Where did Bruce go?

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
HungryStray

Re: Where did Bruce go?

Postby HungryStray » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:32 pm

Jasmine wrote:...Part of me wonders if Dasa saying "Nothing will be retired" was him trolling us...

:tinfoil:

I rarely use my beta shark, but I'm still sad to see Bruce go. Audax must be super bummed!

I really don't believe Dasa would do that. He's never trolled to be cruel. I think everyone is correct in assuming that both CS and the mods had little to no idea that this was going to happen. Big wigs don't have to explain anything to the peons. :(

I was thinking about the same thing. I'm sure Audax is shedding shark tears. :(
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Knottery

Postby Knottery » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:39 pm

I think this is probably a prime example of why forum moderators/administrators prefer to keep official information to official channels. Sure it's nice to be able to interact with the staff on the forums, but if they so much as say one thing wrong it can turn into a debacle.

Anyway I guess unless there's a really nice Bruce drop in adoptions, I'll say goodbye to shark dick for the time being. I hesitated at the base price without the legacy markup. $150 was a lot for something I was unsure about, I'm definitely not paying $225. :doh:
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:49 pm

The whole lack of news posts being posted is really leaving a bad taste in my mouth....

The whole Moko drama was years ago. I'm 90% sure it would have been better appreciated all around if there was a little heads up about this first...I mean it would have taken all of 5 minutes to post about on the forums, I'm not even talking about a whole official news banner on the main site. :doh:

BD in the past, has always gotten a lot of flack for their lack of transparency, because it /always/ turns out to be a pretty significant inconvenience to their customers. I'm surprised this is still a problem for them.

I mean I can *kinda* understand no news post for removing colors...but entire models definitely deserves a heads up IMO.

P.S. NOT attacking forum mods here! They should have been informed, I'm sure they would have let us know if they knew. :C

(regarding colors though, I think that Stray's idea of the color archive page with an example pic would be absolutely killer, and BD should do this or just hire her to make it lol)
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:52 pm

It seems like they've done less to stem outcry and more to incite a different kind of outcry, with more damage to their general reputation than if they had just been like, "hey guys, nobody seems to like Bruce so we're gonna retire him!"
Magenta

Postby Magenta » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:00 pm

Maybe they'll do more legacy sales now that another toy joined the ranks ^.^ At least its not gone for good, and they are getting better and better with pretty adoptions :)
ImageImageImage Image
Wishlist: Small Nox, Small Blaze, Small Echo, Kage
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:01 pm

Yeah it was kind of obvious it would get retired one day. It wasn't popular, the reviews weren't good, it was too expensive, etc, etc. I am personally sad because Bruce was my first toy, and how I discovered the world of fantasy dicks. At the end of the day, I have one so I'm glad about that, but still sad to see him go. Why do all the marine toys get retired ugh.

Still, it would be nice to have a head up for people who might be interested in the model. They warned us before with the extinction sale. Saying "they don't have to tell us anything" doesn't really make sense. They did it before, they can do it again. Let's hope they are actually "preparing" a sale for when they decide what stays and what goes away, but since the ones that went away already, Hanns' small and Bruce, are already wiped off the website, it doesn't seem likely.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:06 pm

I think right now I'm most upset that they didn't seem to tell CS anything, so now I can't decide if I should be worried about other models going away or not. :tinfoil: Do I need to re-order my priority for models or not?? I guess they don't want a flood of orders for models that are on the way out. But BLEH. This whole situation is just inspiring me to go make my EE order right now and just forgetting about my order here. It keeps getting pushed back for whatever reason anyway. Maybe I should take that as a sign. I keep eyeballing adoptions and noticing that, in recent drops, some models are getting dropped a lot less or not at all. I don't want to panic about them but :crying:
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:10 pm

Vitani wrote:The whole lack of news posts being posted is really leaving a bad taste in my mouth....

The whole Moko drama was years ago. I'm 90% sure it would have been better appreciated all around if there was a little heads up about this first...I mean it would have taken all of 5 minutes to post about on the forums, I'm not even talking about a whole official news banner on the main site. :doh:

BD in the past, has always gotten a lot of flack for their lack of transparency, because it /always/ turns out to be a pretty significant inconvenience to their customers. I'm surprised this is still a problem for them.

I mean I can *kinda* understand no news post for removing colors...but entire models definitely deserves a heads up IMO.

P.S. NOT attacking forum mods here! They should have been informed, I'm sure they would have let us know if they knew. :C

(regarding colors though, I think that Stray's idea of the color archive page with an example pic would be absolutely killer, and BD should do this or just hire her to make it lol)

I still have to edit in Austin's colors come to think of it. I'll dig up the thread. I did pm Dasa and asked if we could get it pinned but it might have slipped his mind since then or may have gotten turned down by someone higher up for reasons unknown. In any case, I'll try and keep up with it as best I can so long as people are still interested in using it as a resource.

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:17 pm

HungryStray wrote:
Vitani wrote:The whole lack of news posts being posted is really leaving a bad taste in my mouth....

I still have to edit in Austin's colors come to think of it. I'll dig up the thread. I did pm Dasa and asked if we could get it pinned but it might have slipped his mind since then or may have gotten turned down by someone higher up for reasons unknown. In any case, I'll try and keep up with it as best I can so long as people are still interested in using it as a resource.

I'm sure it will get pinned!

I mean, it's a win-win. The colors are all still available via request in a custom order, AND it still streamlines their product pages by keeping it on the forums. (or as it's own separate official page if it ever comes to that.)
AltheaThune

Postby AltheaThune » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:19 pm

Vitani wrote:The whole Moko drama was years ago. I'm 90% sure it would have been better appreciated all around if there was a little heads up about this first...

That was before my time. What happened with "the whole Moko drama?"
FOR SALE: Mountain Drake (OS/5), Legacy Naga (S/8), Sleipnir (S/5), Sleipnir (Mini/3), Trent (M/5), Tyson (S/5). Additional info in my profile. PM me for details.
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:20 pm

AltheaThune wrote:
Vitani wrote:The whole Moko drama was years ago. I'm 90% sure it would have been better appreciated all around if there was a little heads up about this first...

That was before my time. What happened with "the whole Moko drama?"

Ehhh, basically people were a lot more catty back then (around when the forums got shut down), and were extremely upset that Moko was being pulled. The community is a lot more chill, and less hostile than it was back in the day.
AltheaThune

Postby AltheaThune » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:22 pm

Vitani wrote:
Ehhh, basically people were a lot more catty back then (around when the forums got shut down), and were extremely upset that Moko was being pulled. The community is a lot more chill, and less hostile than it was back in the day.

Were folks warned that Moko was about to be retired, and were mad? Or was it a surprise (and they were mad)?
FOR SALE: Mountain Drake (OS/5), Legacy Naga (S/8), Sleipnir (S/5), Sleipnir (Mini/3), Trent (M/5), Tyson (S/5). Additional info in my profile. PM me for details.
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:25 pm

Vitani wrote:I'm sure it will get pinned!

I mean, it's a win-win. The colors are all still available via request in a custom order, AND it still streamlines their product pages by keeping it on the forums. (or as it's own separate official page if it ever comes to that.)

Well I have the day off tomorrow so I'll do a cut and a snip and get it done and post in the thread so it's back up at the top temporarily for everyone to see. :3 Maybe I'll try and get ahold of Dasa again and see what he says.

Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:27 pm

AltheaThune wrote:
Vitani wrote:

Were folks warned that Moko was about to be retired, and were mad? Or was it a surprise (and they were mad)?

Moko has always been a bit of a forum favorite, but apparently never sold well to the larger customer base. So, the forum was very upset when the extinction sale was announced. It was a lot of factors all tied up together- the retirement of several models, the very unexpected announcement of the forum being shut down, and the whole crisis of people feeling hurt from some other drama with the Staff that I don't want to bring back up :eyeroll:
ImageImage
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:35 pm

All of this and not really knowing what is going away next... I would we could get actual " big wig" approval, so I know whether or not I should make a sales post. I'd hate to sell something, only for it to go away before I had the chance to replace it. I have a few models I want to sell smaller sizes of, so I can get larger ones. Would be just my luck that I would sell a couple, and then they'd be the next to go.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:38 pm

If you search about the Moko thing, all kinds of icky things come up.
I dunno, I just wish they would make a damned announcement so that I could know what to get, or whether to get anything at all.
Lewd Luxury

Postby Lewd Luxury » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:42 pm

I am surprised they don't take advantage of the typical business. "Get it now before its gone" gimmick. Yah bruce would still be gone but you kill two birds with one stone. Getting the word out there that the product will be discontinued but also giving people one last chance to get one. Its a win win situation.
Gay/Transgender/ENTP/Taken/Weeaboo/Eccentric

Toy Blog: http://lewdluxury.tumblr.com/
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:42 pm

Amaranthe wrote:If you search about the Moko thing, all kinds of icky things come up.
I dunno, I just wish they would make a damned announcement so that I could know what to get, or whether to get anything at all.

^ This. I have a couple of toys I want to sell, so I can get them in a bigger size, but what's the point? Their models could be taken away without warning, next. ><
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:47 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:If you search about the Moko thing, all kinds of icky things come up.

^ This. I have a couple of toys I want to sell, so I can get them in a bigger size, but what's the point? Their models could be taken away without warning, next. ><

Exactly. What benefit does it have to them to not plan the retirements and things and make announcements? Even announcing it several months out so that they could have time to deal with the likely rush of orders, and people have time to save money if they need to, would be great. Just something so we know what's going on and can plan things. And that goes for notifying CS and forum moderators as well.
canonkiller
Banhammered

Postby canonkiller » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:03 pm

At least there won't be any outrageous claims that any other fantasy toy store with a dual-shafted toy is copying Bruce any more... :misc6: :laugh: But really, I'm beyond tired of being told one thing and having the company do another. Is it so hard to give warning? :eyeroll:

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”