Firmness of BD toys vs Rambone

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Nordicwolf

Firmness of BD toys vs Rambone

Postby Nordicwolf » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:40 pm

Hey you lovely guys, had been away for a while and I missed you fine folk :-)

So again here I'am with a question from those who have a good BD collection, and also have Doc Johnsons Dick rambone dildo or atleast have played with it.

I have a Dick Rambone dildo which I bought it months ago, and I played with it a couple of times and one time after warming up pretty good and after pumping like half a lits j-lube in my bum I could almost take it balls deep.
But due to the toy is pretty firm, so firm that I can say its not sqeezable at all and also because of its texture in my opinion is rough, I'm usually not too keen to take it unless I'm really horny.
Not that enjoyable I can say, because of the pain it cause when passing the second bend to the point that it gets frustraiting and I quit playing. :?

So My question from those who played with different rather larger BD toys in different firmness and also own dick Rambone or tried it before, how firm is Dick rambone in your opinion in comparison with BDs (3/5/8) hardness scale.
11 perhaps? maybe even harder than that?

I know that Doc johnson and BD toys aren't made with same materials and all, I just wanna get some better idea before ordering my XL unflared Chance.
Last edited by Nordicwolf on Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
A northern pansexual cis-male wolfie,
Awouoooooh ^_^
Samson

Re: Firmness of BD toys vs Rambone

Postby Samson » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:45 pm

BD toys tend to be a lit softer than other toys on the market.
Reading through this may be helpful https://help.bad-dragon.com/hc/en-us/articles/202196859-Firmness-Options-What-s-What-
Image Tentacle Monster. Flower prince. Image
Twitter @pinkqueerdeer
Tachyon1

Postby Tachyon1 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:26 pm

I used to own a Dick Rambone a few years ago but have since tossed it since it was:

1) To Large to store discreetly
2) Got it at at time when I was still gaining experience towards larger toys (although at this time, I was already riding the BAM Realistic Cock and thought I could take that as well)
3) Just too firm for me to get into the Sigmoid Colon

I have a Firm (8) Unflared Chance Large and what I can recall from having used a Dick Rambone a few times is that it would be between a 10-11 (close to 11 than 10) if we were to use BD's scale for material firmness based on my sessions with my Chance; the Large Chance I have I can get passed into my Sigmoid Colon easy with little warm-up.

The toys that I do have from Doc Johnson that I do use on a regular basis is the BAM Realitisic Cock is still quite firm but easier for me to take down to the hilt after a long sessions with other toys before hand, I would probably rate closer to a 10 or just above. I can bend it but it does resist pretty well.

Another is the John Holmes Realistic Cock which is a lot more flexible that my BAM but more firm still than my chance, would be a 9.5 or so. I use this one to prep the entrance to my Sidmoid Colon, in conjunction with their Big Boy Crystal Jellies dildo which would be around the same as a Firm (8) if not just a tad more.

One of my personal favourites from the same manufacturer is from their American Bombshell lineup, the Ballistic is not only the widest of my toys (over 3" in diameter) but the firmest. It has very little give but that advantage for that are the immense ridges just makes me go over the edge again, and again, and again... firmness rating would be between 11-12, closer to 12. Riding it is just amazing!

If you are going to get an XL Unflared Chance (I also own that as well), be prepared to "fight" with it as it is only available in Medium (5) or Soft (3) in terms of the shaft and it can be difficult to insert because its quite malleable, especially when the lube makes it difficult to control (I just use a paper towel to help em grip it). With enough warm-up, prep, and patience, I was able to get it down to the hilt on two occasions. Again, if I recall, much easier that trying to get a Dick Rambone all the way.

To mind the numbers are not "scientific" in any way, these are just very subjective ones based on my own experience.
Nordicwolf

Postby Nordicwolf » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:33 am

Samson wrote:BD toys tend to be a lit softer than other toys on the market.
Reading through this may be helpful https://help.bad-dragon.com/hc/en-us/articles/202196859-Firmness-Options-What-s-What-

I kinda had some idea about BDs hardness scale but the link which you left for me surely did help to get a better grasp about it.
Hugs'n tnx dear :-) :highfive:
Last edited by Nordicwolf on Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Awouoooooh ^_^
Nordicwolf

Postby Nordicwolf » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:08 am

Tachyon1 wrote:I used to own a Dick Rambone a few years ago but have since tossed it since it was:

1) To Large to store discreetly
2) Got it at at time when I was still gaining experience towards larger toys (although at this time, I was already riding the BAM Realistic Cock and thought I could take that as well)
3) Just too firm for me to get into the Sigmoid Colon

I have a Firm (8) Unflared Chance Large and what I can recall from having used a Dick Rambone a few times is that it would be between a 10-11 (close to 11 than 10) if we were to use BD's scale for material firmness based on my sessions with my Chance; the Large Chance I have I can get passed into my Sigmoid Colon easy with little warm-up.

The toys that I do have from Doc Johnson that I do use on a regular basis is the BAM Realitisic Cock is still quite firm but easier for me to take down to the hilt after a long sessions with other toys before hand, I would probably rate closer to a 10 or just above. I can bend it but it does resist pretty well.

Another is the John Holmes Realistic Cock which is a lot more flexible that my BAM but more firm still than my chance, would be a 9.5 or so. I use this one to prep the entrance to my Sidmoid Colon, in conjunction with their Big Boy Crystal Jellies dildo which would be around the same as a Firm (8) if not just a tad more.

One of my personal favourites from the same manufacturer is from their American Bombshell lineup, the Ballistic is not only the widest of my toys (over 3" in diameter) but the firmest. It has very little give but that advantage for that are the immense ridges just makes me go over the edge again, and again, and again... firmness rating would be between 11-12, closer to 12. Riding it is just amazing!

If you are going to get an XL Unflared Chance (I also own that as well), be prepared to "fight" with it as it is only available in Medium (5) or Soft (3) in terms of the shaft and it can be difficult to insert because its quite malleable, especially when the lube makes it difficult to control (I just use a paper towel to help em grip it). With enough warm-up, prep, and patience, I was able to get it down to the hilt on two occasions. Again, if I recall, much easier that trying to get a Dick Rambone all the way.

To mind the numbers are not "scientific" in any way, these are just very subjective ones based on my own experience.

Tnx Tachyon1, :highfive: :-)
for your heads up on difficulities with taking the head of XL chance in when it's made of softer material.

I know it's not possible to measure the hardness of rambone in BD's scale, Atleast not witho with compressing it with hand or just taking it in the bum anc compare it with BD's scale,
But the way you compared them is exactly what I wanna hear, People's subjective opinion about it bassed on their personal experiences. :-)

I have the same problem that you had with yours, though I can take It into sigmoid colon after after spending too much time to warm up and use too much lube but and the whole experience gets too tiring and painful to be enjoyable for me. :?
Awouoooooh ^_^
Nordicwolf

Postby Nordicwolf » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:29 am

And also do you guys know why there it's not possible anymore to buy XL toys in firmness 8?
Awouoooooh ^_^
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:13 am

Nordicwolf wrote:And also do you guys know why there it's not possible anymore to buy XL toys in firmness 8?

My guess is some sort of safety regulation that BD has to abide by, or that the heft of the toy might be unstable in a more solid firmness? Those are really just guesses. But the larger the toy gets, the more firm the toy will feel by comparison to its smaller versions because of how thick it is. So a small soft Flint might flip flop everywhere, but an XL one would still be pretty dang rigid.

... Though I've never handled an XL toy, personally. Heh, I think if I did, though, I'd want it in a soft anyways, just for the flailing aspect.
ImageImage Image
Designer of Kage the Anomaly -- Forum / Labs -- Ͼ Art Tumblr Ͽ
Samson

Postby Samson » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:32 am

Wonder if the shape + hardness makes it harder to demold.
Twitter @pinkqueerdeer
Nordicwolf

Postby Nordicwolf » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:26 am

Chibity wrote:
Nordicwolf wrote:And also do you guys know why there it's not possible anymore to buy XL toys in firmness 8?

My guess is some sort of safety regulation that BD has to abide by, or that the heft of the toy might be unstable in a more solid firmness? Those are really just guesses. But the larger the toy gets, the more firm the toy will feel by comparison to its smaller versions because of how thick it is. So a small soft Flint might flip flop everywhere, but an XL one would still be pretty dang rigid.

... Though I've never handled an XL toy, personally. Heh, I think if I did, though, I'd want it in a soft anyways, just for the flailing aspect.

I was thinking the same thing as you mentioned, that maybe it really had something to do with safety regulations.
But still there are some other companies that make huge toys which are even harder that BDs firm toys.
Specially those kind of toys which mostly used by experienced Anal-fisting enthusiasts. :-)

But you are surely right about the size\shape of the toy can have a significant impact on how firm it feels while playing with the toy.
Awouoooooh ^_^
Nordicwolf

Postby Nordicwolf » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:49 pm

Samson wrote:Wonder if the shape + hardness makes it harder to demold.

I wonder the same thing! it's more likely to be the reason for it
hopefully someone knows for sure what was the reason and will let us know about it too :roll:
Awouoooooh ^_^
Samson

Postby Samson » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:57 pm

Nordicwolf wrote:
Samson wrote:Wonder if the shape + hardness makes it harder to demold.

I wonder the same thing! it's more likely to be the reason for it
hopefully someone knows for sure what was the reason and will let us know about it too :roll:

I know I saw the staff say 'manufacturing limitations' about it when it asked before.
I think it is because of how large it is, and the hardness making it a struggle to get out of the mold... the mold bas a higher chance or tearing or the toy flopping from being damaged while demolding.
Twitter @pinkqueerdeer

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”