How long does cum lube last in the bottle?

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Chobin

How long does cum lube last in the bottle?

Postby Chobin » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:54 pm

I haven't toyed in a long, long time, but I want to start again. Kept buying toys and lube and going 'okay, I'm definitely doing it this time'... and then not. But anyway, I've got some BD lube of varying ages. I think my oldest is almost two years, and my newest I've got is only a couple months, I think.

Should I get new lube, throw out the older lube? How long does this stuff last? And these are all still closed off, never had the seal popped.
Ghost_the_Crow

Re: How long does cum lube last in the bottle?

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:52 am

I think there should be an expiration date on the label or somewhere else on the bottle. That's how long it should at least last unopened.
Asexual / Gyneromantic / Probably Trans or Genderfluid(?) / Loves Cuddling

"Of course I know what I'm doing." I said, knowing that I didn't.
Chobin

Postby Chobin » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:04 am

Ah, dang. There are numbers on the bottom of the bottles, but I was hoping those were something else. Production date or something. I guess they're older than I thought, because they all expired sometime last year.

Whelp, I suppose it's new bottle time.
Keely

Postby Keely » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:58 am

test it to see if it still works. I have some that's supposedly a year out of date that I've used with absolutely no problems :3
My Toybox23/Genderfluid/TakenUSAFor Sale
Niah

Postby Niah » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:03 pm

I'm still only halfway through a bottle I've had since summer of 2015 and it works with no trouble. I can't find the expiration date on it. I have a second bottle and that one is good till Jan 2018, but I've never opened it, so I bet it'll be good past that date.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
ImagineToothless

Postby ImagineToothless » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:33 pm

Honestly I just finished a bottle that had really old art on it and the consistency of the actual lube was of the old recipe from years ago. Probably at least 5 years. It still worked absolutely fine and gave me no issues... well, except a longing for the old recipe back. But that's just because it was way less of a mess than the new stuff.
Toy Collection:
► Show Spoiler

I take art commissions!
Regular Art: http://twitter.com/Marblefang
NSFW Art: http://twitter.com/MarblefangAD

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”