How you store your toys?

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
AmethystSnake

How you store your toys?

Postby AmethystSnake » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:38 pm

So now that I have my first BD toy, Rex, I'm thinking how I should store it. I know the basics: no sunlight and not near other silicone toys and stuff like that. I have a place for my Rex in out closet, but I was wondering should I move our other toys in a whole new place since they're currently in the same closet (not in the same shelf of course)..?

I was also wondering do you have some storage box or something for your toys? I'd be very eager to see them if you have!
Female / 21 / Bisexual (prefer men) / In relationship with Edward Bluefox / Has 12 fantasy toys! / Artist, writer, gamer / Spiritual person

Larus Seagull

Re: How you store your toys?

Postby Larus Seagull » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:47 pm

I don't think you'd need to move any unless they were all touching in some way really. Because from what I've seen you could throw them in separate Zip Lock gallon freezer bags and put them up in the same box because nothing would be touching so no worry of silicone on silicone contact.

But I don't know. My first toy is still on its way here.
own:
Large, wide split Nox, SC

ordered:

Medium / soft / Dragons Tongue (skink tongue!)

want:
Medium / Medium Pretzal
mynickname

Postby mynickname » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:49 pm

Just keeping the toys from touching is good enough. You don't need to put some in a time out.

I keep mine in a box with some fabric between them. BD, EE, EA, and some other silicone based toys. A couple are ABS plastic. I don't use plastic bags as those would keep in any moisture and while the fabric can leave fuzz on the toys, you wash them before they're used anyway.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:01 pm

We actually have 2 topics like this already:

https://forums.bad-dragon.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25033

and

https://forums.bad-dragon.com/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=33098

As for storing toys together, all toys made from medical grade platinum cure silicone, from places like BD,EE,FB,DA,BR,PH....etc... Are just fine to store together and to have them touching. You won't damage your toys that way. You would need to watch out for storing them with toys that are made of toxic, non-body-safe materials such as jelly, PVC, rubber. If you have toys that aren't body safe (aluminum, stainless steel, medical grade silicone, and glass are the only body safe toy materials) I suggest you toss them out.

You can store your toys wrapped in a T-shirt, in a drawstring bag, placed in a drawer, or even put inside of a zip-lock baggies. I used to have a huge plastic trunk I stored all of mine in, stacked neatly on top of one another and stored in my closet. I've also had them placed on the shelves in my closet at one time, and now have them all in drawstring bags, which are back in the plastic trunk and in the closest.

Here's how I used to have mine:

collection3.jpg

And then went to:

alltoyshelves.jpg

They are back in the trunk, but in individual drawstring bags this time. I may bring them back out to the shelves again...I liked them that way; it was so much easier!
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
nevan

Postby nevan » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:03 pm

As long as it's the same kind of silicone (ie platinum cured, body safe silicone), its usually fine to store them together. I've seen tons of users pile their BD toys on top of each other in a box/storage container with no problems. Frisky Beast and Exotic Erotics use the same kind of silicone, so it's usually fine to store them together. I have my BD and FB toys chilling in a box on top of a towel and two FB storage bags, and I've had no issues. However, when in doubt, definitely either bag, or separate with fabric (like a hand towel, or something). Vixskin (did I spell that right?) has silicone lube in the toys themselves, and aren't recommended storing with other silicone toys (I don't have any of those, myself, but I've read on the forums that that is the case).

Storage v2.1.JPG

All my lovelies, chilling together. No disintegration here *knocks on wood*!
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:05 am

I have been told that you should keep all silicon toys separate from other toys, including other types of silicon toys. However separate; as in not touching. So yeah even bags would do the trick. I will admit though this advise could have been given based on the fact that I could have been getting sex toys from different companies. So I honestly don't know if that makes a difference?

I did get told that it could cause the silicon to break down and sort of become sticky?? The same if you use silicon based lubricant, that you should always go for water based. I also did a quick Google search and found this: http://101.lubezilla.com/featured-stories/how-do-you-know-if-your-lubricant-is-sex-toy-friendly/

Like I have seen people just keep all the BD toys together, is this without issue? Is the fact you can be confident that it is the same stuff make a difference? I would love to know the science behind this actually. Since I do know that looking after your toys, and in general toy care is important for various reasons.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:22 pm

karla-chan wrote:I have been told that you should keep all silicon toys separate from other toys, including other types of silicon toys. However separate; as in not touching. So yeah even bags would do the trick. I will admit though this advise could have been given based on the fact that I could have been getting sex toys from different companies. So I honestly don't know if that makes a difference?

I did get told that it could cause the silicon to break down and sort of become sticky?? The same if you use silicon based lubricant, that you should always go for water based. I also did a quick Google search and found this: http://101.lubezilla.com/featured-stories/how-do-you-know-if-your-lubricant-is-sex-toy-friendly/

Like I have seen people just keep all the BD toys together, is this without issue? Is the fact you can be confident that it is the same stuff make a difference? I would love to know the science behind this actually. Since I do know that looking after your toys, and in general toy care is important for various reasons.

You can store all toys made of the material together; companies like BD, EE, FB and the like all use medical grade, platinum cure silicone. Many people here have been storing those companies' toys together for years without an issue. The breakdown will happen if you're storing these toys with "toxic" toys: Toys that are made from non-body-safe materials such as jelly, PVC or rubber. I've had all of my toys stacked neatly in a plastic tub before, for months without issue.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:18 pm

I see, I think to be safe I would only keep my BD toys together just to be sure. Since they do cost a lot of money and I have been warned about the "melting" thing before.

It's kind of alarming that there are non body safe toys out there though... I guess this could be why a lot of people I know are going to silicone and/or glass.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:34 am

karla-chan wrote:I see, I think to be safe I would only keep my BD toys together just to be sure. Since they do cost a lot of money and I have been warned about the "melting" thing before.

It's kind of alarming that there are non body safe toys out there though... I guess this could be why a lot of people I know are going to silicone and/or glass.

There's a reason those other toys say "novelty", to cover their butts if someone gets sick, and then tries to sue. Their packaging is basically saying "not body safe!" right out there.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:48 am

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
karla-chan wrote:I see, I think to be safe I would only keep my BD toys together just to be sure. Since they do cost a lot of money and I have been warned about the "melting" thing before.

There's a reason those other toys say "novelty", to cover their butts if someone gets sick, and then tries to sue. Their packaging is basically saying "not body safe!" right out there.

The thing is, in the UK a lot of people buy sex toys. They a perfectly legal and we have high street shops that sell them. I have been to conventions show casing various toys. It is all very open. I know in some countries it is less open, and that is why more of those toys will say novelty on them. Or will label them as a "personal massager" and say it is external use only. These are the reasons I was always told.

However this doesn't happen as often in the UK. So many don't even say that though. This is what worries me actually. I know a lot of my toys are not silicon. Since it is seen as a new thing coming in that is meant to be more "top of the range" and put forward that way. Along with a price tag too. A lot of companies are starting to use silicon or glass more and claim it is much better. However they don't state their could be dangers with other toys. Or that they shouldn't be used internally etc.

Maybe because they still sell them as well? I don't know. You do get big brand high street sex toy sellers, like Ann Summers and only some of their toys are silicon. They tell you know to not to store your toys together, because they can affect each other. They are also very keen on making sure you use the right lube, and stress that toys need cleaning every time you use them. So they don't come across as some shady back street shop that doesn't care.

Since they way their toys are marketed, I think if you did get ill. Than you probably could sue them. Since they really do advertise them as sex toys and will hold demonstrations and explain why certain features are good for certain things.

So I am kind of really curious about this now.
BadBear

Postby BadBear » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:27 am

I used to keep my first toys in a small safe, along with my important cards, documents and personal valuables :B It wasn't an ideal place, but it was the only privet place I could actually hide them at the time - because I was young and my parents would still snoop around my room.
Eventually my collection out grew the safe though (plus I would rather my toys have their own space), so I moved up to using a large bag that I put a small hole in and used the hole to padlock the zip shut, by that point my parents weren't as overbearing so they didn't even noticed the bag or that it was padlocked.
A few years ago, my collection got too big for the bag and I upgraded again. I had this huge wooden box that I used to store extra bedding and blankets in, but I now use it as my toy box. I got some latch locks and attached them to either side and use them to padlock my box shut, plus I went an bought some nice black and red mottled leatherette to make a nice lining inside. I added in a divider panel and a shelf so to keep things a bit neater, though my measurements were a little off so the shelf and sides are a little floppy... I'll get around to buying more leatherette and re-doing it one day, with more pockets and such too, but for now it does the job and will do.

toyboxdesign.JPG

Toybox.JPG
MyFavoriteObsession

Postby MyFavoriteObsession » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:57 pm

Last edited by MyFavoriteObsession on Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Defiant

Postby Defiant » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:27 pm

The only true silicone toy that will react with other silicone toys are Vixskin's toys, since they're imbued with silicone lube. Every other company I know of and own toys from (about 10 companies, I believe?) is just fine to store toys from.

My setup: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25033&start=180#p1054330

Still have it the same way, except my collection has outgrown the drawers since then and some now are in a plastic tote surrounded by blankets in my closet. Believe me, I'm super paranoid about anything happening to my collection, I've spent over $6,500 on it in total and I'm certainly not on the wealthy side. Most of my entertainment/free money goes towards my dick collecting hobby, so I'd be very devastated if anything happened to it.
Proud owner of 293(!) toys - viewtopic.php?f=126&t=3564&start=440#p985131

I buy a lot of my toys secondhand! If you're curious about those I've done business with, I have a list on my profile. Feel free to PM me with any questions about the toys I own or my secondhand experiences!
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:47 pm

Oh wow that set up is like!! :bugeyed: That's impressive!

I think I'm going to take into consideration what I store with each other. Since I have none silicone toys. So I'm only going to keep my silicone toys together, and if I find none BD toys. I think I will look and ask about. It's good to know a lot of companies are.

However considering that I have a lot of Ann Summers toys and they don't just sell silicone. Then I'm a bit wary at the moment. So since I just have the one BD toy I think I'm just going to keep them away from everything else. But keep my BD toys together.

Thanks for the advice though, since I will ask about if other silicone toys come up.
Niah

Postby Niah » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:53 pm

For Zaphora, when you're posting a reply, scroll down a bit and you'll see a little grey tab marked "Attachments", click the red "add files" button, and you'll have the usual attachment window show up and you can select from your saved photos on your computer, wherever they are. :smile:

My toys are currently in some cloth drawstring bags in my sock and underwear drawer (my bottle of cumlube is in there too and I'm not concerned about my parents (mom, really) digging through that drawer; she just puts any clothes on my bed), but I'm fast running out of room. I only have two bags and there are two toys in each bag (small Crash, mini Sleipnir, small Sleipnir, and small Crackers). I've got a Flint being made and I've got my eyes on at least one more toy that I know of. I've got a few ideas for when I move out (whenever that will be) and am living completely on my own (with no roommates/housemates, I hope). Hell, I'll probably just put them on shelves in my bedroom or something if I'm living alone.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
kt~

Postby kt~ » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:04 pm

Since I recently got a bunch of new toys, I have no more bags to store them in. So I just ordered these Halloween drawstring bags!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121454746722
s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg (55.71 KiB) Viewed 837 times

They're 10.5 inches (and according to another auction with the same bags they're about 8" x 10.5") so I can probably fit more than one toy in each bag.

Edit: I just realized these are the same bags FB is offering for Halloween! So now I know they'll be able to fit multiple toys :smile:
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
Basvanderwerff
Banhammered

Postby Basvanderwerff » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:17 pm

I got them in a bunch of storage boxes that fit under my bed.
The toys themselfs are in drawstring bags, to know wich toy is in the bag i drew the outline of said toy on the bag with fabric markers, works great.
Click to see my toys
My art doodles http://bas-art-stuff.tumblr.com/
Worlds worst strait male
katze

Postby katze » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:15 pm

i have one of these: http://www.shevibe.com/sugar-sak-antiba ... y-bag.aspx

and i just shove them in my drawer lmao

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”