Where did Bruce go?

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
reine

Re: Where did Bruce go?

Postby reine » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:16 pm

I really hope that either
A) Bruce is temporarily being shelved while they rework the model and potentially bring in more sizes, or
B) There will be an actual public announcement (ie. not something we only discover via ticket) if/when any other models get pulled.

As it stands now, with my small amount of disposable income rendering me unable to quickly check off my wishlist, I'm worried that I won't be able to nab the models I still want in time. Yeah, I could just order a legacy-- but that 150% markup + the Canadian dollar + me wanting larger sizes is... really pricey.
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
canonkiller
Banhammered

Postby canonkiller » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:27 pm

reine wrote:I really hope that either
A) Bruce is temporarily being shelved while they rework the model and potentially bring in more sizes, or
B) There will be an actual public announcement (ie. not something we only discover via ticket) if/when any other models get pulled.

As it stands now, with my small amount of disposable income rendering me unable to quickly check off my wishlist, I'm worried that I won't be able to nab the models I still want in time. Yeah, I could just order a legacy-- but that 150% markup + the Canadian dollar + me wanting larger sizes is... really pricey.

As a fellow Canadian, I'd suggest seeing if anyone else who's also in Canada is selling secondhand (unless you're wanting something specifically colored), at least until the dollar gets better.
stuck-on-the-knot1

Postby stuck-on-the-knot1 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:35 pm

It only been down for a day so I am just gonna be patient and wait to see what happens before stirring up a fuss! I'm sure they will do an official announcement or put him back up! I'm sure they will make it available for purchase again if they do plan on retiring it! :stick:
Female 22 Pansexual Taken Polyamorous Furry Pokemaniac Whovian Rock Music Lover Food Lover

Currently own : 26 toys (Toy list on Profile)

Don't be afraid to send a PM!~ I love talking with people and making friends
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:42 pm

stuck-on-the-knot1 wrote:It only been down for a day so I am just gonna be patient and wait to see what happens before stirring up a fuss! I'm sure they will do an official announcement or put him back up! I'm sure they will make it available for purchase again if they do plan on retiring it! :stick:

Someone in this thread already got confirmation from CS that he was being retired. Given that, and the fact that they took other things away with no warning and no announcement, which was also confirmed by CS, I seriously doubt they'll put him back up. We're all still hoping for some kind of announcement, though.

:mystery:
Fableheart

Postby Fableheart » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:18 pm

I was on the fence about Bruce. I mean, I'm a bit bummed that I'll never be able to own him if I ever changed my mind, but as of now, I don't really want him so I'm not technically losing anything? I still feel bad for the people who lost the chance to purchase anything but a solid colour adopt.

However, this makes me nervous for the prospective future of other models, especially ones that aren't popular. Because the Canadian dollar is so bad + shipping costs + taxes when it enters the country, it's incredibly expensive for me to order toys on the flip of switch. I'm scared that even if they do make a retirement sale, that it will be really short and I won't be able to make the cash in time. I hope that in the future, they give us a month or so to plan out orders and arrange funds before they pull a toy.

Plus I have several customs planned so now I feel a bit pressured to buy ones I know are unpopular right away (the Snow Leopard, for example) just so I don't miss the opportunity.

On an off note, what models do you think might be getting the boot next? I'm thinking maybe the RD, Kippy, and most of the 'one size' models simply because there isn't enough people who are in that size range to buy them.
I mostly lurk and don't really post or look at messages because I'm forgetful or lazy. Sorry for any inconvenience.
kt~

Postby kt~ » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:35 pm

Fableheart wrote:
Plus I have several customs planned so now I feel a bit pressured to buy ones I know are unpopular right away (the Snow Leopard, for example) just so I don't miss the opportunity.

On an off note, what models do you think might be getting the boot next? I'm thinking maybe the RD, Kippy, and most of the 'one size' models simply because there isn't enough people who are in that size range to buy them.

The one size model system sucks. I wanted to get a Snow Leopard pretty much ever since I discovered BD, but I didn't get up to that size range until recently (and it would be one of the biggest toys I own, I think).
So I'm sure a lot of people would buy the labs models if they had them in more sizes. Same goes with MD and Kage. They have some pretty intimidating knots.
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
kingsley

Postby kingsley » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:00 am

well, I guess they have to make more room for wrinkly fox dicks...

really tho... rather upsetting that a toy would just suddenly disappear like that with no warning.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Laura the Nord

Postby Laura the Nord » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:46 am

reine wrote:I really hope that either

I'm still new to Bad Dragon, but I was checking Bruce out a few days ago and I'm really sad to see it gone. =( There's something about having two shark dicks inside you that adds another tier to the fantasy level.

How would ordering it as a legacy work? If it's getting retired for real without any goodbye sales or such, it might just come down to that. If I end up really wanting it, I'll just have to deal with the price.
Lipton

Postby Lipton » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:48 am

Laura the Nord wrote:I'm still new to Bad Dragon, but I was checking Bruce out a few days ago and I'm really sad to see it gone. =( There's something about having two shark dicks inside you that adds another tier to the fantasy level.

How would ordering it as a legacy work? If it's getting retired for real without any goodbye sales or such, it might just come down to that. If I end up really wanting it, I'll just have to deal with the price.

50% more expensive I believe
Toys I want to buy:
- Elypse Art: Neo & Vixen
- BD April Fool Toys: Red Rocket & Fire Hydrant

I'm located in Germany, feel free to send me a message if you're selling one of these.
Laura the Nord

Postby Laura the Nord » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:52 am

Lipton wrote:
Laura the Nord wrote:I'm still new to Bad Dragon, but I was checking Bruce out a few days ago and I'm really sad to see it gone. =( There's something about having two shark dicks inside you that adds another tier to the fantasy level.

50% more expensive I believe

How would you order a legacy product then? I haven't found an answer to this question yet. ^-^ Do you just send in a ticket, or?
Rusty_Scales

Postby Rusty_Scales » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:56 am

This seriously almost made me cry. I have been training to take that freaking model since I first saw it :crying:
So what, like 300 bucks if I want one now?
The worst part is they never even tell anyone. At least post something on the forums for the people who really care :doh:
"The weather started getting rough, the tiny ship was tossed. If not for the courage of the fearless crew the Minnow would be lost." (Gilligan's Island)
Male|fluid/bi
Kith

Postby Kith » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:58 am

Laura the Nord wrote:How would you order a legacy product then? I haven't found an answer to this question yet. ^-^ Do you just send in a ticket, or?

Yes, you send in a ticket to order legacy models.
"I have often wondered since that day if I am the only veterinary surgeon to have used an artificial vagina as a defensive weapon" -- James Herriot, The Lord God Made Them All

Demisexual with BDSM kinks
Laura the Nord

Postby Laura the Nord » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:11 am

Kith wrote:
Laura the Nord wrote:How would you order a legacy product then? I haven't found an answer to this question yet. ^-^ Do you just send in a ticket, or?

Yes, you send in a ticket to order legacy models.

Thank you! I'll be sure to consider that with my girlfriend after we receive our tentacles ^^
The Winter Fire

Postby The Winter Fire » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:12 am

Rusty_Scales wrote:This seriously almost made me cry. I have been training to take that freaking model since I first saw it :crying:
So what, like 300 bucks if I want one now?
The worst part is they never even tell anyone. At least post something on the forums for the people who really care :doh:

There are still some floating around in adopts, if you don't mind getting a ready made. :doh:
I've got the sun in the morning and the moon at night!~

Male - FTM - Panromantic - Homosexual

Owns:
Crash - Small - 5 - Frankenpour
Crackers - Mini - 5 - Suction Cup - Sky Blue
Casma

Postby Casma » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:28 am

Bd wishes they just had rex, chance and fenrir. How boring!
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:54 am

Casma wrote:Bd wishes they just had rex, chance and fenrir. How boring!

I feel that way a little bit, too! I've noticed that those models, and Bumble, seem to get the most attention from drops. The three you mentioned are about the only ones I saw dropped in the St. Patrick's Day colors. I guess those most be some of their most popular models?
I dunno, the more I think about it, the more it doesn't make any sense. We just don't have enough information to go on.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:11 am

sigh

well I WAS going to choose bruce over FB's Gigabeast

gigabeast it is then
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
The Winter Fire

Postby The Winter Fire » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:16 am

Amaranthe wrote:

I feel that way a little bit, too! I've noticed that those models, and Bumble, seem to get the most attention from drops. The three you mentioned are about the only ones I saw dropped in the St. Patrick's Day colors. I guess those most be some of their most popular models?
I dunno, the more I think about it, the more it doesn't make any sense. We just don't have enough information to go on.

You can definitely tell which models BD favors, especially when looking at adopts and promotions. For the easter marbles there were about 25 Noxes and about 50 Chances, while Xar and Apollo got a grand total of 0. :angry:
I've got the sun in the morning and the moon at night!~

Male - FTM - Panromantic - Homosexual

Owns:
Crash - Small - 5 - Frankenpour
Crackers - Mini - 5 - Suction Cup - Sky Blue
AmethystSnake

Postby AmethystSnake » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:34 am

NOOOO I actually didn't take a look on this thread before this and just a few weeks ago I started to think I might want to start training my butt so that I could buy Bruce... DD':
Female / 21 / Bisexual (prefer men) / In relationship with Edward Bluefox / Has 12 fantasy toys! / Artist, writer, gamer / Spiritual person

Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:38 am

The Winter Fire wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:

You can definitely tell which models BD favors, especially when looking at adopts and promotions. For the easter marbles there were about 25 Noxes and about 50 Chances, while Xar and Apollo got a grand total of 0. :angry:

I was upset that there were no Apollos or Xars in the Easter color. I love the Easter color, but I haven't picked up one yet. I gave it my best shot on mobile, failed, and decided to just hope there was something left I liked on April Fools. I would have bought an Apollo as soon as I had the chance! Or a Pretzel. Or a mini Crackers. Or some models and sizes in a firmness other than medium. :psyduck:

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”