Where did Bruce go?

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
3TK
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:55 pm

Re: Where did Bruce go?

Postby 3TK » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:30 pm

I don't think the Hanns mold broke considering the CS conversation posted here: https://forums.bad-dragon.com/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=12449&start=25540#p1128869

It was said the Small size was cut because they were "streamlining their products".
Then again, they said they didn't know what the process would be if someone wanted to buy a Small Hanns (even as a "Legacy" at this point).

*Note that when it was asked if anything else was being eliminated, the answer was "just colors" and that "all the big changes were done", so this might've even been a surprise to CS.

That said, I'll post the transcript for my ticket for posterity's sake:
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Amaranthe
Posts: 2466
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:10 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Where did Bruce go?

Postby Amaranthe » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Lipton wrote:People could just chill and see what happens instead of going crazy, doesn't change anything anyways :psyduck:

You keep saying that. You said almost the exact same thing over on the Easter Marble thread. Nobody here is going crazy, just talking about it and expressing worries. No problem talking about a weird thing that's going on. It won't change anything, but this is a forum. You know, for discussing things related to BD. It's much better to have a thread than to pelt CS with tickets from all of us, in my opinion. Especially since CS doesn't seem to be too clued in anyway. :psyduck:

As long as no rumors get started, but it doesn't seem like that's happening.
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10491
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: Where did Bruce go?

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:42 pm

Well, that's certainly...interesting. I knew I should have jumped on a Bruce when I had the chance. Dammit. ><
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
Zombiehorse287
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:04 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Where did Bruce go?

Postby Zombiehorse287 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:45 pm

Even though Bruce is wayyy too big I'd still want one! (yes I know I have one already)

Maybe they're gonna pull a Twinkies :widesmile:
My babies:
► Show Spoiler

“Comparison is the thief of joy” – Theodore Roosevelt
hooooonk
User avatar
AltheaThune
Posts: 478
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:40 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Where did Bruce go?

Postby AltheaThune » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:49 pm

From my chat with CS this afternoon:

Yes, Bruce is, indeed being retired. The Powers-that-Be at Bad Dragon made the decision. CS isn't allowed to disclose anything about the whys and wherefores, or future plans, if they even know. It hasn't been a terribly popular model, so that may have been a factor.

Bruce will be available for custom order, at legacy pricing. This would seem to rule out the "broken mold" theory. If a revision of the model is planned, CS either doesn't know, or isn't allowed to talk about it.

CS is not aware of any other planned retirements, or if they are, they're not allowed to discuss it.

As for me, I'm just glad I submitted my "surprise me" order before it was too late. I'd been stalking adoptions hoping for something really pretty, but I finally gave up. I've never done a "surprise me" order before. Oh, I do hope it's beautiful!
FOR SALE: Mountain Drake (OS/5), Legacy Naga (S/8), Sleipnir (S/5), Sleipnir (Mini/3), Trent (M/5), Tyson (S/5). Additional info in my profile. PM me for details.
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10491
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: Where did Bruce go?

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:51 pm

Then why in the heck did a rep, only a week or so ago, pop in and say nothing else was being retired? :doh:

Oh, well. DP doesn't really work for me nor can I take something that size up the butt, but, eh...I still kind of always wanted one.


Edit: I'm surprised they aren't having an extinction sale, with Bruce, the small Hanns, and whatever else might be pulled, next. I mean, at least give people one last chance (even a week) to order one, rather than saying "nothing is being retired", and then, you know, retire them. :unamused:
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
Dracon Ra
Posts: 1683
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:28 pm
Gender: a-gender
Location: Germany

Re: Where did Bruce go?

Postby Dracon Ra » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:59 pm

Yes, if they'd said they want to retire Bruce, I'd ordered a custom, been thinking about him for a while now.

But there is no way I'll pay the higher rate for a already expensive custom for a toy I won't use that often.
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10491
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: Where did Bruce go?

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:07 pm

I'm (sort of) wondering if they will have a last chance sale, on Friday or something...
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
Amaranthe
Posts: 2466
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:10 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Where did Bruce go?

Postby Amaranthe » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:10 pm

This is really annoying. They could have easily had a little sale, or even an announcement ahead of time, to let people make their orders instead of having them snatched away quietly. I would have jumped on the chance to get my small Hanns, since I was putting it off with the assumption that it would be there when I figured out what color I wanted it to be, or one I liked would pop up in adoptions.

I'm thinking Dasa told us that nothing was being retired because he didn't know. If CS is slow to know, and then either doesn't have all the details or isn't allowed to talk about it, then what's to say that forum moderators were given any more information? Although I'm not sure why he would confidently say that unless he was in on the decisions (not involved necessarily, but in the loop). I feel like it must have come as a surprise for not only us on the forums, but also some people who work at BD.

:misc4: :sniffing:

I dunno. I just don't feel so good about this stuff right now.
User avatar
Fae Fantase
Posts: 3805
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:29 pm
Gender: Female/20's/love for all genders

Re: Where did Bruce go?

Postby Fae Fantase » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:10 pm

Sad for those that wanted Bruce. I would've gotten Bruce if they released him in all sizes or a beginner friendly size. I like my Beta it doesn't need to be terribly long or girthy since it makes up for lack of those with wondrous texture. Same with Portside it was only one size and it was a tad big for this beginner so I never had the interest. Had they made it closer to the size of medium Crash max I would've went for one. That's odd to hear there was an announcement about not retiring models then Bruce gets retired.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
User avatar
Amaranthe
Posts: 2466
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:10 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Where did Bruce go?

Postby Amaranthe » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:13 pm

lovelyscales wrote:Sad for those that wanted Bruce. I would've gotten Bruce if they released him in all sizes or a beginner friendly size. I like my Beta it doesn't need to be terribly long or girthy since it makes up for lack of those with wondrous texture. Same with Portside it was only one size and it was a tad big for this beginner so I never had the interest. Had they made it closer to the size of medium Crash max I would've went for one. That's odd to hear there was an announcement about not retiring models then Bruce gets retired.

I agree. I actually would love to see a full release of Portside after this. Portside is still a little out of my size range, but I would love to get my hands on one. I liked Bruce, but had no use for two shafts, so Portside is the solution!
Rainbow Dasher wrote:I'm (sort of) wondering if they will have a last chance sale, on Friday or something...

I was wondering that, too. But where Friday is April Fools, I'm not sure they would do that because of the chance that nobody would take the retirement sale seriously. Maybe the Monday after? Or the Friday after? :psyduck:
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10491
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: Where did Bruce go?

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:17 pm

^ Oh, good point; I totally forgot about April Fool's.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
HungryStray
Posts: 1449
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:58 am

Re: Where did Bruce go?

Postby HungryStray » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:19 pm

I am rather dissapointed by this. Like... Really really dissapointed. I'm sure Dasa had no idea but it kinda stings because I got comfortable thinking that no more would retire. I'm happy that I put in my order for one but I will never understand pulling a toy just because it's not popular... What is there to gain from that? :(
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
User avatar
Arumaeruma
Posts: 3353
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:45 pm
Gender: Female- Bisexual

Re: Where did Bruce go?

Postby Arumaeruma » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:21 pm

I wonder if they're pulling all these colors/models without saying anything due to the flack that was received from when Moko was retired, combined with them having an overwhelming backlog of orders and not wanting to make more. But if you ask me, I would rather them slow down on the promos to help the backlog than pull colors and models out from under our nose :eyeroll:
User avatar
Amaranthe
Posts: 2466
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:10 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Where did Bruce go?

Postby Amaranthe » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:25 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:I wonder if they're pulling all these colors/models without saying anything due to the flack that was received from when Moko was retired, combined with them having an overwhelming backlog of orders and not wanting to make more. But if you ask me, I would rather them slow down on the promos to help the backlog than pull colors and models out from under our nose :eyeroll:

100% THIS
:unamused:
User avatar
Kith
Posts: 3227
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:36 pm
Gender: Female | Married, with secondary
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Where did Bruce go?

Postby Kith » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:27 pm

Personally, I'd rather there were "last chance" events for this sort of thing. I mean, they're never long enough to satisfy everyone who'd want one, but if stuff's going away, at least give those with the means a final opportunity to acquire something they'd been waiting on.

Bleh.

Edit: Also, I feel bad for CS not getting properly informed in a timely manner.
"I have often wondered since that day if I am the only veterinary surgeon to have used an artificial vagina as a defensive weapon" -- James Herriot, The Lord God Made Them All

Demisexual with BDSM kinks
User avatar
Amaranthe
Posts: 2466
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:10 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Where did Bruce go?

Postby Amaranthe » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:32 pm

Kith wrote:Personally, I'd rather there were "last chance" events for this sort of thing. I mean, they're never long enough to satisfy everyone who'd want one, but if stuff's going away, at least give those with the means a final opportunity to acquire something they'd been waiting on.

Bleh.

Edit: Also, I feel bad for CS not getting properly informed in a timely manner.

I also feel bad for CS. In said this when it was noticed that the other things went missing, but it seems really crappy for BD to make changes they KNOW people will have questions/concerns about, and leave CS to deal with it with no information at all. CS is the only way we have to figure things out, so why would they not tell them before it happened so that they could offer better help?? I get that they probably aren't allowed to talk about it much, but it seems like even CS is kind of the last to know about the changes, based on people's tickets. :unamused:
User avatar
naughtybun
Posts: 926
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:27 pm
Gender: fem bits, but more of a they

Re: Where did Bruce go?

Postby naughtybun » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:14 pm

Lipton wrote:People could just chill and see what happens instead of going crazy, doesn't change anything anyways :psyduck:

No one is going crazy? Like, people are rightfully confused and frustrated that no one is telling us anything. As customers, we have a right to know what the company is doing with our products.
add, depression, anxiety. thanks mother nature.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
https://www.f-list.net/c/naughtybun
3TK
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:55 pm

Re: Where did Bruce go?

Postby 3TK » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:23 pm

AltheaThune wrote:From my chat with CS this afternoon:

Yes, Bruce is, indeed being retired. The Powers-that-Be at Bad Dragon made the decision. CS isn't allowed to disclose anything about the whys and wherefores, or future plans, if they even know. It hasn't been a terribly popular model, so that may have been a factor.

Bruce will be available for custom order, at legacy pricing. This would seem to rule out the "broken mold" theory. If a revision of the model is planned, CS either doesn't know, or isn't allowed to talk about it.

CS is not aware of any other planned retirements, or if they are, they're not allowed to discuss it.

As for me, I'm just glad I submitted my "surprise me" order before it was too late. I'd been stalking adoptions hoping for something really pretty, but I finally gave up. I've never done a "surprise me" order before. Oh, I do hope it's beautiful!

Wow. That's just...so sad to see. :crying:

I have no ill feelings towards CS. I'm sure they had absolutely no clue and were - unfortunately - left to clean-up a mess they knew little about.

I suppose I'm glad you were able to get more information than I did and get confirmation that he is - indeed - being retired. Again, I have no ill feelings towards CS about this matter.

...But towards the "powers-that-be"... :misc5: :angry: Swiping things away from customers without warning is completely underhanded and slimy, to say the least. A little transparency would be amazing.
User avatar
Jasmine
Posts: 2253
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 7:06 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Where did Bruce go?

Postby Jasmine » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:24 pm

...Part of me wonders if Dasa saying "Nothing will be retired" was him trolling us...

:tinfoil:

I rarely use my beta shark, but I'm still sad to see Bruce go. Audax must be super bummed!
ImageImage
Avatar designed by Chibity

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests