Which vibe?

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
3TK

Which vibe?

Postby 3TK » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:21 pm

Hello!

So my after some talking together, my SO is thinking of getting a vibe for me as an Xmas present. :dukeretro:
Problem is...we're having some issues settling on "which one".

We've heard some particularly good things about the We-Vibe products, so we've been particularly thinking of either the Touch or Tango.
I suppose my question is...from user experience, which would be better?

I'm open to other suggestions for the record, but I'm not terribly interested in wands (seem too bulky to incorporate into usual play).

Thanks for any replies in advance! :widesmile:
(Sorry this isn't a usual BD question, but I figured here would be a good place to ask. :smilenox: )
Luxx

Re: Which vibe?

Postby Luxx » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:03 pm

I have both (plus the retired Salsa), and use both depending on my mood. There are pros and cons for sure. The Tango can fit in bullet slots, and it's a hair stronger because of the plastic not dampening the vibrations, but it's very direct. Which is great if that's what you like. The Touch can still be made direct with the tip, but it's also able to give broader vibrations. It's easier and more comfortable to hold too.

If I only had to pick one I'd go for the Tango because the bullet function is just so good, but I also know I like direct, pinpoint vibration. If you're not sure/don't have anything that you'd want to slot a bullet into and don't mind it being a bit more expensive, I'd go for the Touch since it's very versatile and you can figure out how you like to use a vibrator with it.

They both have a super annoying charging cable, the magnets aren't strong enough to keep it stable, but they're worth the frustration of it disconnecting because it moved a millimeter to the right for me.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:19 pm

I personally prefer the Tango.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:29 pm

Luxx wrote:I have both (plus the retired Salsa), and use both depending on my mood. There are pros and cons for sure. The Tango can fit in bullet slots, and it's a hair stronger because of the plastic not dampening the vibrations, but it's very direct. Which is great if that's what you like. The Touch can still be made direct with the tip, but it's also able to give broader vibrations. It's easier and more comfortable to hold too.

If I only had to pick one I'd go for the Tango because the bullet function is just so good, but I also know I like direct, pinpoint vibration. If you're not sure/don't have anything that you'd want to slot a bullet into and don't mind it being a bit more expensive, I'd go for the Touch since it's very versatile and you can figure out how you like to use a vibrator with it.

They both have a super annoying charging cable, the magnets aren't strong enough to keep it stable, but they're worth the frustration of it disconnecting because it moved a millimeter to the right for me.

So, I was going to pop in here and say all of this but Luxx has already said it better!

I am another Tango owner since I prefer pinpoint vibration.
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:55 pm

I like vibes with the tango shape, it's more small a precise so you can put the vibe right where you want it. Some people do like more broad vibes, which is where the touch comes in. So you have to think if you want a more precise tool, or something that provides a more spread out experience.

I recommend the tango though
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:50 am

Also chiming in to say....get a Tango!!! :D Best vibe for pinpoint stim EVER.
3TK

Postby 3TK » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:06 am

Wow, so many recommendations for the Tango. :widesmile:

Luxx wrote: :misc3:

While I am very appreciative for everyone's input, I do want to say I definitely appreciate Luxx going into detail about both of them. This...actually makes it a harder choice. :misc6: :blush:

Admittedly, I've only had one vibe (interesting enough, it was a We-Vibe Sync; my SO and I were away for awhile so it seemed like a good idea at the time), so I'm not entirely sure what to look into for a proper one. Perhaps I jumped in a little "too soon".
I'm unsure about "pinpoint stimulation", personally...I neglected to say anything (as it's embarrassing), but I've had some issues with pinpoint stimulation years ago just by rubbing myself/being rubbed; the "problem" (numbness) is gone and has been gone for a couple of years now, but I suppose I'm a bit gun-shy still. Still...with so many recommendations...I think it's still something to consider. :nerdy:

A separate question, but one I've been curious about...what sort of vibes would be good for male stimulation? I have a feeling that if I get one and love it, my SO will probably become curious and want to try, and I'm unsure if the one I get would be alright to share and if not what I should look into getting for him as well. :misc6: :smilenox:

Again, thank you all for any replies in advance!! I certainly do appreciate every and all reply!! :misc2: :widesmile:
Knottery

Postby Knottery » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:45 am

3TK wrote:Wow, so many recommendations for the Tango. :widesmile:

While I am very appreciative for everyone's input, I do want to say I definitely appreciate Luxx going into detail about both of them. This...actually makes it a harder choice. :misc6: :blush:

Admittedly, I've only had one vibe (interesting enough, it was a We-Vibe Sync; my SO and I were away for awhile so it seemed like a good idea at the time), so I'm not entirely sure what to look into for a proper one. Perhaps I jumped in a little "too soon".
I'm unsure about "pinpoint stimulation", personally...I neglected to say anything (as it's embarrassing), but I've had some issues with pinpoint stimulation years ago just by rubbing myself/being rubbed; the "problem" (numbness) is gone and has been gone for a couple of years now, but I suppose I'm a bit gun-shy still. Still...with so many recommendations...I think it's still something to consider. :nerdy:

A separate question, but one I've been curious about...what sort of vibes would be good for male stimulation? I have a feeling that if I get one and love it, my SO will probably become curious and want to try, and I'm unsure if the one I get would be alright to share and if not what I should look into getting for him as well. :misc6: :smilenox:

Again, thank you all for any replies in advance!! I certainly do appreciate every and all reply!! :misc2: :widesmile:

I actually have the sync and a tango and have had a touch in the past. The touch and the sync provide a pretty similar vibration/sensation, I think, with one big difference - maneuverability.

If you like the power/broadness of the sync but want something easier to move/control, the touch is a good choice. You can also get a bit more pinpoint with the tip on the touch, which you can't with the sync, but it's still generally better for broader stimulation. If pinpoint isn't something you're specifically looking for, you might be better off with the touch.

Personally I like the tango better for a small bullet vibe - but I like pinpoint stimulation. However, the tango can kind of be tempered in that it's shape lends it a lot of versatility - you can use it in toys with a bullet hole to make it less pinpoint. And this probably opens up more options for partner play, too.

There are two things I dislike about the tango which also kind of apply to the touch - it can be kind of a pain to hold for extended periods - the touch is a little better but it's still pretty annoying. And if you want to go backwards in vibration intensity/pattern, you have to cycle through ALL of them. They only have the one button. There's the finicky charger also but that's already been mentioned.

The tango is pretty much king of pinpoint and bullet vibes so none of those are a deal breaker for me though. But if pinpoint isn't your thing at all and the tip on the touch isn't that enticing to you, then I'd actually recommend the l'amourose prism V for broad stim instead. Its vibrations are more powerful than the touch, it has up and down buttons, it has a handle without being bulky like a wand and its charger is harder to dislodge. It's also the same price as the touch on certain retailers ($99). And it can be used internally if that's your thing.
Idra

Postby Idra » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:33 am

3TK wrote:Wow, so many recommendations for the Tango. :widesmile:

I personally love pinpoint stim (I'm the type that has a really hard time getting off with a Hitachi because the broadness is a deal-breaker for me). I adore the Tango. I've never owned a Touch but I tried it out in the palm of my hand in-store and I've never regretted opting for the Tango.

BUT I'm not sure what the exact problem was for you re: numbness, or what was causing it, but I will say that the Tango is a very powerful vibe. I can get off with fingers reliably & relatively easily, and I can get off (with a LOT of effort) with those cheap/buzzy bullet vibes. The more powerful (or more buzzy) that vibes are, the more likely they can end up being kind of numbing in-use, especially if the vibe is actually too powerful for you personally, or not a vibration type you personally respond to (something scientific about nerve ending fatigue, apparently). I'm not able to explain more about the causes, but I felt it with the Hitachi and I feel it with the Tango on anything above power level #1. Sometimes I need level 2's intensity, but it WILL make my clit numb and I have to come before that happens if I need to click up to 2. It's most definitely temporary and nothing to worry about and it goes away immediately after I shut the vibe off; I'm not saying this would cause a resurgence of whatever your issue was, or be any kind of ongoing problem, and I'm not trying to freak you out, but I wanted to mention it since pinpoint stim + numbness has been a concern for you. It's definitely possible that, even if you like pinpoint stim, you don't NEED anything as powerful as the Tango. (I certainly don't need that kind of power, as I've since discovered, even though I have it and I love it and I don't regret it; it's possible a less intense vibe would actually give me more range of sensation before it was too powerful for me.) This link, if you scroll down, has a vibrator intensity list and the Tango on level 2 hits at a 6/10.

I've heard some great things about Lelo's Mona 2, which is fairly powerful (less rumbly than the Tango) and comes to a point, so you can use the broad head for diffuse sensation or the pointy tip for pinpoint, or use it as a g-spot vibe internally. Or L'Amourose's Prism, although that's much blunter.

Is there a sex toy store near you where you can go and play around with a bunch of different vibes and see how they feel in your hand? That might be your best bet vs opting right for either the Tango or Touch as your second vibe ever. I was shocked when I held the Tango in my hand and really felt its power for the first time.
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”