel the slight stretch), squeezing around the knot while masturbating with my clitoris - G-spot orgasms every time with very little work.

Oh i see 0///0
Docksy

Postby Docksy » Thu May 08, 2014 11:01 pm

Had to read through all the other replies to make sure I don't do *too* much repeating, but hopefully I can offer a little insight as well! Cole was my first BD toy. I can't remember all my reasoning behind getting that one first, but I know a big part of it was curiosity about using a toy with a knot.

First of all, if you're not much for size, the small Cole is pretty substantial and should be big enough. I really recommend looking at the size chart, and maybe comparing it to the sizes of toys you already have. (especially looking at diameter/circumference for the knot!)

After my first experience, I was frustrated and a little let down that I couldn't make use of the knot right away. It was just a little too big, though the fact that I hadn't used any lube - just natural body fluids - played a much bigger role than I thought it would. I highly recommend snagging a bottle or two of BDs cumlube, since it's specifically made to be compatible with their toys, though if you have silicon-safe lube you already like that should work just as well. If, even with lube, it won't fit right away, I DO NOT recommend trying to force it just to see what the experience is like. Keep working your way up to it and you'll eventually get there. I didn't think I'd be able to enjoy it after my first failed experience, but now it's one of my favorite toys and I'm actually considering a size upgrade.

As a lot of people have already said, the 'full' feeling of the knot is really the highlight of it. If your toy is small enough (or you're stretched enough) you can still thrust the knot in and out, but once the knot is in just giving it strong, repeated tugs outwards without actually pulling it out is a really unique and awesome sensation. I hate to include such an unappealing-looking diagram, but here is something that helps explain it why it feels the way it does:

Since the clitoris (the darker pink part in the diagram) wraps around the outside of the opening, having something wide that stretches the opening (same as using a really thick toy) stimulates it in a way that's very different from stimulating the exposed bud at the top of the vulva.

You also expressed a concern that it'd be pokey - the Cole I have is a 5 (medium) firmness, and is not pokey at all. I imagine an 8 (firm) may be a *little* bit pokey, but this toy is relatively short so the tip might not be an issue at all, even in firm. I also have a medium Gryphon, which is long and was a little pokey at first, but I've since gotten used to it and it doesn't bother me anymore. (probably due to stretching out a little after so much use) Even so, I recommend the medium (5) firmness for just about any toy. It's firm enough to hold it's shape without wobbling all over the place, but still has a good amount of give to it.

And speaking of the Gryphon, I highly recommend it if you're looking for something a little more tame to ease into using a knotted toy. I got a medium size Gryphon from the adoptions page, though after I first saw it in person I was afraid of what I had gotten myself into. However, the knot on it is gradual enough that it makes for a great toy to open you up for something larger, and is great for thrusting. A medium Gryphon might seem intimidating, but it's thin enough towards the head that I think just about anyone could handle that size - at least, as far as girth goes. It's still a pretty long toy, and that may not be everyone's cup of tea.

I'm generally not a huge fan of texture, but I do have a lot of interest in the Wolf Dragon, and it may be one of my purchases in the future. For those that like more texture but still want some kind of knot, I'd recommend checking out Nova the Breeder, Ridley the Xenogon, Spritz the Sea Dragon, Bruiser the Fusion, and Elden the Faerie Dragon. Most of these have a slighter knot though, so if you want the real deal so to speak it's down to just Razor, the Wolf Dragon, and Cole.

There are also ones that have knots, but are a bit different: Tucker the Equinine has a knot, but seems like a pretty long toy, so I don't know how easy it'd be to take his knot in the larger sizes. (it's not one I've had, so I can't give any advice on him aside from observations) Apollo has a knot, but the head is almost the same size as the knot, making the whole thing very girthy. Virgil the Drippy Dragon has a fair knot, but like Tucker it's got very little texture, and not a lot of room behind the knot. There are even more with knots, but I'm going to stop myself before I go through every toy on the site. ^^ Be sure to spend enough time checking out different toys before you settle on one - you may be surprised what you find appealing after a few views!

If you have any interest as well, I've done a review for Cole and the Gryphon, including pictures of the toys. Both reviews are a little scathing - Cole because I was unhappy with the color and because I was too impatient, thus had a bad first experience, and Gryphon because of the color. (I'm very picky about that, unfortunately) I also posted both reviews pretty quickly after receiving the toys, and since then I've really warmed up to both - enough that I keep coming back for more!

Cole - https://forums.bad-dragon.com/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=23386
Gryphon - https://forums.bad-dragon.com/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=24230

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in a reply or as a private message~ This was a lot longer than I meant, so I threw in some color to help break it up a bit. I hope even just a little of this was helpful!
Misskin

Postby Misskin » Fri May 09, 2014 1:39 am

Tremendously helpful Docksy :3
Ryoko

Postby Ryoko » Sun May 11, 2014 10:53 pm

Even though I have a Large Karabos, I havent been able to get in position lately to knot it all the time. I have found that I can "knot" my Tantus Severin Plugs (I have all three sizes) very well. I feel it. I enjoy it, even when I get out the Magic Wand or just finger my clit the rest of the way to orgasm. Knotting something gives you that full feeling, and leaves your hands free for further stimulation. I can orgasm from rocking my hips with the toy inside with the added stimulation. Try knotting with a smaller toy and work your way up. It gets better. Just make sure the space behind the "knot" is thin enough for it to happen.
Misskin

Postby Misskin » Mon May 12, 2014 12:25 am

Noted Ryoko :3
Slimshod

Postby Slimshod » Wed May 14, 2014 12:32 am

KatieCD wrote:I think they're probably more popular with anal users. Speaking as a guy, I like stretching and the feeling of being "full" and simultaneously masturbating. So It's kind of similar to fast thrusting inside a vagina just in terms of speed, I don't know hard do explain.

Nailed it. The "full" feeling and knowing it's coming from someone/thing else adds a lot more to the experience. Then add the knot on top of it and it becomes more like a challenge. By the end, the feeling of taking it all that what/whomever is giving it is satisfying.

As far as recommendations go, the Gryphon is a great starter in terms of knots. It's pretty gradual spread out, not one lump all of a sudden. It's since motivated me to get a Chance.
Caracal
(bisexual, taken)

Postby Caracal » Thu May 15, 2014 3:45 pm

I've had a similar question to Misskin, and the comments have been very helpful!

I'm still a bit perplexed by knots that are really close to the base, though. I bought two toys from BD, one of them a Kelvin. At the time, I thought that a "knot" was just a descriptive term for the shape; I didn't understand that it meant I couldn't use it like a standard dildo. (I feel pretty dumb now, but the shape looked so interesting and fun!)

After getting a bit sore (I'm female, been using it vaginally), I did more reading and watched a video of someone using a different knotted toy, and I thought I finally understood how to use it: work it gently inside with lots of lube, and once it's "popped" in there, you can move and thrust a little bit. But that doesn't seem to work with the Kelvin: the knot is SO close to the base that it instantly pops back out, let alone any wiggle room to move it around. So...I'm a little confused. Simply holding it in place seems a little boring. AGirlFromDownUnder's description was interesting, but I'm concerned that repeatedly pulling the knot in and out could be soreness-inducing.

So how does one use a knotted toy when the knot is so close to the base?

(And...if I've broken any rules or made a faux paus, I am so sorry. This is the first post I've made here.)
AGirlFromDownUnder
Gender: Bodacious Babe (Cis-Fem, Bi-curious with preference to males)

Postby AGirlFromDownUnder » Fri May 16, 2014 5:07 am

Caracal wrote:I've had a similar question to Misskin, and the comments have been very helpful!

I'm still a bit perplexed by knots that are really close to the base, though. I bought two toys from BD, one of them a Kelvin. At the time, I thought that a "knot" was just a descriptive term for the shape; I didn't understand that it meant I couldn't use it like a standard dildo. (I feel pretty dumb now, but the shape looked so interesting and fun!)

After getting a bit sore (I'm female, been using it vaginally), I did more reading and watched a video of someone using a different knotted toy, and I thought I finally understood how to use it: work it gently inside with lots of lube, and once it's "popped" in there, you can move and thrust a little bit. But that doesn't seem to work with the Kelvin: the knot is SO close to the base that it instantly pops back out, let alone any wiggle room to move it around. So...I'm a little confused. Simply holding it in place seems a little boring. AGirlFromDownUnder's description was interesting, but I'm concerned that repeatedly pulling the knot in and out could be soreness-inducing.

So how does one use a knotted toy when the knot is so close to the base?

(And...if I've broken any rules or made a faux paus, I am so sorry. This is the first post I've made here.)

Okay so, there is a bit of a trick to the Kelvin and it might be that only some people can get the same enjoyment out of that level of stimulation.
I find that you do have to work up to it in regards to how turned on you are. I am super into posterior vaginal wall stimulation (orgasm city for me, but few people can climax with solely penetrative stimulation) so, when I use it I angle it more posteriorly as I pull it out so that each scale gives a little bit of a 'pop' and the head rubs against the anterior (front) wall. I think this also stretches the opening in general so it's less of a harsh 'pop' and you aren't getting that sort of mashing.
I do have a small Kelvin, so the knot is only about 6" in circumference so, I find it is a lot more manageable.
All I need to do for it to be perfect is to solve the hand cramping problem. :stick:
Caracal
(bisexual, taken)

Postby Caracal » Fri May 16, 2014 3:35 pm

Thank you! I'll give that a try.

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”