Burnt toy???

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
hamnatwulff

Burnt toy???

Postby hamnatwulff » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:09 pm

Help! I boiled my Anthro-shark for several minutes. I've done this a million times with my Hazel, but when I took the Anthro out, it seemed to have burn discoloration at various points along the toy, particularly the face of it! Has anyone else seen this? What, if anything, can be done to fix that? D: :crying:
Rainbow Dasher

Re: Burnt toy???

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:16 pm

Was water covering the toy for the entire time? If there are burn marks on the toy, I have no idea how to remove them. Everything I've ever had that has had a burn mark on it, has been permanent.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
mynickname

Postby mynickname » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:09 pm

I'd suggest roughly washing the toy. In order for a toy to start melting (not burning, these things shouldn't burn like food burns) it needs to get significantly above boiling. The only way for that to happen is if part of the toy was touching the sides of a highly conductive pot while not being surrounded by water. If the browning parts were only exposed to air, then they shouldn't be burn marks because the air isn't hot enough to melt silicone. More likely the toy wasn't clean and something on the toy started burning. Thus scrubbing those areas should remove whatever is on the toy.

If you're able, please post pictures as this only occurs rarely thus it's hard to show people what it looks like.
Gribley

Postby Gribley » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:25 am

i seem to recall from a previous post that the bottom of a rapidly boiling [pot can reach temps far over 100 degrees C, and that if the toy is in constant contact with the base of the pot it can burn.
hamnatwulff

Postby hamnatwulff » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:52 pm

@mynickname That shounds like what it probably was. The discoloration has faded away some since then, suggesting that it's likely what you mentioned. Also, the silicone didn't melt or become sticky, it's still pretty much intact except for the discoloration. I'll probably take your advice. With luck, that's all it really was! I certainly hope so, miss Sharkie is quickly becoming one of my favorites. :blush:
Neokolzia

Postby Neokolzia » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:28 pm

Most I do for sanitation outside of used toy sales/ and recieves is just blasting it with hot soapy water in the sink really quick to avoid any issues with well boiling toys.
Have:
- (L) Gryphon (5)~ Suction Cup ~Custom Fade/Split
- (XL)Gryphon (5)~ Suction Cup ~Custom Fade/Split~ Cumtube
- (XL) Nox (5)~ Custom Fade/Split+Sloppy Seconds~ Cum Tube
- (L Legacy) Chance (8)~Custom Marble+Base~Cum Tube
- Natascha Surprise me

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”