LINT! HELP ME!!

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
gaygarbage

LINT! HELP ME!!

Postby gaygarbage » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:20 pm

So I recently just got my first Bad Dragon toy and I'm enjoying it HOWEVER... The rumors were true in that these toys are horrible lint magnets!

It's not too hard to wash it off but the thing is my room is FULL OF LINT! I basically has a cheap furry pillow case explode some months ago and ever since just about everything of mine is covered in little blue fuzzies...

As soon as I take my toy out it is immediatly covered in fuzz. Oral play is a no-go and I'd rather not have a bunch of blue fuzz in my vag... It's fine in the bath but I only take one bath or shower a day usually and I live with my family so running to the bathroom to wash off my dildo every 5 minutes because it keeps getting fuzzy when I'm trying to play with it is Not an option.

TLDR: I have a lint problem and basically I just want to know how to clean the lint off my toy from the comfort of my own bedroom and any tips for helping keeping it from getting super linty while I'm playing with it.
:stick:
Fae Fantase

Re: LINT! HELP ME!!

Postby Fae Fantase » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:25 pm

Standard wash then boil. Keep them in plastic lock bags/draw string bags made for adult toys.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
gaygarbage

Postby gaygarbage » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:38 pm

lovelyscales wrote:Standard wash then boil. Keep them in plastic lock bags/draw string bags made for adult toys.

I'm already doing that :') I keep it in a ziplock bag and I have to wash it like every time I pull it out because it takes no time to start getting linty. But I need wuick fixes for when I can't really go wash it since I live with others
:stick:
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:43 pm

Unfortunately, these things are hard to keep lint free. Storing them in a drawstring bag can often help but it guarantees nothing. The majority of my toys are kept in drawstring bags, some on an open shelf; they all get lint on them regardless. I usually just give the toys a rinse in warm water before I use them and it usually is enough. Boiling is a good way to fully sanitize a toy but it doesn't mean lint will go away. I've had to send out secondhand toys covered in lint before because boiling, washing; everything attracted lint within seconds of coming out of the boiling pot or being washed with soap and hot water.

Some of my toys attract way more than others, too, no idea why. I used to think it was because of softer firmnesses but I have an extra soft toy that doesn't attract much of anything at all, some medium firm toys that attract everything under the sun, others that also attract nothing at all. Just give em a good wash before you use them and it should be fine!

Editing to second AriesCat. Many times, I've had a plastic storage container or large bucket by my bedside that is filled with nice warm water while I play. If the toy gets too cool (warm toys are fun!) I can warm it up, and if it gets fuzz on it,
I can quickly rinse it off.
Last edited by Rainbow Dasher on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
AriesCat

Postby AriesCat » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:14 pm

Get a bucket? Or whatever non-suspicious water container you can keep in your room for a quick fuzzy rinse.
► Show Spoiler
Karhu

Postby Karhu » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:30 am

The more textiles there are, the more likely lint will find a way. Regular cleaning of house, washing and beating of the fabrics, stronger textiles and different equipment, like air purifiers can lessen the amount of lint and the overall quality of air, but there are always some limits.

Overall best way to deal with the small nuisance is the simple rinsing before use, like Dasher mentioned.

As for attracting particles, there are not many ways to stop it. The material used can build up small magnetic charge, the way almost all the common plastics do when rubbed and handled. The very small fields that can cause the trash to attract or repel going into plastic-wrapped trash bins. This makes me think when I was at work unpacking tea for customers, the plastic wraps accumulated strong enough enough field to push a plastic wrap out of the bin after manually inserting in there. the lesson was, don't fight it, just think of practical way to avoid nuisances.
Keely

Postby Keely » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:49 am

the best way I've found to defeat lint is to get a pair of pantyhose, and slide them over a tower fan sitting in the doorway of the room you're de-linting. Put the fan on full speed facing out of the room and then dust/vaccuum *everything*. The fan pointing outwards will grab pieces of lint that get flung into the air and the pantyhose keeps it from getting in the fan/getting blown out to infect the rest of the house. It's not an instant fix but it does significantly improve lint/fuzz levels in a room
My Toybox23/Genderfluid/TakenUSAFor Sale
Misstori50

Postby Misstori50 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:45 am

How about sex toy cleaning wipes?
Karhu

Postby Karhu » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:01 pm

Tangible results with smooth toys, textured and sharply shaped ones might cause a challenge.
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:35 pm

Vacuum your room, as already mentioned. You don't want to breathe that stuff.
RE:er.ro

Postby RE:er.ro » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:36 am

I use sticky tape to clean the lint off my toys. Just cut off a piece (cello ape, duct tape, whatever) and pat the toy with it, until it looses its stickiness. Works like a charm :)
nsfw things I've made after nsfw things I've found: m-body-simulations.tumblr.com

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”