Shipping problems to France

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Panda Man

Shipping problems to France

Postby Panda Man » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:54 am

Good evening everyone,

I have a problem with my delivery and since I live in France I'm unable to contact USPS (who by the way) doesn't seem to know that they actually can deliver packages outside of the USA.

The order was made the 11th june 2009 and it is now the 11th April 2009. It was:

- an Anthro Orca Firmness
- Split Firm (5 shaft, 8 Base)
- colour: Crimson Drake (Red to Dark Red, Orange Base)
- cumtube: No

I used the U.S.P.S. First Class Mail International Package service. All that was paid and shipped to France and arrived the 26th of june.
While moving away (I moved to another appartment), I made the mistake of erasing the Tracking number that had been sent to me by Bad Dragon. When I realized what I did, I cursed but waited for it. I had no reason to worry since I had made alredy three orders to Bad Dragon and the same service and it had always got there on time.
The only mistake I did was that even if I changed the billing info in my profile, I forgot to change the shipping adress.
I checked in all my mail boxes and my two possible home adresses and what happened is that I never received any notification from USPS that they actually tried to deliver it at my ancient appartment.

There's no need for me to blame Bad Dragon Admin, Artists and Creators since they are not responsible in any way for this situation. I thank Runa for the help and understanding he gave me.

When I type in the tracking number on usps.com, they give me this:

Label/Receipt Number: CJ [..] US
Class: Priority Mail International Parcels
Service(s): International Parcels

We attempted to deliver your item in FRANCE at 6:55 AM on July 16, 2009.

Detailed Results:

Attempted Delivery Abroad, July 16, 2009, 6:55 am, FRANCE
Attempted Delivery Abroad, July 16, 2009, 6:11 am, FRANCE
Attempted Delivery Abroad, July 15, 2009, 12:00 am, FRANCE
Attempted Delivery Abroad, June 29, 2009, 12:08 pm, FRANCE
Attempted Delivery Abroad, June 29, 2009, 12:00 am, FRANCE
Arrived Abroad, June 26, 2009, 3:53 pm, FRANCE
International Dispatch, June 24, 2009, 11:50 pm, ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
Arrival
Electronic Shipping Info Received, June 22, 2009

Can anyone tell me where is my package stored now and how in Moon's name can I get it?

Thanks for any help I could get.
Last edited by Panda Man on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evren

Re: Shipping problems to France

Postby Evren » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:06 am

From what it seems, it's been sent back....
PM runa.
Runa

Postby Runa » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:19 am

he already has, there's been a remarkably long discussion between us on the ticket system...
Evren

Postby Evren » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:22 am

Runa wrote:he already has, there's been a remarkably long discussion between us on the ticket system...

Well, Y'know, he didn't say that.
Ruffe Husky

Postby Ruffe Husky » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:07 pm

Don't know what the rules are for overseas, but when I sent a package to someone they only had 15 days to pick it up before it would be returned to the sender. So my guess is there are three possibilities. 1- someone picked it up and then just threw it away (Even after a week, USPS still showed my package as waiting for the recipient to pick it up even though they had). They have lost it internally somewhere and don't know where to find it (even with how big the toys are, the packages are rather small). The third is that it is currently on it's way back to the Bad Dragon workshop. If the third is the true one, then my guess is that they are dragging their feet on it as there is no real need to rush the package back as the recipient didn't pick up the package. Can't blame them if they are as shipping is paid to get the package their, and no cost is paid by costumers to have it returned.

Hope it appears for you though.
Toys: Small Gryphon, Arctic Ice- April 2010 : Medium Gryphon, Arctic Ice- Feb. 2011 (Used)
Sex and Gender: Male
It's a pain in the rear (and not the good kind) to catch up on the forums after being gone for a little over two weeks.
Gieger61

Postby Gieger61 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:28 pm

I'm also in France and get trouble with shipping :)

Once the package gets "International Dispatch" the USPS dont really update it much, you can use the same tracking number to see where the package is from here:
http://www.chronopost.fr/transport-expr ... olis/suivi

You can use that and it will show you where the package is and what the deal is, you might be able to get some help by emailing [email protected] and explaining whats going on, hope you speak french ^^
Panda Man

Postby Panda Man » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:04 pm

(Multi-answer mode ON)

* If it's lost, I'm screwed, which means I'll never use USPS again and tell them to go fuck themselves on broken glass. if so, I'll have to buy another toy in replacement when I'll get the money.

* I AM french. ^^

* If it's on its way back to the workshop, I pray it really is because it would be the easiest for me to get it back and because it would mean that someone knows where the package is.

* Chronopost International doesn't have any traces of my package. I just typed in the tracking number Runa gave me and it didn't give nothing. Did the same on UPS. The package is inexistant to them.
For USPS, the localisation stops at the delivery made on the 16th of july. After that, the big wide blank.

* Thanks for the help you gave me Runa but no matter what I did, I can't get in contact (wether it is email or by phone with USPS) with a person because:
-by mail I can't tell them that I live outside the US since they only accept five digits ZIP codes.
-by phone, I have the same problem, along with the fact there doesn't seem to be any human available on the other side of the line.
If there is a service for international delivery problems on USPS.com, I don't seem to find it. If it exists and has a phone number or a special email adress, I beg anyone of you to please give it to me.

* If anyone has any lead on how to locate the package or if Bad Dragon workshop gets it, please tell me.

(Multi mode answer off)

By the looks of it, I just can wait and hope it comes back to the workshop since it is impossible to know where it is.

And thanks for the advices furs, I'll try them one after the other until I manage to set my paws on that friggin' package and get my hole pulsing around this toy.
I've got a Bad feeling... the Moon is full tonight...
Foxfire

Postby Foxfire » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:48 am

Panda Man wrote:If there is a service for international delivery problems on USPS.com, I don't seem to find it. If it exists and has a phone number or a special email adress, I beg anyone of you to please give it to me.

All I can find is this:

http://pe.usps.gov/text/imm/immc9_002.htm#ep985404

But apparently there's a time limit, and it's only available for certain kinds of posting.
Varka
Bad Dragon CEO

Postby Varka » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:25 am

USPS basically means that the local mail system in your country will deliver the package - in the UK that's Royal Mail, in the Netherlands it's deutch post, in Hong Kong its Hong Kong Mail, and so on.

If you want to try and get hold of your package, you should contact your local mail company with the tracking number. They should be able to track it down for you - as USPS are only responsible for your package while it's in the US.
Varka - Bad Dragon CEO

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." - John F Kennedy
Rednic

Postby Rednic » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:13 am

Varka - I know it's a bit off topic, but actually, I'm pretty sure Parcel Force deliver parcels in the UK, since I had to go to their Exeter depot to recieve mine, due to customs charges (I'm aware Parcel Force is the Royal Mail Group's parcel courier service). On the USPS website, it read Attempted Delivery Abroad for me, too, until I paid the customs fee... so, if France is like England, it could be held somewhere waiting payment of fees, however, I'd have expected you'd have got a slip from whatever courier is holding it by now, requesting its payment.

Yours,
Rednic
Gieger61

Postby Gieger61 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:04 am

Slightly hijacking here (sorry!), but i got charged 70 euros tax on my recent order because apparently it was shipped without any kind of invoice for them to work out if i needed to pay or not, but its got the USPS thing in the little plastic wrap witht he addresses and stuff on it, and a value, am i getting screwed by customs or does something extra need to be added to orders to France? >.<
Ruffe Husky

Postby Ruffe Husky » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:20 am

Gieger61 wrote:Slightly hijacking here (sorry!), but i got charged 70 euros tax on my recent order because apparently it was shipped without any kind of invoice for them to work out if i needed to pay or not, but its got the USPS thing in the little plastic wrap witht he addresses and stuff on it, and a value, am i getting screwed by customs or does something extra need to be added to orders to France? >.<

Just cause somebody works for the government doesn't mean they are actually smart...
Toys: Small Gryphon, Arctic Ice- April 2010 : Medium Gryphon, Arctic Ice- Feb. 2011 (Used)
Sex and Gender: Male
It's a pain in the rear (and not the good kind) to catch up on the forums after being gone for a little over two weeks.
Panda Man

Postby Panda Man » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:37 am

Rednic wrote:Varka - I know it's a bit off topic, but actually, I'm pretty sure Parcel Force deliver parcels in the UK, since I had to go to their Exeter depot to recieve mine, due to customs charges (I'm aware Parcel Force is the Royal Mail Group's parcel courier service). On the USPS website, it read Attempted Delivery Abroad for me, too, until I paid the customs fee... so, if France is like England, it could be held somewhere waiting payment of fees, however, I'd have expected you'd have got a slip from whatever courier is holding it by now, requesting its payment.

Yours,
Rednic

Gieger61 wrote:Slightly hijacking here (sorry!), but i got charged 70 euros tax on my recent order because apparently it was shipped without any kind of invoice for them to work out if i needed to pay or not, but its got the USPS thing in the little plastic wrap witht he addresses and stuff on it, and a value, am i getting screwed by customs or does something extra need to be added to orders to France? >.<

Do you think Customs could be holding it?
Gieger61

Postby Gieger61 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:18 pm

It really would not surprise me to be honest, they held mine and didnt send me a letter about it for a week, if you have the USPS shipping number you can check with them at - (+33) 0825801801, I'm not sure if thats the appropriate number for all enquiries but that is the one that was on the letter they sent me. If they are its not good though, as they tax the hell out of it and you might have to open the box when you pick it up (that was NOT fun)

Edit: Spelling
Panda Man

Postby Panda Man » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:55 pm

Gieger61 wrote:It really would not surprise me to be honest, they held mine and didnt send me a letter about it for a week, if you have the USPS shipping number you can check with them at - (+33) 0825801801, I'm not sure if thats the appropriate number for all enquiries but that is the one that was on the letter they sent me. If they are its not good though, as they tax the hell out of it and you might have to open the box when you pick it up (that was NOT fun)

Edit: Spelling

Thanks for the number, I'll try it tomorow as soon as they're opened. (They close on weekends in France he he he ^^)
Panda Man

Postby Panda Man » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:17 am

Okay Furs, looks like the problem is solved. I finally managed to get a trace on my package and found out that it was my local post office who screwed up. Since they left me no warning of Attempted delivery and didn't leave me the "attempted delivery" paper to let me retrieve it, there was no way I could get it. But in their logic, since I wasn't there to get it, they just sent it back to the sender.

So Runa and Varka, be ready to send back my package whenever it comes back. Since it's my post office who screwed up, they'll pay the fees to send it back. I don't know the procedure for that but I think you'll have to use that number: 09081800921; it's the file number under which is registred the screwed delivery.
And this is the french tracking number (if ever needed): 8K00191891973.

Thanks again you all for your time, understanding and help. And sorry for all the disturbances it might have caused.

I'll be shopping again around Christmas since I promised a fellow fur a Toy for his Christmas. Until then, see ya!!
Gieger61

Postby Gieger61 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:44 pm

Yay!

I have had them not leave the "attempted delivery" notes before, at least its worked out now, even if it does mean a bit of extra waiting and possibly some headache on varka/runas part to get it back to you.

I am sure it will be worth the wait. :)
Panda Man

Postby Panda Man » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:31 pm

For all the Reviews I've read, the wait is always worth for a Bad Dragon toy.

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”