Toys you want to love, but...

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
fourdays

Toys you want to love, but...

Postby fourdays » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:11 pm

I have this dilemma when picking toys. There are ones that I really love the character model or aesthetic of, but when I actually consider how they work I just... don't feel good about it? I want to love them but I can't bring myself to buy them.

For example, I really love Spritz because I'm a huge fan of seadragons and aquatic themes, and I really love ripple textures and knots. But most of my toys already have knots, and there are other ones out there that do so much better with ripples. Same for Vasu, Elden, Roland, and Pretzal. I get really dissapointed when I think of buying "duplicates" because I only want/need toys that all do vastly different jobs.

Do you guys buy toys based on how much you like the character model, or the concept behind them? How do you go about deciding which ones to get, if not by appeal alone? And if, hypothetically, I do buy all the toys I impulsively want, what am I supposed to do when 50% of the collection would have the same feature?!
s/3 CT Terra Onyx Black s/3 Crash Rogue s/3 Spritz Frankenpour Wind Egg
s/3 SC Scorn Golden Hoard s/H [email protected] H0r5e Delux Surprise s/2 Cocksheath Rocket Red
AlphaBlue

Re: Toys you want to love, but...

Postby AlphaBlue » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:30 pm

I get this a lot too >_> especially when new models come out haha. Usually what I do is think of some combination of size and firmness that ends up being something that would still be unique to my collection use wise. If not and I absolutely have to have it, I try to see what toys I already have that are close that I'm willing to sell (like right now I've decided to sell my Bumblehooves so that I can get a Tyson). I gotta say though it would be much easier in my mind if I had two holes to fill and had a good excuse to need more variety XD

Meng is one that I don't use at all but manages to avoid my "must sell you and be responsible (or rather so I can afford to buy another toy)" gaze just cause it's so cool and unique. And Snowball is one that I loved the character so much I wanted it no matter what haha but there are always a few that just appeal to you in a certain way, like a fantasy behind it or something, that no matter how similar it is to another toy you just can't give it up or pass on it :stick:
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-
Niah

Postby Niah » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:51 pm

I love the character art for Roland, Nocturne, and Tyson, but only Nocturne appeals to me of the three, and even then, not very strongly. I try to avoid buying toys that would give me similar experiences. I love my Snow Leopard, but won't get a Nox because of the similarities. I want to like Apollo, but I think he'd be too similar to my Flint (except for being slightly smaller). Right now Sleipnir is the only one I have duplicates of; I've got a mini and a small/5 with a small/3 ordered. I'm looking to get a medium/5 Crash since I like my small so much. I honestly like some of the penetrables, but being female I don't have the equipment to use them, lol. Oh, I also want to like Tucker, but the toy itself doesn't really appeal to me all that much, sadly.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Elli

Postby Elli » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:32 pm

The character art and story is all just fancy wrapping for me. It's nice and all and it makes for a slightly more appealing first impression but is always quickly thrown out and forgotten about in favour of what's "inside" :laugh:

I had enough money available to me last year to impulse buy what I wanted so that's mostly what I did. Granted, I spent ages looking at adoptions and all but memorised the toys size charts so I'd have a loose plan/wishlist of sorts but when it came time to buy I think the colours decided more than anything else?

I did kinda try (though ultimately failed) not to get toys that were too similar in both size and features by going up or down one size for some models depending on what I already had but honestly? Even the similar toys aren't that similar in use and some just feels better than others for no readily apparent reason :mystery:

Idk, aside from them taking up space I don't think having too many toys is a problem really. Some days I'll want one thing the next another and it's not just a size and feature thing but about simply liking something better or worse depending on my mood maybe?

It's a little like deciding what kind of chocolate I want to buy when I go to the grocery store. I've got favourites, sure, but there's no one kind that'll do every time and just because I want one thing now it doesn't mean I'll want the same a week from now or even tomorrow!
Knottery

Postby Knottery » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:43 pm

I guess I have a bunch of toys that theoretically would have the same purpose but I think they feel different enough in use that sometimes I want to use one over the other so it doesn't really bother me so much. But at this point I guess I'm more of a collector than someone trying to build a functional set of toys. I don't really go looking for toys for x, y, and z purposes. If I think it'll feel nice and I like the aesthetics of the model, I'll just go for it.
Umbral

Postby Umbral » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:44 pm

I want to love David because I have a huge yen for wolfy/werewolf things. But I have a Bruiser that I am waiting to finish being made. I got Bruiser because the character art/concept/idea appealed to me far more than David's design. So I am a bit reluctant to fork money over on a David when I have a bruiser. In the other hand, I also ordered a Small sleip and a med crackers and I am planning on getting flint as well, all for girthy play. That is mostly because I discovered the feeling full effect and want to push my limits width wise since I already discovered that depth wise medium toys are about my limit until I can train my body more.

As far as other knotted toys go, I also have a medium Nova (Which I had originally passed up until I saw a flop in turquoise). The girth of the toy is perfect, but I bottom out at about the knot (hit the cervix)and can't take that all the way internally. So for me it fulfills the fantasy of having a knot I can't take pushing against me.

So I guess I don't have a problem getting similar toys, but I need to feel that there would be a reason for it and the toy has to appeal to me. I usually go by Size/color/firmness but occasionally I will look at a color first and the dimensions of a toy second. the Small Sleip I ordered will also be the softest toy I have, so that in it of itself will be a new experience for me.

TL;DR If I can justify the reason for getting a toy well enough to myself, doubling up isn't an issue so long as it's something I think I will enjoy.
We Will Forever Be Known, By The Tracks We Leave Behind -Dakota Proverb

Sean

Postby Sean » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:53 pm

The tentacle. I love tentacles and find them erotic. Though I just... can't really find the toy appealing. Or any tentacle toy, for that matter. I think it's the fact that I expect them to look and feel like the real deal. I dunno. :V
18 / Male / Bisexual / Mated
Masochist / Submissive / Kitten

Toy Count: 11 Insertables/3 Plugs
Fox-Titan

Postby Fox-Titan » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:44 pm

I like anthro horses, especially the futa kinds. But with Chance's long size and thin shaft, I feel like he wouldn't be so great for vaginal since I'm a bit wary of anal play, and that's what he was really meant for. At least there's Tucker and Bumble, but it's just not the same :doh:
Titania Andersen

Selling a medium Kelvin! PM for information
nevan

Postby nevan » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:07 am

I soooo badly wanted to love my medium Elden, but sadly his texture with the abrupt knot didn't love me... and beta shark ended up being more aesthetically pleasing... small soft nox'a job was done better by mini fb hyaenodon (and recently mini sleipnir)... I have this problem a lot...there's a big part of me that wants multiples in different sizes of my absolute favorite models, and a big collection in general; but I can't justify keeping/buying toys just for aesthetics alone (which is why I want so many teenies tbh). Plus space and money issues.

As soon as I receive my pending orders (my fb drone and fb cryo; as well as we reptilian and da lumpy), I'm going to look through and possibly sell some toys again (mainly lookin at fb deinonychus for that though). Although they are all fairly different from each other so...I dunno...
3TK

Postby 3TK » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:42 am

Character art and story is a nice flavor, but it barely draws me in. I usually either come up with something, or I have something in-mind already.
That said...there are a couple that have some stories that kind of made their items all the more appealing to me. :blush: The Dragon's Tongue being one example, although I already wanted that one for different reasons so (and it's unique enough to justify)...so it just kind of moved it up in "The List" a bit, so to speak.

I typically like to get toys that fulfill different roles. Which makes it difficult when picking out toys, as some just look awesome, but...fulfill similar niches to ones I have or plan to get that are higher on "The List". :misc6: :eyeroll:

There might be exceptions for me, but with so many things that I want right now, getting "doubles" (in role/niche) is just too hard to justify right now. ie: After thinking about it, Tyson looks pretty cool for anal, but would I really want him or Chance instead..? :misc6: :doh: (Hypothetical example question of my thoughts, not a real one!)
Sean

Postby Sean » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:09 am

I have a small Terra in split spectrum and he is gorgeous but literally every time I try to insert him I feel pain. Not the kind of pain you might feel such as being overstretched or too deep, I mean the kind where it's like someone just shoved a knife up inside you. It made my eyes water, too. I don't know what it is exactly, I guess the shape just doesn't agree with me. I want to love him so much though, he's so pretty in both design and color.
18 / Male / Bisexual / Mated
Masochist / Submissive / Kitten

Toy Count: 11 Insertables/3 Plugs
SheWantsTheDragonD

Postby SheWantsTheDragonD » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:11 am

The Tentacle. I love Tentacles, but I wish the toy could be redesigned to be somehow better for use. I have one in a pretty pink with faint blue metallic that I keep just because it's pretty.

Annnnd David. David's design is too smooth to do anything for me.

And Nox, because lots of people love Nox but I hate smooth toys, and Nox just felt all wrong for my vagina.

Also, toys I have considered but held off on getting:

Stan. When I first saw his release I said, "ooooh yessss I need to buy this T-rex and he's going to be so wonderful," but I heard less than stellar reviews.

And anything that isn't hella girthy or hella textured.
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~- :misc15: :misc13: :misc14: -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Drazard

Postby Drazard » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:23 am

I've bought a few toys that I wanted to love but wound up not really enjoying. :( The most recent of which has been Echo - I'm on a massive Star Wars kick right now, and I've always had a bit of a thing for tauntauns, but Echo just doesn't agree with me; I find him uncomfortably pokey, and he manages to be both offensively smooth and somehow irritating with the small bit of texture he has. I love the colour of the adoption I purchased, but I think I'll be moving him along to make way for new purchases sooner rather than later.

Stan's another one where I love the concept but don't enjoy the experience. He's just boring, bless him - after that head pops in, he's just too smooth and angled in such a weird way that I don't really feel anything.

I bought a small Nox based on the hype about him being great for vaginal - again, wasn't really my cup of tea. I do think it's the size that bored me with Nox, so he is one I'm going to try again but in medium, as I love his design and have a custom in mind~
Shadow hound

Postby Shadow hound » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:31 am

Toys with plates. Like Flint, Apollo, anything that has plating. It looks so beautiful but it just pretty much hurts me :/ Maybe if it was small and soft it wouldn't hurt me but why would I want something tiny when I could just spend my money on something girthy and big which is a much bigger turn-on for me.

I really love Flint's head design and the chubbyness and the curve but I just want to take a cheese cutter and pull off the plating when I look at the pictures x) I wish there was something with the same aesthetics and shape without the ouchy plating. Curved, thick, semi-human, rawr...

Also there's so many toys that I would love but they are too long and the heads are so pointy that the point of it takes so much space that there's no way to reach for the knot. When the girth is right and juicy then the knot is too far down.

I wish that there was more vaginal friendly toys that didn't have plating and I wish some toys sizing would be more like ..changing the girth instead of the lenght x) like the bigger the toy is the chunkier it gets and maybe height would grow only from like 5,5 to 7 inches or something. Or maybe in bigger sizes if the knot would move upwards and lenght would grow underneath the knot more.

That of course would go for knotted toys only. with straight toys there's no need to take the entire toy.
My Toys:
► Show Spoiler
Tovah

Postby Tovah » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:20 am

Hmm, for me it had to be the Tentacle. I bought a medium one during the Black Friday sale and the first time I used him, I was poked in all the wrong places. He had to go.

I also have a Spritz and my body just seems to dislike his knot. I love his story, but I wince every time his knot goes in. I'll probably have to sell him and get something else. If his small had a slightly wider knot, I probably would have just gone down a size, but It's just smaller than my current favourites.
Goliogon

Postby Goliogon » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:05 am

I'm kinda torn about getting an Apollo, since the toy looks so beautiful and my fursona is a chimera. But the thing is mostly a giant knot, and I don't think I get on with knots well. That, and it seems the small is too small, whilst the mediums knot would probably be too big. I don't know... I still want to get one, I'm just sceptical about how much I'll legitimately enjoy it.

Also, my first toy being a small Stan, I can honestly say he was a big disappointment reality-to-expectation-wise. He looks so thick and manly, I imagined him being so gorgeously filling, but nope. Too thick (especially at the head, jeez), too bent, and overall just too much. At least now I have the common sense to actually read reviews before I buy a toy.

Having said that, the Mountain Drake had pretty good reviews and I'd heard a lot about how fitted he was to vaginal. Well, I got one, and the whole thing is just a damn plug. So much for all those intricate textures I couldn't actually feel; they're all show and no action.
֍Bad Dragon Addict ֍Aspiring Furry Artist ֍Avatar: TLA Fan ֍Happily Mated
Check out my reviews!: Flint (Mini 5 + Small 5)

Click to see toys owned/ wanted...
► Show Spoiler
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:04 am

I only had three toys that REALLY didn't work for me.

David: Was interested in trying him because I really love werewolves, I think they're super hot and was interested to try the toy with it's huge head. I was actually impressed with how little sensation I got from him. The head felt like nothing, the knot felt like nothing, and just the whole toy... gave me no sensations. I tried thrusting riding grinding. I took the whole length of the toy and didn't even know because of how boring it was. I find that straighter toys tend to give me trouble, and David was no exception.

Tentacle: If I wanted to replicate the sensation of trying to fish around in my vagina for my vaginal ring then the tentacle was the go to toy! Ugh the thing was so pokey. I have trouble with external stim and the suckers felt like nothing, inserting it was so boring, I couldn't ride or grind. Nothing felt good. I tried twisting it so that the suckers were outward against my clit while thrusting, but I got no internal sensations other than a distracting poking sensation deep inside of me. Unable to muster an orgasm with him, disappointing toy.

And finally, the worst offender of them all
Nova: I have never had a toy work for me less, while simultaneously feeling so painful. Nova had this natural talent of missing all of my sweet spots and honing in directly on spots that irritated me. I couldn't feel the texture, thrusting was awful, the toy was too straight. I couldn't knot it with how the toy is designed, and oh my god he just hurt. Nothing felt good at all with Nova. I had to stop toying all together because I was getting terrible cramps in my stomach from how he was hitting me. Ugh he made me feel sick, I really really did not like Nova at all, which sucks because he's such a cool looking toy.
Goliogon

Postby Goliogon » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:11 am

Arumaeruma wrote:
Nova: I have never had a toy work for me less, while simultaneously feeling so painful. Nova had this natural talent of missing all of my sweet spots and honing in directly on spots that irritated me. I couldn't feel the texture, thrusting was awful, the toy was too straight. I couldn't knot it with how the toy is designed, and oh my god he just hurt. Nothing felt good at all with Nova. I had to stop toying all together because I was getting terrible cramps in my stomach from how he was hitting me. Ugh he made me feel sick, I really really did not like Nova at all, which sucks because he's such a cool looking toy.

Oh jeez, that's really not great to hear; Nova has been on my wishlist for a while now! As cool as he does look, I think I might have to kick him off and admit that Flint is ultimately the 'better version'. I like texture and all, but the straightness, lack of girth and huge knot on Nova is really putting me off, now that I'm taking a good look at him...
:eyeroll:

► Show Spoiler
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:14 am

Goliogon wrote:
Arumaeruma wrote:

Oh jeez, that's really not great to hear; Nova has been on my wishlist for a while now! As cool as he does look, I think I might have to kick him off and admit that Flint is ultimately the 'better version'. I like texture and all, but the straightness, lack of girth and huge knot on Nova is really putting me off, now that I'm taking a good look at him...
:eyeroll:

A lot of people have had better luck with Nova but out of all the toys I've tried I really did not enjoy him. He's a much more suited anal toy than vaginal, the straightness of him did not agree with me :( It was sad because the one I had was really cute looking too, but I used him once and really didn't want to try him again with how crampy he made me.
Goliogon

Postby Goliogon » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:20 am

Arumaeruma wrote:
A lot of people have had better luck with Nova but out of all the toys I've tried I really did not enjoy him. He's a much more suited anal toy than vaginal, the straightness of him did not agree with me :( It was sad because the one I had was really cute looking too, but I used him once and really didn't want to try him again with how crampy he made me.

Bleh, the cramps sound awful. :doh:
Well... I'll probably hold him off for when/ if I become more of an anal toyer, if nothing else, but I'll probably ignore Novas on the adopts page for now. Glad I didn't cave for one of the many pretty Novas they've been dropping recently; it's always a shame when the prettiest colours are on the least favoured toys. I swear sometimes I'm tempted to buy toys just 'cause they're pretty, but I'd rather not buy a dildo just as a mantelpiece ornament.

► Show Spoiler

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”