Making cumlube just a bit thicker...?

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Gamma Velorum

Re: Making cumlube just a bit thicker...?

Postby Gamma Velorum » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:55 am

Holy crap, that's awesome!!! I'll have to give that a go when I have a more accommodating living situation. Not that anyone would necessarily CARE what I'm making, but one roommate is funny about any messes in the kitchen that they don't get immediately assured that it will be cleaned up and even the bathroom isn't a viable alternative, as there is only ONE for 4 housemates. x.x
SOooo..... @Sabre, do you have any directions for mixing in methyl cellulose into already-made BD cumlube? Or anyone! I plan to get ahold of some and monkey about with samples from the bottle I have to be sure I can get a useable thickness-to-slick ratio before I invest in an entire $49 bulk-pack of the stuff.

Thanks!!
Last edited by Gamma Velorum on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfcat

Postby Wolfcat » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:54 am

Sabre wrote: :words:

Awesome, I'll copy that down.
One question though: Is there a difference between propylene glycol and oxide in use? Same thing, different name?

I'd really like to give this a go :smile:
Sabre

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:09 pm

Wolfcat wrote:
Sabre wrote: :words:

Awesome, I'll copy that down.
One question though: Is there a difference between propylene glycol and oxide in use? Same thing, different name?

I'd really like to give this a go :smile:

Very different. Prolylene glycol is a liquid - an alcohol. No it won't get you drunk :stick:
It meets the chemical definition of an alcohol, but it's not what comes to mind when you'd think alcohol- ethanol(beer, whiskey, etc), Methanol(windshield washer fluid), or rubbing alcohol.

It resembles warm maple syrup in consistency. It's generally used in pharmaceuticals as it can dissolve both oil and water based solutes, RV antifreeze - the stuff you pour in the drains before you store it. Unlike traditional antifreeze, this stuff won't kill you if you ingest it. It's also used a lot in the e-cigarette scene to dissolve nicotine and flavors.

Essentially it's a food grade solvent.

Polyethylene oxide, or PolyOx is a polymer. The molecules are like long chains, and the way they slide over and interact with eachother is what gives the lube it's stringiness and lubricity.

Edit: Durr I misread your question. Polyethylene oxide is what you want to use. Polypropylene glycol is a food grade solvent. Stay away from Propylene oxide. It's nasty stuff, used in production of foam
A dragon's prayer
► Show Spoiler
Wolfcat

Postby Wolfcat » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:25 pm

I'm very glad I double-checked. Thank you for clarifying.
Sabre

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:33 pm

FWIW Here's the stuff you want. Same place I get mine from
https://www.teachersource.com/product/p ... /chemistry

I can't help but have a little giggle at the name. Yup we're learning something alright :smilenox:
A dragon's prayer
► Show Spoiler
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:18 pm

@fruityrumpusasshole
Looks like it's modified food starch and maltodextrin or cornstarch, based on which variant.
I'm not sure about the bodysafe aspect, though. Gonna give a try with cellulose and see how it goes!
Sabre

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:45 pm

ZoharaWolf wrote:@fruityrumpusasshole
Looks like it's modified food starch and maltodextrin or cornstarch, based on which variant.
I'm not sure about the bodysafe aspect, though. Gonna give a try with cellulose and see how it goes!

Maltodextrin is a type of sugar. My first thought is a big no no :surprised:

I can't speak to corn starch or modified starch and how that might interact with your natural flora. But I do know from my own experiments that corn starch doesn't keep more than a few hours. It will go from gel to jello
A dragon's prayer
► Show Spoiler
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:49 pm

@Sabre
I was thinking that as well. Thanks to Fruity all the same though!
Any tips for mixing cellulose into pre-made cumlube?
Sabre

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:54 pm

Add only a little at a time. Once you add it, mix it QUICK else it'll clump

Once mixed it'll thicken a bit more in the following hours so be patient with it
A dragon's prayer
► Show Spoiler
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:57 pm

@Sabre
Thank you SO much!!! I'll get some on Friday and see how it does. Cross your fingers it works for me and thanks again!!!
Sabre

Postby Sabre » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:49 pm

ZoharaWolf wrote:@Sabre
Thank you SO much!!! I'll get some on Friday and see how it does. Cross your fingers it works for me and thanks again!!!

How'd it work out for ya?
A dragon's prayer
► Show Spoiler
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:52 pm

@Sabre Dunno yet. Due to family events, I haven't been able to get my paycheck til today. But I'll let you know ASAP as soon as I get ahold of some methyl cellulose! Thank you again and Keely for the suggestions! :3
Keely

Postby Keely » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:22 am

Sabre wrote:
ZoharaWolf wrote:@fruityrumpusasshole

Maltodextrin is a type of sugar. My first thought is a big no no :surprised:

I can't speak to corn starch or modified starch and how that might interact with your natural flora. But I do know from my own experiments that corn starch doesn't keep more than a few hours. It will go from gel to jello

starch is a no for vaginal, while it's not as good a food for yeast as sugars yeast can and will eat starches so it would have the possibility of causing a yeast infection. It's why they say to discontinue using cornstarch powders if a a vagina has a yeast infection or an infant has a yeast diaper rash
My Toybox23/Genderfluid/TakenUSAFor Sale

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”