Unexpected "visitor" [TMI warning]

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Fox-Titan

Unexpected "visitor" [TMI warning]

Postby Fox-Titan » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:11 am

(Posted this in the wrong section whoops)
If you're a vagina owner, you know exactly what I'm talking about. (Under a spoiler for TMI bullshit) :psyduck:

► Show Spoiler
Titania Andersen

Selling a medium Kelvin! PM for information
Dusksong

Re: Unexpected "visitor" [TMI warning]

Postby Dusksong » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:27 am

Yes! It's such an annoyance. I wasn't sure if it would be safe to use them during that time, I suppose with a condom it would be okay but I didn't have any handy. So I had to wait several days :crying:

Edit - By safe I mean, safe for the toy. Obv it's safe for me!
Image Be true, be brave, stand. All the rest is darkness. - Stephen King
* Toys for sale & Wanted in my profile! *
SallySue

Postby SallySue » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:44 am

Quite often when that visitor decides to be irregular. It used to squick me out, but knowing I had to wait however many days for that visitor to leave became unacceptable. So now I just toy anyway. :eyeroll: If it's an issue of being overly sensitive I just choose a different toy. Actually I can ONLY see myself enjoying my toys during that time instead of other intimacy. I know some partners don't care, but I'd be really self conscious about it.
Elli

Postby Elli » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:41 am

Dusksong wrote:Yes! It's such an annoyance. I wasn't sure if it would be safe to use them during that time, I suppose with a condom it would be okay but I didn't have any handy. So I had to wait several days :crying:

Edit - By safe I mean, safe for the toy. Obv it's safe for me!

I've had to wait after I got a new toy but doing so didn't bother me much. Honestly, it's not a long wait and for the first few days I'm usually too sore to want anything in me anyway :eyeroll:

I have toyed while on my period though, without condoms, and the toys were just fine! I do make sure to rinse them in cold water first when I clean them but as far as I'm aware the only "risk" we're taking with the toys is the chance that they might smell afterwards?
k9jack_

Postby k9jack_ » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:11 am

Not one to experience that unexpected visitor myself, I actually don't mind if my partner has such a visitor (though I wouldn't call it having a threesome, lol). My GF is a bit conscious about it too, but especially near the end of her flow, she is horny enough not to care. We just throw down some towels and the only real difference seems to be that the cum that flows out has a slightly different color.

I do recall I once had sex with an ex GF while she was bang in the midst and it was a bit messy, but the good, sexy and erotic kind of messy. It provided both of us a bit of a primal emotion, seeing chunks and blood everywhere. A nice shower later all was gone.
Collection :
    BDSheathcock (M) & Wereable Werewolf (L) - DARudolph Soft - EAVixen - EECody (M) & Motown - PH Growler (L)
Kinda on the wishlist :
    PH Neigh Sayer wereable
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:31 am

I toy on a towel anyways, so there isn't much difference in what week of the month it is. I'm on the pill and I have such a light flow that going to the bathroom beforehand to wipe the area off pretty much reduces any chance of dripping :eyeroll:

I haven't had any issues with staining toys or any other sort of damage, but they might smell slightly metallic for a little bit. BD's toy cleaner does a good job of removing smells that normal hand soap doesn't. If you want to be absolutely sure there is no smell, you could try a gentle bleach bath (1:10 bleach to water).

Some people don't like using toys on their period because they're sensitive, but that'll vary from person to person!
ImageImage
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:33 am

I always end up using my toys on my period even if it is messy just because masturbating relieves my cramps so much. I really don't mind it, I'm not too grossed out by it and end up showering afterwards. I've never had any issue with any smells lingering on them, washing it off in the shower with a bit of soap does the trick!
SierraFox

Postby SierraFox » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:54 am

Yeah, I'm another who doesn't care if it's "shark week" in the least lol. Considering all the other fluids we subject these toys to, I can't imagine blood would cause any issues. Between the through-the-wall horniness and the cramp relief, the little mess is worth it (and nothing a towel can't fix right up :stick: ). I could almost see it working well with some toys, think like a David, get into the fantasy of a werewolf tracking you down by the scent of blood...

But then I'm a bit weird :misc6:
Dusksong

Postby Dusksong » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:42 am

Good to know it shouldn't harm the toys! I haven't had any silicone ones before so I wasn't sure about absorbing odors.
Basvanderwerff
Banhammered

Postby Basvanderwerff » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:56 am

Dusksong wrote:Good to know it shouldn't harm the toys! I haven't had any silicone ones before so I wasn't sure about absorbing odors.

silicon can take on odors actually but they will wear off again pretty but it stil doesnt harm them.
Click to see my toys
My art doodles http://bas-art-stuff.tumblr.com/
Worlds worst strait male
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:10 pm

Dusksong wrote:Good to know it shouldn't harm the toys! I haven't had any silicone ones before so I wasn't sure about absorbing odors.

Silicone does absorb odour, especially if you're toying anally and don't clean out prior to playing. I have had... *those* sorts of smells stay on my toys for weeks, even after boiling and multiple washes with toy cleaners. I've never had a period smell stick on em, though. Blood is just another bodily fluid; I'm not sure why some people think it will damage their toys. These things are already subjected to poo, other anal juices, vaginal juices, and even pee (if you're a squirter, since squirt is just diluted pee anyway). Blood won't hurt them at all.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:51 pm

Yes. it literally happens to me almost every time I recieve a toy. Not even joking.

Still haven't been able to use my Royal Dragon because of it. :/ So his review is on hold.

And yes, I realize that your period doesn't damage or harm the toy, it's just that when I'm on it, my vagina is too shallow and raw, and putting anything up there just...hurts, and the sensations dull. Buuuuut, I'm still wickedly horny. So unfair.
Fox-Titan

Postby Fox-Titan » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:14 pm

Whenever the Red Gyarados visits the Lake of Rage for me (trademarked by me :stick: ), I hardly find myself sticking anything up into me, but my WAHL massager does a great job of taking care of those aches and pains, especially the sexual sort. :excited:
Titania Andersen

Vitani

Postby Vitani » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:15 pm

Blah. Lucky. Vibrations/solely clit stim doesn't do much for me. I get more pleasure out of actual penetration.
Dusksong

Postby Dusksong » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:35 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:

Silicone does absorb odour, especially if you're toying anally and don't clean out prior to playing. I have had... *those* sorts of smells stay on my toys for weeks, even after boiling and multiple washes with toy cleaners. I've never had a period smell stick on em, though. Blood is just another bodily fluid; I'm not sure why some people think it will damage their toys. These things are already subjected to poo, other anal juices, vaginal juices, and even pee (if you're a squirter, since squirt is just diluted pee anyway). Blood won't hurt them at all.

Yeah mainly I was concerned about discoloration too, I ran into that with a Diva Cup, it's also silicone though mine was transparent. Still was always a bit off-color even after boiling.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:39 pm

Dusksong wrote:Yeah mainly I was concerned about discoloration too, I ran into that with a Diva Cup, it's also silicone though mine was transparent. Still was always a bit off-color even after boiling.

I haven't had any issues with discolouration of my toys, but then again...none of my toys are really light coloured, or white. Maybe designate a couple of your darker coloured toys, playmates for when your period hits. I've done that.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Fox-Titan

Postby Fox-Titan » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:55 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Dusksong wrote:Yeah mainly I was concerned about discoloration too, I ran into that with a Diva Cup, it's also silicone though mine was transparent. Still was always a bit off-color even after boiling.

I haven't had any issues with discolouration of my toys, but then again...none of my toys are really light coloured, or white. Maybe designate a couple of your darker coloured toys, playmates for when your period hits. I've done that.

I should probably do that myself. I do have an onyx black Bruiser on my wishlist, and he would be perfect for period play.
Titania Andersen

Samson

Postby Samson » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:58 pm

I've done it a few times. Toy cleaned up fine and I personally did not notice any strong lingering smells.
Image Tentacle Monster. Flower prince. Image
Twitter @pinkqueerdeer
Bakpakgrrl

Postby Bakpakgrrl » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:20 am

Sterilizing in 10% bleach solution for 1-2 hours gets rid of lingering odors in my experience.
My toybox overfloweth :misc12:....current toy count: 24
Currently selling a nice Large Echo in 5 here!
Currently selling an EE Reptilian and Monster Buck here!
Katomi

Postby Katomi » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:34 pm

SierraFox wrote:Yeah, I'm another who doesn't care if it's "shark week" in the least lol. Considering all the other fluids we subject these toys to, I can't imagine blood would cause any issues. Between the through-the-wall horniness and the cramp relief, the little mess is worth it (and nothing a towel can't fix right up :stick: ). I could almost see it working well with some toys, think like a David, get into the fantasy of a werewolf tracking you down by the scent of blood...

But then I'm a bit weird :misc6:

I love your way of thinking hahahah. But I also have a bit of a menstrual blood fetish :P To see the blood mixed with cum run down my milky white thighs! HOT. Feel lile the ultimate wolf-girl then!

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”