Hitting a "wall"? (F)

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Nil

Hitting a "wall"? (F)

Postby Nil » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:27 am

Back again with another question. :nerdy:

I have a medium Xar in medium firmness, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting the knot in. It feels like it's getting "stuck" at my entrance or something? It doesn't hurt if I push it, but it won't go further, either. It simply won't budge.

I can knot a medium firmness One-Size Mountain Drake (7.5" circ knot) pretty easy, but Xar's knot (8.25" circ) won't go in, even if I use it after my Mountain Drake, and a good amount of warmup.

I'm tall, and don't have narrow hips (I don't think?), so I hope I can knot my Xar someday. :crying: I love the idea of taking bigger toys, and I want to work up to at least a medium Flint, or Extralarge Echo (both 9" circ) one day.

Has anyone else had this problem? Do I just need more lube? :misc8: What's a good stretching toy for getting to ~8.25" circ toys? It's definitely not a length issue: I can take 7" comfortably, and 8" with some work, and Xar is only about 6" usable length.
lizardbreath

Re: Hitting a "wall"? (F)

Postby lizardbreath » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:02 am

Nil wrote:Back again with another question. :nerdy:

I have a medium Xar in medium firmness, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting the knot in. It feels like it's getting "stuck" at my entrance or something? It doesn't hurt if I push it, but it won't go further, either. It simply won't budge.

I can knot a medium firmness One-Size Mountain Drake (7.5" circ knot) pretty easy, but Xar's knot (8.25" circ) won't go in, even if I use it after my Mountain Drake, and a good amount of warmup.

I'm tall, and don't have narrow hips (I don't think?), so I hope I can knot my Xar someday. :crying: I love the idea of taking bigger toys, and I want to work up to at least a medium Flint, or Extralarge Echo (both 9" circ) one day.

Has anyone else had this problem? Do I just need more lube? :misc8: What's a good stretching toy for getting to ~8.25" circ toys? It's definitely not a length issue: I can take 7" comfortably, and 8" with some work, and Xar is only about 6" usable length.

Sounds like you've run up against bone?

If so, you might want to give the inflatable toys a look
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Nil

Postby Nil » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:35 am

The only inflatable toys I know of are EA's realistic dogs, and a few things from Primal Hardwere, but I'm uncomfortable with realistic dog toys, and I'm not fond of PH's models, sadly. :sniffing:

If I am pushing past bone, maybe a softer firmness would help? I got Xar a long time ago, and the medium firmness is pretty hard on it... I probably also need more lube, I don't really tend to use any because I don't know what's the least likely to cause UTI's. :psyduck: So it could also be catching on dry skin, too, maybe.

Edit: Thinking back on it, I managed to take Xar's knot once! And I took a medium Crackers in medium firm, somehow, but the shape was uncomfortable, and it dried out real fast (between minimal lube & printer texture). :doh:
katze

Postby katze » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:48 am

Nil wrote:The only inflatable toys I know of are EA's realistic dogs, and a few things from Primal Hardwere, but I'm uncomfortable with realistic dog toys, and I'm not fond of PH's models, sadly. :sniffing:

If I am pushing past bone, maybe a softer firmness would help? I got Xar a long time ago, and the medium firmness is pretty hard on it... I probably also need more lube, I don't really tend to use any because I don't know what's the least likely to cause UTI's. :psyduck: So it could also be catching on dry skin, too, maybe.

Edit: Thinking back on it, I managed to take Xar's knot once! And I took a medium Crackers in medium firm, somehow, but the shape was uncomfortable, and it dried out real fast (between minimal lube & printer texture). :doh:

Lube would definitely help.

Many people here including myself recommend Sliquid H2O.

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
Nil

Postby Nil » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:53 am

Yeah. :psyduck: I have some BD cum lube, but I've heard a lot of mixed reviews for it, and I don't want to risk getting an infection, so I haven't used it much.

And thank you for the recommendation! I'll see if I can find any.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:14 am

Another vote for sliquid h2o!
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:38 am

A third vote for Sliquid H2O as well! Also, I have a medium Xar as well, but in extra soft firmness and used to own another in soft. I had zero problem knotting them after a little bit of warmup, so perhaps try a soft in the future? I would recommend extra soft, but BD I don't think will do them and you can only find them as flops IIRC, plus some folks don't like that level of squish to their toys.
But yeah, if you're having a problem with a medium/medium Xar, I'd say give a medium/soft a try! :3
As for lubes, I would, if you aren't allergic, give coconut oil a try if you're concerned about possible UTIs or give a go with the aforementioned Sliquid H2O. I use both exclusively and I've never had a problem, though I've never had a UTI either so I don't know if that's down to lack of natural predisposition or what I use for lube. :mystery:
Best of luck!
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:04 pm

Another vote for Sliquid! I use H2O and Organics; I use Sassy if I play anally. Sliquid is really fantastic lube, I think.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Luxx

Postby Luxx » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:55 pm

I've gotten to this point and it's not necessarily been bone. Mine most recently was with my Large Abyssal King, which is a toy that's similarly bigger than others I've used and it definitely gets to a point where it can't go further but doesn't hurt. Just isn't happening, regardless of lube.

It doesn't worry me because it's happened before, at various stages in my toying life. Since you're going from 7.5" to 8.25", which is a big jump, you're just asking your vagina (as a muscle) to stretch to a point it can't right now, and moving over a knot makes that harder in my experience. Xar might be tapered but there's still a bulge where the knot is.

If the pointed tip doesn't bother you, I'd consider a medium Trent as a stretcher. That gets all the way down to 8.5" and has a good taper that should help.

Softer toys also don't really help me with this issue, though I do have my big knots in medium. They tend to be harder to handle and squish in rather than providing the stretch, though obviously they do work for other people. Just saying since everyone's experience is different!

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”