First ever toy! and some questions about it...

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
ToxicEquine

First ever toy! and some questions about it...

Postby ToxicEquine » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:59 am

Hello! I've been stalking BD for a while now and finally decided I wanted a toy, I've decided I wanted to get a small Chance unflared :-) I have some questions about it though, this is my first ever toy and I'm still a virgin so would getting a 3 firmness, 5 firmness or 8 firmness be better for someone that's just starting off? :?: Also I need it shipped international so how much would charges be for tax and vat? Because i've seen people get caught off guard with huge fees :?
Thanks for any help and other tips are appriciated! :D
Toys I own: 1 (and counting!)
Chance Unflared in Natural

Wishlist:
► Show Spoiler
Chibity

Re: First ever toy! and some questions about it...

Postby Chibity » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:06 am

Hey there! For a Chance, I would recommend going either Medium or Firm, but most likely firm if you don't want it flopping around too much. Chance is a very thin/long style toy, so he's affected the most by the softer silicone, and is extremely flexible in any firmness. Either would serve you well, but Soft would be just a bit too noodle-y.

As for customs fees, that's dependent on where you live. I'm in Canada and I typically pay about $30 - $40 if the order is in the $100 - $150 price range. I haven't exactly calculated the math on it, but know that much has always given me a good indication on the size of the fee. Indeed, the customs AND shipping together can really burn a hole in one's wallet. ^__^;; It nearly doubles the cost of some orders, sometimes.

But yeah, it's all about where you live, so you can do your research easily if you search "(location here) custom fees" (or duties and taxes) into good ol' Google.
ImageImage Image
Designer of Kage the Anomaly -- Forum / Labs -- Ͼ Art Tumblr Ͽ
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:25 pm

Chiming in on the fees: If you live in Australia, you don't pay any, not unless your parcel is valued at over 1,000 dollars.

As for Chance, I recomnend a medium firm, which works for me an my husband in both anal, and vaginal use. I personally wouldn't be able to deal with that blunt head in firm. Medium furm is almost always a safe bet for a first toy.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Morphia

Postby Morphia » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:53 pm

Also vouching for Medium! It's a really nice firmness.
AcroJet

Postby AcroJet » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:40 pm

I have the Chance large unflared in medium firmness. While medium is alright and it stands up on its own easy enough (well, sometimes it tilts enough to just tip over unless I use some suction cups [silicone, bought on eBay]), there are times I wish I had the softer silicone. Ideally, a medium core silicone with a soft or ultra-soft surface silicone would be best since that would allow for a combination of rigidity with surface softness, but they don't make 'em like that any more. Now granted, this thing is the large size so it's like a club, and the need for softer silicone is for comfort when things are getting stretched absolutely to the max and I could use a little bit more "give" to the toy. You may be just fine with a small sized one in medium firmness, but keep in mind that while it feels soft and squishy, it will only give so much until it's just plain firm.

Since you're a first timer with it, just take things slowly and pay attention to what your body is telling you. If you feel discomfort, back off and take things more slowly. If you feel pain, change your technique or stop entirely and try again another day. And also, while it costs more, I do highly recommend you get the toy with the Cumtube installed. It's well worth it!
ToxicEquine

Postby ToxicEquine » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:26 am

Thank you everyone for the help! You're all so nice here to new people like myself :D I'm going to order it today in 5 firmness (because that seems to be the best option!) with a cum tube (cause I also thinks that's hot :P ), can't wait until it arrives in the mail! :D If you have any other tips for it I'd love to know and thanks again :stick:
Toys I own: 1 (and counting!)
Chance Unflared in Natural

Wishlist:
► Show Spoiler

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”