Where did Bruce go?

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Phelvia

Re: Where did Bruce go?

Postby Phelvia » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:07 am

Honestly I don't see why BD just can't keep all their toys up for sale. (Aside from "cash grabbing"). It's not like it costs EXTRA to keep the mold and product page for their not-as-poplular toys just in case SOMEONE shows an interest. They're still making money, and those that know about the tots can request them. But what about people that aren't as active on BD? Don't you think they'd be amazed at some of the toys/customs they could get if BD just advertised them? Instead of it becoming more and more like a " secret menu"?

In response to BD favoring certain models, it's obvious. Nova and bumblehooves have large amounts of their pours for this particular case as well, just like Nox and Chance. Even when they showcase their birthstone colors some toys showed up constantly in the advertisement pages. At least we know BD won't retire those :eyeroll:
kt~

Postby kt~ » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:05 am

Amaranthe wrote:
The Winter Fire wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:I feel that way a little bit, too! I've noticed that those models, and Bumble, seem to get the most attention from drops. The three you mentioned are about the only ones I saw dropped in the St. Patrick's Day colors. I guess those most be some of their most popular models?
I dunno, the more I think about it, the more it doesn't make any sense. We just don't have enough information to go on.

You can definitely tell which models BD favors, especially when looking at adopts and promotions. For the easter marbles there were about 25 Noxes and about 50 Chances, while Xar and Apollo got a grand total of 0. :angry:

I was upset that there were no Apollos or Xars in the Easter color. I love the Easter color, but I haven't picked up one yet. I gave it my best shot on mobile, failed, and decided to just hope there was something left I liked on April Fools. I would have bought an Apollo as soon as I had the chance! Or a Pretzel. Or a mini Crackers. Or some models and sizes in a firmness other than medium. :psyduck:

Poor Scorn too, they barely ever make any Scorns :sniffing:
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:14 am

kt~ wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:
The Winter Fire wrote:You can definitely tell which models BD favors, especially when looking at adopts and promotions. For the easter marbles there were about 25 Noxes and about 50 Chances, while Xar and Apollo got a grand total of 0. :angry:

I was upset that there were no Apollos or Xars in the Easter color. I love the Easter color, but I haven't picked up one yet. I gave it my best shot on mobile, failed, and decided to just hope there was something left I liked on April Fools. I would have bought an Apollo as soon as I had the chance! Or a Pretzel. Or a mini Crackers. Or some models and sizes in a firmness other than medium. :psyduck:

Poor Scorn too, they barely ever make any Scorns :sniffing:

Yes! I feel so bad for Scorn because I think he's a great model, especially for vaginal users. I've got a custom one planned that (hopefully) I'll order tomorrow. It keeps getting put off, which I guess is mostly my fault. But I gave up ever finding a nice one in adoptions. I don't think I've ever seen more than 7 at a time in adoptions. :crying:
Casma

Postby Casma » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:18 am

My guess would be that they feel like their toys page is overwhelming with so many models. I think they are wanting to be more accessible to the normal sex toy consumer.

And focusing more on adoptions rather than customs makes a ton of sense- those customs taking months to finish is outrageously unprofessional and I'm sure they know that. The average person who orders one and doesn't expect the crazy wait times would be very unhappy.

And of course it makes sense to release more of the popular models, but dang at least give me 1 xar for every 25 rexes!
queeroqueso

Postby queeroqueso » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:19 am

kt~ wrote:
Fableheart wrote:
Plus I have several customs planned so now I feel a bit pressured to buy ones I know are unpopular right away (the Snow Leopard, for example) just so I don't miss the opportunity.

On an off note, what models do you think might be getting the boot next? I'm thinking maybe the RD, Kippy, and most of the 'one size' models simply because there isn't enough people who are in that size range to buy them.

The one size model system sucks. I wanted to get a Snow Leopard pretty much ever since I discovered BD, but I didn't get up to that size range until recently (and it would be one of the biggest toys I own, I think).
So I'm sure a lot of people would buy the labs models if they had them in more sizes. Same goes with MD and Kage. They have some pretty intimidating knots.

The onesize system is why I haven't bought a Hanns, and didn't consider one until recently because of girth, and why I still haven't bought a Mountain Drake, Snow Leopard, or Royal Dragon. It's super disappointing and now I'm worried I may never get one, since they keep removing things without warning.
► Show Spoiler
The Winter Fire

Postby The Winter Fire » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:30 am

Yeah, the whole idea of a onesize is kinda dumb. I mean I get it, they want to see how the toy sells before committing to making several sizes. But the whole thing is very skewed. The toy could be super appealing to many people, but the size isn't right so they can't buy it, and therefore Bad Dragon decides it's not selling well enough to make a full release.
Plus the whole system of making a onesize into a full release is kinda murky. People have no way to show support and give feedback on toys they want to see a full release. Do you really think anything you say to Customer Service matters to the higher ups?
But not that it matters, I think Bad Dragon isn't holding any labs or making any onesizes into full releases because they don't want to have to deal with making more toys.

Dang, this post was saltier than the dead sea.
I've got the sun in the morning and the moon at night!~

Male - FTM - Panromantic - Homosexual

Owns:
Crash - Small - 5 - Frankenpour
Crackers - Mini - 5 - Suction Cup - Sky Blue
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:38 am

I agree about the one-size toys. Many of them I really like, but are just the wrong size for me. I'm slowly working my way up, but how am I supposed to show support for the model if I can't do so with my wallet? :psyduck: :mystery:
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:58 am

I also have no idea how they can even gauge how well a onesize toy is when the reviews have been down for YEARS now.

Seriously, I really think they should work on that on-site review system plan that they abandoned for some reason...each toy would have an average star rating, and little blurbs about reviews that you could browse before you buy...I mean how cool is that? No one reviews toys on the forums anymore. And it shows because judging by that popular BD toys list, it's all stuck on features that EVERYONE knows they will like. Features that EVERY other toy company has. I mean Chance has always been popular, so excluding him but...Rex and Fenrir..../really/ ? Those kinds of models have been extremely overdone in virtually every sex toy company. Bad Dragon has s many completely unique models that nobody gives a chance to because there is virtually NO feedback on their products anywhere.
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:15 am

Amaranthe wrote: but how am I supposed to show support for the model if I can't do so with my wallet? :psyduck: :mystery:

Email BD every day under new emails saying how you love ___ model? Then they'll print more!

Idk I'm with you on that one. Had Bruce been a bit smaller I definitely would've got him earlier. I was on the fence about him. Kind of like the mountain drake. Not all toys in one-size suit everyone. One option for size doesn't work universally. Some buy the one-size and are like "well damn, I didn't need to even warm up for this" or some are like "well damn, I can't even fit this halfway even with warming up".
White Cynder

Postby White Cynder » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:34 pm

Now I feel pressured about making all my orders as that i'm afraid that more will be retired and its too late! :surprised: :crying:
Faffy the FauxFox

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:28 pm

he got eaten?

maybe it was very hard making the Bruces. then we see how long FB keeps their Giga Beast. That was a big deal when Bruce came out
__________________________________________________________________________________
underwear is a hug for your butt
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:27 pm

Faffy the FauxFox wrote:he got eaten?

maybe it was very hard making the Bruces. then we see how long FB keeps their Giga Beast. That was a big deal when Bruce came out

Eep now tempted to get a Giga Beast. It looks more beginner friendly than Onesize Bruce.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Sandpaper

Postby Sandpaper » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:53 pm

Awwww! I was saving up for a Bruce! :crying: a big, nice, custom thing... Now I may never get the opurtunity.

If there's still a pretty adoption tomorrow, and something fun for April fools, I'll just have to scrape the bottom of my wallet... I'll destroy my convention budget completely... But it might be worth it...
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:28 pm

The Winter Fire wrote:You can definitely tell which models BD favors, especially when looking at adopts and promotions. For the easter marbles there were about 25 Noxes and about 50 Chances, while Xar and Apollo got a grand total of 0. :angry:

Ugh I would be so sad if anything ever happened to Apollo :doh: it's one of my favorite looking models (and the character is neat too).

Amaranthe wrote:I agree about the one-size toys. Many of them I really like, but are just the wrong size for me. I'm slowly working my way up, but how am I supposed to show support for the model if I can't do so with my wallet? :psyduck: :mystery:

*Nod* that's very true. And it's not like there is a button somewhere saying "Press this if you'd like to buy this toy in a larger or smaller size." to press. Sure the designer is going to try to make the most comfortable and widely used size but that doesn't mean BD is really going to know how well it could be doing with a full release just based on those.

Vitani wrote:I also have no idea how they can even gauge how well a onesize toy is when the reviews have been down for YEARS now.

Seriously, I really think they should work on that on-site review system plan that they abandoned for some reason...each toy would have an average star rating, and little blurbs about reviews that you could browse before you buy...I mean how cool is that? No one reviews toys on the forums anymore. And it shows because judging by that popular BD toys list, it's all stuck on features that EVERYONE knows they will like. Features that EVERY other toy company has. I mean Chance has always been popular, so excluding him but...Rex and Fenrir..../really/ ? Those kinds of models have been extremely overdone in virtually every sex toy company. Bad Dragon has s many completely unique models that nobody gives a chance to because there is virtually NO feedback on their products anywhere.

I second this! It might take some effort on their part but it would sure as hell allow customers to make more informed decisions as well as even give BD some more feedback on models, which I think would have come in handy at times just like this when they feel like making changes. And at least if they wanted to remove a model people would be more accepting of it if the proof it wasn't doing so hot was in right in front of them.
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-
AmethystSnake

Postby AmethystSnake » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:36 am

I just wonder why the fuck BD didn't do this with Bruce: http://bad-dragon.com/sales/endisnigh2014

I know I'm a BIT salty about this, but come on, it were THE ONLY double penetration toy they had, why didn't they give him even a proper farewell...
Female / 21 / Bisexual (prefer men) / In relationship with Edward Bluefox / Has 12 fantasy toys! / Artist, writer, gamer / Spiritual person

Naz

Postby Naz » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:10 am

I think I'll stay positive in hoping that they release a more user friendly dual-shaft toy to replace him ^_^. It's a pretty appealing niche toy, so I don't think they would leave their line up without one. Hopefully if they do make a replacement it'll be a little smaller :widesmile:
Dusksong

Postby Dusksong » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:12 am

Casma wrote:My guess would be that they feel like their toys page is overwhelming with so many models. I think they are wanting to be more accessible to the normal sex toy consumer.

And focusing more on adoptions rather than customs makes a ton of sense- those customs taking months to finish is outrageously unprofessional and I'm sure they know that. The average person who orders one and doesn't expect the crazy wait times would be very unhappy.

And of course it makes sense to release more of the popular models, but dang at least give me 1 xar for every 25 rexes!

I'm a bit sad because he was the only double toy, I'd always kind of wanted to try him out.

I agree about Xar though, when I saw one in the right size/firmness I snapped him up, been waiting for a while.
Image Be true, be brave, stand. All the rest is darkness. - Stephen King
* Toys for sale & Wanted in my profile! *
laviss

Postby laviss » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:20 am

i wonder if they'll bring bruce and/or portside back for shark week? i certainly hope so... ;;
stuck-on-the-knot1

Postby stuck-on-the-knot1 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:50 am

I'm pretty much going to ride this whole thing out and see what happens! :doh: Hopefully they are revamping him and making more sizes available and revamping colors and all that but idk! I think they will bring both back for shark week but hopefully this all ends up with smooth sailing and everyone will be happier ;^;
Female 22 Pansexual Taken Polyamorous Furry Pokemaniac Whovian Rock Music Lover Food Lover

Currently own : 26 toys (Toy list on Profile)

Don't be afraid to send a PM!~ I love talking with people and making friends
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:55 am

stuck-on-the-knot1 wrote:I'm pretty much going to ride this whole thing out and see what happens! :doh: Hopefully they are revamping him and making more sizes available and revamping colors and all that but idk! I think they will bring both back for shark week but hopefully this all ends up with smooth sailing and everyone will be happier ;^;

When is shark week anyways?

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”