Fleshlight gets dotted. Is that normal?

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Kami123

Fleshlight gets dotted. Is that normal?

Postby Kami123 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:08 am

Hey guys and girls,

I've noticed the surface of my fleshlight gets dotted after a couple of uses. It looks like in the attached image.
Fleshlight FAQ says the toys getting sticky is normal but I fear it might be too sticky and the white dots do not look right. It also keeps a slight watermelon smell. They do not get off with hot water and soap so I fear this already is degrading silicone. :(

Am I doing something wrong here?
I use water-based watermelon lube, lube her up inside and run my fingers around the surface. After use, I run warm/hot water through it, rub my fingers inside and over the surface to get the lube and wing wong off then spray some fleshlight wash on it so the liquid drops into the sink on the other side. Last step is taking a soft tissue and dab the surface and the openings off water.

Before I buy and ruin a BD lady this way, I would like to know if that is normal or if I do something wrong here. Thank you. :nerdy:
Attachments
20161203_084958.jpg
Mary Duke's Butt Hazel Janine's Muzzle
Rainbow Dasher

Re: Fleshlight gets dotted. Is that normal?

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:51 am

Unlike toys from BD, Fleshlights are not medical grade silicone and are porous, at least, the Fleshlights I know of. Since you're using watermelon lube, and since your toy is porous, it will hold the scent quite well as well as harbor bacteria no matter how well you clean it. I don't believe you can sterilize a Fleshlight like you can a toy from somewhere like BD. It's possible the lube could be affecting the toy too and is something you will have to watch out for when buying something from BD. You will want water based lube only for BD toys and, depending on what's in it, you may not be able to use your Fleshlight spray on them, either.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
kt~

Postby kt~ » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:59 am

Like RD said, Fleshlights aren't silicone.

With BD's toys, pretty much all you need to do is keep them away from most silicone based lubes. Other than that they stay nice for a very long time, with little extra maintainence.
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
Kami123

Postby Kami123 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:04 am

As written before, the lube is water-based and fat-free, made in Germany (we do have very high standards as you can imagine).
http://www.waterglide.de

The toy cleaner is the official Fleshlight wash.
Applying corn powder, as adviced by Fleshlight on their FAQ, does not improve the rippled surface.

Interesting though, that issue only occurs on the surface. The inside stays soft and smooth.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:06 am

Your toys is porous, non-body safe and not silicone; it's likely degrading. BD toys will last damn near a lifetime, if taken care of. I'd personally advise throwing away the Fleshlight and buying something that is not only body safe, but able to be sterilized.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Keely

Postby Keely » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:51 am

Flesh lights are body safe in that they won't actively leach toxic chemicals out of them like gel or PVC toys will but they are porous and are not able to be sterilized, can grow bacteria and mold inside the structure of the material and will consistently degrade even if exquisite care is taken with them.
My Toybox23/Genderfluid/TakenUSAFor Sale
HeartlessGlitch

Postby HeartlessGlitch » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:46 pm

While this isn't mine, this is a good example of what can and likely will happen to them eventually.
► Show Spoiler

The first, last, and only one I ever had this happened to. Used it a couple times, cleaned it real good each time of course and then promptly forgot about it. After a few months withOUT use, even though I'd cleaned the bejesus out of it, this is what it looked like. Needless to say I was thoroughly disgusted.
christoffer199

Postby christoffer199 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:06 pm

do they wipe off?
Where To Buy Bags
► Show Spoiler

Discord
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:50 pm

HeartlessGlitch wrote:While this isn't mine, this is a good example of what can and likely will happen to them eventually.
► Show Spoiler

The first, last, and only one I ever had this happened to. Used it a couple times, cleaned it real good each time of course and then promptly forgot about it. After a few months withOUT use, even though I'd cleaned the bejesus out of it, this is what it looked like. Needless to say I was thoroughly disgusted.

Oh my God. That is just horrible, makes me so glad I tossed my jelly vibe long ago. Imagine how much gross stuff was growing in there
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
HeartlessGlitch

Postby HeartlessGlitch » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:59 pm

Kisa wrote:
HeartlessGlitch wrote:While this isn't mine, this is a good example of what can and likely will happen to them eventually.
► Show Spoiler

Oh my God. That is just horrible, makes me so glad I tossed my jelly vibe long ago. Imagine how much gross stuff was growing in there

I don't even want to know. It was probably like the Bebop episode "Toys in the Attic".
Deored

Postby Deored » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:05 pm

HeartlessGlitch wrote:I don't even want to know. It was probably like the Bebop episode "Toys in the Attic".

We need an upvote button.

Anyway, whatever fleshlighs are made of gets icky really fast. It would be advisable to not use it, next thing you know it'll start turning green.
kt~

Postby kt~ » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:24 pm

► Show Spoiler

UGH wow. I'm sorry :doh: :surprised:
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
Titusza1

Postby Titusza1 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:41 pm

Wow that it by far the nastiest FL I've seen. That being said I have many my self that look new after years of use/storage. The dots are normal wear and tear from friction. More lube will slow the building of new ones. Cleaning them and keeping them dry and clean is key. I use FL cleaner let them open dry for 2 days then powder and store. The little bumps of can be removed with a good washing, powder and a little time. Any how with proper care they do last a long time a alcohol soak now an then never hurtseen. And if there's ever mold toss it out. But with proper care that shouldn't be an issue.
MY Toys
► Show Spoiler
Kami123

Postby Kami123 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:58 am

Sorry to see that but a Fleshlight looking as horrible as the one shown definitely is not normal.
Something went heavily wrong there, unfortunately. :doh:
mynickname

Postby mynickname » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:41 pm

Kami123 wrote:After use, I run warm/hot water through it, rub my fingers inside and over the surface to get the lube and wing wong off then spray some fleshlight wash on it so the liquid drops into the sink on the other side. Last step is taking a soft tissue and dab the surface and the openings off water.
You should be washing the soap off. 3rd to last step should be running water thought and all over it. 2nd to last step would be drying it the best you can inside and out (pull a paper towel through it or something). And the last step would be letting it air dry even more before you seal it up.

Since you're not washing the soap off I'd guess it's a reaction to the soap. Are you storing the toy larger side down? Maybe some moisture was pooling in the cap. It's too hard to tell from the picture if it's the material bubbling out or something stuck to the material. If you were applying corn powder before this started happening, then it could be bunched up powder embedded within the toy.

BD toys are silicone and silicone absorbs smells. If you use the same soap on BD toys they will also smell like watermelon. Smells are gas which is smaller than bacteria. Bacteria are cells and smells are molecules, so just because something smells doesn't mean it's dirty. It can be a little odd when you have a clean toy that smells.

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”