Making cumlube just a bit thicker...?

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Gamma Velorum

Making cumlube just a bit thicker...?

Postby Gamma Velorum » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:01 pm

Hey there! If this has been asked already, please point me to a thread that can help....otherwise, I'm interested in monkeying about with my sole bottle of white cumlube, for SCIENCE!!!! :misc11: :misc8:
See, it's just far, far too watery for my tastes, even when it was ostensibly thicker, and I don't see BD reformulating a concoction that already works just fine for most customers.
Thus, I'm looking for post-production additives I could try out on small batches of lube for mixing and seeing how it does.
Other lubes (preferably glycol/glycerine-free) or anything vag-safe that I could try out. I'm basically looking to use it with a tubed toy and my end goal is to have the lube thick enough to er, stick around for a bit instead of running out all over the damn place 2 seconds afterwards. :stick:
But I also want to try something won't also clog the tube or cause too much back-pressure and pop the tube off the syringe.
Ideas? Any experiments of your own you'd like to share?

Thanks!!!
Last edited by Gamma Velorum on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trikor

Re: Making cumlube just a bit thicker...?

Postby Trikor » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:29 pm

I have also been interested in thickening the mix as it were! I first tried a few random already-liquid lubes from off the shelf, and they just seem to vaguely make it more viscous, but it's base properties mostly remain the same or in some cases got waterier. I then tried J-Lube, powdered form. It did thicken it up to a nice, erm, well how do I put it - xenomorph-saliva-slimey consistency. If you're going to be using it in a tube, you will need to mix that J-Lube reeeeeaaalll well, as it tends to create lube-bergs (OMG did I just say that?) of un-desolved powder if dumped in too quickly. Sprinkle a very thin layer onto the lube and mix thoroughly. Keep adding to reach desired consistency.
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:36 pm

@Jaserak Haha, Xeno-drool and lube-bergs!! I love it! XD Sadly, I can't use J-lube cos I have a vag...and J-lube has glycerine in it. Basically like sugar and that's nicht gut for vages. :crying: Oh well....thank you for replying though!!!
Trikor

Postby Trikor » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:46 pm

ZoharaWolf wrote:@Jaserak Haha, Xeno-drool and lube-bergs!! I love it! XD Sadly, I can't use J-lube cos I have a vag...and J-lube has glycerine in it. Basically like sugar and that's nicht gut for vages. :crying: Oh well....thank you for replying though!!!

Oh, right, d'oh! Sorry for that one, I recall reading that now that you mention it. It's the "filler" between the actual lube polymers for dry storage.
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:48 pm

It's all good! ^.^ I'm sure I'll either hit upon something I can use or someone else will pop on later. The search continues....
XD
Sabre

Postby Sabre » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:03 am

You can try adding a small amount of polyethylene oxide. That's what j-lube and cumlube is, this just doesn't have the sucrose in it. It's pure. I get mine here https://www.teachersource.com/product/poly-ox-a-self-siphoning-gel/chemistry

You can also try methyl cellulose. It's generally marketed as scrapbook/photo adhesive. It won't change the stringiness but it'll thicken the lube, make it slicker, and give it more "stay".
A dragon's prayer
► Show Spoiler
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:09 am

@Sabre Ooooooh!!! That latter one sounds pretty great! I'll give both a try. Thank you!!!
Futa Princess

Postby Futa Princess » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:30 am

Try this stuff: Pepee Gelee, I used it with the FB lube and made it the way I like it (gel like) I'll try it on one of my BD cumlube tonight before I sleep. https://www.otonajp.com/pepe-gelee
❤ Female ❤ Taken ❤ Hetro boreing I know.. ^^; ❤ gamer ❤ nature lover ❤ agnostic ❤ bara lover

Lơ͘͞o͜k͞ ͘͝a̢̕t̕͏ ҉͜t̷̨͞h̛e̕͝ c̶l̵̕ow̡͢n̡.̨
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:55 am

@Raphs girl
Oh awesome! Let me know how it goes! Thanks to you as well! ^.^ Also, do you know exactly what's in it? I can't get any sort of info off the site.
Keely

Postby Keely » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:35 am

yeah methyl cellulose (or cellulose powder) is a thickener and is what companies like sliquid use to thicken their lubes so if you're looking to make it less liquidy while having it's slippery factor unchanged this is gonna be the ticket. You can just google for cellulose powder because many people use it as a fiber supplement :stick:
My Toybox23/Genderfluid/TakenUSAFor Sale
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:17 am

@Keely
That sounds like it'll be just the thing! Thank you!!!
Futa Princess

Postby Futa Princess » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:25 pm

I just added the packet now, gonna wait a day.

Edit: Checked now...holy shiit its thick as glue! its almost like slime! if you like the idea of super thick glue like monster semen pepee gelee is the way to go, but use it somewhere where you can clean up.. I would imagine thick lube like that would be hard to wash out of clothing
❤ Female ❤ Taken ❤ Hetro boreing I know.. ^^; ❤ gamer ❤ nature lover ❤ agnostic ❤ bara lover

Lơ͘͞o͜k͞ ͘͝a̢̕t̕͏ ҉͜t̷̨͞h̛e̕͝ c̶l̵̕ow̡͢n̡.̨
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:21 pm

:bugeyed: Holy DAMN. Yeah, looking more for er, human....*glances at signature* ...than for monster spooge, lol. That sounds like it's quite a thing, though! I can imagine there are quite a few folks here who be absolutely all over that sort of thing.
Thanks so much and thanks again to all, especially Keely and Sabre. When I get paid again, I'll give the cellulose powder a go and see how it does!!!
Last edited by Gamma Velorum on Thu May 04, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sabre

Postby Sabre » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:01 pm

Sure thing! Let me know if you have any more questions. I haven't bought lube in ages. I make my own :stick:

I'll say: A little methylcellulose goes a long way! Start out with 1/4-1/8 tsp
A dragon's prayer
► Show Spoiler
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:06 pm

Thanks again! And ooh, yes...that does indeed seem like a little goes a long way judging by the starter amounts. Thank you for the heads-up, lest it's less SCIENCE and more WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE?!
XD
Wolfcat

Postby Wolfcat » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:51 pm

Sabre wrote:Sure thing! Let me know if you have any more questions. I haven't bought lube in ages. I make my own :stick:

What is your lube recipe? Given this silly little hobby of ours, mass lube production seems like a good skill to have.
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:03 pm

Agreed! I'd love to hear your method, @Sabre! :3 Cos I'm looking to strike a balance between "thick enough to stick around in a vag for longer than 3 seconds" and "too thick so that the tube pops off and lube goes everywhere and stuff is on fire and empires fall and the sun goes out"
XD
Sabre

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:40 am

Wolfcat wrote:
Sabre wrote:Sure thing! Let me know if you have any more questions. I haven't bought lube in ages. I make my own :stick:

What is your lube recipe? Given this silly little hobby of ours, mass lube production seems like a good skill to have.

"Silly little hobby" -- that tickled me funny hah

Add 1.5ml of Germaben II to 250ml of distilled water. It's a preservative. When I've used up my supply I'll play around with something else but for now it's what I have. Water temperature should be room temperature or lukewarm, germaben doesn't like high temps.

Mix it well, then to that, add 1 1/2 tsp Polyethylene Oxide and 1/8tsp Methylcellulose. Mix it and mix it quick!

I have a plastic graduated flask w/ lid I use to mix everything in with a marble placed inside it. I like to mix it up a few days before I know I'll need it, it gives the bits and chunks a chance to fully dissolve.

Note: If you choose to use germaben as a preservative, mix that in with the water first. If there's any polyox in there it doesn't dissolve well and makes this stringy junk in there.

Also note: More PolyOx will make the mixture thicker, slimier, slicker. More MethylCellulose makes it thicker, more like a gel and seems to resist "beading" under it's own surface tension - it keeps a film over the toys. MethylCellulose isn't a requirement, but I find it tweaks with the properties a little bit in my favor.

If for vaginal use, you may(emphasis on your probably want to) want to play around with some pH testing strips and citric acid to get the lubricant closer to your natural acidity. Shoot for something around 4. No higher than 4.5 and be weary of going below 3.8. The good news is since you're DIYing you can fine tune it for YOU. If you do this I'd dissolve the germaben in the water then begin adding the citric acid. Once that's where you want it, then add the other ingredients.

Another note: if you want white lube, you can add the tiniest pinch of titanium dioxide. And I seriously mean a tiny bit! I don't have a measuring spoon small enough for the amount I use. I'd guesstimate somewhere around 1/32 tsp. A little goes a long way and too much will settle out
A dragon's prayer
► Show Spoiler
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:55 am

Holy crap, that's awesome!!! I'll have to give that a go when I have a more accommodating living situation. Not that anyone would necessarily CARE what I'm making, but one roommate is funny about any messes in the kitchen that they don't get immediately assured that it will be cleaned up and even the bathroom isn't a viable alternative, as there is only ONE for 4 housemates. x.x
SOooo..... @Sabre, do you have any directions for mixing in methyl cellulose into already-made BD cumlube? Or anyone! I plan to get ahold of some and monkey about with samples from the bottle I have to be sure I can get a useable thickness-to-slick ratio before I invest in an entire $49 bulk-pack of the stuff.

Thanks!!
Last edited by Gamma Velorum on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfcat

Postby Wolfcat » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:54 am

Sabre wrote: :words:

Awesome, I'll copy that down.
One question though: Is there a difference between propylene glycol and oxide in use? Same thing, different name?

I'd really like to give this a go :smile:

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”