The old "Beginner looking for Toy" thread

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Arandun

The old "Beginner looking for Toy" thread

Postby Arandun » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:54 pm

Hello,
I am new to BD and allready in Love :D
And I am looking for an anal toy.
What I am looking for is some thrusting potential, a possibility to make me feel "full", if possible some prostate stim and of cause nothing that is going to rip me apart.
I am not a total beginner to anal toys, I own a plug, the FF Duke which I use from time to time but its nothing like a Bad Dragon :P

I did a bit of reading and the Gryphon, Breeder and Naga seem beginnerfriendly and seem to be able to thrust well because of their "thin" shaft and I think if I push them in completely they will make me feel very full with their knots.

For size I think about a Medium Gryphon, a Small Breeder or Small Naga.

Did I oversee something? Or are my Size thoughts a bit of track and I sould consider smaller or even larger toys ?Or anything other you think I sould consider while choosing the Toy for me

Greetings
Arandun
Aazhie

Re: The old "Beginner looking for Toy" thread

Postby Aazhie » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:37 pm

As far a height, the SMALL gryphon I have is longest, so the medium will probably be pretty tall. The small breeder is midway and the small naga is pretty short and stubby compared to the others. The naga in small is still a pretty go to fav as far as ease without needing a lot of warmup. The gryphon is a great toy because the taper is fabulous and the tip is fairly gentle. I like the knot a lot and I think even in a medium it would still not take TOO much to work yourself up to the knot. I think the breeder and naga aren't quite as easy to thrust with because trhey aren't as smooth in taper, however I do thrust with my naga , it's just not as smooth a feeling as with the gryph ^^
Arandun

Postby Arandun » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:06 pm

OK so the gryphon is kinda long :P
which gives much room for good, long thrusts ;)
But as far as my experience goes length was never a problem more the diameter... but the longest I had inside me was 4.9 inch with 0.7 in diameter (anal douche)
So if I can stretch my self to the 2 inch of the medium gryphons knot I should be fine?

The thing why I think about a medium gryphon is that I think I will get used to the small one kinda fast and then it will no longer give me that fullness sensation... is this a thing? Or should I not worry about acclimatization and take a small one for easier beginning?
That-Guy

Postby That-Guy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:27 pm

The Gryphon has a good taper, so it would be a good one to size up and grow into if you don't think you'll be impatient and frustrated while you work up to the knot (I sure was...) I did knot it fairly quickly (probably too quickly :? ), but I had some prior experience stretching.

Small toys are plentiful and inexpensive on the adoption page, and I would probably suggest going small and sizing up later. But it's all dependent upon what you wanna do with it, and I'm sure you have a similar back and forth argument spinning like a broken record :stick:
~-..-~*'*~-..-~look at my horse, my horse is amazing~-..-~*'*~-..-~

Toylist~~
Aazhie

Postby Aazhie » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:16 pm

I feel about the same. I use medium sized toys but the gryph can still make me feel full, but everyone is different! If you think you are leaning at the medium more, I feel like aside from it being too long for me, I wouldn't be as worried about the size difference between the sm and medium gryph! With the smooth taper, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be as hard to work with it as with other, bulgier toys LOL!
kaybid

Postby kaybid » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:38 pm

Is a Kippy too big for you? I love mine, and I only had a Zeta Kit Fox before I moved up to it (but now I'm on a Chance medium which has AMAZING prostate stim :P).
I own:
[*]Zeta Kit Fox
[*]Kippy Xsoft
[*]Chance Unflared M (5)
[*]Chance Unflared L (5)
Arandun

Postby Arandun » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:02 pm

well the kippy seems interesting but a little big... so I think I will try a medium(or small still can't decide) gryphon so I can work my self up ;)

but one last thing ... the firmness...
I have seen some reviews and the BD toys seem all kinda soft.
So is medium "hard" enough if I need to push a bit harder to get it in or when I get into some hard thrusting action ;)
That-Guy

Postby That-Guy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:37 pm

So I have a Medium Gryphon in firmness 5, and I definitely would not want it softer. It's a tad on the wiggly side for inserting HOWEVER it has more give for riding the knot which I think has a far more positive impact. For stretching, I like to push myself, and I don't think it would have been nearly as enjoyable to work myself onto that toy had it been a firm. Once you get more than 2-3" in, it tends to guide itself just fine, and it tapers nicely so those first 2-3" are quite easy~ The biggest problem I've had is when lube gets under the base and it wants to slide around... Then there's a chance when working the knot Gryphon will shoot out and skitter across the floor :laugh: But that's easy enough to deal with!! I do love my Med. 5 Gryph. Having been my first toy he's taught me quite a bit~~

If you get a small, I'd vote for firm because the toy would be less floppy, and you wouldn't need/want as much give.
~-..-~*'*~-..-~look at my horse, my horse is amazing~-..-~*'*~-..-~

Toylist~~

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”